News: 
Paragraphite

Legacy of the Force: A Star Wars Story [Closed] Read 3487 times

Bleu

• You lie so well...
    • View Profile
Legacy of the Force: A Star Wars Story [Closed]
« on: March 07, 2020, 09:38:39 pm »
It was official—young Colwyn had just turned thirteen, and he felt like he was on top of the world. Not only did he habitually outperform his peers in the initiate trials, he knew how to do things that even young padawans were still struggling with—and he wasn’t ashamed to let them know. And he certainly did so—often enough that there was hardly a person in the planet that could keep his presence for more than a few hours at a time. Their struggle, his swiftness in learning and adapting, and the looks he often drew to himself from his superiors were like nutrients that fed his very hungry need for attention.

If he had been a thorn at his teachers’ sides when he was only twelve, now that he was thirteen he was appropriately insufferable. The debate on whether it had even been worth it to admit such a talent was a conversation that came up multiple times during the week. Alas, his potential was more impressive than the quirk they sincerely hoped would fade over time.

That was all fine and dandy, but now Colwyn was a teenager! He was basically already an adult!

It was a bright morning in the Jedi Temple of Gatalenta when Colwyn found himself in the common area, twirling his saber with the force in one hand while the other rested casually on his hip. It wasn’t a busy morning, but the young initiate had no trouble finding a way to entertain himself.

“Could you stop?!” One of the two Younglings that towered over Colwyn spoke angrily—he was so disturbed that one could basically see smoke coming from his scarlet ears—his hands clenched into fists at his side.

“Seriously, why do you always do this?” The second Youngling was not quite as loud as the first, but his eyes carried the same—if not greater—anger.

Evidently, this was not the first time that there had been tension between the three.

Despite the fact that Colwyn was older than his two fellow initiates, he was short for his age. The two towered over him in an attempt at peaceful intimidation. Colwyn could only smile at this—his grin wide and inviting. It was almost mocking.

Why did they think they could intimidate him now? It hadn’t worked before, and it truly did little to trouble Colwyn even in the slightest.

“I was just doing you a favor,” he mused casually, waving a hand in the air as if his interference hadn’t mattered. “You were going to lose in three turns anyway, I was just speeding up the process. That way, you could stop playing that dumb game and do something productive with me instead.”

They tried to stifle and angered chortle, before one of them decided to speak up. “We don’t want to train with you.

“Yeah!” The other mirrored.

“Sure you do,” said Colwyn turning to the loud Youngling, unperturbed. “You need help with your balance—I can’t imagine that last embarrassing performance yesterday would make you want to practice your strategy, not when you’re falling so behind the rest of the initiates in keeping your footing!” Then he turned to the other, grin growing grander. “And you, your abysmal hand-eye coordination should warrant at least a few hours of additional practice, don’t you think? Don’t want to pegged that initiate in the class, now do you?”

“Colwyn, you’re such an—”

“Youngling Colwyn,” a firm voice resonated into the room, and the three younglings fell silent immediately. One of their Jedi teachers stood at the front of the room, looking directly at Colwyn, and she did not look impressed. She held their silence for a moment before turning to the other two. “Youngling Silos, Youngling Kang, please make yourselves useful elsewhere.

Colwyn had only just stopped twirling his saber in his hand, catching it into his hand, when the two Younglings had fled the room. Naturally, Colwyn was about to explain the entire situation, but he was cut off by his teacher.

“I don’t need to hear it,” she said, a hand raised to demand silence from Young Colwyn. Truthfully, she would have listened if it had been any other Youngling, but she knew Colwyn too well to expect anything else. “You are being summoned by the Jedi Council this morning. Follow me.”

Fully expecting the youngling to follow suit, the Jedi turned on her heel and walked out the door and into a grandhall. The walkways were long, with tall ceilings, walls made of glass, and many interconnected corridors that led to the various different areas of the temple.

“Summoned?” Colwyn had no problems speaking up, and he fell into a brisk walk alongside his Jedi teacher. Nose in the air, he felt somewhat indignant.His golden hair shone under the natural light, and his peachy skin seemed almost translucent. “I find it hard to believe that my sincere, complete, and expertly accurate honesty could have gotten me into trouble with the council. Surely there’s been a misunderstanding, and I fully expect a formal apology—”

The desperation that had been quietly brewing in the Jedi’s mind threatened to spill, and she sped up her pace. It did not deter young Colwyn from his monologue.

“Have you no need to stop and draw breath, Youngling Colwyn?” She interrupted him, a vein of frustration tarnishing her otherwise blemish free forehead. “Practice silence, if you’d please—meditation will do you well!”

It wasn’t long before they reached the door to the Council’s meeting chambers. The Jedi teacher waited at the door’s side, and motioned with her hand for the young initiate to walk in.

“In you go,” she pressed.

Colwyn gave her a hard stare, eyeing her from head to toes, arms crossed. She really did think she was high and mighty, didn’t she? After another minute of unspoken tension, his emerald eyes turned towards the entryway to the room. The council waited for him on the other side, and he would be ready for them.

Without even another glance to his Jedi teacher, he walked in. Everything would sort itself out—of that he was certain.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 12:24:32 am by Bleu »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • A Tempest Must Be Just That
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Force: A Star Wars Story [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 10:45:34 pm »
“Honestly, a padawan, now?” the lightly teasing voice came from a young woman as she walked alongside a man with black hair.

Their appearance could not have been any different, and yet throughout Gatalenta, they were known to be nearly inseparable, even when they had taken to different Master’s, they had kept in constant communication. The woman stood tall and languid, with platinum blonde hair, a side of pulled into a long, thin braid that was beaded with kyber and resembled a padawan’s braid. Her attire was far from the earthy tones the Jedi preferred, but a flowing robe of sunset hues. Her amber eyes always seemed sparked with mischief.

Her companion, of stockier build and black skin, though only a little shorter, had a look of long-suffering patience on his face that was likely to suit someone about to embark on this sort of adventure. His own eyes, light gray, never seemed flinty or cold, but warm – always warm – and far from being imposing, his dark blue robes promised warmth, rather than being overbearing or too bright. His hair was cropped short, no longer wearing the braid he’d been accustomed to only two years before.

“Are you so bored that you need a child to entertain you?”

“Kere, you know it isn’t that,” he answered, “I have been observing him for a while now. I think I can truly learn from him and bring him into his own. I think he can learn much from me, just as well,” he said, before adding with a chiding smile, “Given your own enthusiasm for teaching, you ought to consider it.”

