News: 
Paragraphite

Thoroughbred Read 4507 times

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Thoroughbred
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2017, 11:23:01 pm »
Lya is sooo gorg. Xmas right back at me.

And Ms Tanaka is her friend! People are gonna flip. Not entirely sure how Phellar is gonna weave this in, but somehow it has to happen. Can't wait for the ball, people!

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2017, 01:45:26 pm »
Party soon!

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2017, 03:40:21 pm »
For the sake of coordinating histories:

Fern and Wist know each other from around the time his friend died. Said friend had not been officially part of an estate yet, but he seemed to be leaning toward Hyacinth. Died in a car wreck as he was on his way back to Versailles. Fern helped Wisteria secure many of his belongings before they were distributed to Versailles as a corporate entity. They stopped talking after all of it was over; they'd gotten along well but the terms of their meeting had been poor... it left the friendship awkward to maintain.

Wist has been floating around Cereus because he has heard a few things that lead him to believe an older Chrysanthemum prince, graduated now, might have been involved in his friend's crash. He's digging where it's not helpful and where he shouldn't but digging nonetheless.

Nothing like. Super juicy. But still.

Oh, and I'm thinking like... because Almi is so good natured and Luna is Luna with her agreeable, fairly well controlled image... nobody is super sure that they are/will be anything other than good friends with a working relationship? That way Hiev is kind of "on the inside" with catching that there might be some other potential there?

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2017, 07:41:07 pm »
Backstories! I should contribute to these too. I can see potential for storylines with Fern and Wist.

Am I correcting in guessing there's been no real movement romantically between Almi and Luna then? Time for Hiev to meddle!

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2017, 09:30:32 pm »
Mmmmm input from Ara needed, of course, but I kind of assume they're both semi-oblivious to it despite getting on well? Meddle away!

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2017, 12:38:15 pm »
You guys get all chatty at night while I'm at work! Yes, I think Ven nailed it. They're oblivious so meddling might be needed! Maybe others that know them think it's obvious or that they're hiding something so it could lead to some gossip if our gossipy characters want to have at it?

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2017, 01:28:49 pm »
Ven! I didn't mean to be short, but I was trying to give Fern a chance to outfit change so we can move everyone to the party!

Anyone noticed we have no Queens!?

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2017, 06:21:46 pm »
Hahaha... I did notice. But I mean... king just sounds cooler. Luna thinks so, at least. Does Ebelt semi count as a queen due to his relationship with Hiev?

Also, sorry if posting from me is a little slow right this second. Thanksgiving and all that.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2017, 02:07:51 pm »
Ven, I got presumptuous and made Grayson and Scarlet friendly.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2017, 02:24:43 pm »
VERSE! ALIOS! ALIOS! I almost forgot but where the hell is that sexy beast!? If Ven gets a scruffy dancer, I should get Alios.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2017, 03:10:43 pm »
Alios coming up! I'mma make some sheets!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2017, 04:38:03 pm »
Alios

Spade, Knight of Jasmine

A part of the pagan movement under Luna and plays with the thought of joining the Vespertines. Likes to crush leafs and extract pollen. The chemistry teacher gave him full reign of the lab long ago but he doesn't invent that much anymore, but isn't he adorable with protective goggles and no shirt under his white coat. Genius, probably, but he doesn't hold that very high. His EQ is his most treasured attribute, at least of his non-anatomical ones.

Friendly as a child and help babysit when he was nearing Garden age. Was a serious student for other's approval for about half a year, when his love for endorphins bloomed. He's a do-gooder but he dresses like a demon sometimes. He is wanted in parties outside Versailles and uses his low, happy voice on some tracks currently on the radio. You're probably using the brand of shampoo he's spokesman for.

Alios will always love you. Isn't it strange he's never been in a serious entwinment? And yet, very few broken hears around him. Maybe you think all of this makes him lonely? Maybe you'll save him?

