News: 
Paragraphite

Thoroughbred Read 2096 times

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Thoroughbred
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2017, 09:23:06 pm »
So, I'm thinking of having Grayson see Phellar rape Hiev, do nothing about it and then blackmail one or both of them later on. It can totally backfire at some point and get him killed. I think he's going to be working toward getting into Hayden's locked down hospital room and waking him up.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2017, 09:31:21 pm »
Plotting! Good!

We don't have enough climbers in the story yet. Watch away.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2017, 09:32:11 pm »
bum bum bum! I was going to ask if Fern should know about Hayden, what with her somewhat tracking toward a career in law. Perhaps she has been working to see if there's a way to quietly move Hayden to a hospital or private care off Versailles property while maintaining their ability to watch over him, that kind of thing?

She could pretty easily get tangled in Grayson's stuff then... between whatever she's doing to counter efforts to bring Hayden back and whatever she ends up being privy to if she still floats around Chrysanthemum at all. Like, if Grayson does end up dying... I dunno... some combined effort from Wicker and Fern to protect Idella could be part of it? I dunno.

Also, I could see Scarlett being willing to give Ebelt dirt on Phellar if there brews any sort of revenge plot against him for Hiev's honor. About the kid or his captive girl. Dunno what she'd want traded for that info though.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2017, 09:40:17 pm »
Would she do it for the drama? And if she hints at having something that might help in the situation, Ebelt might want to trade anything, if he suspects its the good stuff.

If Fern and Wicker in addition to Phellar want Grayson down, I don't see him lasting long.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2017, 09:43:03 pm »
I'm thinking of getting him on Phellar's good side somehow. You know, snakes with snakes. And Phellar might be interested in Hayden's return? Chaos in Hyacinth and maybe more distractions from his own bad deeds? All while Grayson is blackmailing Hiev. Cus let's face it, Hiev seems way more blackmailable than Phellar.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2017, 07:04:41 am »
I think Phellar is a remnant from the time of bad kings, he's just endured because he was more selfish and evil. and because he's nice.

But yes, he wouldn't mind Hayden coming back, even though he enjoys the Hyacinth court more right now, he likes when things are stirred up. Unless it about himself.

Hiev most probably lends himself well to blackmailing.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2017, 08:38:45 pm »
I have decided that there will be jokers/jesters (I don't know which, yet) in Rose and Chrysanthemum.

It'll basically be their best artist. It can be a painter or a dancer, or a poet. Their top artist which is promised a bright future. It'll be sort of the king/queen of the arts, and desirable among those who are inclined toward that expression. If you houses want to have one too, it'd be awesome

I will of course somehow lace this with Lyanna and Hermes, somehow.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2017, 08:47:51 pm »
That's a cool idea. I like it. I think I will extend the practice to Jasmine as well... and perhaps something of a patronage system. Well-regarded practitioners of any particular talent can receive patronage from a title holder in Jasmine. This extends a certain amount of protection to said artisan via the title of their patron and may also come with some amount of funds transfer from the patron's trust to support the artist's talent without diminishing their own funds.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2017, 07:02:06 am »
Oh! I like the patron idea! Maybe it comes from a time/tradition where artists or expressionists of any kind usually don't have the time/desire for monetary gain since they're so into whatever they're doing.

Also thought maybe the Hyacinth house might have a particularly skilled smith as their main contender/current jester/joker. Just a suggestion to show the houses and their different personalities through their joker.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2017, 10:09:08 pm »
Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry I've taken so long. I honestly haven't turned on my computer since Sunday. I'm still in this though! I'll get a post up this weekend!

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2017, 01:56:19 am »
No rush at all, Ara! I'd much rather go slow and have you on board than not have the thread. I hope everything is going well!

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2017, 01:59:45 am »
Posted! Really hoping I didn't forget anything. Oh, these bitches are so catty!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2017, 09:26:15 am »
About to get cattier.

duel soon! Need diversion for Hiev's education!

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2017, 12:15:45 pm »
Venom! Did you figure out what you wanted to be the dark drama of Sable's death? I wouldn't mind making Grayson involved, witness, or villain in that!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2017, 02:03:46 pm »
Also, ven, as Phellar is pushed away, he'd leave a little pinch on the skin of her back, it'll bruise and look a little like a butterfly, unless she's somehow able to avoid it.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2017, 03:58:31 pm »
Ara! I would love to have Grayson involved. Right now I'm thinking Hayden might have orchestrated the car crash. Probably without the intention to kill Sable, but with the hope of instilling a very pointed lesson. Maybe Sable stood up for someone Hayden was targeting. Sable wouldn't have been vying for the crown or anything, but he would have seemed threatening... so Hayden might have tried to quiet him down. The crash ends up being worse than anyone anticipated and Sable dies. Wist and Fern are so caught up in keeping his personal belongings from being reclaimed by Versailles (for sentimental reasons) that they hardly even bother to look closer at the accident. Something recently will have gotten Wisteria digging again. Maybe Grayson ended up with Sable's title in the aftermath? Like, he could have had nothing to do with the actual incident, but helped play some quick cover up for Hayden after things went wrong... getting rid of evidence or w/e. Up to you? Or, if Grayson wants/needs dirt on Idella, maybe he was a witness and wants to frame Idella now? I'm open to however you'd like to insert him, really!

