News: 
Paragraphite

let's get to know each other! Read 8872 times

paris

• i might leave in a bodybag, but never in cuffs.
    • View Profile
let's get to know each other!
« on: September 18, 2013, 03:52:05 pm »
yo, buddypals! i don't know many people here yet, and a fun way to tell a little bit about yourself is to answer a bunch of lame questions. so i figured i'd start a little survey out for people to answer so we can get to know each other a bit better on our way to paraglory. format however you like! if you have any questions to add, feel free  :bluecat:

about the artist:

nicknames/preferred names:
zodiac sign (for fun!):
always early, always on time, or better late than never?:
a few words that best describe you:
tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly:

favorites:

colors:
movies:
music:
shows:
things to read (books, comics, manga):
foods:
drinks:
games (video, board, etc):
places to sleep:
places to draw/write/sing/art:
places to take a walk:
places to shop (store, website, etc):
things to study (academically and/or for pleasure):
types of weather:
vehicles:
things to do when there's nothing to do:
songs:
holidays:
animals:

on writing:

what themes do you best like to write about?:
describe your most favorite of all the characters you've created:
what time of day do you most like to write?:
what is your ideal situation in which to write?:
what words/phrases tend to pop up most often in your writing?:
do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?:
if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?:
do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?:
what are some of the things/people/places/works that inspire you?:
how do you like to establish conflict in your writing?:
do you enjoy combative elements in writing? why or why not?:

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • A Tempest Must Be Just That
    • View Profile
Re: let's get to know each other!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 04:32:04 pm »
I…actually really like survey things.

about the artist:

nicknames/preferred names: Krystal, Krys, K, Octavius (there are a few cafes/diners that call me that around here).
zodiac sign (for fun!): Pisces, Virgo rising.
always early, always on time, or better late than never?: Early.
a few words that best describe you: Eccentric, adorable, psychopath.
tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly: Typical day involves waking up at 5am, reading posts on RP websites, heading to gym or studying (depending on day), then heading to campus. I will either go to a café or head to classes—either way I end up at classes. I take a ridiculous amount of notes, e-mail notes to people, and usually have to meet with one of the professors I either have classes with or help TA. At some hour in the mid-to-late afternoon, I return home. Usually the day has been punctuated by comments about something bizarre I’m wearing or have done to my nails. I return home to my cat, who greets me with meows. We argue about the best position on the couch for all of us to be happy (she wants to sleep on my readings, or in awkward positions). I settle in to read more posts, and work on homework/reading stuff for school, and end up staying awake until 9pm-12am. The cat eats my hair. I wake up with knots.

favorites:

colors: Black, white, silver, gold, red.
movies: 10th Kingdom, The War, and probably others…I don’t watch movies as much as TV shows.
music: Metallica, Tech N9ne, Ellie Goulding, Kamelot, Nelly…really, I’ll listen to about anything.
shows: ROME (HBO), Doctor Who, The Shield, Game of Thrones, Black Butler, on and on and on.
things to read (books, comics, manga): Manga= Black Butler, Attack on Titan, Angel Sanctuary. Others=Stephen King, Masters of Rome series, Song of Ice and Fire series, Christopher Moore (Particularly Lamb, the Gospel According to Levi/Biff).
foods: Cheesecake, Pasta salads, omelets, sushi, country fried steak.
drinks: Lattes and mochas and plain coffee.
games (video, board, etc): Video=Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Skyrim, Final Fantasy 4-7-8-9-10-12-Tactics, Kingdom Hearts 1-CoM-2, Resident Evil 1-2-3-4-5-6-Code Veronica. Board=This hill game…all I know is I killed people with demons, Monopoly. Other=Dungeons and Dragons, Exalted, Cthulhu.
places to sleep: The couch, the bed.
places to draw/write/sing/art: Cafes and home.
places to take a walk: Anywhere.
places to shop (store, website, etc): Amazon, Zazzle.
things to study (academically and/or for pleasure): Religion and History.
types of weather: Thunderstorms and Thundersnow. Just give me lightning and thunder.
vehicles: BUSES—haha, I’m kidding, no. VW Beetles.
things to do when there's nothing to do: Read and/or catch up on TV shows. Or video games.
songs:
holidays: Saturnalia and Halloween.
animals: Lions and felines in general, hawks.

on writing:

what themes do you best like to write about?: Fantasy, of course. Religious themes always interest me. Post-Apoc and zombies, too.
describe your most favorite of all the characters you've created: There’s too many! There is my namesake, of course, Krystal Itzume, a character created for a Kingdom Hearts world. She was amazing, and I had fun with her. Had her in an RP that spanned a couple years off-site.

Then, Desiree Noblesse, Captain of the Royal Guard in New Carthage, of the Royal series. Of course, I also really like a lot of the side-characters—Eiji Geminus, Matthew Trill, Ariel Pyrrus…the villains, apparently.

Finally, probably Moriah of the Silver series. She’s based off an older character, revamped, the reincarnation of Judas Iscariot.

Of course, I also really like it whenever I’m allowed to use my interpretations of Samael, Gabriel, and Israfel.

what time of day do you most like to write?: All times.
what is your ideal situation in which to write?: At home with a warm drink at hand, and nothing else to do.
what words/phrases tend to pop up most often in your writing?: I honestly don’t know. Probably smirk shows up often enough. I create smirky-characters.
do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?: MAGNIFIC.
if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?: Doctor Who or Kingdom Hearts.
do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?: Of course I prefer to play female, but I always end up playing male characters, too. I enjoy playing both.
what are some of the things/people/places/works that inspire you?: The Hero and the Crown book. It was the first book I remember that had a strong heroine character, who was given a sword made for women to slay dragons. Stephen King’s style is also one I like reading, though I’m sure I don’t imitate it well. And then 1984 taught me how fun psychological things are. Oh, and Roman History/Religion. These things often inspire.
how do you like to establish conflict in your writing?: Usually through the characters. Conflicts of interest. I don’t usually write it as a conflict with the environment, which is probably why I don’t do many post-apoc or zombie threads.
do you enjoy combative elements in writing? why or why not?: I enjoy them, but not overmuch. I don’t care to write war scenes, since I’m more individually focused. Large-scale battles aren’t fun for me to read, so I often don’t like writing. Small scale ones can be, though admittedly I don’t like reading ridiculously drawn out battles if that is all there is to it—add some dialogue and thought, not just the fighting. I guess it is a mixed bag.

paris

• i might leave in a bodybag, but never in cuffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 05:38:03 pm »
about the artist:

nicknames/preferred names:
paris, paige

zodiac sign (for fun!):
very much leo, but cusp virgo, so i have a few virgo tendencies.

always early, always on time, or better late than never?:
always early when it comes to work, better late than never for social engagements.

a few words that best describe you:
bitchy, sharky, loyal, pistol, supportive, bizarro

tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly:
on a typical day, i wake up around 6AM for coffee and a cigarette, then i like to read or write, then i get ready for and shove off to work. after work, i do some form of training: swimming, cycling, or running. then i sit around and mock television with the old man. i also try to get in some time for talk radio and current events research/pleasure reading/studying.

favorites:

colors:
black, red, aubergine, dark grey

movies:
the expendables, antichrist, patton, the living and the dead, hostel, dirty harry, hannibal

music:
mostly death metal and older rap music

shows:
counting cars, chopped, top shot

things to read (books, comics, manga):
horror-related novels, political nonfiction

foods:
steak, pasta with red sauce, spicy italian sausage, japanese, sugar free treats

drinks:
michelob ultra, coffee just about any way, pinot grigio, water with ice (i HATE water without ice!), diet code red mountain dew

love the half-life series (not a big portal series fan), duke nukem, and p. much any/every board game

places to sleep:
on the beach, by the pool, or in a giant comfy bed

places to draw/write/sing/art:
love to sing in the shower, love to write on a legal pad outside, love to draw in any circumstance where i should be taking notes

places to take a walk:
the beach, the woods on a rainy day

places to shop (store, website, etc):
victoria's secret, nike, performance cycling, michael kors (though i can seldom if ever afford it)

politics, critical thinking/reading/writing, law, behavior, interpersonal relationships/communication

types of weather:
i love thunderstorms, but i really like all types of weather!

vehicles:
1965 ford fairlane, new dodge chargers and challengers, as well as 70's dodge chargers and challengers

things to do when there's nothing to do:
CLEAN HOUSE

songs:
anything by dethklok, really

holidays:
christmas, valentine's day, halloween, american independence day

animals:
CATS, sharks, octopuses, dinosaurs

on writing:

what themes do you best like to write about?: i super love writing about internal conflict, usually a character struggling with their relationship to the world around them. i also like writing about bizarre, frustrating romances.

describe your most favorite of all the characters you've created: my favorite character of all time is one called sophronia braunn driscoll. her inner conflict between her sense of duty to herself and her sense of duty to her organization, which was falling apart all around her, were constantly making her crazy.

what time of day do you most like to write?: i really enjoy writing very early in the morning, when it's quiet.

what is your ideal situation in which to write?: i like it quiet with no distractions, occassionally with some instrumental music to help set a mood or tone. have to have some kind of drink, whether a cold beer or a hot coffee.

what words/phrases tend to pop up most often in your writing?: i use the word "phenomenally" a lot, and i have some pet quotes i use very very often for mood-setting or to show my characters' reflection on a situation. usually hannibal lecter quotes, ahaha

do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?: my writing style is definitely more short and sweet. i like to see how much punch i can pack in the fewest amount of words.

if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?: easily the world of Harry Potter or the world of the Half-Life series.

do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?: i generally prefer females, but i also like writing males from time to time.

what are some of the things/people/places/works that inspire you?: hannibal lecter and the way anthony hopkins plays him is always very inspirational to me. stephen king was one of my earliest writing influences, and i still go to him for inspiration from time to time, but a bigger influence has become william peter blatty. my style happened to me more along the lines of his. stanley kubrick is another huge influence as far as mood-setting and thematic exploration goes. movie soundtracks are also very inspiring to me.

a large part of my conflictual writing is interpersonal, however, i love writing with people who are good at setting up outer, environmental-related conflict, because the two can mesh very well and create excellent tension.

i generally try to stay away from combat, especially in RP-writing. it can take far too long to make it work, and i just find combat uninteresting to read or play out. character interaction is a lot more involved. i find combat ridiculously difficult to write, because i don't know how to make it interesting to read.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:46:19 pm by paris »

Q

• Drinking tea. ('cos that's what we do in England)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 05:42:50 pm »
about the artist:

nicknames/preferred names: Urm, I don’t have any real nicknames. All online aliases/nicknames are made up. *Edit* Oh wait... I do have one (all thanks to working at a summer camp) Wings. (nickname) Q and Xan and Luna will work too, though none of these have ANYTHING to do with my real name.

zodiac sign (for fun!): Saggitarius.

always early, always on time, or better late than never?: nearly always late, I’m terrible with time.

a few words that best describe you: Pirate, Cat, Crazy (but in a good way apparently)

tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly: Typical day is all pretty fresh and new to me as I just started life as a ‘mature’ university student.
Get up, quick porridge breakfast, decide whether I can hide my hair with a hat or if it needs a brush/washing. 30 min walk up a hill that kills me every time to get to Uni by 9am. Lectures with breaks inbetween till 6pm/7pm ish… walk home (sometimes grab food on the way back). Log onto Skype, annoy K to death. Sleep. Repeat.

favorites:

colors: Purple, Blue, black.

movies: I like way too many movies to name them all.

music: Eclectic taste ranging from motown and classical to heavy rock/metal and musicals.

shows: Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead, GOT, DaVinci’s Demons, Glee, Supernatural…loads more.

things to read (books, comics, manga): Books. All the books. Gimme.

foods: Pasta. All the pasta. Pie… I have a slight pie obsession. <3 pie. (it has to be a good, sweet desert pie though)

drinks: SODA!

games (video, board, etc): I’m a KH geek. It’s the only one I’m capable of playing, and I still suck at it.

places to sleep: I can pretty much fall asleep anywhere as long as I’m warm and I’ve found a comfortable position.

