News: 
Paragraphite

I need a hug Read 18106 times

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
I need a hug
« on: September 30, 2013, 08:45:01 pm »
This will be the place for anyone to post - desiring "hug" as per the title.

I'll go first.   Next poster, please hug me and tell me how wonderful I am.

(I might later retitle this 'random compliment of the day' - will see if the hugs are high quality first) :cake4:  Bottom line though I've suffered some trama around the death of a character and I'm still shaking.  *eats cake*

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
Re: I need a hug
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 08:57:02 pm »
Beau! You are a fantastic rper, you give thoughtful feedback and you find the best architecture photos. You are one of my absolute favorite rp buddies and I was willing to go to near stalkery lengths to invite you to this forum. There was even talk of trying to find out your street address to send you an actual, physical invite. That's how neat you are.

/hugs.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 08:57:57 pm »
I can confirm all Ara said.

Her obsession was terrifying and amazing. You are well appreciated.

Q

• Drinking tea. ('cos that's what we do in England)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 09:11:42 pm »
I don't know you too well, but as with all those I don't know very well on this site, I'm hoping that will change. ((Maybe even get to work with a few new cool people))

So: You're awesome.

*Hugs*

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 09:14:16 pm »
*hugs Ara back*  Thanks for inviting me and the positive feedback.  And, thank you for putting this forum together so I can exit another with grace and style

*hugs Krystal back*  I know you've been under the weather lately.  Thanks for the chat last night and for continuing to want to write with me.  I'm not the most flexible person, so thanks for putting up with me and listening when I have something to say.

*hugs Q*  Nice to know that even random strangers think I'm cool.  Yes, definitely looking forward to adding you to my RP family.

*eats more cake*

If anyone else needs a hug, I feel a bit better and can certainly share the spotlight or offer up more hugs. 

(edit)  Got this via PM http://www.tehcute.com/pics/201109/cat-hugs-teddy-bear.jpg  -- you're gonna make me cry.  So sweet!  Had to share.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 09:16:25 pm by Beau »

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 09:26:01 pm »
Krystal is all about the cool things in life, edumakation and epicness. This should be known. You post faster than any browser can load and you look awesome in a renaissance dress.

/hug

Ara you're cool too, with your insightful, awkward characters and chipper ways. /hug

Q you're very cool, I am looking forward to playing with you in the halloween thread. Let's think of something together for our character history! /hug

Beau, I like that you're a dependable and consistent RPer and that your characters have a steady anchor in the real world. It gives your writing relatabillity. You're also always polite. That's nice too. /hug

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 09:52:44 pm »
All the love in this thread. Seriously.

:cup: :strawberrycake:

*hugs Verse*

*Sneak attack hugs K*

*Hugs Ara too*

FREE HUGS!

Pach_Work

• prone to imagination spasms
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 03:00:04 am »
*hugs* Popping in to say THANK YOU BEAU for inviting me here! You're a wonderful storyteller, and I always do enjoy your characters and your writing style. Despite our totally different personalities I think we get along quite well!
Or you just tolerate me, but I am thankful for that too :heart:

*hugs Ara and Verse* Thank you for welcoming me as a newbie! Hopefully we can become fast friends through posting and fun stuff.

*hugs Krystal* Omg I am a huge admirer of you basically, plz don't think I'm weird. I don't think we've written together except in Maiden, and I have really enjoyed it so far! I have browsed through some threads idly and seen your posts, I just think you're awesome!

*hugs Q* Hi, nice to meet you. I just wanted a free hug :heart:

On that note, I think I have cavities in all my teeth from the amount of sweetness that is happening here and I love it.

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 03:57:50 am »
cavities cavities cavities.

i see you your cute kitten-with-bear and raise you cute-horsey-with-bear:

:tart: :unicorn: :choco: :cake: :pinktea: :catstomp:

okay now that that is settled lemme just say this:

Beau, you are among one of the single most amazing RPers that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and playing with~   I think you (along with Krys, Q, Verse, Ara and Pach - jesus, pretty much everyone here) are an utter powerhouse with posting, and keeping threads alive and contributing and making things fun.