Maybe you try and have the time of your life.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2017, 05:16:23 pm »
 /drool

Wicker will be sexually harassing him in that joking but no joking sort of way. A lot.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2017, 05:17:34 pm »
Iora Flell

Instructor of History and Etiquette/Versailles Conduct

Ms. Flell knows everything there is to know about this prestigious place. She always wanted to have grown up here, but was brought up in a home of academicians, miserably never rejected by her parents. Her interest in the orphanage lead her to write several papers on it, during which she forged contacts that eventually landed her a position on the faculty.

There is no secret rank weighs heavily in any classroom here, but teachers are told early not to play favorites. Iora completely ignores this, and will give a king the highest grade if they sign up.

Going in she was hoping to seep in the atmosphere but has yet to feel included in the lavish lives of the students. Persistence turned to bitterness and since she couldn't turn it on her bluebloods, she is kind of hard to deal with if you're not of the student body. She obsesses over the higher titles and is let run rampant since she is in charge of chronicling the events of Versailles. In her secret, indulgently fine, leather bound diary she writes of hopes that she might share a sordid romance with one of the budding stags, hopefully with a pretty title.

Hates Jen Tanaka fiercely for her popularity with the boys. Keeps inserting herself into the poetry teacher's business because of her obsessive tendencies.

Will likely become an ingredient in the plan of any ambitious schemer under any house. She might welcome the deceit.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2017, 05:19:05 pm »
Go for it, ara! I do so enjoy playing a hedonist.

Would love to open Iora up for anyone else, or maybe an NPC? Either way, I'll include her in the story.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2017, 05:22:42 pm »

Grayson
Diamond. Prince of Hyacinth.

Unlike most of his generation, now making up the top tier of Versailles, Grayson knew exactly what he was getting in to when he was recruited into Hyacinth under the reign of Hayden. Hyacinth presented a pleasant front with toothy smiles then, barely hiding an underbelly of violent social climbing. The court of Hyacinth was an ever changing, bloody thing back then--a ladder made to be climbed with claws and teeth. Grayson had joined for that challenge, for the climb of his life and the thrill of keeping his place. It all went to shit before he even got to start, all because of some knights and their need to do the right thing. Fuck the right thing, Grayson is bored and looking for something, anything, to make life thrilling.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2017, 06:18:13 am »
Oh my gosh, seriously guys like... don't hesitate to assume whatever relationships/histories you want with my characters. Scarlett especially. She'll be friendly with and trot just about anyone through her bedroom to keep a good network and get good stories.

Also, in other news... I decided to save Vanity in Dust for Thanksgiving break so I could get some solid reading time in and I binged over half of it last night. It's so good, Ara!! Although the book cover just has me picturing Verse as Vaun and I've ended up reading most of him with the same mental voice I think I have for a lot of Verse's characters here. Which is great fun. I've been showing the book to my family and stuff too. Just for the bragging rights of having a signed copy and all. Hahaha. But seriously. Amazing work. I'm so psyched it's a series.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2017, 06:43:51 pm »
Aaaaand Alios is in play.

Vaun's love of jackets is a direct connection between him and I. I wear less magic and more... musk though.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2017, 06:47:20 pm »
Also his hate of coffee!

Ven! Thank you so much for all the nice words. And thanks again for buying it. I really do hope you enjoy it!

Oh my god, Verse... I can't wait to read Alios. I'm going there now!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2017, 08:48:26 am »
seeing Phellar and Luna in one spot might make Grayson and/or Scarlett comment on the fact that they're both picturesque people with dark hair and silver eyes. Grayson especially might suggest they might be siblings.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2017, 09:42:06 am »

My name is Ismaela, and I write this in anger.

I work for two men who share the same name. They are one heart. Their name is Phellar, king of the Chrysanthemum house.

I was raised like all of you, to be better than the world outside, but I never wanted to be ontop if there were people who needed me below. Between my classes and my social duties, I spend my time and efforts in the nursery. I want to take care of children, and I've always wanted to raise the good in people who need it. I have procure a place for myself at St. Augustina's hospital, and I've donated my wealth there.