places to draw/write/sing/art: Drawing/ writing/ art in the Bedroom/ In my head. Singing In the shower or when no one else is around.

places to take a walk: The Hill (Cusworth Hall, Doncaster)

places to shop (store, website, etc): Lush.

things to study (academically and/or for pleasure): I like languages, but I’m not very good at them.

types of weather: I like to be warm. Winter can f. off.

vehicles: If it runs, doesn’t break down often, and allows me not to smush it, it’s a winner.

things to do when there's nothing to do: Catch up on T.V. Write. Bitch chores.

songs: I have a record collection in my head.

holidays: Samhain, Oestara (just for the chocolate)

animals: I have a slight obsession with Birds of Prey and Tigers. But I like most animals.

on writing:

what themes do you best like to write about?: Fantasy/Horror/whatever-the-damned-bunnehs-want-me-to. -_-

describe your most favorite of all the characters you've created: Damn that’s hard. No comment.

what time of day do you most like to write?: When I have time.

what is your ideal situation in which to write?: Not sleepy, not hungry, not bored. Inspired and already got ideas in mind for the day.

what words/phrases tend to pop up most often in your writing?: I’ve noticed a few, but cannot remember them currently, and I am not searching for them.

do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?: Whatever the bunneh/muses allow.

if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?: Too many to choose from.

do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?: I prefer rping males, but will willingly play female too.

what are some of the things/people/places/works that inspire you?: Nimrod: Elgar, White sage, a bottle of… alcohol (large). I become inspired by quite strange unrelated things often. Something will pop into my head on the way to Uni, or I remember once being inspired by a wall I walked past every day.

how do you like to establish conflict in your writing?: Language used, description of a person’s tone, body language etc.

do you enjoy combative elements in writing? why or why not?: Not really. Mainly because it took me a very long time to become comfortable enough to write them, and I don’t feel very good at writing them, despite frequent encouragement and help from others.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:38:26 pm by Q »

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 11:44:02 pm »
About the artist:

nicknames/preferred names: Ara.

zodiac sign (for fun!): Leo.

always early, always on time, or better late than never?: Always early. Too early actually. I prefer to have at least a ten minute window for things to happen that might have made me late if I weren't already early. I even have nightmares about being late.

a few words that best describe you: Excitable, enthusiastic, cookies.

tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly: Hmm.. when not working? I sleep a lot. Wake up. Check my threads and write. Talk to people. Exercise. Eat. Hang out. Check threads and write more. Maybe watch shows or a movie. Write more. Sleep. ...it's a pretty great life.

favorites:

colors: Red.

movies: Robin Hood (with Kevin Costner), Interview with the Vampire, Spirited Away, The Labyrinth...

music: A little of everything. It really depends on what I'm writing.

shows: Justified. Buffy. Fringe.

things to read (books, comics, manga): Books! I don't have anything against comics or mangas, I love the animes and cartoons made from them, but I don't have the patience to read a story in tiny never ending pieces. I barely trust books in a series. I usually wait until the series is finished before I start. The one I didn't wait to start would be the Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger. Fantastic series.

foods: Sweets. If you gave me the option between eating only sweets or eating only real foods, I would probably eat the sweets until I was hospitalized with anemea. I also love breads and cheese.

drinks: Water. I love water!

games (video, board, etc): Little Big Planet. Resident Evil 5 & 6, Old Mario, Tetris.

places to sleep: In bed with the covers.

places to draw/write/sing/art: At my computer or if I ever find myself alone at a cafe.

places to take a walk: Around town or by the river.

places to shop (store, website, etc): amazon, zalando, etsy

things to study (academically and/or for pleasure): Anything with plants.

types of weather: Cloudy and gray. Not warm but not cold. No wind.

vehicles: I think blimps look really pretty but I suspect they're awkwardly loud to be in.

things to do when there's nothing to do: There is always something to do. I always have something I could be writing, reading, sewing or embroidering.

songs: Try not to make fun of me.. but Everything I Do by Bryan Adams. It's been my favorite since I was ten. Oh dear, now I want to watch Robin Hood again..

holidays: Christmas. We marathon Lord the Rings (Dior is a big fan!) and I get to make the epic feast! Plus there are lots of goodies and gingerbread cookies.

animals: Ducks and hedgehogs. They do their thing and I do mine. I get excited when I see them and no body gets in anyone's way.

on writing:

what themes do you best like to write about?: On my own? Paranormal fiction... is that a genre yet? Kind of like Urban Fantasy but more Fantasy Urban if that makes any sense at all. And everything I do has a romance. Everything. Can't help it. In rps I write just about everything but military or political threads.

what time of day do you most like to write?: Every time of the day! I am most inspired when I do not have time for it. So, if I have to be somewhere in the morning and should be getting ready- that's when I'll want to write most.

what is your ideal situation in which to write?: My desk. My computer. My work tie. Microsoft Word would be nice but I refuse to pay that much for it.

what words/phrases tend to pop up most often in your writing?: Desperate or any variation of the word.

do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?: I'd say short because if I write long usually a lot has happened. I don't fluff my writing and it comes out pretty to the point I think.

if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?: Parasol Protectorate/Etiquette and Espionage (two series but same world). It's steam punk with vampires and werewolves! Everyone has charmingly funny names and manners!

do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?: I usually play ladies. Every so often I try to make a guy but they don't usually get very far.

what are some of the things/people/places/works that inspire you?: Certain movies and shows inspire me at random and music. It just hits a certain cord, has a certain scene or line and I'm struck.

how do you like to establish conflict in your writing?: Dialog. I write a lot of dialog and have a habit of having bitter or crazy antagonists.

do you enjoy combative elements in writing? why or why not?: I do. I like having violence in my stories. I like physical conflict as much as I like emotional conflict but most of all, I like to mix them together.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 12:40:47 am »
about the artist:

nicknames/preferred names: kenny, honestly, i don't really like nicknames.

zodiac sign (for fun!): pisces

always early, always on time, or better late than never?: early for movies or anything important and better late than never for everything else

a few words that best describe you: sarcastic, funny, clever

tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly: i've been studying like a mad man for my lsats with this book large enough to rival the bible. i do study upon occasion at a starbucks or something. i spend a lot of time failing to train my dog to do much of anything. i also hang out with my sister and have been trying to improve my cooking habits, of which i have pretty much none. i get addicted to things easily so what i'm doing a lot of the time changes constantly.

favorites:

colors: almost any shade of blue, except baby blue.

movies: snatch is my favorite movie of all time, guy ritchie is the man. inglorious basterds, how to train your dragon, skyfall. i could go on forever.

music: arctic monkeys, childish gambino, tokyo police club, interpol, frank sinatra, macklemore and ryan lewis, etc. my music taste varies quite a bit, making my playlists a bit eyebrow raising when it goes from sinatra to gambino to some indie rock pop thing.

shows: sherlock and top gear on the bbc. the walking dead, breaking bad, supernatural, arrested development, wilfred, and COMMUNITY. i fucking love community, best show ever hands down.

things to read (books, comics, manga): i read a shit ton of manga and it's ridiculous. if my plot lines/ideas ever seem familiar, i guarantee it's in a manga somewhere. book wise, i read anything and everything by chuck palahniuk, although i think my favorite is a toss between fight club and invisible monsters. for the more classic stuff, john steinbeck and f. scott fitzgerald. i just really like american literature.

foods: usually tacos of the seafood variety. shrimp and fish tacos are the bomb. italian and sushi hit the spot too though.

drinks: green tea, shiner bock, and vanilla coke.

games (video, board, etc): borderlands 1 and 2, gran turismo 5, bioshock infinite, and the last of us. on older consoles it's rayman, crash bandicoot, jak and daxtar, and kingdom hearts 1 and two. yeah, i'm a playstation person.

places to sleep: my bed period. i don't really like sleeping anywhere else.

places to draw/write/sing/art: anywhere with a good table. i tried drawing at starbucks once, fucking weird. this may also be because i was drawing people that were there.

places to take a walk: the park or my yard. we have a pretty big yard so it's awesome.

places to shop (store, website, etc): threadless, amazon, forever21, urban outfitters.

things to study (academically and/or for pleasure): art & my lsat book.

types of weather:grey and cloudy, around fifty to sixty degrees. stormy if i'm inside.

vehicles: ferrari 458 italia, aston martin db9, jaguar xkr, the new corvette stingray (that thing is just fucking perfect), bmw m5 and m3, audi r8, and i could go on forever but i'll stop boring everyone. btw, the new porsche 918 spyder, holy shit.

things to do when there's nothing to do: sleep, always.

songs: fly me to the moon by frank sinatra and slow hands by interpol.

holidays: halloween.

animals: any kind of cat, big or small and penguins. kingfishers are fucking sweet too.

on writing:

what themes do you best like to write about?: anything violent, gritty, and modernesque. i like my cities full of skyscrapers and everyone packing a pistol. i'm also a huge sucker for tragedies and complicated romances.

describe your most favorite of all the characters you've created: this question is ridiculously hard and thus i'm just going to throw character names and i don't care if they're known or not. levi reed, clement faulkner, desmond cantrell, alexander, benjamin holbrook, jonathan/mad hatter, caleb beaulieu, julien steels, etc. obviously, i get attached to characters easily and often recycle the names of my favorites.

what time of day do you most like to write?: afteroon or at night, whenever i'm alone usually.

what is your ideal situation in which to write?: alone, with rain pattering on the window, and i've got an ice cold glass of something awesome.

what words/phrases tend to pop up most often in your writing?: tungsten, blood descriptions (metallic, red, crimson, pools, etc.), and car porn.

do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?: short and sweet, i like think it sounds prolific, even though it doesn't.

if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?: at the moment, sherlock, but i'm afraid to ruin the characters.

do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?: male usually, but i don't mind girls either.

what are some of the things/people/places/works that inspire you?: chuck palahniuk and manga, which often makes for an interesting/odd combination.

how do you like to establish conflict in your writing?: usually with relationships amongst the characters or my own character's inner turmoil. and my characters usually have a shit ton of problems.

do you enjoy combative elements in writing? why or why not?: i like them, if i'm writing them while not having to rely on constant feedback from the other person. npc fights are the best or just having an agreement on the fight in general with whoever you're writing it with.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 06:56:58 am »
About the artist:

nicknames/preferred names: Pride, Emarka, Johnny, whatever. I'm not picky.

zodiac sign (for fun!): Aquarius.

always early, always on time, or better late than never?: I attempt to always be early, but unfortunately it normally turns out better late than never.

a few words that best describe you: Easy going, patient, exasperating.

tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly: Currently taking a year off before I head to grad school. So my day at this moment consists of waking up, working 7 - 4, working out, and then playing games/writing/reading until I fall asleep. Rinse and repeat until the weekend, then stretch out playing games/writing/reading to a 24 hour period.

favorites:

colors: Purple.

movies: Oh Brother Where Art Thou, The Departed, The Usual Suspects, How to Train Your Dragon, Moulin Rouge, Fight Club, and many, many more. I love movies.

music: Classical piano is my true love, with violin at a close second. After that, anything with a great rhythm is great. Though I'd rather cut an ear off than listen to country music.

shows: Sherlock, Big Bang Theory, Breaking Bad, tons of various animes.

things to read (books, comics, manga): Oh god. I'm going to limit myself to three per category since this could go on forever. The Song of Ice and Fire series, The Kingkiller trilogy, and His Dark Materials trilogy. Frank Miller's Batman, Sin City, and Gaiman's the Sandman. Bleach, History's Strongest Disciple, Berserk.

foods: Peanut butter. I fucking love peanut butter. Also Italian, Mexican, and seafood, in that order.

drinks: Water is pretty much all I drink.

games (video, board, etc): I play them all: rpg, jrpg, fps, third person shooters, rts, horror, fighting, racing, indie, MMO. You name it, I've probably played it. Chess and Risk are my favorite board games.

places to sleep: I can sleep pretty much anywhere. My high school teachers can attest got that.

places to draw/write/sing/art: Anywhere I have something to write with. I've spent more than one lecture writing story ideas instead of notes. Prefer the solitude of my room though.

places to take a walk: The local park.

