Paragraphite

Scary Story Prompt! Read 1364 times

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
Scary Story Prompt!
« on: October 01, 2013, 12:40:00 pm »
October is upon us!  :pepperorange:

No specifics to this writing prompt aside from it being scary. Thriller, gore, psychological or slasher. It’s the season for frightful tales and we want to read yours! Long or short, even poems are welcome! You have all month and are welcome to put up as many as you like. Whenever inspiration strikes!

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
Re: Scary Story Prompt!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 09:31:49 am »
Sometimes, if we think hard enough, things become real. Suddenly, I wasn't alone anymore.

/tried this thing on reddit where the idea is to make a horror story in two sentences.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 06:50:09 pm »
She took another step and fell through the snow. The sidewalk swallowed her whole and the spring spat her up the same.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 07:08:42 pm »
“I am.”

It was the only two words needed to turn the skin’s hue white. The one who had all the power stared with dawning horror at the creature which never should have had a sense of self. The Nightmare’s eyes alighted upon the Dreamer’s. “I am,” it repeated.

“You are not,” the Dreamer denied, but there was no power in the words any longer. The belief was shaken. The power had switched hands.

The Nightmare strode forward, it reached out and touched the Dreamer, “Do not worry,” it suggested, but worry was all the Dreamer could do, frozen in spot as the Dreamer was.

The rest of the words seemed like an echo in the mind, reaching across the Dreamer’s consciousness, caressing their waking self but not waking them.

‘I like the purpose you gave me.’

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 09:59:20 pm »
"What have we been eating?"

"Pork."

"I thought there were no pigs left here in the Bathory castle."

Q

• Drinking tea. ('cos that's what we do in England)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 10:47:49 pm »
There was a faint crackle, seconds before the pin dropped. Scratch of the needle on vinyl as it found proper placement. There was a whir and a whir and an audible hitch; like a draw of a breath, and the song began.
It was an old song from the fifties with haunting lyrics and melancholy melody.

A voice was muffled, the muted sounds of a struggle.

Fluorescent lights flickered ominously, almost to the beat of the clicks of the dial of the warped vinyl; ticking and scratching away. It served only as background music, there was no peace to be found in the song sang, nor the tune behind it.