Even though I think we have different styles/approaches to RPing (I still think of my belligerence with the uniform thing and laugh) we work great together and that's because you're a great guy.   :heart: :cupcake: :crown:

Krystal, i've said this to you before but you are amazing at driving the stories you do, and i love and admire your commitment - i say this to others all the time that you are absolutely amazing and probably half of any one site's activity.  you're so nice and fun and i hope you have a million more threads~  :lion: :mask: :puff:

Q, we haven't RPed together yet but I've admired your drive and your writing along with Krys's (espeically in your silver clouds series!) and you get the same sentiment - and i think the halloween thing of march's is gonna be awesome and i'm looking forward to writing with you in it because obvi it will be incredible.   :unicorn: :tart: :dog:

Ara and Verse you get a joint one because I'm lazy.   You are both incredible, and along with Dior amazing for making this place!  Ara you are just lovely and i love you and i wanna move to iceland so we can be neighbours (kinda) and just collect teacups and things with you and go thrift shopping and and sew and verse you are my favourite leather-jacket wearing perv who writes beautifully and liquidly and we are pretty much the same person anyways so idk why i'm complimenting myself  /sobs   :teaset: :strawberrycake: :birthdaycake: :tinyunicorn: :mlprainbow: :crown:

Pachy, you are the sweetest and I have enjoyed RPing with you - especially in the Harry Potter thing, you're just so light and nice and really refreshing and I love Natasha, you're a great writer/RPer and you always have something nice to say and I am so so so glad that you joined Para /sobbing   :bluegameboy: :pikachu: :cake: :hpchibi: :pepperpink2: :mlpfml:

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 04:25:49 am »
OMG - horses and teddybears.  Almost too much.  I got lambs too in my PM box (not sharing).  :) Mine.

Ok - who did I miss.  @ Verse  - here's a hug for rapper distraction.  Seriously, maybe I should challenge Tip to a rap contest -- OMG can you even imagine.  Give me 24 hours to figure out how to rhyme properly and I'll post.  Love to post.  Need to post.

@Jill - random hug for making my laugh. You're always so genuine, and emotional - I love it. 

@Pach - thanks for joining.  I offer you a toast to success and fun times.  You like baby pigs?  I shall go now and search the internet for a baby pig hugging a teddy bear.  There must be one somewhere.

*leaves pretty box with bow for next poster*
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 04:29:27 am by Beau »

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 05:36:43 am »

This baby pig hugging a strawberry is enough for me. But please post away your piglet pictures, because they are my fav.

Jill- I just love your extravagant posts that are filled with emoticons and happiness. Your pink type makes me feel joy, much like you as a person, and your writing style perfectly represents you. You're super enthusiastic about everything, and it makes me that way too! Especially with the HP thread. Gosh you're just fun!  :pinkuni:

The March Hare

• Would you like some tea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 06:53:50 am »
i was like this earlier:

and then i saw this thread, which made me like this:

Because i could express my love by posting this:

and this:

but in all seriousness - there are no words how happy i am to have joined this forum with such talented writers. you're all just too awesome. for real. trufax. realtalk.

you all are the best. THE. BEST.

here's a hug:

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 07:14:06 am »
Loving the hugs.  I'm a sick person though.  I have an idea to "fix CG".  Someone is going to need to hold me down to stop me from throwing up a thread there.

Where is our world forum....?  I could put a character there rather than waste energy on a cyber organization of criminals plotting world domination.  *cry for help*

I'm sick I know.  I just can't help myself sometimes.

Since Ara said she thought I might be a mobster, maybe I'll have my apartment character be a cat burgler.  Since I'm pro cat and I can't spell burgler....which makes it more of a challenge *goes to plot*

*gives hug to Scarlet so I don't get behind*

(edit) -- I just realized that I probably should have put this in the hype section.  I guess I'm just posting all sorts of stuff in the wrong place these days, sorry.  But I do very much appreciate all the attention yesterday.  Needed it.  I'll try not to be so needy in future.)

*random hug left for all*
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:30:20 pm by Beau »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 08:39:48 pm »
I don't ask for hugs much...not really a huggy person, but...

I’ve reached a crossroads, or perhaps I’m just very tired of school. I have to, more or less, acquiring a second masters for language things, which I’m not thrilled about. Then the PhD. Five more years. I’m going to be 30 before I’m done at this rate with no guarantees. It is disheartening. I just want to teach.

