News: 
Paragraphite

I need a hug Read 18064 times

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: I need a hug
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2014, 01:35:16 am »
Pere - you should take a break and watch HGTV.  I like the building shows.  Think of this as an opportunity to have fresh drywall and new paint.   You could rearrange the order of things, or expand a bathroom.  Possibilities!

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2014, 03:26:42 am »
Oh don't worry, I am getting pictures of the carnage. The hubs needs to know what I survived while he was gone, on  top of, you know, insurance needing stuff.

I am trying to be happy about the fact that I get to get rid of tile I hated and a wall color that was pretty cringe worthy in one of the bathrooms(Seriously, who pants a basement bathroom gray?), and it looks like I might be getting a new vanity in one bathroom... even if I didn't want one. It has to be torn out to get the tile and wet sub floor out, and it has some minor water damage on one end, so they said, Let's rebuild this sucker!

Se la vi I suppose.

I'm alright, just... yeah, just more stress on other smaller stresses.

Thanks folks! I will survive the chaos!

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2014, 01:28:00 am »
So here is the chaos so far

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2014, 09:24:51 pm »
Let's just do a run down of the main issues:

1. My brother, I love him to death, has decided to take a road trip with no destination and no end. I have no idea how he's affording this. I am worried about him. He starts tomorrow. He and I are very different despite being siblings. He's reckless xD

2. I may be homeless next week due to real estate issues. Long story short, dad sold house. Deal closes next week and we have to be out of the house then. We have no place to go, last I knew. I have couches to crash on as needed, but I'm not sure about all my stuff...or anything...and it's a week away and I don't know why my father isn't panicking...or packing...

But in good news, all this stress seems to have left me with an overactive imagination! X.x
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 09:27:18 pm by Krystal Itzume »

Runic Blade

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2014, 10:11:44 pm »
*gives you a hug*

BTW your brother's road trip sounds like fun!  (I assume he is driving, not hitchhiking)

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2014, 11:19:24 pm »
Ugh! I have a brother that made a habit of drifting about for a while. Just driving off to places with no idea how he's going to survive. Somehow he did it and as far as I'm aware he still has all his organs... well, most of them.

I do hope everything goes smoothly and that your dad gets a new place lined up soon!

Hugs, Krys!

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2014, 02:54:58 am »
*random hug*

I have no siblings - so you're one up on my Krystal - drifter or no.

Storage places tend to offer $1 for first month.  Worst case that's where boxes can go.

Or, you could hold a huge lawn sale and jump in another car for parts unknown.  Something freeing in that thought.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2014, 05:36:44 am »
*sings- The Lord said to Noah, there's going to be a floody floody, a floody floody...*

Some kind of demon possessed the children that were currently occupying my house and hour ago (all but one- there were four). They were playing fine, so I decide to work on a project upstairs from them. WRONG thing to do! They decided a fun game to play would be "spit then throw water everywhere in the Family Room! On each other, the walls, the ceiling, ooh lets run it down the wall under the stairs and make a waterfall, that'll be great too! Oh and lets not forget to make a few puddles on the carpet to jump in!"

Someone want to come and finish my bathroom flood fix (which only needs grout sealed and paint touched up to be done btw) and then clean up this new water mess?

*FACE PALM!!!* I've had enough of water! Period. Exclamation Point! ‪(To bad it's my favorite beverage, because I reeeeeallly hate it right now.)

me-->:spidersmash:<--water

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2014, 11:05:53 am »
Wow! My siblings and I made some questionable choices but we never spit/waterfalled the living room. We did once spray a whole can of that smelly bathroom stuff on the floor so we could slide around in our socks...

Poor Pere! *hugs* At least they're creative?

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2014, 04:59:52 pm »
*hugs* I didn't do anything with water as a child, but I know I drove my parents nuts with bean bags and black strap molasses.

I don't fully know your pain about bathroom stuff but I have some idea since my dad informed me after he tiles the bathroom floor today I can't use the shower for a day. And then another day after he grouts it...I don't think I can volunteer him to help ya out since he already seems so done with remodeling and fixing up our house, haha.

