News: 
Paragraphite

Paragraphite » General » Hype » What's happening? Read 3488 times

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
Paragraphite » General » Hype » What's happening?
« on: October 07, 2013, 01:21:54 am »
OOC

I'm not sure if this is just me or not, but around every whole hour the world kind of vibrates. I seriously don't know what it is and the doctors, yes plural because they called in a few, didn't know what was wrong. They said other people, mostly in Stockholm, have experienced this too. What's worse is that they kind of mentioned it in correlation with Carnivorous Fungus that the news have been on about.

I don't know. Has this happened to anyone else?

On good news I went out running today. I just turned everything off, sort of. Didn't get tired at all. I'm usually pretty damn exhausted in the middle but I didn't get tired until I got in through the door. Like I could just flip a switch. It was weird but it totally boosted my ego! At least the hourly things don't hold my lap time back, haha

So, what's new with you guys?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:04:55 am by Verse »

Q

• Drinking tea. ('cos that's what we do in England)
    • View Profile
Re: Paragraphite » General » Hype » What's happening?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 08:20:55 am »
Never. Drinking. Again.

The weekend's over, and I don't know whether to be happy or sad about that.
On the good side of things, I got to see a good friend for food and drinks. And drinks. And drinks. And drinks.

On the bad side of things; I woke up this morning still reeling from possibly the worst hangover I've ever had. The world just seems to keep spinning. I mean, I'm pretty sure there's this faint buzzing (And I KNOW it's not my phone telling me off for snoozing for the ten thousandth time).

So of course, after the weekend of crazy, resulting in my body telling me I'm far too old for this sort of poisonous abuse... logging into the internet left me even more confused than I was to begin with.

Why the hell is everyone going on about fungus?
Did all my friends become veggi overnight?

I don't watch the news on tv. This internet thing IS my news and social hub rolled into one.

You know what? I'm too tired for this right now. Tea and Toast are calling to me. I'll try to make sense of this lot later.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 08:26:47 am »
I can’t sleep. 

It’s 11:22 p.m.  Dark.  No reason not to be sleeping.

Normal people are sleeping.

I want to be normal....

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 12:23:30 pm »
Haha, that sounds so fun, with the drinking! I haven't been out tipping glasses with my friends for quite a while. Ugh. Never thought I'd say this but I miss school. Unemployment sucks a duck. I just saw a small documentary or news compilation about the Carnivorous Fungus, turns out they don't know where it comes from still, but that it seeks out your nervous system. Gah! Mold in my spine! I think I'm going to puke...

You'll never be normal, dude. I feel you though. Can't sleep very well either. Maybe you could post in some ic and quick playing around here in ooc? haha

Has anyone seen World War Z? I thought it was pretty good, but lately I've been craving to re watch it for some reason.

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 01:47:02 pm »
Urgh. Why are there still remnants of the Chinese take-out from Saturday night/ Sunday morning turning up on my floor?

I still don't get this fungus thing... I mean, I had to throw out some bread this morning 'cos it'd gone a bit... you know... green...
But it's not like the bread's gonna crawl outta the bin to eat me is it?
Right?

And as for being normal..........
Urm...
Normal is boring. Insomnia is for awesome people.

You know, I haven't seen WWZ, I've been craving the next season of Walking Dead though. Wish it'd hurry up and get aired already.

Shit...

Pretty sure a bird just flew into my window...

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 05:53:31 pm »
Now I am awesome?  Finally someone sees my greatness.

I spent the last few hours playing Resident Evil.   I don't like the movies as much although the star is quite stunning.

I need food, but the cupboard is bare.  I might come visit you Q and collect that moldy bread - I'm so desperate.   Assuming of course you live in California somewhere.  I'll perish from lack of food if I can't reach you in a few hours, and swimming overseas is out of the question.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 05:56:32 pm by Beau »

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 05:58:46 pm »
I miss chinese food from america. I had some awesome noodles from there. And I think the way the scientists said it, it sort of produces an enzyme and chemicals that affect the behavior of the host. So unless that particular bread is sentient...

The next WD is going to be awesome. Man, there's so much hype!

I'm hungry too, Beio, I'mma eat something but I feel kind of sick after all this talk about mold. My brother showed me a rash on his toe the other day. This made me think of that.

Wait what? A bird? Holy cow! That's like, movie creepy! Is it on the ground? How does it look?