“Oh please,” Kere shook her head, “the Council would never approve it, even if I wanted one. They still barely tolerate me.”

“Maybe if you followed the rules….”

“Maybe if they didn’t block off knowledge in the library….”

“Oh is that why you’re in trouble this time?”

“Yes,” she nodded, folding her arms over her chest, “There happened to be a Sith Holocron I wanted to see and they said it was only Masters who could see it, so….”

“So you broke into the library,” he finished with a sigh, “Kere….”

“Forbidding knowledge is what ruins us all, Adley.” Kere answered staunchly, before he could get into another lecture. He offered a wane smile, but wouldn’t add his own opinion or suggest another way to look at it in the moment. They had crossed into the Jedi Temple, though the large glass windows almost made it seem as if they’d never left the outside. The wood-and-glass structures always felt as natural, lacking only the breeze.

In those brief moments of silence, the topic shifted easily, “Are you certain of him?”

“I am,” Adley answered with a firm nod. “I do not know what I will learn, what he will learn, or how it will go, but I am certain of this.”

“Very well,” Kere sighed, “Then I support you, as always.”

On that, Adley knew, too, and he smiled, “I appreciate it, Kere. And I will encourage your challenging him, as you have always challenged me.”

The pair would enter the council room together, only a little before the youngling would himself arrive. The round room looked more like it belonged within a tree – and, in fact, was built within a tree, carved out of a large tree that had died and put to new use. The glass windows encircled and bend, giving the room a truly bowl-like quality. The floor was still the rings of that great tree, undecorated, and the tree’s limbs had become the chairs within the Council Room.

“Knight Kenobi, Counsellor Jinn…you were not invited,” a frown touched the lips of Master of Caelius, the Cerean Master.

“She isn’t harming anything, Master Tiin,” her former master, the Grand Master Billaba, a female togruta, interrupted. “You may observe, Jinn.”

Kere Jinn tipped her head respectfully towards the Grand Master, and stepped back along the wall, to listen as the High Council went over the new responsibility that Adley Kenobi was soon to be bringing upon himself – and making sure there was no doubt in his heart or mind in this matter.

There wasn’t.

And so, when Colwyn would enter the room, he would find Adley standing central in the room, many of the seats filled by members of the High Command, and Jinn in the shadows – obtrusive only due to her colorful attire and the way the sun glinted off the kyber woven into her hair.

“Youngling Colwyn,” Billaba greeted in a friendly tone. As one of the main instructors for the younglings now, she was familiar enough with him, even if she had only resumed that duty after Jinn had graduated into being a Counsellor, and so only three years ago. “Come forward, if you would please,” she extended a blue hand and curled the fingers forward to draw him to the center of the room, as well, her yellow eyes warm upon him. “Are you familiar with Knight Adley Kenobi, Colwyn?”

Adley observed the young man quietly, hands tucked into the voluminous sleeves of his robe as he did so.

Bleu

• You lie so well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 11:32:00 pm »
The door closed behind him as he walked in, the sound of his light footsteps echoing into the dome around him. Surprise trickled across Colwyn’s face at the amount of people that had gathered to this meeting. Surely this many people weren’t required for a disciplinary hearing, right? And Grand Master Billaba was even there! He wondered briefly what on earth they could all want with him, but decided best to keep his mouth shut for the moment.

That feeling, as always, would not last.

Colwyn masked his surprise and intrigue quickly, walking forward just as he had the previous times he’d been sent to the council. There was a Jedi with bright eyes and blue robes across from him, but it wasn’t he who addressed him.

Emerald eyes moved from the Jedi Knight to the Grand Master, the boy’s arms resting sternly at his sides. At her query, his gaze shifted back to the Knight, and then back to Master Billaba. So this was the Master Kenobi he had heard of during his initiate trials?

“Only with his name,” said Colwyn plainly, giving the audience a shrug. “I’m sure I also heard about his accomplishments at some point, but I couldn’t tell you what they were now, Grand Master. Is he going to be the one to lecture me? If this is about what happened with Silos and Kang, I was just saving them precious time—out of the generosity of my very heart! Really, they should be thanking me.”

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:25:56 pm by Bleu »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 11:39:01 pm »
Billaba’s gaze held some amusement as Colwyn seemed to think himself in trouble. It was a subtle look, one that most would not catch, but her own padawan knew it well. It had taken a while to learn it, for Billaba’s humor certainly caused no ripple in the Force.

Rather than answer the youngling’s query in a straightforward fashion, the Grand Master brought her hands into her lap, “Why, what occurred with Silos and Kang that would cause you to earn a lecture, Colwyn?”

He had damned himself in thinking something amiss, and Billaba would hardly let such a thing go.

The Knight would not interrupt her, either, but allow this to pass, as a moment through which he could learn a little more about the young one he was intending to take as his padawan. He certainly wanted to hope that whatever this mess with two other younglings was, his padawan did have good intentions, and nothing terrible.

Plenty had good intentions and misplaced actions. It was a part of growing up, after all. 

Bleu

• You lie so well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 12:00:25 am »
Colwyn’s eyes narrowed in suspicion at how this hearing was proceeding. This was definitely not what he had been expecting—he knew that with certainty now—but there wasn’t much he could do at this point, was there? The Grand Master was still inquiring after what had happened, and now he needed to respond appropriately.

“Oh just a misunderstanding, Grand Master, I promise,” he spoke with the comfort and confidence of someone twice his age. “You see, Silos and Kang were playing a game of Shah-tezh, and Silos was going to win the game in three turns, so I moved the game along,” he wiggled his fingers to imply that he had done it with the force, “so that they could finish earlier and we could go out and train!”

Colwyn crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. “They didn’t like that very much, so they started yelling. Grand Master, it really wasn’t that big of a deal.”

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:25:43 pm by Bleu »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 12:12:00 am »
Master Billaba let out a short hum as she heard the conclusion of Colwyn’s story, and his defense of his actions. She disagreed with it, of course, and it was clear that Colwyn knew she would disagree with it based on how defensive he was acting. Yet, no one had accused him of it. No one had even brought it up. “Yet this action weighs on your mind, Youngling,” she noted.