Q

• Drinking tea. ('cos that's what we do in England)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2014, 05:36:49 pm »
Bobbing along...bobbing along... on the bottom of the beautiful briny sea...

Ever feel as though you're just drifting? Everyone else seems so much more ahead of you in life/studies in particular and you feel as though you're just guessing all the time and have no actual idea what you're going on about?

Placement 4 finally over and I can honestly say HURRAY to that. But now come the essays, exams and general Christmas stress. The powers that be have granted that I have two essays to do before the break up (on the 20th... after most other student have gone home already) and I have an exam scheduled the morning after my 28th. Not a big birthday, but nevertheless, I would have liked to get some sleep/have a drink that night.

and I'm stuck on the essay due in by Tuesday and I need some encouragement and or a hug. Please.

(When you read the word Placement written by me, know that I am a mental health nursing student and over in England; that means working in a hospital for 6-12 weeks for free as well as lectures, timetabled volunteering work and essays/exams.... I'm very tired. My last placement was in an advanced Dementia ward.)

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2014, 06:25:31 pm »
I hope it all works out for you! I remember the stress of studying. Keep up the good work! Some part of you will miss it when its gone.

Also. Make sure you sleep and eat well. It cuts into your budget and scheduel sometimes, but its worth it, and then you can go on living that crazy life again for a while, once you've stocked up on health.

Other than that, we're rooting for you! Hugs!

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2014, 08:27:41 pm »
Hugs, Q! I know exactly the feeling you're talking about and how dismal it can be when you're caught up in it. Hang in there!

Pach_Work

• prone to imagination spasms
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2014, 09:14:20 am »
*sings- The Lord said to Noah, there's going to be a floody floody, a floody floody...*

Some kind of demon possessed the children that were currently occupying my house and hour ago (all but one- there were four). They were playing fine, so I decide to work on a project upstairs from them. WRONG thing to do! They decided a fun game to play would be "spit then throw water everywhere in the Family Room! On each other, the walls, the ceiling, ooh lets run it down the wall under the stairs and make a waterfall, that'll be great too! Oh and lets not forget to make a few puddles on the carpet to jump in!"

Someone want to come and finish my bathroom flood fix (which only needs grout sealed and paint touched up to be done btw) and then clean up this new water mess?

*FACE PALM!!!* I've had enough of water! Period. Exclamation Point! ‪(To bad it's my favorite beverage, because I reeeeeallly hate it right now.)

me-->:spidersmash:<--water

*hugs*
This made me think of you and your rugrats: It's not water I promise.

*Hugs Q* - I know you are swarmed with school, but my best friend/roommate is a nurse in the ER. I remember her in the same boat as you this time last year and was even questioning if she really would enjoy doing it for a living. But a year later and she LOVES being a nurse more than almost anything! So I know it will all pay off for you in the end. I aspire to love my work as much as she does. Nothing good ever comes easy. Keep your chin up! And GOOD LUCK :]

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2014, 12:31:56 am »
GAH! I apologize to whatever karmic cog I have obviously offended - PLEASE! 2 1/2 weeks of one or both of my children vomiting is more than enough penance! I beg you! Make. It. Stop.

We have many many holiday/Birthday plans, you've ruined enough, and you're totally wrecking the mojo around here.

For those wondering, yes, we've seen doctors- advice- It's a nasty, most likely highly contagious virus - Keep them hydrated, and make sure they don't have high fevers or odd looking poop or vomit. *face palm*
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:33:30 am by Peregrine »

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2014, 12:44:47 am »
I hear a lot of that going around. Im sorry this is happening to you! Hugs!

Hope its over in time for xmas or the 24th, if the term bothers you!

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2014, 12:06:39 pm »
Oh, Pere, that sounds exhausting! And smelly. I didn't even know there was such a thing as odd looking vomit. I really hope things calm down for the holidays and at the very least you can have a vomit free pajama fest... Keep us updated!