To some of the nurses and maids at Versailles it is known that the usually unreachable and jagged Phellar likes to visit the nursery and play with the little ones. He has a perfectly soft hand when he's with them, and has seen to raise some clubs to heart level by swelling their coffers. He breaks hearts as a sport, perhaps, but he also nurtures them.

I came to learn many things when he - without my knowledge - practiced his sport on me while visiting my extra-curricular work place. He made promises that made me forget about St. Augustina outside. It is a story some know well. I won't embarrass myself further than to say I was a naive pastime, maybe fitting in the role of mother while he played house.

I had vengeance in my heart when I discovered his ruse and hurried after him one night. I was reckless, and I think that hid me, somehow. That is how I've learned all this. Before I get to the discovery I made, it is important you know Phellar has three favorites. You only have to know about Elluise, the adorable blonde who has just taken her first steps. She is a diamond, both in my heart and by Versailles categorization.

The girl who has been missing for a while, Namna, is a prisoner of Phellar's. He keeps her in his private rooms. I could only glimpse a little bit when his hubris left a door open for me, but it is her. It is a secret, but the powers here at our grand orphanage had seen fit to forget her, no doubt due to Phellar's status.

I thought it would be enough to press him on this once I had the chance, but then when I heard how she spoke of Elluise, the child she'd named, I realized the horrid truth. The rest of the conversation did well to fill me in. Elluise, my diamond, is the daughter of disappeared and forgotten Namna, and king Phellar.

I cannot hurt the little one, even for my vengeance, but I fear for this secret, if Phellar finds out I share it. I give it to you, keepers of secrets, so that this truth will not fade if I do, by some mishap.

I have submitted records of the sum Versailles always takes upon entrance, drawn from one of Phellar's accounts. And another sum that corresonds to Elluise's inheritance. There is also a paternity test here, from material Phellar is want to leave behind after trysts, tested against Elluise's blood. You will se a match.

Thank you for your services to Versailles,

Ismaela

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2017, 09:42:36 am »
thought this letter would find its way to Scarlett somehow. Ismaela IS missing.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2017, 03:58:44 pm »
Oh how fun!

And Phellar and Luna being siblings would be quite something, wouldn't it? Their parents should be proud... two orphan kings!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2017, 08:53:57 pm »
Their parents should be! But... from what ara says, no parent would be proud of Phellar. I keep trying to say he's a good guy. He is going to help Hiev discover himself, and Namna, well, he gave her a place to stay.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2017, 08:56:43 pm »
Ah, dear Phellar. Any parent that would be proud of Phellar would have to be just like him.

In other news, I'm trying to get a proposal done for work so... if I make you guys wait a day for a post, I apologize. :(

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2017, 09:04:00 pm »
I have no problem with you marrying your work. A lot of beautiful careers start that way, but don't you think the proposal should come from work? I guess I'm just traditional that way.

And take your time! I hope it's not too stressful.

#phellarisalamb

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2017, 09:00:45 pm »
Well it's just... it's been years now, and I think if I don't make the first move we're just going to stagnate. You know how work can be. It just gets comfortable and then... before you know it, it seems like it just wouldn't make sense to change anything and take the next step. I think we're both ready. Work just needs a little push. A little hint.

Also, lowkey hoping Hiev wrecks Phellar's heart. That is all.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2017, 09:09:01 pm »
Ahhhh! I love that idea! Like all his crazy rapist jerkiness backfires and he falls in love with his victim who eventually wrecks him! That would be romantic.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2017, 09:09:31 pm »
riiighhhttt?

#hievisasleepinglion

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2017, 09:19:16 pm »
A++ for the continued work/husband metaphor.

Y'all get deduction for wanting Hiev be a seme though!

Okay I'll consider it. Since Phellar is such a good guy, he might play along.