“A part of growing is to learn from errors. You deprived one of those individuals the opportunity to learn from errors by witnessing a loss,” she explained, that patience she’d mastered obvious in her voice, “You may be correct in that the game was soon to be over, but you nonetheless deprived one from realizing how they could improve by seeing it to a conclusion. Do you understand that?”

It was gentle, “There are some who learn better from experience. You must not hinder their growth in such a fashion.” It was still a bit of a lecture, though.

All the while, Kenobi remained silent, likely adding more questions as to why he was there, and why he had been mentioned earlier by the Grand Master. In fact, plenty of the High Council was silent through this conversation. 

Bleu

• You lie so well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 12:39:00 am »
Colwyn had not been called to a lecture, and he ended up getting one anyway. Why couldn’t he just learn to keep his mouth shut? It had always gotten him into trouble before, and he’d been told the same thing again and again. Still, it had always been hard for Colwyn to keep his opinions to himself—to bite his tongue and remain silent—especially if he felt passionately about something! He saw no point in waiting around when things could be expedited harmlessly.

At Billaba’s words, Colwyn felt his gaze drop to the floor in realization. Of course! It made sense that people could learn from their errors. Why hadn’t he considered it before? It was the very reason why his blood boiled every time he failed at something twice. Fewer things upset him more than that, and it bothered him to even think of it.

“You are right, Grand Master. I’m sorry—I understand what I did wrong.”

As much as he wanted to help Silos and Kang—and in his own way he did want that, even if he had a funny way of showing it—he would have helped them more if he’d been more patient.

‘Ugh, patience.’

Colwyn fought back the urge to roll his eyes, hating the thought of another one of his vices.

The young boy’s green eyes then shifted back to Knight Kenobi.

“So then why is Knight Kenobi…?”

Colwyn’s heart wanted to jump from his chest at the possibility, but he stopped himself from getting too excited. There had been plenty of times where he felt like he deserved to move to the next stage of his destiny, more so than those that had already left the school, and still it never seemed to go his way.

What if this was the same?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:26:07 pm by Bleu »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 12:53:00 am »
Colwyn did not talk back, or even justify his actions, as Billaba concluded her informative criticism. In fact, he seemed to realize almost immediately, and for that, Kenobi felt his heart swell. The youngling’s heart had been in the right place, for him to realize so quickly that he had acted in a way that could hinder growth. He saw now that, however well-meaning he was to get them on to other training, he had in fact messed up training they were undergoing already.

Billaba leaned back, giving a silent nod of acceptance, of understanding, as Colwyn saw things. “I will not ask you to apologize to them, but I would like you to speak with them and pass on the lesson I have given, so they may learn that you have learned.” If he chose to also apologize, then that would be more sincere than one forced, or directed.

He came around to the matter of Kenobi.

And as his heart seemed to swell, Jinn covered her lips as a titter of laughter escaped. Master Tiin gave her a harsh look for it, but said nothing as the Counsellor collected herself, though the wry grin didn’t quite leave her face.

Billaba spoke on as if there had been on interruption, “Knight Kenobi has recognized you through the initiate trials, and through your behavior here at the Temple. He has requested that you become his padawan, Colwyn.” The Grand Master explained. “There is no trial period to this,” she reminded gently, “So you may have a day to consider it if you like, to be certain that Master Kenobi will provide you with the growth and direction to advance yourself with us, as well as to consider what patron you wish to take.”

Adley nodded, “I have had time to consider you from afar, I will understand if you wish to take this into further consideration, Colwyn,” he finally spoke. 

Bleu

• You lie so well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 01:43:26 am »
The words came, and Colwyn could still scarcely believe them. Was this finally happening, or was this another hyper-realistic dream of his? Knight Kenobi wanted him to be his padawan, and he’d been observing him for a while! Why, this day was getting to be so much grander than he thought it would be! It was so exciting that the young soon-to-be padawan couldn’t quite keep it from spilling out.

Oh, just the thought of what this meant made him want to jump! All the places he would see, all the things he would learn! Of course, he would wait until he was in his chambers to truly let his excitement ripple out of him, but he was immediately eager.

Colwyn’s hands closed into fists at his sides, and he gave both Knight Kenobi and Grand Master Billaba a firm nod. He tried to keep his smile from growing too wide as did, but he wasn’t sure that he’d been successful at it.

“I will speak to Silos and Kang at once, Grand Master, thank you.” In his excitement he couldn’t help but shift his gaze from Knight Kenobi to Billaba multiple times. “I do not need a day to think about it—I am certain that this is the right path for me, Grand Master—Knight Kenobi.”

Just when he thought he had his excitement under control, Colwyn thought of how amazing it would be to be learning directly under a Jedi Knight, and he felt the emotion get the best of him. From his body a massive force pulse emanated from him, like an explosion of sheer energy. Its thunder rippled throughout the dome. As soon as it left him, however, Colwyn was quick to reign it back in, damaging nothing except the floor beneath him.

Embarrassed and scarlet-faced, Colwyn craned at the waist in a bow before snapping back upright immediately. “I’m so sorry! I assure you this doesn’t happen to me often!” Then, alternating his attention between Kenobi and Billaba, he added, “What does this mean—what should I do now?”
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:26:18 pm by Bleu »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2020, 02:06:52 am »
The excitement that Colwyn felt was more intense than any of them had expected, although of them only Jinn seemed unsurprised as the boy lost control for a moment. She had lifted her hand, but there was no need for her to work with the Force at all – Colwyn reeled it back in, and Jinn ‘tsk’ed. “Repairing that floor is going to be expensive,” she noted.

Billaba gave her a patient look. They both knew it wouldn’t be. It would be healed, for it was alive, in a sense.

Jinn said no more, of course – her attempt was only to fluster the padawan a little more as he agreed so readily to be taken in by a young knight. One would have thought Billaba herself had asked!

Billaba did reiterate, “You will still have a day to consider your patron, Padawan,” she addressed him. All Jedi took patrons, from Jedi of the past, to center themselves to a history and a legacy, to an ideal to follow.

Their own names – their personal names – could later be used by future Jedi.

“Knight Kenobi will assist you in moving your things into the padawan barracks, where you will have your own quarters,” no more need to share space, as he would begin more projects independently or with Kenobi from now on. “And you will have time to get to know each other before a mission is undertaken tomorrow.” 