places to shop (store, website, etc): Amazon, GameStop, Walmart.

things to study (academically and/or for pleasure): Going to grad school for forensic psychology.

types of weather: Overcast, windy, and cold if I'm outside. Rain and snow are preferable if I'm inside.

vehicles: I am somewhat ashamed to be male and know little about cars. I drive a 2005 Jeep Wrangler and I know how to change a tire, change the oil, and sing really loudly when I'm by myself. That's about it.

things to do when there's nothing to do: Video games, writing, or reading. Reddit or youtube browsing if desperate.

songs: Non-classical? Whisper by Evanescence. Classical? Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Opus 8 4, Winter movement.

holidays: Halloween.

animals: I like most animals (except squirrels for various reasons), but I love dogs.

on writing:

what themes do you best like to write about?: Tragic romance. Tragic heroes. Tragedy in general.

what time of day do you most like to write?: Whenever I get a free moment, really. Usually afternoon to late evening.

what is your ideal situation in which to write?: In the peace of my room, with Vivaldi in the air and rain on my window.

what words/phrases tend to pop up most often in your writing?: I over use semicolons; probably incorrectly. I also have a tendency to make my characters express themselves with their eyebrows or eyes.

do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?: I would love to keep things short and sweet, but I have a lot of difficulty keeping my writing from being lengthy. I try and try. I admire others who do it so well, like many on the site here.

if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?: Percy Jackson, Kingdom Hearts, Harry Potter.

do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?: Male. I try my hand at female at times, but I don't do it well.

what are some of the things/people/places/works that inspire you?: Music does wonders to inspire. Books and manga do too. In terms of inspiring me to do better, writing with those who are more skilled than myself.

how do you like to establish conflict in your writing?: Internal, more subtle than brute. I prefer conflicts of the heart, the character deciding between his personal happiness and the happiness of the greater good.

do you enjoy combative elements in writing? why or why not?: I do. I use to enjoy doing it against others, but I've gotten to the point where I really prefer the fights to be scripted and decided ahead of time. I like to use them to create desperate situations for characters, forcing them into moments where they have to make a sudden decision that could change everything in the blink of an eye. They're also great for sudden moments of insight, realizing something is significant to them right before it is brutally taken away.

The March Hare

• Would you like some tea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 12:42:32 am »
about the artist:

nicknames/preferred names: Lani, March, Scarlet. Most of my friends who I've been writing with for years just stick to my actual name.

zodiac sign (for fun!): Cancer; Aquarius rising.

always early, always on time, or better late than never?: When it comes to posting, I'm always late. When it comes to work, I am always on time. When it's everything else, I wing it and hope for the best.
a few words that best describe you: Quirky, detail-oriented, lazy. Really lazy.

tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly: My typical day is waking up at 5 AM for work where I bust my ass until 4 PM (sometimes 4 PM to 11 PM). Afterward, I come home to a messy house, swear on the powers-that-be that I will clean it, not clean it, and sleep. When I have a day off, which is a rare thing as of late, I tend to cuddle up in bed or on the couch either to read and write, play video games, or watch Fringe with my roommate (Charm) who tries to not laugh when singing the opening sequence of the show. That, or I go visit my parents. Doh ho~

favorites:

colors: Royal blue, violet, burgundy.

movies: Too many to think about really.

music: I'm not gonna lie, I am in love with J-Rock. the GazettE, Gackt, Dir En Grey - you name it, I probably at
some point or another had it on my iTunes. As of now, I have a lot more classic rock which makes people believe I should have been in a hair band or took part in the music video Separate Ways.

shows: Fringe (ILOVEPETERBISHOP), Once Upon a Time (anyone who knows me knows I have a hard on for fairy tales), Walking Dead, How I Met Your Mother, Game of Thrones, True Blood - and all things YouTube. I know, it's not a show, but with how much I watch Cryaotic, GassyMexican, Seananners, etc - it should be.

things to read (books, comics, manga): Like Lightning, I... love... manga. I don't think my roommate realized how much of a weebu I was until she saw the manga I read, lmao. And just like lightning, if you see any similarities in the threads I make to an anime or whatever, it's not coincidence. It really isn't. I also love anything Sharon Shinn; she's a huge inspiration to what I write.

foods: Spaghetti. MY KINGDOM FOR SPAGHETTI!

drinks: Mango smoothie. Mmm~

games (video, board, etc): When I'm not rp-ing or working, I'm gaming. My top games are Portal 1&2, Bioshock (all of 'em), the Last of Us, Left 4 Dead, Garry's Mod (hilarity ensues). Oh yea, and I have a thing for scribblenauts.

places to sleep: Anywhere.

places to draw/write/sing/art: Somewhere quiet. I really can't concentrate if there's background noise.

places to take a walk: Park!

places to shop (store, website, etc): amazon.com - I get everything from there.

things to study (academically and/or for pleasure): Mythology, Historic literature. Beep bop boop.

types of weather: Rainy and cool. It's nice~

vehicles: Kenny is going to hate me for this... but none. I don't like cars that much.

things to do when there's nothing to do: Clean... but not really.

songs: This right now (click me). I'm listening to this while writing a reBIRTH post, hahahaha.

holidays: Halloween. Forever.

animals: NARWHALS! *_____________*

on writing:

what themes do you best like to write about?: Personally, I love writing epic fantasies laced with romance. There's something about creating a world from scratch, or whatever base you set it upon, and then throwing in so much magic its brimming with life. The romance sometimes comes first, especially if it's reincarnated lovers or star-crossed. I like for them to either break my god dang heart or lift me up to cloud nine.

describe your most favorite of all the characters you've created: Okay, I have so many, but the one that pops up the most is Lucy/Merlin from Pendragon. Not only was she incredibly easy to write for, she was a character who grew in my head. She's one of the many reasons why I would love to revamp that thread.

what time of day do you most like to write?: Early morning or late at night. My mind is way too cluttered in the day. There's a definite difference in the way my post comes out either times.

what is your ideal situation in which to write?: I don't have an ideal situation, honestly. I just ride by the seat of my pants like I do every other day.

what words/phrases tend to pop up most often in your writing?: 'Seems.' And I have a thing for sentence fragments to make things suspenseful. I overuse it.

do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?: I wish my stuff was long and magnific, but it never is, hahaha.

if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?: Sharon Shinn's Twelve Houses series. It's fuckin' brilliant. Or Anne Bishop's Dark Jewels world.

do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?: Female. My guys are too perfect; Ken says so, and I tend to take her word for it.

what are some of the things/people/places/works that inspire you?: Sharon Shinn, manga, Anne Bishop, Grimm Fairy Tales (more often than not). Jill and Lightning - I usually play off of them. (I'm their wingwoman)

how do you like to establish conflict in your writing?: Inward or worldly. Nothing says conflict than a madman who tries to destroy the world because his only love was taken from him. Cliche, but it works for me~

do you enjoy combative elements in writing? why or why not?: No. Oh, gawd, no. I hate it for the life of me. I just suck at them. Whenever I need a fight scene written, I go to Ken. I can't do it by myself. I mean, I used to be really good at it - but it's sooooo time consuming some times for me, and I am never satisfied with it, lmao.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:49:44 am by The March Hare »

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 10:42:39 am »

but you can call me Whitley, if you like~

about the artiste

zodiac sign: SCORPIO /hissss
always early, always on time, or better late than never?: always late
a few words that best describe you: meow, silly, spoilt, peevish, coarse, GRYFFINDOR
tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly: i sleep. i wake up. i stay in bed and check my threads on my phone. somtimes i fall back to sleep. i get up. i have breakfast with the old man or otherwise i make myself toast/banana bread and a cup of tea.  i go on the computer.  sometimes i might actually work on stuff i need to be like art/making prints or the like but mostly i procrastinate and talk to people.  i make another cup of tea.  i read things.  i clean/tidy/laundry and then i go to town to do chores and then i come home and go on the computer.  i stay on the computer and then i have dinner and watch tv with the old man and then when he's asleep i go back to the computer and sometimes i make myself one more cup of tea.

i am a very boring person lmAO.

favourites

colours: gLITTER
movies: 

The Silence of the Lambs, Sister Act, Bonnie & Clyde (1967), Pan's Labyrinth, Casablanca 
Holes, Carrie,  The Virgin Suicides, Sin City, Kill Bill 1&2

music: i only have two prerequisites and that's that a song either makes me sing, or makes me wanna write. also cOUNTRY MUSIC.
shows: horsies.
things to read (books, comics, manga): I actually really love children's literature, classic and modern, and more often than not by British authors.
foods: chINESE FOod and delicious breads and cakes and sweets  :tart: :choco: :cake:
drinks: mango ice tea and real-tea  :pinktea:

i have only ever loved one game passionately and that was Pet Society, on facebook.  It closed earlier this year because EA games is fucking SOULLESS, I HATE THEM, I HOPE THEIR OFFICES BURN DOWN.

i seriously loved it so much, at one point i had like 12 fb alts (all of whom were their own people with personalities and loves and friends and would talk to each other) just to play it,

the pink bunny was my main, played on my fb account proper, and her name was Princess Kitty.  The brown one was my second favourite - her house is amazingggg - and her name is Primrose and she had a twin brother - on yet another account - called Bramblythorn and they would visit each other and kiss /sobs

the green one is Agatha McPiggy and she was a cutie and the orange one is Meiko and she lived in a Japanese house and collected poo/poo-shaped balloons.

those are just my favourites of the girls, i had a couple more and about half-a-dozen boys too.

i loved them and i miss them so much /sobbing

places to sleep: my bed.  i take no less that six pillows, most of them frilly.
places to draw/write/sing/art: i can and do all of these things at my computer~  i also enjoy singing while in/using the bathroom~
places to take a walk: the sea-side, especially at night. 
places to shop (store, website, etc): bookdepository.uk, asos.com, forever new, etsy

I never did uni/college so these are just some things I take it upon myself to learn about, now~

WWI & II, the Vietnam War, Henry VIII/the Tudors
18th Century Aristocracy, Fundamentalist Mormon Polygamy/Cults, Segregation in America/the Civil Rights Movement

I also have a huge interest in Ancient cultures, like Egypt and Greece/Rome - it's what I studied in high-school~

types of weather: cold and wet and dark.  warm and clear and dull with the smoke of nearby bushfires.
vehicles: ones that work.
things to do when there's nothing to do: sleeping pls.

songs: ok here are some of my faves ok

From the park you hear the happy sound of a carousel
You can almost taste the hot dogs and French fries they sell
Under the boardwalk, down by the sea
On a blanket with my baby is where I'll be

Under The Boardwalk, The Drifters

And I say HEY!
What a wonderful kind of day
If we could learn to work and play
And get along with each other

Believe In Yourself, Ziggy Marley & Melody Makers

I will follow him, ever since he touched my heart, I knew
There isn't an ocean too deep, a mountain so high it can keep
Keep me away
Away from his love

Chariot (I Will Follow Him), Deloris & The Sisters

When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long
And you think that love is only for the lucky, and the strong
Just remember, in the winter, far beneath the bitter snow
Lies the seed that with the sun's love, in the spring, becomes the rose

The Rose, Conway Twitty

Who said that every wish would be heard and answered when wished on the morningstar?
Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it
Look what it's done so far
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing and what do we think we might see?

The Rainbow Connection, Kermit the Frog/Jim Henson

As I went down in the river to pray, studyin' about that good old way,
And who shall wear the starry crown? Good Lord, show me the way.
Oh sisters let's go down, let's go down, come on down,
Oh sisters let's go down, down in the river to pray

Down to the River to Pray, Allison Krauss

holidays: Christmas and BIRTHDAYS :birthdaycake:
animals:  :bluecat: :catlove: :catstomp:  :hedwig: :unicorn:

on writing

what themes do you best like to write about?: growth, hope and love.  even if it's for the worse, or things end badly, or it's lost.
describe your most favourite of all the characters you've created:

Her name was Moira, and she was created for a story with Lightning and March, involving reincarnation, magic and lost kingdoms.