Edit: The vibrations/tremors are getting softer. I'm kinda starting to enjoy them, haha

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 06:25:57 pm »
Wow. Apparently my 'Americanised' Accent even comes through via the medium of typing.
Beau: It would take you over 10 hours on a plane to visit me. It's a damn long flight, I hate flying to America. I bet you have much further to go though huh Verse.

Wow, this is totally getting out of topic

Yus... bird thingy... I don't know what happened to it really; I'm a bit zoned out from day 2 of the hangover... it just kinda flew away again. Daft thing.

I also just realised I'm not feeling many vibrations anymore. They were coming up through the floor, but now they've... disappeared.
Maybe the UK weren't getting them that bad to start with.
Maybe I should actually do some 'research' on this fungus... stuff.

I probably wont... just so you know.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 06:29:56 pm »
Ah, too busy watching once-upon-a-time to do research.  *notices avatar*  That's what pegs you as US based, but that's cool.

Speaking of vibrations, I live near a national guard base.  The last few days I've noticed more noise and activity.  Figured it was training exercises, but I can hear the riffle range (it sounds like popcorm popping).   Plenty of noisy for this early in the morning.  I might need to complain.  Makes the crystal glass I put my orange juice in shake.

Birds tend to stay away from our house.  One did break a window once, so we put little stickers on the glass.   They aren't as stupid as they look.  Trainable.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:10:31 pm by Beau »

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 08:22:38 pm »
Never had chinese food from the britt-land. Is it any good, Q? Obviously its edible, since you had some. I guess that depends on how many left-overs you have, though, haha. Good thing the bird lived. Would have been a mess to clean up.

Im glad your vibrations are gone. Mine still persist. I was in the grocery store just now, and I can sort of see everyone who feel them, too. Everyones trying to pretend they don't feel it, but the twitch and sort of stiffen at the same time, so I could pick them out. I caught about five that did it. It's so loony, haha.

I tried googling the fungus thing, but there is so much hear-say and bad links to sources that I don't really know what's real and whats not. My favorite is that it's all caused by smart-phones. Bet the landline companies support that one, eh? Hope you have better luck digging. Share if you find anything, please.

I've been meaning to get into that. Since you're pounding it, I'm guessing it's going well for you, beau. You seem to live in an ideal place for this kind of activity, if a bit noisy. Do you think you could ask them? I mean, if they're all secret about it that might tell us something too, and if they're not, I guess that means it's all not that serious? Birds don't fly into my window, even if there's lots of them around here. We have a seagull season. Now that's noisy. Never had one on my glass yet, though.

I jsut saw my brother's foot again. I know you guys don't want to know but... man, it's gnarly. Keep you posted.

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 09:23:30 pm »
I'm sure the Brit version of Chinese food is not half as good as authentic fare, but nothing ever is (even when the company's owners originate fro whatever company)

I had to come home from University today. The lecturers keep saying that people are coughing and aren't well due to what they call 'Fresher's flu'.
After reading what Verse said about that fungus though, I'm starting to get a little bit... suspicious...that it could be more than that.

I couldn't find much on Google. And as we are all aware, if Google doesn't know something; it doesn't exist.

Man, I haven't heard the word gnarly in forever. I did a project on infectious diseases recently though and let me tell you; I'm not sure that much grosses me out anymore.
I think you should attach some pics. #Gross Brother Feet

Edit: Just when I thought the vibes were gone for good, I felt them through the wall. Pretty sure I'm not having a psychotic episode, but no one else in my housing has mentioned this stuff and there's nothing in the papers. Think the Govt. are keeping it on the low-down?

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 12:09:01 am »
As you may know, the government here is the US is shut down.  War on health care.  Conspiracy theory works for me since suddenly everyone in the news is talking about how expensive things will now be, but no one is giving specific examples. 

Sorry I couldn't answer you all earlier.  My internet got all flakey and I couldn't log on without using the proxy server.  Need to check that.  On the positive side the sound of popcorn/rifle fire has stopped.  Things are pretty quiet.

Maybe too quiet.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 01:04:51 am »
On chinese food - why isn't Uncle Ben's rice forefronted by an asian person? My friend and I have a laugh about that all the time.

Wow, Q, the exact thing happened to my friend in a town over. The teacher was a bit reluctant not having the lecture though, so he gave them a ton of homework. How much of a coincidence is that? And what a douche teacher, you'd think he'd let them have a break if the cause of there not being a lesson is because many of them are too weak or sick.