Bleu

• You lie so well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2020, 02:56:58 am »
Expensive? Of course he would wreck something valuable the day he got to be a padawan to a Jedi Knight! Despite that, he knew that he could rise above it. He’d work hard to make sure that the only thing they remembered about that day was the historic moment that Colwyn and Kenobi joined forces. He certainly had the talent for it, after all. He just needed to prove it.

Colwyn nodded again, still recovering from his embarrassing lack of self-control. “Yes, Grand Master. I will think on it well, thank you!”

A flurry of names came to his mind immediately—Windu, Skywalker, many more! This wasn’t a decision that he could make on a whim, and he’d be sure to talk it over with his new master Kenobi. He couldn’t wait to see first hand the knowledge that a Jedi Knight like Kenobi carried with him.

The realization that he would have his own quarters came later, but it was largely overshadowed by the fact that he would go on a mission as early as the next day. This is exactly what he was waiting for, a chance to prove his talents in a way that was real.

“Master Kenobi,” Colwyn turned to his new master, and craned again into a bow. “Thank you for your consideration! I will not let you down!”
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:26:28 pm by Bleu »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2020, 03:12:47 am »
Although Kenobi was pleased with the enthusiasm, and even the excitement, his own reactions were muted in comparison. A small smile touched his lips, but it was genuine, touching his silver eyes as the young padawan insisted on how he would be a good choice. “I have full faith in you, Colwyn,” he agreed readily enough.

He wondered if he’d been so eager when he was chosen. He could remember the nerves, clear as day, but he had taken the time to think on it even then, overly concerned about a mistake being made. Overly cautious, Jinn had told him.

“Then you two are dismissed,” the Grand Master said, and Jinn peeled herself from the wall as she continued, “I shall see you two, and Counsellor Jinn, in the morning,” Kenobi and Jinn were already aware of the mission for the next day.

Not an easy one, necessarily, but not one that Billaba thought would become anything detrimental or dangerous to the padawan.

“Thank you, Grand Master,” Adley inclined his head to Billaba, and turned to his padawan. “You’ll have to show me the way to your quarters so we can begin clearing it out,” he indicated, gesturing the young one ahead. “Kere, are you going to help?”

“I’ve nothing better to do,” she agreed readily enough, “And I’m going to have to get used to your padawan sooner than later. Might as well figure out what problems we’re going to have tomorrow.” 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 03:59:54 am by Krystal Itzume »

Bleu

• You lie so well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2020, 03:50:07 am »
Just like that, they were dismissed. It was crazy to think how different his morning had gone than what he was expecting. He was a youngling not fight minutes ago, and now he was a padawan. He deserved the world, and he was finally being given it.

‘It’s about time,’ he thought to himself.

“This way,” he led the way out of the council meeting room with a brisk pace, “the living area where I’m stationed is not far from here. The glass walls make it easy to spot all the different areas of the temple, and you can see all of the greenery, too. You see that building over there, that’s the one. I’ll show you, Master Kenobi.” As he walked, he noticed that the one named Counsellor Jinn was walking with them.

“And who are you? Counsellor Jinn, the Grand Master said, right? I may have heard Master Kenobi’s name before, but I know I’ve never heard yours.”

Colwyn turned to the other Jedi and scanned her with curious eyes. He didn’t think he’d seen her before, either.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:26:41 pm by Bleu »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2020, 03:59:18 am »
Adley would follow, walking close, but allowing Colwyn to lead and wondering at what Jedi he admired. What name he might take. It so often said much about them.

Jinn, for example.

Who smiled at the seemingly innocent question, “Grand Master Ashla’s former padawan,” she offered, the warmth and familiarity with which she spoke the Grand Master’s personal name quite genuine.

No matter how much trouble she got into, she held great admiration for her former master. It was a point of pride, even if such things shouldn’t matter among Jedi, “Though I think I’ve earned my place for being capable of calming krayt dragons, as well as my manipulation of sand, if you want things people would have spoken of besides that. Any Jedi can lift a boulder – not many can lift and manipulate thousands of bits of sand at once, and hold the focus to manipulate them each individually.” Sand, water, tiny particles – she had excelled at breaking things down smaller and smaller.

“Resident pain in the side of the Council,” Adley decided to add, “if you’ve been hearing increased arguments about what the dark side is, it’s thanks to her.” He gave her a rueful look, “I do hope you’ll behave yourself.”

“By that do you mean don’t teach him—”

“Yes.” Adley hissed before she finished with whatever thing she might suggest. “You have gotten enough trouble for a good, long while, I believe.” Then, with a sigh, he spoke to Colwyn, “She’s currently on probation and so any mission she has, I have to go on, and vice-versa, for a little while, at least.”

Bleu

• You lie so well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2020, 05:03:22 am »
Colwyn listened intently as Jinn spoke, for the moment perplexed that she had not decided to become a Knight with such a prominence for control of the force. Controlling every spec of sand? That sounded extremely cool! Despite how impressive he thought it to be, the young padawan did not let such a compliment cross his face in any way.

“I bet I could do it,” he added instead as he walked, giving Jinn a knowing look and a slight grin. “I know you might not believe me because of the little spill I had back in the grand council room, but you should see me when I have not been given the surprise of my life. Me and the force, we’re like this,” he pressed his index finger to his thumb. “We’re basically glued together, that’s how tight we are.”

Colwyn turned to look at Master Kenobi. “So you mean we will go on our adventures together, with her? I suppose that’s alright—I might learn things from the both of you, if that’s the case. Although, Master Kenobi, I’m sure you’re wary of having me learn from someone who is on probation.”

Into the common area they went, and Colwyn gave his peers a show of a lifetime. He walked with confidence and grace, nose in the air with how proud of himself he was. Every step was a show of power and now superiority. Without a word to the initiates, he kept walking across the room with purpose. Seemingly unbeknownst to him (or perhaps it was because he simply didn’t care), his ex-colleagues were actually trying their best not to burst into wild laughter at his parade.

After a quick scan of the room before they left, Colwyn was a little thankful that Silos and Kang were nowhere to be found. He would have preferred to speak to them privately after his debacle earlier in the morning—that way he could apologize properly.

Eventually Colwyn led the trio into the sleeping quarters. His bedding was laid out against one of the many walls. The entire area was clean, but the section that he had invisibly marked as his own was almost absurdly clean. Everything looked like it had been measured and organized to absolute perfection. His trunk was open, and it consisted mostly of jewelry and a few spare robes. If there was a single spec of dust, it’d be hard to spot.