I have never loved nor created as intently for any other character than I have for Moira.  She starts as this hapless, sheltered, overly optimistic school girl that over-romanticises things and finds herself having to learn to be stronger, to fight, to think quickly. She learns that she once died serving and protecting a prince - one of her best friends - from an enemy none of them suspected, and that love sometimes isn't always returned, no matter how strongly you feel it, no matter how much it hurts.

She loses some of her easy-going charm under the weight of expectations and a duty that's followed her through lifetimes, and things become harder.  In the end, things end up being about choices, and making the ones best for you, even if they're hard.

She's the arch-type of the themes I like to write about: growth, hope and love, and I'd very, very much like to finish that world, one day. 

what time of day do you most like to write?: i'm best at night, when there's no distractions and i can work at my leisure.
what is your ideal situation in which to write?: where i am nice and cool and have a nice cup of tea and some biscuits/cake and no one's talking to me.
what words/phrases tend to pop up most often in your writing?:  she, [insert character's name], though, pale, the
do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?:  horsies.
if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?:

have you seen the new covers by kazu kibuishi? omfg.

Hogwarts/the Wizarding community of Britian. Actually you know what, screw writing in it, I want to live there.

Also the His Dark Materials world would be cool.  DAEMONS! Mine would be a kitty.  :flycat:

do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?: playing/rping sure, girls are more fun. privately neither is a problem~

“Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don’t bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: “It’s not where you take things from - it’s where you take them to.”

― Jim Jarmusch

how do you like to establish conflict in your writing?: horsies.
do you enjoy combative elements in writing? why or why not?: horsies~
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 11:52:07 am by Jill the Ripper »

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 11:37:31 am »
about the artist: This sort of looks like something I should give out, given the colons (sp?) but its so unspecific I'll skip.

nicknames/preferred names: Verse is one. Did you know I gave this nickname to myself? Fongi is another. Didn't make that one up. My real name is short enough, even though I'd like a nickname. I give others nicknames quickly.
zodiac sign (for fun!): chines: rat. Western: cancer! Both are sort of things that live off other things in a generally unappreciated manner. I've always seen myself as a human among other animal metaphors, lazy, ungrateful, weak, naked.
always early, always on time, or better late than never?: I like on time. I used to be on time like a real asian guy. But since I started getting into the habit of hanging with my current circle of friends, being on time is useless. So now, every time I meet new people, I'm late to them. It's not my fault.
a few words that best describe you: insecure, happy, enthusiastic
tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly: I wake up, do push-ups, pilates and two self made stomach exercises. Then I go to the gym, or eat, depending on the day. After that it's hanging with ara and looking for a job. Best days are filled with junkfood and good programs/series.

favorites: again, this looks like something I should fill in, but no

colors: Red for favorite, green for everyday fun. I wear a lot of blacks though, and lately I've been looking at colorful leather jackets.
movies: I love interview with the vampire and matrix. Pacific rim is a new one and I'm hopeful the abusive love-themed one with casey affleck and jessica alba will be good, if someone will watch it with me. Also, Byzantium has to be good. Gonna get that one. I love well made romantic vampire movies, usually those don't contain action, for some reason, which is an acceptable but not ideal trade-off.
music: I like pop with good lyrics. Savage Garden is a staple. Also catchy anime music.
shows: Elementary, but its not the best, I just thought of it first. I like the fast pace of the plot and relationship. Surely it's innovative. Also Hannibal. It is amazing and beautiful. In anime I like Claymore and Casshern Sins, both are finished, though Claymore was written in a way that they planned to do more, according to the manga. Casshern is very well drawn and employs some awesome angles and deformity that was quite groundbreaking when it came out and hasn't been replicated since.
things to read (books, comics, manga): I like to read anne rice, other than that I don't read too much. I'd like to duplicate her courage. Ameli atwater rhodes was awesome, back in the day.
foods: Tapas resturant. Japanese buffet. But most of all the nan king restaurant in san fran. They had a picture of keanu reeves with the owner on the wall, along with various awards and other celebrties. It's just a little hole int he wall, but its super popular. I saw why when I was there with ara one year, and then another time with a couple we just happened to stand in line with. We bought them dinner and they insisted to pay our cab home.
drinks: I like coconut milkshakes but they've only served them in the danish amusement park Tivoli. Everything cocnut and I'm in.
games (video, board, etc): I like forum based writing rpg's with a good, conflictive love story. Sex should be hinted (or had, if its that kind of board) and violence is a must. All the good stuff through the really bad stuff, I guess. PM me, we'll work something out.
places to sleep: Close to Ara, with a leg over hers. Or in class, usually second period. What is it with second period?
places to draw/write/sing/art: At or about? I like to write about space, it's a very forgiving setting, and full of possibilities. I write almost exclusively at my computer. It is so loud. It's a bad thing.
places to take a walk: I usually walk to school when I went there. Other then that its straight shoot to town. But if I got to decide I'd wish to walk my dog again.
places to shop (store, website, etc): I like yesstyle.com and virginblak.com anywhere where you can get awesome fake leathers for cheap, and the risk of others near me having them is low.
things to study (academically and/or for pleasure): I'd like to get into architecture and anatomy/biology for my writing. What I did study was dental hygiene.
types of weather: I like indoors and dont like sun, so murky weather, witch a touch of chill.
vehicles: Wants a motorbike so bad. Uses a bike or my brother's car.
things to do when there's nothing to do:[/b] write. It really does fill your time if you give it a chance. Porn, to be honest, it's an old friend.
songs: Promises by Savage Garden. Bring on the wonder by Susan Enan.
holidays: Summer, if that counts, longer the better. Other than that xmas is awesome.
animals: Big dogs. I like hugging them and wrestling with them and patting them on their sides like they're horses. I don't so much like horses though.

on writing: like the other open starters, I won't be answering this

what themes do you best like to write about?: Grit around romance. Love needs to be there, but it has to be hard, hopefully in the bloody way.
describe your most favorite of all the characters you've created: When I was a teen I used to make up stories int he shower. One of them was red and black Iron Man. He stuck with me for long. He did his training in his giant shower with sharks. As for current ones, I do like Esther Viola Isaac. She sweet but kind of stunted.
what time of day do you most like to write?: Usually middle of a free day. I like the melancholy of being alone.
what is your ideal situation in which to write?: the light needs to be a little blue and I need to be a little worn. The word program better not be messing up, either.
what words/phrases tend to pop up most often in your writing?: Her. And something or somewhere. and also "and".
do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?: I try for short and sweet. I don't have enough to say to ever broach magnificent.
if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?: I'd like to see Marvel's new york. It seems crazy happening.
do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?: I usually RP males, but there's a strong female focus in my stories. I like them ladies.
what are some of the things/people/places/works that inspire you?: I like streets. I like following them down with my eyes. I can get a lot from that. Also floors.
how do you like to establish conflict in your writing?: With attachment, or willingness to rouse the other because of lack of love. Friction always comes from flaws brushing against each other. My favorite is is the things that should be friction but end up not being that. Incest, murder and existence are some of the things I like to trivialize.
do you enjoy combative elements in writing? why or why not?: I do like me some good action. It's hard to pull off and that's why I want to do it. Text is slow, it's a challenge, especially since I grew up with a lot of action.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 11:50:41 am by Verse »

Bleu

• You lie so well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 06:07:25 pm »
Let’s see what I can dish out. Though I’m sure won’t be as classy as Jill. Here we go!

about the artist:

nicknames/preferred names: Bleu could work. Skylar is most common in the cyber webs. Robbie, too, I suppose.
zodiac sign (for fun!): Cancer
always early, always on time, or better late than never?: I’m always early to everything, generally. Except hangouts, which I give myself some flexibility with.
a few words that best describe you: oblivious, patient, stupid (at times), incorrigible
tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly: Well, I wake up early. Usually around 6 or 7 in the morning. I shower, and go to class. When I’m not in class, I study. I come home most days in the late evening, where I like to sketch and just doodle. I also enjoy listening to music and playing the piano in my spare time. I want to pick up the violin, too.

favorites:

colors: Pastels, generally. Green. Beige. Brown. I change my favorite color like…all the time.
movies: Avatar is my absolute favorite. Who cares if it’s just a futuristic Pocahontas story? It was amazeballs. Harry Potter follows, Hugo, Titanic, and a bunch of others. I keep a list actually, of my top 10 films of all time, with subsections for favorite films each year. Yeah, I need to update that.
music: Lady Gaga. Yeah. Muse. Anything, but I prefer anything POP. I have a problem.
shows: Grey’s Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, New Girl, Glee, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Doctor Who, Torchwood, The League, How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family. Tons more, actually.
things to read (books, comics, manga): I don’t really read comics or mangas. The Potter books, the Hunger Games books, Lorien Legacies, and much more – I really like to read.
foods: sandwiches
drinks: milk, coke, and water
games (video, board, etc): I have way too many video games. Dragon Age, Fallout, Last of Us, Mass Effect, Red Dead, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, FIFA, Soul Caliber, Modern Warfare, Bioshock, Dragon’s Dogma, Tomb Raider, Mortal Combat. I’m stopping now. I don’t play a lot of boardgames, except monopoly. Tabletop: just Dungeons and Dragons. Though I suck at it.
places to sleep: Beds. Just beds.
places to draw/write/sing/art: My house and my car. I go cray in my car. Even if I’m not alone.
places to take a walk: The mall, duh. Shopping is the best way to walk.
places to shop (store, website, etc): OH GOD. Everywhere, anywhere.
things to study (academically and/or for pleasure): Academically: Accounting, Finance, Business. Pleasure: French. I want to get a degree in the language eventually.
types of weather: Super dark and rainy. I’m a very happy person, so the gloominess of it all doesn’t affect me.
vehicles: Buicks. They’re so nice.
things to do when there's nothing to do: I enjoy these times. Doing nothing is like the best thing ever.
songs: Right now, We Got the World by Icona Pop and Applause by Lady Gaga. All-time favorites? Well everything by Lady gaga and a bunch of other songs. Perhaps I’ll post a list someday.
holidays: Christmas. For me, Christmas starts in like...October. Screw Halloween and Thanksgiving – make way for Santa and Jesus.
animals: I love cats. They’re probably my favorite. I also like turtles and birds.

on writing:

what themes do you best like to write about?: Absolutely anything. I’m about half a year into RPing, so if anyone wants to do something cray, I’m your man.
describe your most favorite of all the characters you've created: Well, I used to do a lot of short stories, so I have tons. In my roleplaying experience, which is still quite limited, I could not say. A lot of them have a small place in my heart!
what time of day do you most like to write?: Evening, but I can write whenever.
what is your ideal situation in which to write?: On a cold rainy day, where I am stuck in my room listening to the lightning outside. Ah…heaven.
what words/phrases tend to pop up most often in your writing?: Hahaha. I use a lot of ‘smiles’ and ‘couldn’t help but’s. I didn’t know I had so much room to improve!
do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?: It depends. A post could go either way!
if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?: Harry Potter. I have dreams that I’m a wizard and when I wake up, I’m living the nightmare. It sucks, but it’s great. I love it so much.
do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?: I play both regularly. I think it’s because before my roleplaying days I had to write for both genders all the time.
what are some of the things/people/places/works that inspire you?: My sister. She is the best, and anything she does, she does so gracefully that inspiration just leaves her every step. A lot of my characters, those who I’ve come to love, have a little bit of her in them. Places? Well, Paris. Fashion and fab life, of course. Works? Anything Jo Rowling writes. She’s the best. 
how do you like to establish conflict in your writing?: I feel like conflict flows naturally through complicated characters. So I create complicated, confused, and crazy characters and the conflict just happens naturally. That and preplanning plots, haha.
do you enjoy combative elements in writing? why or why not?: From what little experience I have with this topic, I think it could be cool. Too soon to tell, I suppose. In one of my threads, however, I feel like I’m about to see a lot of combat. So we’ll see.

wintermute.

