News: 
Paragraphite

music: let's make some kick ass playlists. Read 34608 times

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: music: let's make some kick ass playlists.
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2014, 06:39:36 pm »
Never heard this before - randomly found, but I like it: Grow old with me

And a special song for me: The promise

Pach_Work

• prone to imagination spasms
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2014, 04:59:18 am »
Geeking out. Fairy Tail is back on... :heart: the soundtrack for this show is intense and makes me want to kick some tail. LISTEN YOU WON'T REGRET!

Titania the Fairy Queen (So obsessed with this.)
Juvia of the Great Sea
Dragon Force

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2014, 10:56:44 pm »
Erza's Theme is pretty cool; definitely fitting for her character. I don't watch the anime, but I've been following the manga weekly. I've also been watching a ton of (really sad) anime lately. Ever watched Angel Beats? I love the soundtrack for it.

As for recent favorites:
Animal Rap by Jedi Mind Tricks
Daydream in Blue by I Monster

Edit//
I LOVE YOU PRIDE.

I had been trying to remember what the song from FFVIII was that I loved so much. Liberi Fatali. Thank you!

Haha, sorry I just noticed this. I love it too. It is one of the songs that never leaves my main playlist.  Glad I could help. <3
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:05:55 pm by Pride »

dark paradise.

• put ur love all over me
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2014, 01:16:37 am »

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2014, 09:09:36 am »
^ you would post about lana.

ratchet - bloc party

i want their new album soooooo bad. august can't come soon enough.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2014, 08:59:39 pm »
Soo.. found this on a commercial- they have great music on those things- and searched it out until I found it. The rest of this person's stuff is pretty good too. It's mostly instrumental.

A Hint of a Smile - ZIKALI

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2014, 11:55:56 pm »
I will definitely be looking for more of this person's stuff...once I stop needing to listen to this song on repeat. I do like a good instrumental ^-^

Super Junior: Sorry, Sorry

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2014, 12:29:08 am »
Does that classify as KPop? I was listening and the hubs came in and gave the the funniest look. Then we both boogied for a minute before he danced out. =]

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2014, 01:25:57 am »
Lol!

Yes, it does classify as such. I seem to go into random K-Pop phases and during this recent one I discovered that song.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
OFFICIAL PLAYLIST IS ACTUALLY UP.
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2014, 11:33:31 pm »
so, after seeing Guardian's of the Galaxy and totally loving it...

the awesome mix vol. 1

it's full of great 70's rock/pop. and to anyone who hasn't seen the movie, GO SEE IT.

edit:

so you guys remember that playlist thing right? and you wished you could click it, right? well...now it's a thing. i'm gonna make the album picture i posted earlier clickable but for now, here's the link to the playlist. i think a song or two might have been changed because i couldn't find the song, but i kept it to the same artist.

i hope you all enjoy.

Paragraphite: a site playlist.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:19:02 am by Lightning »

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL PLAYLIST IS ACTUALLY UP.
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2014, 09:53:24 pm »
so you guys remember that playlist thing right? and you wished you could click it, right? well...now it's a thing. i'm gonna make the album picture i posted earlier clickable but for now, here's the link to the playlist. i think a song or two might have been changed because i couldn't find the song, but i kept it to the same artist.

i hope you all enjoy.

Paragraphite: a site playlist.

This is excellent. Well done!

My only regret is that the website limits the number of times you can listen to a playlist. I have already reached that limit. /sob

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2014, 03:15:37 am »
omg seriously? i didn't know that! i mainly picked it cause it looks nice~

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2014, 12:04:40 pm »
Wonderful idea still, Light!

And now, because it is 5am and I can't sleep because stress, music!

This is one of my favorite songs: Listen by Beyonce.

Runic Blade

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2014, 11:14:11 pm »
I stumbled across a song this afternoon on youtube....
check it out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18fL82AppJg
 :strawberrycake:

Wins a prize for sillyness -- I keep listening to it over and over again haha!!

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2014, 04:24:15 am »
Linkin Park - Roads Untraveled.

I need to write a post for this...somewhere...

Here's the vid with Dr. Who pics -- same song. (for Krystal's inspiration)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efV8WKNLAz0  Ironically I've only seen a handful of Who -- and I think I've seen two or three of the episodes showcased here.  The little girl and the space suit stuff is familiar to me.