“This is all I have,” he motioned with both his hands ceremoniously. “Do you know where I’ll be living now?”
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:27:11 pm by Bleu »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2020, 05:13:28 am »
‘Oh no.’

Adley didn’t say it, but he knew as soon as his foolish young padawan said he could do the sand trick, they were doomed. It didn’t help that he went on to insinuate that the current standing of Kere was negative – which it was – but he hardly knew why. He hardly knew much at all about Kere, which would not play to his advantage.

Hopefully, he would remain a quick learner.

Adley had already given her the go-ahead to challenge his padawan.

“I hope you have an open enough mind to take lessons from all that you meet, Colwyn,” was how Adley responded, diplomatically, to the statement, “whether those lessons simply be not to follow in their footsteps.” Or when to keep his mouth closed.

The way that Colwyn walked radiated with confidence, which was good, but that stubborn superiority was not so much. This, however, Adley had expected. Colwyn was powerful, and talented, for his age. He’d been walking around like that, and owning every room he went into, for a while now.

He hardly knew the animosity he was inspiring. It was not the Jedi way.

But he would learn.

Soon.

They came to the quarters that Colwyn shared, and he pretended not to notice the rainbow-colored sand vial that was lifted from a pocket, as Colwyn began to pack his things. Nor did he acknowledge as it floated over to the area where he was packing.

It wasn’t hard. He was rather interested in the jewelry, and intended to ask of it later.

“You’re almost done packing,” Kere said agreeably, before all the rainbow sand fell from the hovering vial, and scattered spectacularly around the room – not, in fact, just Colwyn’s side. “If you can gather up all of that on your own, I’ll even let you keep it. You would be surprised at how useful sand is.”

"Honestly...it has come in handy more than once." Kenobi was trying not to laugh.

Here was lesson two of the day for Colwyn.

Bleu

• You lie so well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2020, 05:47:24 am »
Colwyn had only just finished packing when he felt the sand fall all around him. It went everywhere—all around the room, into his trunk, and all over his jewelry. For a moment, Colwyn stood frozen in his place.

It wasn’t that he was angry that Jinn had chosen to challenge his bold remarks so quickly, but that the mess the sand had created was such that it threatened to paralyze him. This was the exact kind of mess that caused him to panic, and the reason why he was an obsessively clean person. There was something in him that he couldn’t quite control yet, and it was linked so heavily to disorganization.

He was literally living his worst nightmare, and it showed on his pale and panicked expression.

“I—I… err…,” he stammered taking a few steps back to try and jolt himself out of his panic-induced phobia. “I can do this,” he spoke mostly to himself, closing his eyes briefly before reassessing his nonexistent plan.

Master Kenobi and Counsellor Jinn were looking at him, and he needed to do the task that was asked of him. There was no time to freak out about it. He needed to show them—to show him—that he had not made a mistake in picking him.

“Okay,” he said again, pushing his arms forward. Colwyn tried to encourage himself by remembering that he could lift much heavier items than the other initiates, heavier than even some seasoned Padawans.

He knew where the vial was—he could do this!

The force moved through his hands, but it wasn’t working quite how he had expected. The sand was moving away from his grasp in a way he didn’t recognize. The sensation was reminiscent of reverse magnetism, with items being pushed away instead of being pulled in.

Colwyn quickly switched gears, trying to adopt the idea of a force net, instead of a magnet. The concentration he needed was unbelievable—he had to close his eyes just to feel it clearly flowing from his hands. A large majority of the sand below him began to rise around him, but when he tried to manipulate the direction in which to move it, it fell back to the floor in a splash.

“Ah—!” His disappointment manifested in an angry whispered growl.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:27:26 pm by Bleu »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2020, 02:07:52 am »
The rush of panic that stole over Colwyn was unexpected, but it did not inspire mercy from Master Jinn. She simply waited for him to gather his wits, and Kenobi did little to interrupt or to pressure Colwyn either way. The young padawan didn’t take long to regroup, and to try to start finding each individual grain around him, as well as lift it.

It was an admirable effort – his focus, his talent, was clear, but this was a skill that Master Kenobi could not pull off.

It was thus no surprise to him, or to Master Jinn, when he faltered when presented with such a daunting task.

Jinn lifted her arm and effortlessly, the sand gathered, as if drawn up by a magnet. In front of Colwyn’s eyes, it organized itself by color, and poured back into the vial, layers of colors sorted evenly. “Careful of your boasting, young padawan,” Kere said in a mock-serious tone, “you are no longer among peers who cannot grasp where you are at, but among Jedi. If you claim you can do something – you must.”

Kenobi sighed, added, “There’s no shame in admitting where you need help. Some situations are life and death, and you need to be prepared. It’s my job to prepare you,” he smiled, albeit it was a bit wane. “We don’t expect you to be capable of everything – and I assure you, Jinn is more likely to call you on it than I am.”

Kenobi would simply try to find a way to weave it into a lesson that was not so…direct. 

“If you have everything, let me show you to your new quarters.” Adley said, gesturing out in hopes of leaving this faux pas behind.

Bleu

• You lie so well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2020, 03:06:57 am »
Just as quickly as the panic came, when the sand scattered messily across the room, did it fade when the it refilled the vial before his very eyes. Their green intensity followed the colors as they moved through the air, and Colwyn felt a pang of anger in his chest. It was an enviable talent to be able to do such a feat, and he was upset that his attempts had been so poorly planned.

Maybe if he’d created a small cyclone? He might have been able to lift the sand from the floor without actually using the force on the many grains. He would just need to adjust the strength of the gust to make sure only the sand was pulled in. Still—that’s not what Counsellor Jinn had done. No, she had control of every single grain, and she moved them with such grace! He wouldn’t have believed it if he hadn’t already seen it with his own eyes.

Colwyn turned to look at Counsellor Jinn, and although the anger caused by his failure was obviously etched into his scowl, he gave her a firm nod.

These two Jedi weren’t like the teachers he faced every day, were they?

“It was harder than I anticipated, Counsellor Jinn,” he confessed, and the anger in his voice seemed to lessen after every word. “I am not used to failing so publicly,” the next was to Kenobi, “I apologize, Master.”

By the time he went on to confirm that the trunk indeed carried his only possessions, there wasn’t a trickle of resentment in his voice. He twirled his saber in his hand a few times before bidding the place farewell.