• The ekranoplan that heroin bought.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 12:21:17 pm »
about the artist

nicknames/preferred names: wintermute/winter
zodiac sign (for fun!): Leo.
always early, always on time, or better late than never?: Always early.
a few words that best describe you: Horsies.
tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly: Wake up around four, shower, leave for work at quarter to six, arrive at work, open the doors and switch the lights and compressor on and then stand around smoking cigarettes until seven. Start work/run around shitting myself because half the shop decided to take the day off or something/check up on work orders and set up machines and stuff for people. Then, if I"m lucky, cruise around smoking cigarettes and "supervising" or go do whatever isn't already getting done/ is too dangerous to put other people on because I'd feel bad if they chopped off their fingers. Finish work, drive home, eat, sleep and do it all over again.

favourites

colours: Black and green.
movies: Romeo + Juliet, Pulp Fiction, Leon, Brother, Casablanca.
music: Pink Floyd, Motorhead, whatever the fuck else I like at the time.
shows: Whatever's on after Ben 10 when I get home from work is my favourite right now.
things to read (books, comics, manga): William Gibson, Neil Gaiman, Sven Hassel
foods: Yum-cha, Korean BBQ, Tacos
drinks: Green tea, Lipton Mojito ice-tea, Coca-Cola
games (video, board, etc): The Grand Theft Auto series, Morrowind, Battlefield: Vietnam & Battlefield 2, Knights of the Old Republic 1&2, Skate 3
places to sleep: My bed, Jill's couch, Jill's bed.
places to draw/write/sing/art: My bed, my work notepad.
places to take a walk: The beach and the city.
places to shop (store, website, etc): Bunnings.
things to study (academically and/or for pleasure): Cars and horsies.
types of weather:  Rain and sunshine.
vehicles: Ford Fairlanes in general, Australian Fairlanes in particular, Holden Statesman's except for a period in the 90's when they were kind of shitty, Holden Senators, Australian Ford Falcons from the 80's until the second model they put out in the 90's. Nissan Patrols up until the GQ model, Toyota Landcruisers, especially the 40 series, 50 series and the 70 series troop carriers. Land Rover defenders are where it's at too.

And for dream cars I'll never afford, there's the Ford Falcon GTHO Phase III, the Holden VL Commodore SS Group A, Lambourghini Miura, Ferrari 250 GTO, Mercedes Benz 600, Lamborghini Diablo, 1969 Dodge Charger and the Charger Daytona ... the list literally goes on ... and on.

Then there's stuff like the Datsun 240Z, Nissan Skylines up until the R30, Nissan Laurel C130, Mark I Supras ... yeah.

things to do when there's nothing to do: Drive places.
songs: Kickin' by Yellawolf, Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd, I Don't Believe a Word by Motorhead, Carmelita by GG Allin, Save the Last Dance For Me by The Drifters, I Have A Lover by Lee Eun Mi
holidays: Easter
animals: Dogs, cats, rabbits... I think I just like animals.

on writing

what themes do you best like to write about?: Gangsters, mecernanires and assassins.
describe your most favourite of all the characters you've created:  Slick, Jane and Yumi, who are all pretty much the same. Dark haired, suited, armed and all detached and shit about what they do for a living.
what time of day do you most like to write?: First thing in the morning, except I never do.
what is your ideal situation in which to write?: Sitting on my arse.
what words/phrases tend to pop up most often in your writing?: "filmed with", "lit a cigarette"
do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?: Short and sweet for RPing and long magnific for personal writing.
if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?:  The GTA world or maybe the Elder Scrolls series.  Or Warhammer 40k.
do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?: No.
what are some of the things/people/places/works that inspire you?: Highway driving, Northern New South Wales, the beach, driving around the city at night, hammering my truck down forestry roads.  William Gibson and gangster films.
how do you like to establish conflict in your writing?:  Conflicting loyalties and making my characters shoot each other in the face.
do you enjoy combative elements in writing? why or why not?: No; it's really easy to make boring, because you go from describing cool stuff like rain and tail lights to describing mechanical "he punched" and "he ducked" sort of shit.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 12:28:20 pm by wintermute. »

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 05:59:16 am »
about the artist:

nicknames/preferred names: Beau, my initials, hey you. / I prefer that people use my two first names together since my mother corrected everyone who tried to get away with only using one – but if I told you my real name I’d have to kill you.

zodiac sign (for fun!): I’m an Aquarius but I pretend to be an Aries.  They are more interesting

always early, always on time, or better late than never?: Typically on time, or perhaps one minute late depending on the line at the coffee bar

a few words that best describe you: procrastinator, quiet, deep/dark/depressed

tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly: I’m married with two kids, so most days involve drinking coffee, chores and driving the younglings around.  I work for “big oil” in strategic planning, so I get paid to go to Corp headquarters and think, maybe make a decision or two, yell at a few people….I try to stay up until everyone is in bed and then work on  my book, but that’s often 10 pm and sometimes games on the I-pad are more interesting at that hour because my brain is toast.

favorites:

colors: blue, purple, wine (both white and red).  I tend to favor 'palegreen' for my VB code

movies: I probably see 20 films a year in theater, but my favorite film of all time is Casablanca.  I recently went to the anniversary show in theaters with my better half and enjoyed it no end.  I have many of the lines memorized and I think Ingrid Bergman is the most beautiful woman with Audrey Hepburn a close second.  I’ve also seen Star Wars/Empire/Return of Jedi enough times to know the lines.  Can’t beat Star Wars on a rainy day.

music: Anything except Rap.  I easily have 3000 songs on my computer.

shows: Sports/Sports analysis/Sports Bloopers (football, baseball, hockey, tennis, even poker).  I also enjoy the home improvement and cooking shows.

things to read (books, comics, manga): Classics (Jane Eyre, Great Expectations) Comedy/Mystery (Janet Evonovich) Thrillers (Dean Koontz)

foods: Cake. Pasta/pizza, grilled chicken….did I mention cake?

drinks: Anything carbonated (diet Pepsi primarily) and margaritas

games (video, board, etc): Chess – we have a game table in our front room so I often play with my boys.  One is getting good enough to beat me.  I’ve also taken over a couple of their I-pod games: Megopolis, Paradise Cove, Dragonvale.  Don’t laugh, but I do like building my little city.  I used to play sim-city years ago and enjoy setting out the little houses and stuff.

places to sleep: Bed.  Can’t sleep on other furniture or modes of transportation

places to draw/write/sing/art: My front room in my house was recently redesigned to be an “adult space” with hardwood and a bookshelf.  It has a comfy couch and a fireplace.  I like to spend time there, but I probably do the bulk of my RP type writing on my computer at work.

places to take a walk: Beach

places to shop (store, website, etc): JC Penny, Amazon, Target

things to study (academically and/or for pleasure): I have a masters in business.  School is sort of been there/done that, although I do study work related things (negotiation and communication type skills).

types of weather: Rain, light snow.  I like fall more than other season, October crispness in particular.  Once a year we get a lightening storm.  I'll stay up for hours and watch that.

vehicles: I drive a Prius to work and a 1967 red mustang convertible when I want to go cruising.

things to do when there's nothing to do: Read.  Watch TV

songs: I’ll hit a character limit if I list all the music I like.  I’ve found great fun taking three songs and making an RP plot from the lyrics.  I constantly mine lyrics because I’m a horrible poet and like to see how people can compact emotion into a few pretty phrases

holidays: Halloween, followed by Christmas

animals: We have many pets in our house (two cats – puff/chip, dog – KC, Turtle, Hamster, fish)   My favorite animal is the giraffe.  I have one that is 6 feet tall and stuffed in my bedroom.  There is a smaller one on my desk at work.

on writing:

what themes do you best like to write about?: Fantasy/Mystery/The human condition

describe your most favorite of all the characters you've created:I’ve only created one or two characters that I grew to dislike, so this is hard.  Jordon Kendall is obviously one of my most complex with the merman/religious/knights of the roundtable themes.  Cane is probably the most prolific with over 1,000,000 words to his credit.  I keep going back to my writer Hale Marcum as the one ultimately that will endure the longest.  He is most like me, but I keep killing him off, so it’s a love/hate sort of thing.

what time of day do you most like to write?: Evenings, although I’m probably most productive at 4 pm when I’m supposed to be wrapping up my work day and looking to procrastinate.

what is your ideal situation in which to write?: After I’ve thought the scene out in my mind.  I like plotting more than writing

what words/phrases tend to pop up most often in your writing?: Just. Still, It, That, Was – I’m a passive voice king.

do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?: Short.  I find it hard to write description, so I tend to focus on dialogue which moves really fast and keep scenes short.

if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?: I’ve done fan fiction for a couple of things (Harry Potter, Battlestar Galactica, X-1999, Orphen, Percy Jackson).  I can’t say though that there is anything right now that I’d want to actively mimic.

do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?: I prefer rping males, but I like to do female characters occasionally, although less frequently than I used to.

what are some of the things/people/places/works that inspire you?: I’m not really sure - music probably would be closest.  I don’t go to any particular place or book when I get stuck.  Writers block typically isn’t an issue, although focus is.  I tend to dabble in lots of things and never finish.

how do you like to establish conflict in your writing?: Motivation of the characters in opposition or time pressure/threat

do you enjoy combative elements in writing? why or why not?: I don’t like violence or man’s inhumanity to man – so I tend to stay away from writing physical fight scenes if I can.  I like my characters to suffer, but beating them up isn’t something I’m good at.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:13:29 am by Beau »

MyDiorama

• Architect
  • tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 08:12:48 pm »
nicknames/preferred names: Dio, Diorama
zodiac sign (for fun!): Capricorn
always early, always on time, or better late than never?: Always on time. Sometimes early, and sometimes late (but not much)
a few words that best describe you: Optimistic, creative, nice
tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly:I snooze, eat breakfast, rush to work around 8.00 (PR officer at the culture department in the city), sit in front of my computer or in meetings most of the day until 16.30-17 when I'll go home. Then… I go training (If I don't have a cold like I do atm) and after training it is food time and then I have some spare time before sleep. And then it goes on the next day.

favorites:

colors: blue and purple
movies: LOTR, and other good movies (I have a short time memory when it comes to movies).
music: Japanese pop, and some swedish and  western pop
shows: funny shows (HIMYM, Big bang theory, 2 broke girls and so on), Property ladder, baking shows,
things to read (books, comics, manga): Books! I'll read almost any genre as longs as it catches my attention.
foods: too hard to choose
drinks: ca phe sua (vietnamese iced coffee), caffe lattes with flavouring), yummy drinks, plain ice cold swedish water
games (video, board, etc): lego LOTR, Little big planet
places to sleep: bed!
places to draw/write/sing/art: My messy desk. When I clean it, it's the best place.
places to take a walk: by the river, or in the forest.
places to shop (store, website, etc): H&M, or other random store in town. I like the second hand shops in the city too.
things to study (academically and/or for pleasure): Academically I studied english, media, strategic communication and graphic design. These subjects still interest me, but you're more likely to find me reading books about local history. I took a guide class last year and I'm now a certified tourist guide for our region.
types of weather: Sunny!
vehicles: My bike. Or in a warm car in the winter.
things to do when there's nothing to do: Edit photos.
songs: many! too many!
holidays: Midsummer. Which is the day of the year! also Fettisdag which is the day of semlas.
animals: Dogs. But only the nice ones.

on writing:

what themes do you best like to write about?: Hmm… I'm such a newbie that I'm not sure yet. 
describe your most favorite of all the characters you've created: I haven't created enough to say I have a favorite.
what time of day do you most like to write?: Daytime I think. My head is most sharp during the day.
what is your ideal situation in which to write?: In comfy clothes with a cup of tea, and nothing else to do that day.
do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?: Short and sweet I think….
if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?: LOTR, hands down. Or the parasol protectorate world.
do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?: female
do you enjoy combative elements in writing? why or why not?:  no, I'm not sure I do. It doesn't tempt me to do combative writing but I haven't tried yet though.

astrangecharm

• Life is the creation of the Mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 04:27:45 am »
about the artist:

nicknames/preferred names: Charm, Charming
zodiac sign (for fun!): Cancer
always early, always on time, or better late than never?: If I dont make sure I'm early, I end up being late.
a few words that best describe you: Quirky, Adorable, Occasionally Wise
wake up around 8-11 depending on my work schedule, forget to eat breakfast, play candycrush (SOOO ADDICTING), shower, go to work, come home, and then settle in with some tv and either my computer or my crochet hook and some yarn. I do get out occasionally, but I'm kind of a homebody.