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2015, 09:55:45 pm »
Some of you know that I've spent the last 6 months or so struggling with my current job and trying to be placed into another within the company.   On Dec 15, I accepted the new position and officially take over the job duties on Jan 16.  It's a project with high level exposure and it's pretty broken - I'm coming in right at a transition meeting to operationalize and then fix it....with no real money and a team that is apparently highly disfunctional.

I think I made a huge mistake.  I just came back from meeting again with the person who's job I'm taking and the challenge may be too much.  I'm not sure  I have the energy to work this hard again - and I still have to offload all my old stuff and my replacement doesn't come until February.

January is going to suck.  I have birthday in that midst as well  (I truly hate birthdays).   I took the weekend off from the kids (which was great) but now all I want to do is go back to the hotel and not come out.  When will I have time for my life, my writing, my sleep?   I injured my foot and I can't even walk.  I've put 5 pounds on in the last month stress eating.

Why, why, why.....

I hate January....

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2015, 10:01:29 pm »
*hug* *hug*

January will end. Not soon enough, but it will end. I believe you have the ability to take on this job and succeed, though it won't be easy. Breathe deep. Sleep some. Eat well. You will find time for fun, if only because the need for sanity will force you to.

Best of luck to you, though. You can do it, and hopefully, February will be better.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2015, 10:09:18 pm »
Oh man Beau! This sounds... well, awful.

Is there any way to reorganize the team- request new members since you're taking it over- or do you just have to keep all of them no matter what? It sounds like they're as much of the problem in that department as who ever you are replacing. You can be a great leader/manager, but if your team doesn't pull their weight... ugh. I'm sorry.

I did double shifts when I went from one job to another and I can comiserate trying to lean new things and do them right while trying to keep together the old stuff you are expected to keep doing as well as you were before you had the double work load.

Not sure what your beliefs are, but I'll send positive engery your way and keep you in my prayers. And of course {{{HUGS}}}

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2015, 10:40:04 pm »
*hug*

I hate when things are hard, so I'll just be in it with you. It sucks. It shouldn't be you.

Remember not to let the problems effect you more than you can handle. I sometimes revel too much in mine, which makes them harder to solve later. I'm sure you got a good grip on that though, since you're in a leading position.

You can do it Beau! And I'm not saying that to pressure you to do it, I'm saying that because you deserve to hear it.

I guess what I'm trying to get to is this:

Happy birthday, Sleeping Beau-ty! Hope they take you Beau-wling for your Beau-rth day!

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2015, 10:42:11 pm »
Beau! *HUGS TOO MUCH* That hurt my heart to read! Krystal has great advice so I'm going to diddo hers and, because you're you, I went out to google and got you this-

And you know how much I prefer dogs.. But I'll also suggest watching this crazy cute commercial because, though cat, it is undeniably delightful. It's only a couple of minutes and, hopefully, it'll make you smile.

I really am sorry that your year is starting off so shabby and I hope things come together soon. You know that we'll be here when you have time and whenever you want to rant. *hug*

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2015, 11:49:31 pm »
Thanks all.

And Ara - I'll be turning that picture into an Avatar.

I had a thought that the little guy is singing song #12 on the attached album:
http://www.madmusic.com/album_details.aspx?AlbumID=8153

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2015, 03:01:59 am »
I was in my first car crash yesterday. A vehicle didn't see me, and left their stop sign prematurely. My car is likely going to be totaled. I wasn't in much pain yesterday, but now my neck is absolutely killing me, and I'm enjoying a mini-panic attack because my school is over 20 miles away, I don't know how long it will take for insurance to settle things, and now I just hurt, and all I want is my damn car back.

I need a frickin' mocha and probably hugs. >< and apparently stronger pain pills.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:02:25 am by Krystal Itzume »

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2015, 04:34:25 am »
*big hugs to everyone*

Props to you for it being your first wreck, Krys. And it wasn't even your fault! I'm glad your insurance is taking care of it, but that does suck that you work so far away! I was recently hit (in my new car) too and it will be in the shop for at least a week because the guy who hit me had a trailer hitch on the back of his truck when he backed into me. I am lucky I can take a train to work though!