Colwyn followed Master Kenobi out, feeling no need to look behind to where he’d just been. Throughout his life Colwyn has always adapted very quickly, and he didn’t let what had happened in the past linger with him as he moved forward. He retained knowledge, memories, and left everything else behind.

“Master Kenobi,” Colwyn said as he walked besides him, only about a half step behind. “Why did you pick Kenobi as your patron?”
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:28:22 pm by Bleu »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2020, 02:19:04 am »
Anger was not the Jedi way – but Kere was glad to see it on Colwyn’s face anyways, and to feel it through the Force. The Jedi too often forgot they were, in fact, emoting, living, beings. That it hadn’t been taught out of Colwyn yet was some small relief. There might yet be hope for the future of the Jedi, something beyond their current, tepid state.

The vial floated back to her hand as Colwyn spoke, and she gave a small, begrudging smile, “You will fail publicly many more times, now that you are a padawan, and among those who don’t understand the Force to begin with. I suggest learning how to improvise, or admit failure with grace. Whichever suits,” she tucked the vial back into her pocket, and followed as they left the room.

Adley wouldn’t comment to that mention of failure, though he certainly recalled that first year as a padawan with trepidation and anxiety. His own master had been terribly strict and no-nonsense. It instilled in him a certain level of discipline he may have otherwise failed to grasp, but it also made him second-guess his every move for a while.

He didn’t want to do that to Colwyn.

“Obi-Wan Kenobi always symbolized to me what a Jedi ought to be,” Adley answered carefully. Obviously, that was true of anyone who chose their patron. Jinn symbolized, to Kere, what a Jedi should be. “He wasn’t the most powerful, he wasn’t even the smartest, or an inventor of anything, but he was steadfast. He lost his own Master before he became a knight, he took on an apprentice right after ascending, and that padawan betrayed him. He fought Sith Lords. He protected loved ones – and he loved without possession.”

A rarity, not just among Jedi, but people.

“He gave his life wholly to protecting the galaxy, and he never once turned from the Light, even after he lost the Jedi Council.” He cast his eyes down to the stone walkway as they passed outside, “To me, that’s more important than power in the Force, lightsaber skills, philosophical thought, or anything else. He was steadfast and true, and he restored the Jedi Order when it was nearly gone, through teaching Luke Skywalker.”

Bleu

• You lie so well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2020, 09:51:37 pm »
At Counsellor Jinn’s words, Colwyn could only frown. Did this mean that he was going to be tested to a level that his experience couldn’t feasibly reach? Was this because he was now a Padawan, and thus held to a higher standard? As a Youngling Colwyn had never truly felt tested—not in the way that was impossible it made the future frightening. The mere thought of failing in front of his superiors made him nauseous, and he dramatically clutched at his stomach as if there was nothing worse in the entire galaxy!

The young Padawan moved quickly from his dramatic gesture, and in turn focused on his new master. Master Kenobi’s response to his query was enough for Colwyn to try and focus on something else, something that didn’t quite make him want to pull at his hair in desperation. He listened intently, making special note as to see why Adley had made his decision. What did he admire? What did he want to live up to?

“Such devotion to the light is certainly admirable,” Colwyn agreed with an over-the-top nod. “But there is something about carrying on the legacy of the Jedi, even after the Order had fallen, that seems particularly heroic, don’t you think? To see past your own needs, and look to what the future needs from you? What do we make of all those would-be Jedi that fought the good fight and weren’t able to be knighted because of the Order’s absence?”

Though rhetorical, Colwyn couldn’t help but ponder his own question. He had made his decision long ago, but he wondered whether his motivations aligned with those of Master Kenobi, and whether they each valued the same characteristics. Would Master Kenobi be proud of his decision?

After walking alongside the two, Colwyn’s mind still snapped back to that which continued to bother him. He could never leave those problems behind, could he?

“Many more times?” He suddenly turned to Counsellor Jinn, repeating her words indignantly. “Why if only admitting failure, however gracefully, were enough to avoid the shame that it tasks me with. I have always been good at improvising on the spot—truly, you should have seen me the other day when the masters set up an obstacle course for us, I was great—but to know that it will not always help me succeed, well that’s just disheartening isn’t it?”

Did it count as boasting when it was true?

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2020, 06:57:12 pm »
Jinn could only laugh as the young padawan clutched at his stomach. Oh, if only he knew – but no one prepared padawans for the simple truth that learning how to fail was all a part of their training. Failure was inevitable, even if everything was done right. It was all in how one recovered from it.

That was the most important lesson that she had learned.

It wasn’t Adley’s lesson. No, they all came away with different ones, based so much on their Master, and who they chose as a patron, and Adley smiled as they walked on, and his own choice was assessed by his padawan. He arched a brow at the question of the Jedi who were never knighted, but shook his head, “Do you mean Luke Skywalker? Or Rey Skywalker?” Those were the only ones that came to mind for him.

Those were the ones who fought hard to restart the Order.

“Luke was knighted,” Kere reminded.

“Right,” Adley chuckled.

Others, well, he didn’t know of others who tried to restart the Order. Kenobi had contributed to it by training Luke, much like Yoda, but no one else truly had. “The Skywalkers, sans Anakin, did a wonderful job – they are why we’re here now, and even why we have the tradition of taking on patrons as we do.” It was Rey who started it, and the others went on to continue it.

They both took note of Colwyn’s overdramatic talk of obstacle courses, and Kere laughed outright, “Padawan, you will soon learn that life doesn’t have rules. You can do everything right. You can do everything sensible. And you will still fail. If shame is your greatest fear, then you are thinking incorrectly.”

“Kere….” Adley cautioned.

“His priority shouldn’t be avoidance of personal shame. That’s not very compassionate. Imagine if he had to choose between admitting a wrong or saving face, Adley. Imagine how that could spiral into a worse situation. You’ve seen it.”

He sighed.

He had. Plenty of times. Usually not from Jedi, but from outsiders afraid of the consequences and damage to reputations.

Bleu

• You lie so well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2020, 09:07:15 pm »
Emerald eyes turned to Jinn again. Was she going to fight him every step of the way? The challenge was actually a welcomed surprise. So far, it was endlessly more satisfying conversing with experienced Jedi, much more so than with the companions he had as a youngling.

“So you think I would choose saving my reputation over admitting my mistake? See, I have no problem admitting when I am wrong,” countered Colwyn confidently. “After all, learning when I am wrong only makes me see where and how I can be better. That doesn’t make me not want to fail though—why would I want that for myself? If I had a choice between learning about something that would prevent me from failing, instead of learning from that same lesson from the failure after, wouldn’t that be preferable?”