favorites:

colors: Teal, Mint, Grey, Peach
movies: OMG all of them. I am a Netflix fiend. Im gonna have to say- any Disney film, Anything Miyazaki, most of baz lurmans early work, and Jack Lemmon and Shirley Mclane flim from the 60s 'The Apartment'
music: The Steel Drivers, Carnival Palace, Zac Brown band, Most of the Homestuck soundtracks
shows: FRINGE, The walking dead, 12 signs of love, Switched at Birth ( I have a fascination with ASL), 30 rock, Supernatural
things to read (books, comics, manga): Harry Potter Series, anything really. Most stuff Ive been reading lately is too embarasing to mention *cough* Teen Supernatural Fiction *cough*
foods: Sandwiches, Chicken Salad, Limon Chips, Cheese, Icecream, Broccoli
drinks: Rootbeer Floats, Orange soda, Green Smoothie Juice, Hot black tea
games (video, board, etc): Candy Crush, DnD, I used to play video games but not so much anymore
places to sleep: My bed, bitches! (so comfy)
places to draw/write/sing/art: Anywhere the mood strikes me
places to take a walk: My local park that ive known since a child
places to shop (store, website, etc): Target and Modcloth
things to study (academically and/or for pleasure): ASL, Art, Animation
types of weather: Rainy and cold. The exact opposite of what the weather is like where I live.
vehicles: My tiny little Hyundai Accent Hatchback.
things to do when there's nothing to do: Crochet! I do it when I'm in line or have artist's block. Its like meditation for me.
songs: This is what I'm stuck on right now. I just cant pick a favorite
holidays:Halloween! ( I like dressing up)
animals: DOGGIES

on writing:

what themes do you best like to write about?:
Hope in the middle of darkness.
describe your most favorite of all the characters you've created:
 A character for a thread I made a long time ago for an RP on Gaia Online (before all their rp boards went to shit). Leigh Gelding. She was Cold, Restrained, Commanding. Everything Im not in real life. I liked her because she was a challenge to write.
what time of day do you most like to write?:
Its usually later in the day. In the Evening. I do it to unwind.
what is your ideal situation in which to write?: On the couch, with the TV on, On my laptop
what words/phrases tend to pop up most often in your writing?:
I try to keep it varied, so I don't rightly know.
do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?:
I try to land somewhere in the middle. I don't like writing novel length posts- but sometimes they're necessary.
if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?: JK rowling's Potter universe.
do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?:
I like both, but play girls better.
Music mostly.
Most of my conflicts are character driven, not plot.
Eh- Sometimes they're a necessary element, not my cuppa tea.

Pach_Work

• prone to imagination spasms
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 01:13:39 am »
about the artist:

nicknames/preferred names: Pach or Pachy

zodiac sign (for fun!): Scorpio!

always early, always on time, or better late than never?: Early-ish

a few words that best describe you: Slightly childlike and curious, a little playful and sporty, creative, whimsical, sometimes competitive, but otherwise a southern sweetheart that can be sassy when needed.

tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly: SCHOOL OMG. Wake up at 7-ish and go to class, or tennis practice, come back during breaks between class for a nap or to gather some things, check threads and emails and such because I haul my laptop everywhere with me (except to tennis practice, but it has happened before).I am back and forth from campus to my apartment all day, except Tuesdays when I have meetings and then don't get back until about 8. In classes and meetings I daydream, as much as I try to sound studious I'm always somewhere else. I try to stay involved in my sorority, but I am too old for it now and preparing for graduation in December. On weekends I PARTY or STUDY (aka procrastinate by posting in threads or just checking them madly). Basic life of a college student.

favorites:

colors: Yellow is my favorite, but I do love my University crimson tide :)

movies: My favorite all time movie is BABE.

music: There is no way I can do this. I like everything, seriously. BUT I LOVE ANYTHING DANCEABLE.

shows: Once Upon a Time, New Girl, Nashville, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE OMG, Criminal Minds, and lol Spongebob

things to read (books, comics, manga): Fantasy reads. Love Harry Potter, the Hunger Games, and the ever classic fairy tale.

foods: I really love cheese. Cereal, anything coconut and sweets galore.

drinks: Iced sweet tea with lemon, lemonade, sports drinks, COFFEE
games (video, board, etc): I love video games, but the only ones I own are Pokemon lol  :pikachu:

places to sleep: bed, the library (lol) sorority house couches (i have passed out face down on those)

places to draw/write/sing/art: My bed, computer or desk

places to take a walk: I just walk to class

places to shop (store, website, etc): I mostly shop online, but we have plenty of boutiques in my hometown that I like to visit. I mostly just actually buy clothes at TJ Maxxx or Marshalls, though.

things to study (academically and/or for pleasure): I am an advertising and creative writing student, but I also have a love for design/art

types of weather: It can be beachy or snowing, I just want sunshine

vehicles: Does this mean what do I drive? I have a cream Volkswagon bug named Binky, but I desperately need a larger car...

things to do when there's nothing to do: nap

songs: This playlist of evocative music. Beautiful.

holidays: Birthday/Halloween (mine is right near it so I always have the most fun) and Christmas with my family!

animals: baby. pigs.

on writing:

what themes do you best like to write about?: I love fantasy-drama and dark themes, just because I like to bring light into dark situations. Magic and mystery are also themes I enjoy

describe your most favorite of all the characters you've created: I am very attached to my healer character. Her names and personalities vary. What I like about her is the depth that she has, and that she is mysterious until high plot-points when her past comes out and creates a full-circle effect on who she actually is. I have changed certain things about her according to the threads I join, but I enjoy giving someone the ability to care skillfully for others when they may not have had the same care in their own past. I've always found it more effective to keep these types consistent, the healers are never usually the focus out of fantasy RPG characters, so I think that it works well. I don't mind playing a character who is not the main focus, because in stories or shows, I find the ones I know least about the most curious.

what time of day do you most like to write?: middle of the night.

what is your ideal situation in which to write?: When I have time to clearly put a scene out, and I am not procrastinating on something. I enjoy writing anytime, but I would really just like time for it on its own and not when I should be doing something else.

what words/phrases tend to pop up most often in your writing?: This would require way too much thinking for me...

do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?: I like to keep it somewhere in the middle, though I do sometimes tend to drag things out.

if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?: I love writing in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, as well as the world of Steampunk and Pirates! Fairy tales, I just feel like I belong in them.

do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?: Yes. I write a much better female than I do male.

what are some of the things/people/places/works that inspire you?: Music and other people who I find interesting (usually fictional characters)

how do you like to establish conflict in your writing?: Through the base of my characters morals and values as well as personality-conflict comes naturally from interaction with other characters, much like real-life situations, perhaps just more planned.

do you enjoy combative elements in writing? why or why not?: I have to be in the right mood! I more enjoy magically combative elements, since I am no martial artist.

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 02:28:22 pm »
Quote from: Pach the Other Awesome Scorp
zodiac sign (for fun!): Scorpio!

YAY another scorpio!  :unicorn: :goldenflower: :bluetea: :strawberrycake: :choco: :mlprainbow: :mlprainbow: :crown:

*rolls around*

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 06:14:03 pm »
I think we need more of these quizzes. ^_^

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, 09:09:54 am »
about the artist:

nicknames/preferred names: Umm, in the interwebs I'm known as Val a lot, JD, Knees, and Dawn. My real name doesn't "nick" very well, but the one nickname up there from it I've come to grudgingly enjoy.

zodiac sign (for fun!): Sagittarius, but according to a few rare calendars Capricorn

always early, always on time, or better late than never?: A mishmash, it all depends on the thing I am attending.

a few words that best describe you: Loud, talker, stubborn, a fire-cracker(of explosive proportions when provoked, please don't try it, I hate myself when it gets to that point)

tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly: A typical day is waking up to my two curly headed girls, being a mom and the regimental chores, they are both to young for school, so trying to entertain them or help them find something to entertain themselves so I can do projects, cleaning up messes that inevitably ensue, write, read, dance, sing, repeat. Every once in awhile the day is broken up with a movie night with the hubs.

favorites:

colors: Orange, with purple in a close second, blue, yellow, red

movies: Oh man, this list could go on forever, but a few all time favorites- Ever After, Iron Jawed Angels, Stardust, The Princess Bride, V for Vendetta, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Hero, The Joy Luck Club, Serenity, McLintock, The Quiet Man. Seriously... I could go on, but I won't.

music: Anything but heavy/death metal, rap, and scremo. I've found something I've really enjoyed in almost all other genres I've come across.

shows: Castle, Elementary, Sherlock Holmes (The BBC series), Once Upon a Time, Firefly, Alias, Grey's Anatomy, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Criminal Minds, Band of Brothers, M.A.S.H., Naruto, Lois and Clark, cooking shows, MythBusters, History Chanel, Again, I could go on, but I won't, though I realize now there are some major themes in my viewing selections. I'm a sucker for a good mystery and don't I know it.

things to read (books, comics, manga): Books mostly, I have read some manga and comic books, but it was mostly in my High School days. Books for sure though, almost every day, Sharon Shinn, Garth Nix, The Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie, currently The Selection Series by Kiera Cass,  Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, Agatha Cristie, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, David Farland, tons more. Again, I like most genres and I eat up books, though I still need to read many of the "classics"

foods: Breakfast - eggs, bacon, pancakes, french toast, waffles, cold cereal, hot cereal, biscuits and gravy, sausage, toast, jam, cheese, aaaaggghhh *nom nom nom* Yup.

drinks: Ice Cold Water, pink lemonade, fruit punch, V8 Splash -Strawberry Kiwi or Berry Blend, orange juice, water

games (video, board, etc): Another biggie for me- Board- Dominion, Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, Guillotine, Clue, Bang, Balderdash, ImaginIf, Uno, Skip-bo, Malarky, Ticket to Ride, really my family has always played board games forever and we're all really competitive, so yeah... Video- Mass Effect (Still need to finish 3, but hard to do with littlin's that get scared of the monsters), Lego - Indian Jones, Star Wars, Batman (so far with my hubs and our oldest), I've played a lot more than I've kept I frequently play Call of Duty to be cannon fodder for the hubs but I still enjoy it. Halo once upon a time, UO and Diablo many moons ago.

places to sleep: My bed #1, but couches, cuddle bag, next to the kiddos crammed in as best I can on nights with "scary dreams"

places to draw/write/sing/art: Umm... write at my desk in my "office" or on the hubs laptop when I'm not at home, in a notebook- outside in the hammock chair or on the lawn. Sing- anywhere and everywhere, I am a grocery isle singer- mostly only when my daughter insists ^_^, for sure in the car and while I'm cooking/cleaning music is on to keep me moving and to sing to. Art on rare occasions or when on the phone I tend to doodle if I'm not working on chores.

places to take a walk: Park, by the creak, around our neighborhood

places to shop (store, website, etc): Amazon, Thrift Stores, Target, (The dreaded Wal-Mart :X )

things to study (academically and/or for pleasure): College is behind me, double major in Advertising/Communication Studies with a personal emphasis in graphics design. I still dabble personally in Photography, Graphics Design,Sewing, cooking, baking, writing, scripture, drama, flute and hopefully guitar in the next few months.

types of weather: Autumn. I love summer, but nothing beats the smell of wood stoves, baking treats and crisp cool leaf filled air.

vehicles: A Jeep Grand Cherokee and a Chevy Impala. My dream car would be a appox 1967 4 Door Chevy Impala or 1950's Chevy Pick-up, or a Wheelies Jeep, but those are just pipe dreams =]

things to do when there's nothing to do: Haha, nothing to do, ahahah... Umm... Play with my kids, Bake, Read, Chores, Take pictures, graphics design/word art, mess around in Photoshop, chain-reaction watch YouTube, TV

songs: Ooh too many to many to list. I have roughly *cough* 10,000 songs stored digitally.... I love to sing Classic Hymns though some of them have such exquisite harmonies, it's no wonder people get emotional when they sing or hear them.