I'll see if I can get pics. Maybe I can tell him it's better studied in HD jpegs. Hey, you did a project on this? Do you think you can check some of your sources on what this could be? I'm super curious.

And I'm always willing to suspect the government, Q. Play the xfiles intro. I would have thought the Swedish government would not be into all that, but after all the reports and none of the addressing the public, I have to wonder, even here in the nordic. My friend thinks it's a threat to national security, or else they would have told us. Somehow that's even worse.

Actually, that ties in even better what you're saying Beau. Do you think you're more vulnerable now because of the Republican stuff? I hear the CDC is down hard because of that. Ugh.

Wait my brother is complaining big time. He's never like this. I have to drive him to the emergency room. Bet its time for industrial pain-killers, haha. Bet we'll know about the toe now. Be back later.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 03:42:39 pm »
*pokes the conversation*

Wow, when I said quiet  I didn't expect it to spread in here.   I do hope no one else is having net trouble.

Q - I hope you those birds didn't break through the glass barrier.   (oh, random thought O.O  -- I shall now go watch some Hitchcock).

Verse - hope the bro didn't eat you on the way to the hospital :)

I kid, I kid.

Emoticon happy dance for your entertainment.
 :yellowcat:

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 07:16:42 pm »
Brother's still in the hospital. There was some kind of rush in the emergency room, everyone was all over the place. Hard to get him a bed. I've been up all day and night for this. Just now came home. I'm seriously worried for him now.

Edit: Sorry, wrote the first thing on my friend's phone, who was also at the hospital. The wierd thing is that the doc sort of knew what I was talking about with the tremors, but refused to say anything on the subject.

Called the people that helps out with the site. They say there's been weird disturbances with the net all over the world lately.

What's going on guys? What is all this?

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 09:45:20 pm »
The tremors are so bad right now, I'm pretty sure they're giving me a headache.
My internet seems really slow.
There were a lot of cops out today. Something about a football match.
Hate football hooligans.

B: No birds breaking glass thankfully.
V: No idea what's going on. I seem to be living in a perpetual state of dizzyness. I hope it's not some of that fungus shizz you were on about in my lungs or something like derranged asbestos.

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 06:43:37 pm »
And here I was complaining everyone else was quiet and I bugged out myself.   We had a massive earthquake.  Ironically, I too went to the emergency room Verse.  Seems to be a popular hangout, but no beer.

It took forever for someone to see me, and the doctor, well - he did not make me feel too confident.  His eyes had that funny Frankenstein look (if you know what I mean) feverish sort of.   Anyway, I'm home now, but I got a bunch of stitches in my arm.   The pills they gave me made me sleepy.

I'll check back with you later.  Just wanted you to know I'm fine in case you hear anything about California earthquakes in the news.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 03:36:13 am »
Q that sounds horrible. I hate headaches. I got a question recently (I think I started it) on what kind of ache I liked the least, and I answered that. Not stomach, not joint. I hate headaches. I don't quite hurt from the tremors, though. It sort of starting to grow on me.

Sorry to hear about that Beau. My brother's stable, they say, but they can't let him go because of contagion. He seems fine in his bubble, and they let him have a computer as long as they get to check what he sends out. I visited him today but they wouldn't let him have anything I brought.

People have starting buying stuff in bulk because of the wierd stuff that happens around the world. My mom just got home with a lot of cans of food and asked if I would consider not being a vegetarian if things stopped working. I told her yes but now I'm not sure. Surely there's veggie canned stuff.

Did you guys hear about iceland? They say people can't contact them anymore. The flight pictures seem weird too... What's happening? haha

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 11:54:35 pm »
It's kinda like living in a room with a vibrating bed.
Heh. Some people pay a lot of money for that kinda thing right?
Or at least quarters in motel rooms if American T.V is anything to go by.

Hahaha. Iceland is a store over here. I had to read that twice to figure you were on about the country... not the supermarket, Verse.
<.<

After seeing the news today, I'm seriously considering buying/building a boat...

Edit: Beau, I don't know why, but I have the song 'Californication' in my head. I blame you

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 07:51:33 am »
I took a really long nap, but I don’t feel much better.  I decided to skip work today, and even though my arm hurts, I thought playing some video games would pass the time.