Verse, duly noted. I never let my characters avoid bruises, you know that. Hahaha

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2018, 05:11:29 pm »
How about the car crash was Hayden's desire but Grayson made it happen? In an attempt to get himself a position--ending up with Sable's? Framing Idella might totally be a move he tries though!

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2018, 04:44:41 am »
I like it! Are we going to assume that they just meant to rough up/scare Sable, or do you think Grayson would have intended to have him die?

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2018, 11:04:27 am »
Could have been told to "teach him a lesson" by Hayden and decided to make it worse, to make a new spot for himself? Unless you want it less intentional?

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2018, 05:22:46 pm »
Nah, that works for me. I just wasn't sure exactly how villainous you were planning to make Grayson. Hahaha. That all sounds great.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2018, 10:03:07 pm »
Oh, he's going to be a monster. I'm going to have him see what happens between Phellar and Heiv, do nothing about it, and then later shame and blackmail Heiv to help him get Hayden awake again....

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2018, 09:39:37 am »
Feel free to keep torturing Hermes about little mentions at Phellar, if you want Ven.

Ara, you can continue the duel if you want. I just wanted to give Wicker the win if you wanted. I was also thinking of a malfunction with the chrysanthemum sword, if you would like to continue, so obviously I'm good either way.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2018, 04:08:05 pm »
I'm adding Gloria into my mix! Verse, I'm thinking maybe she could have been close with Ebelt and helped him gain the throne back in the day? Then super disappointed when he gave it to Heiv, but always appearing supportive publicly, so as to maintain the unified image of Rose. But now I'm thinking she's a big old schemer! Maybe plotting with Grayson. Planning to pull weeds from the gardens...

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2018, 07:59:10 pm »
Glorioa is gorgeous! And yes, their history makes perfect sense. Maybe they were well synced, getting him to the throne, and that relationship suffers now, quietly, and they both feel it. He feels bad for it, when he thinks about it, and she can have turned to scheming instead.

He could have promised her a higher post, but now sees it like strange favoritism since he's not the king. I feel like he's inclined to give her anything she asks for, though, so she could use that with her scheming. I can even imagine her offering her a position of queen, and her not taking it because it feels like pity, I dunno, does that work for her, you think?

He might even defend her if she's accused if she ever slips with her scheming. I  imagine he might also get defensive with her, since she's a blaring reminder of what he could/should have been, when they're on their own.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2018, 11:07:07 pm »
Ara, was thinking to have Luna mentioning to Idella that Cereus appeared to be digging back into Sable's history a bit more, as it might be relevant to the crown to know. Nothing major... just like. Goodwill between kings or w/e.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2018, 07:35:59 pm »
ladies and gentlemen I give you

Hadron, taken name, real name Marlon

Hadron was a good knight with tendencies toward violence, but had become proficient in reeling it in by the time the Hyacinth madness started. He went above and beyond fighting for Wicker’s and Idella’s cause, but never really came back to them after that. He stayed for a couple of months after Hyacinth opened up again, but was ultimately discontent about the new court and its stability, so he was propositioned by Phellar and accepted.

Before his abrupt change of values, he was hoping to be a tattoo artist and was a good friend of Alios because of it. They don’t see each other anymore. Even though Hadron keeps a rather bright exterior, it’s not lost on anyone that there is a deeply rooted wrath inside. It comes out in his explosive, extended punches and his needlessly volatile cqc tactics. Back when he and Idella used to spar, going through the ranks together, he was calmer, and concerned about his opponents. It seems now as though he’s angry at his former self for having denied this new side for so long. Phellar lets him run wild when there’s no immediate task for him.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2018, 07:41:51 pm »
Figuring Idella's ol' army buddy. Maybe he hates Phellar a little for nurturing this side in Hadron? I also wanted a "freer" player to play with. He's open for anything. He is easily directed, like a bazooka, but I don't think super easy to control? I dunno. He's looking for a cause.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2018, 09:18:53 am »
Oh my gosh. I wanna hate him but.. look at him! O_O

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2018, 09:20:23 am »
And, Verse, I love the ideas for Gloria. We can kind of makeup/develop their backstory as we go based on that, I think.

And Ven, it seems like Hadron might have derailed their Kingly conversation for a bit... lol

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2018, 10:25:52 am »
I feel like it should go without saying, but if I ever forget to respond to a character, you guys can tell me. I keep adding characters! I love it. ^_^