holidays: Halloween - I am a nut about it. I love dressing up, I love when other people dress up, I've helped random strangers in stores solve costume dilemmas, I think about costumes all the time. But then the 4th of July and Christmas both in close second.

animals: We have two turtles and a fish, my family is trying to talk me into a dog - love them, but don't love cleaning up after them =/

on writing:

what themes do you best like to write about?: Growth, Change, Heartache, Conflict, which seriously can be in anything. I don't like things to be so spelled out, or clearly from A-Z, I like twists and wrenches thrown in the works that make things messy but interesting enough to untangle

describe your most favorite of all the characters you've created: Oh gooses, I don't know. I had one in a Sci-Fi thread several years ago named Zenith that I still think about frequently and wonder how her story would have finished if the thread wouldn't have pettered out. She was tom-boyish in interests, but feminine and emotional and messy and completely clear at the same time. Alana, Valari, Maggie, Discordia, Aidanne... all or so close to my heart and I think of their written and unwritten stories when I lay down at night and can't sleep and I feel bad that they didn't get resolution in many cases. I feel like all of my characters probably have some small part of me, and I can hear them all really clearly most of the time whether they've been written, or are being written or are still waiting for the right thing to come along.

what time of day do you most like to write?: I'm a unrepentant and foolish night owl. Evenings are my favorite though, because then the kiddos are settling down or asleep and I can really focus. Afternoons aren't terrible either (nap time, or when they are occupied by Sesame Street  or She-Ra ^_^)

what is your ideal situation in which to write?: I've learned to roll with adapting situations so much that I don't know that I have an ideal anymore, just when I think I'll have the time/peace to write is usually when there is a loud noise in another room- things falling, someone saying "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry" as someone else is crying, etc. Music though, one thing that is almost always consistent is music.

what words/phrases tend to pop up most often in your writing?: Oh man... adjectives and adverbs probably. I'm a visual thinker so many tiny details that I see in the scene get put in, it's been a problem at times.

do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?: I like to keep things just right but that usually means... large or magnific, though I really can do short when it's called for, I really can. I started out role playing one liners in chat rooms, so I know how to be short and sweet... I'm just usually... not.

if you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?: Gillengaria from Sharon Shinn's Twelve Houses or the world she created for her Samaria Series or the one she created for Elemental Blessings or the one she wrote for the Safe-keeper's Secret/Truth Tellers Tale/Dream Maker's Magic, OR  Marvel, DC, Firefly.

do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?: I prefer to write women since I am one, but I've found in the last year that I have really enjoyed some of the male characters I've created.

what are some of the things/people/places/works that inspire you?: Quotes, music, reading other peoples posts - they always spark an idea or two or ten, poetry.

how do you like to establish conflict in your writing?: Internally generally. I think all conflict starts with personal choice and no matter how you try and justify it, those choices cause reactions either for yourself or more often, others.

do you enjoy combative elements in writing? why or why not?: I don't hate them, I think that some genres it's difficult to write without them, but I think they can get muddy really quickly if not done right.

(Happy Beau? ^_^)

(Oh and I totally was reading/skimming a lot of these posts (since I'm still trying to inhale everything right now being new) right before I posted this and March, we should seriously do a Sharon Shinn thread!!!)

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 09:39:40 am »
i found one of these on tumblr with some great (random) questions. feel free to skip whatever you don't want to answer.

cool questions for cool people.

1. If you were of the opposite gender, what name would you want to have?

2. If you could witness any historical event in person, which one would it be and why?

3. What kind of sandwich best describes your personality?

4. If you became dictator of your country, and you can enact one law that could not be repealed once you are forcibly removed from office, what would that law be?

5. If you could change your skin color to anything outside of the natural palette of skin colors, what color would you choose?

6. What was the last movie you chose not to watch?

7. If you were a farmer, what would you grow?

8. What do you miss the most?

9. What is your favorite sequel film?

10. Rural area, small town, suburb, or big city?

11. What is your favorite month, excluding whichever month contains your birthday?

12. What is your favorite type of pie?

13. Do you prefer rivers, lakes, or oceans?

14. What is your favorite font?

15. What is the highest number of cats you can imagine yourself owning?

16. What is your opinion on 80's music?

17. What is your least favorite casual dining establishment?

18. You are allowed one beverage and one candy for the rest of your life. What would you choose?

19. What song did you most recently get tired of due to its overplaying?

20. What is your favorite piece of clothing?

21. What is your favorite vegetable?

22. Who is your favorite fictional villain?

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
let's get to know each other!
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 01:34:18 pm »

I would love to be named Ginseng. I'm asian and I think that'd give me that porno-edge that I'd enjoy while partying, and then I'd become this artsy serious girl so you'd be afraid of commenting or joking about my name while sober and I'd in some high prestige school. I would also drive a fully electrical car, and I'd drive it well.

2. If you could witness any historical event in person, which one would it be and why?

The uncovering of some mythical creature. This would be in the future of course. If you have to ask why then this is the wrong forum for you.

Bloody steak with egg painted, shiny bread. It's raw and natural on the inside, maybe even a little deceased, but polished and proper on the outside. Leave it long enough and things will start to soak through.

4. If you became dictator of your country, and you can enact one law that could not be repealed once you are forcibly removed from office, what would that law be?

Prisons should be at the edge of what every individual person can take. Isolation and very minimalistic so as to save funding for school and offenders who have been deemed insane rather than evil. Nutrients through drinks. No to very little electricity.

5. If you could change your skin color to anything outside of the natural palette of skin colors, what color would you choose?

Red shadows and some pale gray for tone. I'd love green bruises. And then when I bled, it would be red too, but on my skin it would look pink. It'd be so pretty that once you started, you couldn't stop cutting me or beating me up.

A fair but not good enough screen rip of The Mortal Instruments. I saw a little but I think it'll do better in full hd, so I suppose I'll wait for either that rip, or buy it on blue ray. Some movies do better grainy, but this one seemed it should have the full treatment.

Hyper oats, or something like it. I like the idea of almost all food coming from one original plant. For reals, I think I'd like to grow water lilies or something like that. I don't like trudging around in water that can be infested with snakes and whatnot, but I would like to look on my fields and go "Waterworld! Whoho!"

Olly, my black lab. He was a person, and like some people, he had bad breath toward the end. I would also like the post frequency in others that we used to have when I just got into RPing. Remember those days?

The one to the matrix, I think. I love when love gets to beat out all the other things. I feel good about the Pacific Rim sequel that might not happen. Obviously terminator 2 needs a mention. I like how Jumper was sort of a sequel to the new Star Wars movies.

Suburb! I hear good things about the insanity lurking underneath the facade. Big city seems too crazy on the nose and small towns have a quaint sort of crazy that quite frankly is boring. Plus I like dogs, and they seem to do well in suburbs, even if small towns would probably be better for that.

11. What is your favorite month, excluding whichever month contains your birthday?

Has to be June, because there's so much promise of the coming summer in June. All the winter anxiety is over. April too, because then you usually get to bring out the stylish jackets that aren't entirely there to keep you warm.

I like good apple, but lately I've been craving blueberry, even if it's a bit tart. Has to have vanilla sauce though, lots of it, whichever pie it is. Or coconut pie with coconut sauce. Served inside the shell of a coconut.

Oceans. See Void Songs. I've always had a romantic attachment to the ocean. Obviously rivers are too reminiscent of strife and lakes are too much like bad moments or insecurities. The ocean doesn't even register as something I could relate to, it sort of becomes the symbol of the world to me, and that's hopeful.

Time New Roman. If I had a tattoo that's the font I'd use.

I don't like cats, but I'm not heartless, so whichever number of cats the guy with a gun is threatening to kill if I don't take them in. I would hope that after that, though, that I could just release them back into the woods so they wouldn't bother me, or maybe back to hell, where I hear they come from.

I have a bit of a hard time differentiating (I spelled that right on the first try!) between 80's and 90's. Modern Talking is 80's right? I like it, either way. Epic slow electric guitars are awesome, if that puts me in either pocket.

I dislike KFC morally, but have never eaten there. McDonalds have given me too many good childhood memories. I'd have to say Swedish Frasses, since they fall exactly between everything, and I've actually tried it.

18. You are allowed one beverage and one candy for the rest of your life. What would you choose?

Coconut juice and some toffee/caramel bar. As a dental hygienist I must advice against the last one.

Coup d'etat by G-Dragon. It's good and the video is very good, but it's a bit repetive. Also Avichi's Wake me up when it's all over-song. I just don't get it. It's no fun at all.

My balmain fw 2012 biker jacket replica. I want to own something sleaker with a brando cut, but right now the balmain is the perfect blend of of details and understatement. ANd its a thick one, who would have thought!

I do like onion in pretty much anything. They make onion jam, did you know? It's pretty good for savory foods.

Dr Hiritani Sensei, from Night Shift Nurses. Or Catwoman. She's the only criminal who's actually made Batman change his entire moral coda. She's like, the master mind of the entire franchise. But since we're on DC I should probably say Gotham itself. Holy balls that's an evil city. Imagine if Clack Kent had been born there. There would be no universe.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 02:22:32 pm »

Julian. i have some odd fascination with the name, and i really like the nickname Jules.

woodstock. it seems like a good time.

blt? fuck, i just like bacon. bacon sandwich.

stop cutting down the damn rainforest. seriously, stop fucking doing it.

after some consideration, the rainforest can burn. i want the word and action "selfie" permanently removed from existence. you want to take a picture of yourself? then get out of the fucking bathroom and stop pursing your lips together.

a soft, sky blue. i keep thinking of that one singing alien chick in the fifth element, but i want the color softer than that.

probably some holiday garbage on the liftime/hallmark network. i choose not to watch those constantly.

sunflowers. i like the idea of acres and acres of sunflowers and then doing some movie about it or something. it should be a tragic movie too.

the times when cellphones weren't so crucial. i like having real conversations. it'd also be nice to see the world rid of the words hashtag, instagraming, and selfie. i especially hate selfie and snapchat, fuck that too.

toy story 3.

the big city or a suburb. i've never lived in a big city before, and i'd like to try it at least once.

either october or december. it doesn't get bitterly cold here, and i'm more partial to cooler temperatures than to unbearably hot ones, which we have much more of.

i don't like pie.

oceans. the only river i have any experience with is muddy, rapid, and mexico is on the other side, and lakes are really cold.

arial.

all of them. bring. it. on.

i like it in 80's movies.

i hate taco bell. i absolutely loathe it.

vanilla coke and reeses. i just love chocolate and peanut butter.

royals by lorde. it's everywhere and i'm tired of it.

i really love this forest green jacket that i have with gold buttons. it's long but it works for me, which is rare, because long pieces of clothing usually don't work for me. i'm vertically challenged in case you didn't know.

potato.

cruella devill. her name literally means cruel devil, and she wants to kill over a hundred puppies so she can WEAR THEM. if that's not evil, i don't know what is.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:24:56 pm by Lightning »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • A Tempest Must Be Just That
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 10:57:26 pm »
1.   If you were of the opposite gender, what name would you want to have?

Octavius. I am not kidding. If it wasn’t that, it would be August. I am also very tempted to say Lucifer, because that is a fantastic name and I love it.

So many historical people I want to punch, so little time…oh, ok, one event, just one? Let me see Octavius, Antony, and Lepidus form the triumvirate and let me see them proscribe Cicero. I need to know who does it.

A grilled pear sandwich with chipotle sauce.

That they cannot remove me from power under any circumstances. I AM THEIR GOD, I RULE AFTER MY DEATH.

Actual white? Is that outside the natural palette? Um, if not that, maybe a really pale purple or blue. I want to be pale, still.

Cirque De Soliel or something like that.

Strawberries and corn.

Home.

Terminator 2, only because it was superior to Terminator 1.

Small town/Suburb.
Either one.

October. Halloween, Apples, and the RenFest is still going on in that month. Oh, and haunted houses and horror movies~and horror games~.

Strawberry Rhubarb.

Lakes, probably because I’ve never seen the ocean.

Palatino Linotype

Imagine? 100s. Reality? 4-5 cats, most. *Maybe* 8…20…50…

As good as any other era of music.