Colwyn’s tone was light, as if the statement had been something he had considered many times before—and it was. Colwyn hated embarrassing himself, especially in front of his superiors. That was something born into him that he didn’t think he could change, even if he could attempt to mask it. Masking it, however, felt too similar to lying, and he refused to do it altogether. So what if Colwyn was angry when he failed? He wanted to strive for perfection, and always perform above what was expected from him. Sure, he’d be moody after a failure (and honestly, who wouldn’t?), but he wasn’t an angry person.

As the trio continued to walk, Colwyn seemed to forget where they were going. It wasn’t as important to him as the conversation that had developed between them. After Jinn, he eyed Adley curiously, needing no more time to gather his retort.

“Regarding your question, Master Kenobi—I mean everybody,” said Colwyn pointedly, “the padawans, younglings, and force-sensitives that survived Order 66 after the clone wars, and especially those that we don’t talk about here in the academy. I am sure there are multitudes of names that we don’t learn in our history lessons because the Jedi order had collapsed. Despite that, I feel their legacy in the air that I breathe. I sense it in the brown and green of the trees, and I see it in the steps we take. Sure, it was Rey who had an obvious hand in rebuilding the Order we’re all a part of now, but there were voices that guided her along the way, weren’t there?”

In his dreams, Colwyn had heard them. Faint whispers, even if not always discernable, that paved the way to a peaceful future. They showed him how to feel the force around him, how to channel it, and when to sate his curiosity. Were these voices even real, or just fictional memories that he had conjured while he slept? They certainly felt real, and Colwyn wanted nothing more than believe them to be genuine. 

“I don’t know,” he sighed, resting his closed fists against his hips as he walked—eyes closed and nose sky-high. “I know I shouldn’t try to change how things are done around here, but sometimes I can’t help but feel that we aren’t understanding the whole history of our Order. How do you cope with it, Master Kenobi? Whenever you see something you don’t understand, or you can’t quite agree with?”

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2020, 05:49:03 pm »
Kere Jinn wondered how many people Colwyn had talked into exasperation and worked around the point. ‘I never said that learning from observation wasn’t better.’ No, what she accused him of was far worse, and she did, in fact, still believe that he may go out of his way to either prove he never failed, or to hide his failure until he found a way to ‘fix’ it.

Time would tell if her suspicions were correct, but for the moment, she gave him an enigmatic smile and feigned being bought in by his supposedly clever work-around – though she gave no words, nor even a nod, to signify it.

She let him stray to the other topic, and enjoyed the look of confusion on Adley’s face.

“While those who survived may have done much good – I certainly cannot fault Caleb Dune – none of them attempted to restore the Jedi. I thought that was what you were asking about?” Had he misheard his padawan when he spoke of those others who tried to restore the Jedi? “Master Yoda and Master Kenobi may be accused of such, through the protection and upbringing of Luke Skywalker, but the others did not go about that task. There were others they were called to, as we know Kanan Jarrus and Cal Kestis went about aiding others in the fight against the Empire. Their legacy is notable and honorable – but not the same as the Skywalkers.”

They fought in turbulent times. They aided the weak. They did what a Jedi should do, and perhaps through defending others, they helped to make sure the Skywalkers could rise – but they did not start a new Jedi Order.

“No one truly works alone, and their legacies, along with the texts, may have informed Rey’s decisions – we only have her recordings and her own words to know for certain.”

He did chuckle a bit at his padawan’s posturing, as they moved under shaded trees, towards the more proper barracks for the Jedi themselves. “For that inquiry, I am afraid I cannot help you – I have not found issue with the teachings to such a degree. That is more Counsellor Jinn’s area, and she attempts to change the way things are every day,” he gave a long-suffering sigh. “I am content with things as they are.”

He was untroubled by much. He saw no reason to be troubled. He had chosen this path, and would continue on it. “What, in particular, troubles you now, that you would even ask that?”

Bleu

• You lie so well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2020, 07:13:48 pm »
The sight of the Jedi barracks did not dissuade the young Padawan from continuing his verbal journey.

“That is what I was asking about,” confirmed the Padawan coolly, unperturbed by just how quickly his mind moved from one question to another—often times without consideration of the other end of the conversation. In his young and naive mind, it only mattered that he understood what he was saying. “But don’t you think that by means of their involvement, even if they didn’t have a direct hand in rebuilding the order, that they didn’t exert influence in the actions of those that did? It is precisely of Jarrus that I speak—he wasn’t knighted was he? That fact alone absolves him from candidacy?”

A deep sigh escaped Colwyn as they walked.

“Cal Kestis was another like Jarrus, except that he was knighted by Cere Junda while they tried to restore the Jedi Order. Speaking of those two, weren’t they just great? They had the tenacity and the discipline to seek out that holocron of young force-sensitives, and when they had it within their grasp, they chose to destroy it because they didn’t believe they had the strength to see it through.” In his excitement, he had begun walking on his tip-toes. “See, that is why I admire Kestis and Junda so much. They had complete faith in the force, more so than they did in themselves! But shouldn’t Jarrus be eligible to be a patron to me just as well? What would happen if tomorrow I ask the Grand Master Billaba to take in Jarrus’ name?”

The thought of it gave young Colwyn pause. Would they laugh at him?

That is my worry,” he confirmed to Adley with a weak smile. “That I may want to pick someone’s name—and that person might not be eligible in the eyes of the Jedi council. I know it really isn’t an issue, but it is a very important decision for me. It is the name that I will carry with me when I become a Jedi, and when I leave my very own legacy. I want to be remembered as someone who fought for continued peace, and I want my name to mean something.”

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2020, 05:31:19 pm »
Kere chuckled at the logic that the young padawan applied, as a tired smile touched Adley’s lips. “By the logic you’re using, Sheev Palpatine had a hand in the restoration of the Jedi, young Colwyn,” Kere noted, “Through the influence he exerted.” It was teasing. “It was never the intent of Cal or the others to restore the Order, so they are not remembered for such. If you admire what they did, for what it was, then take their name – we acknowledge that every Jedi had a hand in how the Order got to where it’s at, and we acknowledge others, such as Leia Organa, having a role, and while they’re worthy of honor, that doesn’t mean they’re Jedi.”