I’ve been considering just stopping with this Masters and getting into community college teaching, but I’ve come to discover how difficult a life that would be. Just…blah. All things suck. I want to have a life now rather than constant, constant, school. I just, want, to teach. *headdesk*

So I trudge on through school...one way or another.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 09:31:12 pm »
School is at some point very overwhelming. And I know languages is a struggle. So I want to show my support and understanding for you. I wish I could offer any kind of insight, but I have little experience in the academics. I would like to say that if you stay this course, you as a person will finish it, and have what you want. I am completely sure of that. If you think that that's worth it in the end, then go for it! And if what you'll have in the end is not worth it, then do chose another path!

*hugs* You'll always be Doctor Master in my book.

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 10:07:50 pm »
I totally feel you on the being sick of school Krystal! Although I am still in my undergrad and have not been in school as long as you are, I admire your perseverance! All of your hard work is going to be worth it; I would go back in time to have you as a professor! It takes amazingly patient and driven people to teach, and I think a lot of people don't appreciate that when they should. Still though, I just have this great feeling you will do very well.

*hugs* Hang in there, girl! We are all super proud of you!

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 10:31:38 pm »
Krys, since you aren't much for hugs, I offer you a slap and hope that it pleases you.

/sneaks in a hug.

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 10:53:55 pm »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 10:56:32 pm »
*smirks* Joffrey slaps are always appreciated.

And thank you all for your words of encouragement and understanding. I'll kick myself back into gear...somehow. It's one thing I'm usually good at. Eventually. Maybe when you get old, Pach, you can come and take my classes as an auditor for free!

*hugs* I will always be the Doctor Master. Always. ~_^

AND KITTIES! <3
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 10:58:44 pm by Krystal Itzume »

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 11:03:45 pm »
I started a PhD program at Purdue.  Made it 3 months and dropped out -so you've already gone further than me.  Do they offer a leave of absence?  Technically I could take a break for a year and come back.  It might be worth checking just so you know you have options.  Doesn't mean you have to act on it.

I can't top any of the hug pictures already submitted, even though I'd like to spend the next hour trying.

My thoughts are with you.   Get some coffee, and some sleep -- not necessarily in that order.

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2013, 12:09:09 am »

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 12:28:34 pm »
Today, I need a hug.
A real life one would be great, but I guess this will have to do.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 12:52:36 pm »
*hugs Q* What's up? It's the day after Halloween, shouldn't you be in a sugar coma?

Best commercial ever to hopefully cheer you up...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUAYO7Zyydk

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2013, 12:53:52 pm »
Q I wish I could hug you in real life! Right now I'm not wearing a shirt even, so it would be extra intimate. Fell better!

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
~
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2013, 01:39:55 pm »
Q~ please feel better soon, my dear. And yes, sugar coma! All the candy should be on sale even there...maybe...

*hugs*

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2013, 04:23:44 pm »
*leaves hug*  So sorry you are feeling blue

Sometimes in life random things happen, and we just don't understand them.  Take this for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

Apparently this is all the rage in elementary school (Since my 9 year old has been singing it)

I have no idea why it's popular, but it certainly sticks with you....

Hopefully this ridiculously popular item will distract you with the wonders of the universe

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2013, 09:20:04 pm »
Thank you all for the much needed hugs and distractions
(even the shirtless hug and the strangest advert I think I've ever seen)

*kills the fox thing with a sharp, pointy stick*
Sorry.

I love the bunneh, kitty too. Fluffy and awesome.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2013, 11:44:54 pm »
*dances through the thread one last time*

What does the fox say...

You will be singing that -- I promise you.

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2013, 08:01:17 am »
I'm just gonna leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXowYIZpYpo

Hope you get a few laughs out of it!

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2014, 09:28:13 pm »
I'm taking deep breaths. I'm trying to stay calm, but I could use a hug.

We just had follow up hearing tests done on my daughter, she's 2, and she failed in both ears. So between birth and some time, something I missed has possibly caused my daughter to go deaf.

We have appointments and more tests in the next weeks to come to see if it is complete loss or only partial loss, if it can be reversed or if our lives have suddenly changed in a direction we weren't expecting.

So I'm taking deep breaths.