Wendy’s fast food restaurant.

Coffee and Almond Joy. No contest.

Seven Devils by Florence+The Machine…I overplayed it myself.

Red dress. I have a specific red dress in mind, but really, I just love red dresses.

Tomatoes. I can eat them like apples.

This took a lot of thought, because villains in general are my favorite characters. I mean, there’s Maleficent, Scar, The Master, Randall Flagg, Kuja, and oh-so many others. However, I’ve narrowed it down. My favorite, because he has had the most influence, is O’Brien of 1984.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 02:24:53 am »

Gabriel and I would not be okay with having it shortened into Gabby or Gab. I would still be shabby at all sports and watch soap opera clips on my computer and cry when I watch cartoons. I'd probably have an on again, off again, thing with an chick named Ginseng. She'd walk all over me and I'd never know what to do about it. I might also try to seduce Octavius because, well, his name is Octavius, but then Ginseng would have at thing with him and leave me broken hearted and confused.

I'm stuck on this question. I filled out all the others and came back to this. Most of the historical events I can think of that I might want to see are in times and places that I would simply not like to be.

A dorito sandwich. It's kind of unhealthy and unreasonable but cute and you can't have it too much or you'll get chubby. Yeah... somehow that's me and not just the sandwich I'm thinking about.

I would make it a law that politicians had to be held accountable for their words. So if they tell horrible lies (not promises they can't manage to keep but damnable untruths that can be proven by science and common sense, lies that then get treated as truths by fringe groups of society and thus effect the reasoning capabilities of the entire nation) that they should be removed from office and possibly charged with treason against their country.

Opalescent! So that I shimmer and I want it to be a little transparent too so that my veins and tissue and muscles show through at certain angles.

Treachery. It seemed to be about a father and mother with their adult son and his girlfriend staying over and the father had slept with his sons girlfriend. Needless to say, it did not catch my fancy.

Potatoes! I know it's not glamorous but they grow well up here and it's not so difficult a crop.

Family.

I want to say Catching Fire because I just saw it and it was delightful. Dark Knight was a pretty great sequel since I hated the one before it.

Anywhere as long as it's with him.

July.

The chocolaty one that doesn't have baked fruit bits in it!

Oceans! I love the ocean so long as I'm not going in it. If I have to go into a body of water I guess I'd choose a lake? I don't know... which is less likely to have monsters?

Times New Roman.

1/4

Uh... I have that unicorn game song in my head now..

KFC.

How can you hate the Taco Bell, lightning!? I hear they even have dorito taco shells now!

Water (yes, I'm going to be THAT person! I would get so sad without water..) and peanut m&ms.

Hmm... I don't really get tired of songs I like. I can't stand the new avichi one, not the one Verse mentioned... another one with the Brother Where Art Thou guy.

I'm not sure. I wear through all of my clothes eventually so I don't have a standing favorite... Nothing I wouldn't replace if I could.

Currently, spinach.

My first thought was Ursilla. I loved her when I was little. She tried so hard to get what she wanted. I also like Ubabba in Spirited Away. And I sympathized a lot with the evil queen in Snow White and the Huntsman.

In a different direction of villains- I love Boyd Crowder in Justified and Hannibal Lecter and most recently the latest Dracula.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 12:40:26 am »
1. If you were the opposite gender what name would you have?

I like Beau.  Male/Female I think I’d lust over it either way.  Spelled correctly, rather than a vowel missing Boo.

Martin Luther King’s “I have a dream” speech.  I cried the first time I heard it.  I still cry when I hear it.  I’ve been to the Lincoln Memorial and I feel a certain connection.  Hard to describe.  I’m not a minority, but something about all of god’s children joining hands speaks to me.

Tuna.  There’s something fishy about me.  On sourdough bread for San Francisco. 

Equal pay for equal work.

Purple.  I like purple.

Captain Phillips.  Although I don’t have a good reason except that I wasn’t in the mood for intense drama…the three times it was proposed as an option.   We went to action movies instead.

Tomatoes seem to be the only thing that really produces in our garden – so I might have to say that to avoid being depressed by the brown leaf carnage.  Although I think having an almond orchard would be cool, and I’ve used that for a character.

Living alone.  There are days when I struggle with family underfoot and the responsibility it means.

Empire Strikes Back.  Love, love, love that film.

Small town.    I like beach and mountain resort communities, and downtowns with some character that one can walk to.

October.  Fall.  Halloween.  The smell of rain and leaves.

I don’t eat pie.  I might scoop out the apples if there is ice-cream but I hate the crust.  If mudpie counts (ice-cream with cookie shell) then I’d say that, but I don’t like the taste of the pie crust/pastry so I opt out of the traditional type.

Tough call.  I’d put lake at the bottom of the list since I’m not into boats and I’m not a strong swimmer.  Oceans are cool to look at.  Rivers have better sound.  Probably a tie.

Georgia

Three.  We have two now. I’ve never owned more than two, but every once in a while I get the “kitten” urge.

It’s better than 70s music.

Denny’s. 

Dr. Pepper.  Peanut Butter Cups.  I don’t typically eat or drink those – they are saved for special calorie splurge (e.g. see in grocery store checkout line during road trip) impulse purchases.

Unconditional by Katie Perry. All songs by Katie Perry have a shelf life of two playings – they seem cool, but then…yeah….  Miley Cyrus Wrecking Ball is also rapidly becoming a channel flipper.

Brown Leather Jacket (note the capitals).  Before BLJ there was a bomber jacket (BJ) with all the patches.  I like jackets. 

Potato 

Darth Vader.  “Luke – I am your father”.  No one will ever beat that.

(*sigh*  Okay, I have posts to do.....)

Snorlax

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2013, 07:58:14 pm »
About the Artist:

Nicknames/Preferred Names: I've been known by a number of names over the years, primarily Angelus and the variations thereof. To be honest, toward the end I wished to get away from the name and some of its weight. The only name of old I really find myself still embracing is Snorlax. Lately I've taken up the nickname of Zaradros, but at the very base of it all I'm known to a few as just Matt.
Zodiac Sign (for fun!): Aries
Always early, always on time, or better late than never?: Early on the verge of on time.
A few words that best describe you: Reserved, awkward.
Tell us about a typical day in your life and the things you like to do regularly: Sleep, read, play games, attempt to write.

Favorites:

Colors: Blue, particularly of the royal or light shades.
Movies: Star Wars, Dark Knight trilogy.
Music: Ed Sheeran, Skillet, Three Days Grace, Fall Out Boy, movie soundtracks.
Shows: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Archer, Community, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Modern Family, Once Upon a Time, South Park.
Things to read (books, comics, manga): A Song of Ice and Fire, Shannara series, Star Wars. (Open to Fantasy suggestions.)
Foods: Pizza, caesar salad.
Drinks: Water, Rum and Coke.
Games (video, board, etc): Pokemon, World of Warcraft, Sims 3, tabletop RP.
Places to sleep: If sleep can be achieveed, it doesn't matter where.
Places to draw/write/sing/art: Somewhere quiet, peaceful, solitary.
Places to take a walk: Anywhere quiet.
Types of weather: Rain.
Things to do when there's nothing to do: Read, Reddit.
Songs: Give Me Love - Ed Sheeran, Hurt - Johnny Cash.
Holidays: Halloween.
Animals: Cats, Dogs, Penguins.

On Writing:

What themes do you best like to write about?: High/Epic Fantasy.
Describe your most favorite of all the characters you've created: I've created a lot of characters over the years but until recently the creation process has been extremely basic. This year I created my most indepth and easily favorite character, a High Elf Paladin named Zaradros Whiteblade.
What time of day do you most like to write?: Day or night, if I can find the peace of mind to be able to focus on writing, I take hold of the opportunity and squeeze all I can out of it.
What is your ideal situation in which to write?: Quiet, preferably with no one and nothing to distract me. Finding the focus or motivating factor to be able to sit down and write is still rather difficult.
Do you like to keep things short and sweet, or long and magnific?: I try to be short and sweet with things, but wordiness can be a problem.
If you were to write in an already established fictional world, which would you choose?: Star Wars. Pokemon, for RP.
Do you prefer to play a certain gender of character?: I find myself able/willing to write/play either gender.
What are some of the things/people/places/works that inspire you?: Anything related to the ideas in my head can inspire me.

Cool Questions for Cool People.

1. If you were of the opposite gender, what name would you want to have? Alicia.
2. If you could witness any historical event in person, which one would it be and why? The first colonization of another planet. Still counts if it's not an historical event from our lifetime, right?
3. What kind of sandwich best describes your personality? I don't have an answer for this, but I want a sandwich now.
4. If you became dictator of your country, and you can enact one law that could not be repealed once you are forcibly removed from office, what would that law be? That, as Glorious Leader or not, I have immunity and can do as I please when I please.
5. If you could change your skin color to anything outside of the natural palette of skin colors, what color would you choose? Something blue.
6. What was the last movie you chose not to watch? Far too many to choose from, I don't remember the last one I avoided.
7. If you were a farmer, what would you grow? Money Trees(If only this was the Sims). Apple trees are a close second.
8. What do you miss the most? Stability in my life. The girl I was involved with for the last couple years, who disappeared without a word.
9. What is your favorite sequel film? Difficult to choose. One of the Harry Potters perhaps.
10. Rural area, small town, suburb, or big city? Small town. Bit more peaceful than the city, but not as reclusive as living in the middle of nowhere.
11. What is your favorite month, excluding whichever month contains your birthday? My birth month isn't my favorite even if it counted. Easily May. Snow has melted, good weather has come, but hasn't given way to the unbearable Summer heat/humidity.
12. What is your favorite type of pie? Apple.
13. Do you prefer rivers, lakes, or oceans? Lakes.
14. What is your favorite font? At the moment, Calibri.
15. What is the highest number of cats you can imagine yourself owning? Two or three.
16. What is your opinion on 80's music? Not terrible, not the greatest.
17. What is your least favorite casual dining establishment? I haven't been to many restaurants to have an opinion.
18. You are allowed one beverage and one candy for the rest of your life. What would you choose? Chocolate Milk, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.
19. What song did you most recently get tired of due to its overplaying? I don't listen to radio much, I try to avoid overdoing it when listening to music.
20. What is your favorite piece of clothing? Dress shirt.
21. What is your favorite vegetable? Carrot.
22. Who is your favorite fictional villain? Anakin Skywalker(Novelized version)/Darth Vader.

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2013, 02:18:16 am »

So bloody many to choose from. I have to go with the name of the character I've had the longest. Alexander (or Alex for short, which I'm pretty sure is cheating, since "Alex" can be unisex)

Today's choice is simply summed up thus: Robin Hood.

I'm NOT A SAMMICH... I'm a toasty! Mmmmm toasty. (What could possibly be inside? I'm not even sure I know!)

I don't know. I'm a bit of a hippy at heart, there's a hell of a lot of changes I'd want to make. I'd like to make things a lot less capitalist, but wouldn't have the faintest clue how to go about that, so I'd just retire to a farm somewhere and be happy and a hermit.

Can I be purple AND glittery?

There have been a few. I started watching... I can't even remember what it was, it got turned off.

EVERYTHING!

Simplicity.

*hides from oncoming death glares and thrown rocks* Two Towers.

Small town

I actually don't like my birthday month for various reasons. (Same damn music on nights out being one of them. Bloody Christmas songs!) I love October though. ^_^ HALLOWEEN!!

Someone said pie? Where's the pie? GIMMEE!

Rivers

Papyrus or Comic Sans. (Or they used to be, I'm slowly getting used to HAVING to use Ariel or Times New Roman for Uni work)

ALL THE CATS

*Will not write the song that's playing in my head in answer to this question*

Anything massively corporate and driven towards feeding people a large amount of what constitutes as 'meat' in a burger now a days.

Levi Roots Carribean Crush and Reeces PB cups. <3

ALL the generic seasonal Christmas Music. Always -_-

The hippy hoodie I stole from my boyfriend...

MUSHROOMS

She's considered a villain, so it counts; Elphalba Thropp aka The Wicked Witch of the West.