Random link clicking for the Storybook set -- Once I was Real
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 04:41:39 am by Beau »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2014, 04:40:39 am »

Here's the vid with Dr. Who pics -- same song. (for Krystal's inspiration) 

:latte: :strawberrycake: :chocolate:

And this, my dear, is why you will always have a place of honor when I take over the world.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2014, 04:44:30 am »
CAKE!!

And getting my sci-fi space feel on.  They are filming Star Wars 7 in Santa Cruz.  My son was at camp in the mountains and they were pacing out the forest planet scene (either for the Ewok or the Wookie, I didn't get the full story -- I'm assuming Ewok because Mt. Herman is what they used before --  but Marc got to touch the props and stuff).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 04:49:25 am by Beau »

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2014, 05:10:35 am »
Agh! This is why I don't know if I can watch Doctor Who. I seem to be an overly emotional creature lately and that made me want to cry in the first minute of it!

I watched the "old" ones with my Dad as a kid and they gave me nightmares. I've been assure over and over that the reboot would be very enjoyable, but I've heard so many upsetting spoilers that I think I'd be crying too much, and I'm seriously NOT a crier unless I'm alone... or even then really.

And Gah! I just want Regina to be happy! I used to hate her guts, but now she is probably my favorite and I want to punch Emma in the face! >.< I won't say anything other than that for those that aren't of the Storybrook set.

Great song picks though Beau. Very good stuff. And that is completely jealousy worthy what your son got to do!

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2014, 09:16:56 pm »
Doctor Who will make you cry, but you'll like it.

Just for that, I'm putting up all my favorite Doctor Who songs ^-^ (and by that I do mean songs that appear in Doctor Who. Most are instrumentals).

~***~

My Angel Put The Devil In Me
Abide With Me
TicK Tock Round The Clock
Vale Decem (Goodbye Ten)
The Doctor's Theme Series 4
The Master Tape
The Time Lords' Last Stand

~***~

Now unrelated music ^-^

Boom by Anjulie
Pretty by The Weeknd ...I don't know what it is but I like every single one of their songs even though they tell terrible stories. I think it is the voice.
Veritas by Kamelot
Hey Brother by Avicii

~*Fun*~

Hello Kitty with the Doctor
Actual Hello Kitty Full Song: Hello Kitty by Avril

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2014, 10:23:52 pm »
So apparently this song came out in 2012.  I heard it for the first time yesterday and I listened to it at least twenty times in the car - streaming - which means my data bill is going to be huge.

Anyway.  It's the perfect song for poor Jason.  So, I'll post soon in at least one thread. Just a fool

Now -- there wasn't a dr. who version of this song.  But there were two "fool" vids.

Everybody's Fool-Evanescence.

It takes a fool

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:33:24 pm by Beau »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2014, 12:33:48 am »
Pere, thank you for the Red! I forget about them too much, and I need to explore more of their music. I like most of what I've heard by them.

I think you're a week behind me, Beau. Last week I looked into a whole bunch of Christina Aguilera things and found that song. Love it.

Coincidentally, I also found a mix CD for an RP I did once upon a time (yes, soundtracks were made, the other player made them, after I figured out the music), and it had the Evanesence song on it. I even remember the reason why it was on the soundtrack...I may have to do this again, haha. Excellent song either way.

Since I have been reintroduced to lots of songs through that CD find, I'll post a few here.

Last Song I'm Wasting On You by Evanesence (still one of my favorites by Evanescence)
Life of my own by 3 Doors Down
Trust Me by The Fray

Symphonic Poem "Hope" from Final Fantasy XII
The Extreme from Final Fantasy VIII
Violator

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2014, 03:40:57 am »
Eee gad! Brings back memories.

I went through a phase in high school or college where I listened to nothing but Evanesence and Within Temptation.