Don't worry! It will get better. I'm really really glad you didn't get seriously injured! A car is replaceable, but your life is precious and cannot be substituted! Though I do hope your neck feels better soon. I'd make you a strong-ass mocha if I could.

:latte: :latte: :latte:

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2015, 05:08:02 am »
Blech! I hate car wrecks. If you have full coverage on your car, your insurance should pay for a rental while your car is fixed. Some of them make you prove that it would be a hardship without one, but most don't in my experience, but you have to ask because they won't tell you because they want to save money.

I was t-boned once up on a time way back in my high school days under similar circumstances. If you are in a lot of pain, I would go see a chiropractor, they worked wonders for me to get things back in place and releasing some of the pain. I would also ask your doc what else you can take. I screwed up my elbow during that wreck, which they couldn't do much for since it was just muscle strain and inflammation and I was put on 1000mg ibuprofen every 6 hours, horse pills, but it helped. (I didn't want loratab because then my head would be fuzzy and they won't let you drive).

Hope it all gets sorted and I'll send positive thoughts your way. I hope you can get some rest and if I was near by I'd totally get you a mocha, or make you cookies or something.  I can mail cookies, I'm good at cookies, but it would be at least a few days before they got there.  :donut: there are no cookie emots

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2015, 05:55:30 am »
Thank you both for your words and experiences. Pach, I really hope you get your car back! As it stands, my car is likely going to be considered totaled and I'll have to find a new one...which is a shame. I'd just started to really like my car.

Pere, my dad thought of the rental thing. The other person's insurance is going to cover it, but unfortunately as I'm not 25 and I lack full coverage insurance (just liability) I couldn't get it in my name. My dad's arranged things so he can get it in his name, since we require two vehicles...I'll be driving his lovely truck once that's settled. I'm hopeful it won't be for long and I will either get my car back (unlikely) or be able to find a decent small car for myself soon when the insurance cuts me the check for the worth of my vehicle. The other person's insurance has been amazingly nice.

I'll consider a chiropractor, if my doctor suggests it--I hadn't even thought of that, so I wouldn't have thought to ask! Thank you for that! I just hope something can be done--pain pills and heat therapy aren't cutting it right now.  I'll also see about cookies...a mocha will happen.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2015, 10:38:39 am »
Ah! Krys! Take some comfy days if you can and just soak in a tub and eat your favorite treats. I really hope things get sorted out soon and that you feel better. I'm glad you have your dad to help you figure out the car issue.

*HUGS*

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2015, 03:08:59 pm »
I'm glad to hear you're okay, Krystal. Reading all this gives a whole new meaning to your solo thread piece that I enjoyed so much. Try not to stress too much -  as long as you're alive, everything else will work itself out.

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2015, 07:30:27 am »
Here it comes. Relationship struggles.

Well my boyfriend and I are taking time apart. His idea. I didn't think that was it was possible to be more apart since we are both already dealing with long distance and it's been really hard being away from each other. He is graduating at the end of the spring and has no idea where he will get a job after. He is looking in my area so we can be close but I think with schoolwork, career fairs, and him not really being in a field he enjoys (parental pressure) the load is overwhelming and he wants the time to figure it out.

I have never pressured him to look near me and I've always encouraged him to do what he wants with his career. I want him to be happy. We had only been together since October right before I moved up to NC. I am currently in Charlotte and have two jobs; one that I am working hard to move up in and make a career out of. But by the time my lease is up I may have to start looking elsewhere for work. Charlotte is so effing expensive.

I guess it just really hurts because I know he wants to be with me, and part of my brain doesn't really get why being more apart will help, but I guess a lot of it has to do with his personality. He is afraid if we get any more serious that it will hurt more to be apart from each other. It's a lot of pressure for men to be successful in our society and I totally get that. He knows my feelings for him and that I'd be willing to make it work wherever he ends up. But it's a two way street and I know he wants to feel secure before he takes that road with me.

It sucks but I am just hoping something good comes out of it. I always hope for the best, and sometimes the best isn't what we expect it to be. I hate to think I might lose him but it definitely could happen.

A baby pig picture would really cheer me up right now. Oink oink

*holds out arms for the first hug*