I loaded up my X-box and got this error.  It happened a couple times so I put it up on U-tube so you could see. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UqQpK4K1iE

It’s sort of weird, but I get the strangest feeling it’s trying to tell me something…and I have this odd urge to eat mushrooms.  Probably unrelated, but still…

@Q, Music would be a nice change, but my stereo is on the fritz.  For some reason only one station is coming across. It's playing 1940s stuff, heaven knows why.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 07:54:00 am by Beau »

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 11:57:44 pm »
Wow. Your tremors sound worse than mine. I actually think this all is causing the boat restaurants of my town to suffer. They always close this time of year but one of them looked, I don't know, broken or something. I hear d something about it from to "gossipers" in town and made sure we went by it on our way home.

If you guys haven't heard, Iceland's in an uproar and people are sending stuff there. How come the news are keeping this so quiet? Somebody posted a photo of the shore somewhere. Looked messed up. I mean, that's not how war looks, is it? Hopefully that picture is fake, but there is nothing else I can find on it.

Sorry about you xbox B. And you should totally fry up some mushrooms! Ara does this awesome thing when she fries them in bbq sauce. I love it. And mushroom burgers.

On the good side, many people are finding employment now because a lot of people had to take sick leave in sweden. I guess thats a good thing. Not that it'll help when everyone gets well again. We need sustainable work opportunities. Obviously the world is over populated. We shouldn't have procreated so much, humans!

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 01:12:35 pm »
So... my boat plan aka  my plan to escape failed.
Well... more like I quickly realised that I had more chance of turning into a bird.
Don't suppose anyone's got those kinda skills do they?

Hmmm... didn't think so.

The weather's a bit crazy over here. It's almost like mother nature has a fever or something. One min, it's hot as hell and the next min, it's freezing.

Funny you should talk about Mushrooms B, I had a lovely veggie stir fry yesterday with extra mushrooms. Apparently my mom's gardening skills are getting pretty good.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 04:42:07 pm »
The spam bots have found us.

The apocalypse is at hand.

In related news my skin is covered with some sort of fuzz.  Shaving is a real bear today.  Verse- you predicted the beard...well... there you go.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2013, 09:51:41 pm »
That sounds nasty... and you too Beau, haha.

No but seriously. It sounds exactly like my brother. Which brings me to this rant.

I haven't been online for a while because they've stopped letting me see my brother. Last time I saw him was through plastic and he seemed his normal funny self. I think he'd been doing push-up contests among the others in his ward/room/wing whatever they're called, and he won so he was in high spirits.

But since the beginning of this weekend when I came in they wouldn't let me see him anymore. My parents are freaking out and I'm not sure what to tell them, since I'm sort of stuck with everything, as I speak Swedish the best. MyDiorama here is his girlfriend, as you might know, and she's also checking everything she can. She's left this site on the back burner for that. It's just impossible to get anything out of them. That's actually why I'm posting this: for courage.

I was going to say hello to my friend who's a nurse at the exray/radio wing and then sneak in somehow. I know the hospital's been busy with a lot of new cases, a lot of them look like my brother's fungus thing, but I can't really know since everyone I talk to has heard another story from the doctors. Anyway, I was going to sneak in and just wanted to tell you guys, if I get caught or something. Just keep me in your thoughts. Maybe I have some info for you soon.

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2013, 06:19:38 pm »
There isn't an awful lot going off here.
It's weirdly quiet for 'student accommodation'.
I went for a vending machine cola the other day and the whole place was like a ghost town.
From what I hear, more people are getting sick.
They don't think it's fresher's flu anymore, but they won't say exactly *what* it is.

I still don't understand why they're trying to keep this so hush hush.
Do they know what it is?
Are they working on a vaccination?

Hope you get to see your brother Verse.
Beau: At least you have your Halloween costume sorted. :)

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2013, 03:47:49 am »
I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsjEhyeN43U

It's gone viral (no pun intended) here in the states.  I think this might answer a lot.  I did some research and found a similar underground video posted just yesterday from a professor at Penn State.  But when I went back, it had been "removed."

I pass this on to you now.  Maybe the tremors are caused by insects.  Maybe the air is carrying the spores.  I don't know, but I think there is something to this and the conspiracy to keep it quiet.

I'm not well.  This may be  my last post.

Spread the word.

Save yourself.