Speaking of, most of these are older, but they have put out new stuff in the last few months, which makes me happy =]
Within Temptation - And We Run ft. Xzibit
Within Temptation - Stand My Ground
Within Temptation - The Howling

Krystal, I've liked most of the Red I've heard too, and please continue to impart of the RP mix tape goodness. ^_^

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2014, 04:12:02 am »
Oh goodness, yes! For me it was Within Temptation, Nightwish, Linkin Park, and Evanesence...so here's a few more from those mixtapes of those groups:

Planet Hell by Nightwish
I Wish I Had An Angel by Nightwish

Our Solemn Hour by Within Temptation

Forgotten by Linkin Park
Points of Authority by Linkin Park--Fun Fact, Krystal Itzume was my first RP character, and this song came at one of the climaxes to her main side plot, a very fun battle scene. Gods, I miss her.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:14:09 am by Krystal Itzume »

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2014, 10:01:20 pm »
Nemo - Nightwish --- that IS Dr. Jordon Kendall.

I'm starting to wonder if we need a random RP with our "first" characters.  Mine was a bookstore worker who was "murdered" (or so his girlfriend thought) and lost his memory.  There were Egyptian gods and soul stealers and killers to be caught.  I've reused many character elements in others, but you never forget your first (2004).

Now...if I can only remember his name.....dang it....

(edit) GARRET!@@

And I got introduced to within temptation by my RP partner at that time.  Memories, Pale, Jillian....good songs.  I've designed whole RPs with WT.  Saw them live at Slim's in San Francisco which is a bar (small, small venue).  Her voice is incredible.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:26:46 pm by Beau »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2014, 10:33:03 pm »
I'm sure I could adapt my character to fit "original" settings. I've already planned it out for a novel in the future. Always phrased it as "Imagine if your father was Adolf Hitler, and no amount of changing names could hide it" as the hook line. Helped me think of how she would be best adapted since she made her life revolve around her father.

Jordon was cool. I remember reading a few things about the merman in C/G.

And since I just discovered Lindsey Stirling's new album...her!
Shatter Me by Lindsey Stirling
Roundtable Rival by Lindsey Stirling (This one might be my new favorite of hers)

And the haunted song...: White by Pink Dolls (excellent horror movie: White)

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2014, 12:07:24 am »
Argh! I liked Sia before... but I just got her album '1000 Forms of Fear', and I have been listening to the whole thing on repeat. Some of the songs fit current RPS sooo well.

Sia - Fire meet gasoline has been a favorite as well as Dressed in Black and Eye of the Needle.

As for original characters I dabbled with a few at my start Lila- an archangel is the first that comes to mind(I know original, but I was 14).

This was all back in the Yahoo chatroom days. My first really fleshed out character was Alana- a fire wielding warrior/tendress in a tavern (Iorveth and I met after I'd been using her for about a year ^_^) That was when I was 15-16, she evolved a lot, but at her roots she liked serving up fancy drinks, playing with fire, and kicking the butts of any who dared mess up her tavern or her regulars.

(Holy Crap Sam! I just Googled and found the old Four Winds Group page on Yahoo as well as the page that was set up off site!)

Runic Blade

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2014, 05:58:22 pm »
Nightwish brings back memories for sure.  I remember I used to rock out to Nightwish or Amon Amarth during the summer driving around in my old pickup truck with the windows cranked down.  Once, while I was at a stoplight, some guy gave me a thumbs up for Amon Amarth... mostly I am sure I just annoyed people though.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2014, 09:39:07 pm »
human contact - catey shaw

ugh, i just can't stop listening to this song. it's so damn catchy and awesome. it's upbeat pop if anyone was curious~

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2014, 04:12:27 pm »
Oh man, you guys are hitting me with a nostalgia overload with all this Linkin Park, Within Temptation, Evanescence, and Nightwish. That was pretty much my jam in early high school, especially when I was playing online deathmatches in games like Unreal Tournament 2004 and Counterstrike.

That said, I am obligated to list my favorite song of each now. Well, Pere already linked my favorite Within Temptation, but I'll link it again just for completion sake's.

A Place for My Head - Linkin Park
Whisper - Evanescence
Dark Chest of Wonders - Nightwish
Stand My Ground - Within Temptation

As for what I've been listening to recently:

Diamond Music - Tim Neumark (Modern Classical)
Pre-Parade - Rie Kugimiya, Eri Kitamura, and Yui Horie (Catchy opening to one of my favorite animes)
Mortar - Aero Chord (Dubstep with an awesome drop)
Stupid MF - Mindless Self Indulgence (Uh, not really sure what to call MSI. Very explicit maybe? But catchy and hilarious.)

Edit// Also, this was on the front page of reddit today. Figured you guys would appreciate it as much as I did.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 05:50:41 pm by Pride »