Kenobi noted, “She would have been Tano if she had her way,” with a slight smirk, “so, the long story short is, no, you would not be allowed to take the name Jarrus, nor Dune, his actual Jedi name, simply because he happened to be a Force user on the right side of the conflict.” The smirk faded, as they came into the barracks main square, and Kenobi made a turn to the left, past the main Jedi barracks, and down to an area that was known for hosting the padawans, kept close to their masters, but not quite sharing in the same space.

“There have been many Jedi who have stood for peace, and all that you consider. Jarrus and Tano, among others, may be off limits to you for a name, but Kestis is not, nor plenty of others. If you admire Kestis for his ability to hold true to the will of the Force, then no one would deny you that name, or even Junda, if you prefer her perseverance in the face of the Empire, and her own willingness to trust Kestis.”

The padawan barracks were often quieter than most areas, as most padawans didn’t spend much time there, off with masters or otherwise occupied with a task. It was thus so that day, as they approached the rows of rooms, and the shared buildings which were domed, compared to the rooms themselves, which had flat roofs.

Bleu

• You lie so well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2020, 06:27:54 pm »
“Ahsoka Tano would have been a great one,” the Padawan agreed wholeheartedly. Ahsoka was another one that he wished he could choose as his patron.

If Colwyn was even slightly bothered by Kere’s constant rebuttals, he didn’t let it show. If he were honest with himself, it actually felt better to be challenged than it did to be ignored. Most of the younglings that he had left behind, and even some of the teachers, had gotten so used to his endless monologues that they hardly engaged him in conversation anymore. He told himself that he didn’t care, and always went on his merry way. 

“All I mean is that some of them could have been Jedi, if the Order hadn’t fallen,” he insisted with a dismissive shrug. “As for me, I want to take Junda’s name tomorrow—though Kestis has always been a second choice for me. There are so many great Jedi throughout history, it was hard to narrow down the list! This has been something I’ve given a lot of thought of, however, so my mind has been made up for some time now.”

As they walked through the barracks main square, Colwyn’s emerald eyes seemed to scan every nook and corner. It was fascinating to finally be taking steps towards his future, and it had never looked so bright. Though distracted, his steps were still filled with purpose, and his eyes with unbridled hope.

“I’ve always wondered what it would feel like to walk through here as a Padawan,” he mused as they turned into the area designated for Padawans. It was quiet, but in a way that was calming and serene. Colwyn would finally get the privacy to meditate without prying eyes, to train without the constant supervision of his superiors. He could make more of his jewelry, without having to explain everything to the younglings!

When the trio came to a stop, it was Colwyn who broke the silence. “Is this one it?” He pointed to the door closest to him, but then his gaze shifted to the door adjacent to it. “Or can I pick any of these?” The green of his robes danced as he turned, shifting his gaze between Adley and Kere.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2020, 09:45:53 pm »
Junda.

Adley couldn’t help but pass a look to Kere, given the similarity of her name, to Junda’s first. Kere just rolled her eyes, but smiled, and Adley returned it, before focusing in on his padawan’s chatter. The young one certainly seemed inclined to talk a lot, which Adley had somewhat expected – but a part of him wondered if he was getting in over his head already.

He had a feeling every master of a padawan would tell him that he was.

As they reached the area where Colwyn’s room was, Adley shook his head at the query, and used the Force to open the door of one room. It was fairly barren, save the bare necessities, of course. Most rarely looked like much beyond that. The same was true of many of the quarters of the actual Jedi.

“This will be your space,” Adley told him, noting the excitement in the way the young one’s robes flared, but not commenting on it.

“So how does it feel to walk through this area as a padawan?” Kere asked, recalling his earlier, wondering statement as they moved through the barracks. “Everything you ever dreamed of?”

Bleu

• You lie so well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2020, 11:18:35 pm »
As the door opened, Colwyn turned back around and sauntered into the room without a care in the world.

“Oh wow,” he muttered out as he paced. His eyes scanned it all over, multiple times, and regardless of (or perhaps because of) the simplicity of the room and objects he found therein, his happiness was palpable, evidenced by the smile that was etched across his freckled face. The glint in the green of his eyes had a spark in it, and it made him look his age, despite how hard he might have tried to seem older.

The young padawan used the Force to smoothly pull his belongings into the room, half-turning to see just how he would make his meditating work. The lack of possessions in his quarters made the possibilities endless, and it was absolutely thrilling.

Colwyn’s immediate planning was interrupted by Kere’s queries, and he beamed. “It feels immensely satisfying,” his tone suggested that even he was finding it hard to believe, like it was too good to be true. “To be under the direct tutelage of a Jedi Knight, and learn first-hand about the importance and meaning of being a true peacekeeper? There’s nothing better than that, I imagine. I can finally hone my skills, truly focus on the path I want to take, and practice what I want to do! It feels more real than I could have ever anticipated.”

Then his hands motioned to the room, as if showing it off. “And take a look at this room! It’s perfect, isn’t it?” Hands moved to his hips, taking another turn about the room. “There is literally no useless junk in here—no clutter and no distractions—and there is plenty of private space for me to do my meditating! I can do my stretches, practice my flips and my spins, train—whenever I want!”

Colwyn breathed out, exasperated by his good fortune.   

“Colwyn Junda, Jedi Knight. It all starts here.”

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2020, 02:58:42 am »
Colwyn’s thrill with his room was obvious in his wide smile, and the glint in his eyes. As his items began to fly into his room, Jinn and Kenobi shared a look of mild amusement. Of nostalgia. Neither were too many years separated from Colwyn’s position. They both recalled their own moments of getting their own space quite well.

Their eyes returned to Colwyn, as he began to answer Kere’s query.

She laughed as he spoke of the room and no useless junk, of all the space. “Oh, wait until you move up into Jedi quarters,” Kere said, “the rooms are even more spacious. So much more room, for nothing!” She laughed, and Adley sighed, but there was a familiar, warm smile on his lips, in spite of it.

“Unless it’s your room, of course,” which was cluttered by his definition, and most Jedi’s. “Well, Padawan Junda,” he began, “tomorrow you will formally claim that name, and then we will have our first mission.”

“You should get situated,” Kere advised, “Then we can go get something to eat, and brief you on tomorrow’s schedule.” She offered, thinking the excitement of details on that upcoming mission would push him to get ready with some haste.

Not that he had much to prepare.