News: 
Paragraphite

{Majik Punk} Read 7923 times

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
Re: {Majik Punk}
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2017, 06:44:33 pm »
Her voice, then! That makes so much sense, and it underlines what the Gattler thinks, that she makes it stronger, since obviously just her voice weakens Elvan. And if she wants to die then maybe that's what eventually pulls even out of his emotional stalemate. Perhaps inside, Ava could be fighting and holding back Cougal?

Wow. To think Ava was not meant to be in the thread to begin... now she's like, the star.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2017, 08:00:21 pm »
Hahaha, isn't that very typically us though?

I could see that Cougal melding with the Gattler kind of restoring a certain level of humanity to the creatures already caught inside. Aveline could fight to hold back Cougal, grasping at the brief hope of sentience again and preventing him from directing the mass that is the Gattler with his full force.

It'd be kind of poetic, right? That Aveline ends up being that one connecting thread that ties their fates together in the end. Like, despite her never being the one Elvan wanted the way she wanted him, she does give him the push he needs to fulfill Nystali's destiny. Like, an equally powerful love that just wasn't the "right" love. Ava and Elvan's connection actually ends up being the one they're most in control of in the end? AND if we do go with Tali kind of becoming Elvan's gestalt at the end, that desire to spare her friends' hearts would totally make sense. How sad. I like it.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2017, 08:09:19 pm »
Love your new avatar! Adorbs and with an edge.

I'm with you on everything, even though it's super sad.

One thing, though. Why would her becoming his gestalt spare the hearts of elvaline?

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2017, 08:21:24 pm »
Mmm, I doubt it would. But in the sense that she'd want to protect, I guess. If Aveline's "second" death would bring her peace and helping Elvan do it is what would bring everything to its finish, I could see her kind of "becoming his right hand" (to borrow a phrase) in a pretty literal sense. Like, that last bit of telling Elvan it's okay to do what needs to be done. So, to keep Aveline from hurting Elvan and to push Elvan to give Aveline the peace she wants... in that way, becoming armor to "protect" their hearts.

Also, Ava rolled 19 to Cougal's 5 on a charisma check, so that's why I had him play along with "being on their side" for now. It hardly matters, I assume, since at least this small group is now wise to what he is. But, yeah. You can have him give up and go full bad-guy whenever of course.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2017, 09:31:54 pm »
Got it!

Things are heating up. Imma crank up Cougal deceit and then we can loose a lot of knights! How should we orchestrate the moment when they realize they could loose each other? Seems like there's a lot of options here.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2017, 11:02:18 pm »
Hmmm.... there are a lot of possibilities, you're right. I tried to leave it such that maybe Eizel can send his remaining men to retreat, if they haven't already defected to Cougal's side. I think maybe those men can confirm later that Cougal is the one that directs the Gattler one way or another, possibly turning it away when he believes Aveline, Elvan, and Eizel have been dealt with? He'd have accomplished his aim of bending troops to his side and demonstrating his power so, that seems reasonable.

Anyway, I figured the trio is isolated now so harrowing near-death scrapes can occur however you like! I'm kind of picturing Elvan swooping in to get Aveline out of the way at the last minute and then that getting him into some trouble in and of itself... I dunno, maybe Eizel saves the day for them after Elvan's already thrown himself after his friend? However feels good to you.

Ava and Elvan can get some time alone in the aftermath looking for Mariposa and Valor or just like... later when they're drunk. Dunno. Assuming you wanted Ava to get some before we off her later. Hahahaha.

Also, if you want you can just tell me here what Tali should assume she knows about the rebels/Vel if you wanna just assume that's going on in the background back in Cretse. Up to you.

For the rebels, I'm thinking maybe they've been slowly consolidating and all and they do kind of follow Vel but they don't really have a rallying point. Maybe after Tali helps them secure some political win against the Steelbacks in Cretse they kind of turn her into the face of their movement or whatever, vaulting Elvan into the spotlight by proxy. 'Cause he'll love that. Right? Heh.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2017, 02:58:21 pm »
Figure the arrival of Cougal in Cretse will start unrest, and things will be polarized. Maybe by then Nystali could have started a momentum for doubt in the steelbacks? Later, she can use Elvan as a first account eye-witness to Cougal's/steelbacks deceit. This could ignite people and also push Cougal to get Gattler 2.0 to Cretse quicker than he'd anticipated. Open for revisions.

Figure some of her "igniting" can happen in the church when the priestess doesn't show, and then this night is for Ava and Elvan, since YES I DO WANT HER TO GET SOME. If it was up to me, and I didn't like artistry and drama, it'd just be people getting some aaaaaall the time

You can fast forward to Eizel's party, with Ava and Elvan, arriving, if you want, and then mention everything that's happened between.

Juggling so many things now, but it looks like we'll be able to bring it all together pretty neat!

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2017, 06:24:46 pm »
I went with letting Eizel show up later because I thought he'd be the sort to need time to reflect on what happened and took Ava to Elvan's room to play doctor.

Kind of thinking that when Tali reaches the rooms Elvan and Ava are already inside and ignore her knocking but she can hear that they're at least inside. Mostly I see Tali being the sort to kind of assume what may or may not be going on in there but choose to respect their privacy... and hey, look, added conflict to her and Elvan's issues later. Yay.

Now everybody has a reason to get sloppy drunk later, amiright?

Cougal can march in with his newly expanded numbers in a couple of days after they regroup, maybe? That will give Tali time to visit the temple folks.

Also, is it really bad that I half want Tali to get a go at comforting Eizel later? Am I allowed to ship all the characters? Hahaha. But seriously tho... I think Ava is gonna feel super guilty about Elvan later. She can't win, poor thing.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2017, 09:13:07 pm »
Be kinda cool playing Eizel in this kinda environment, haha. Hopefully he wont be a pooper.

Started the drunkeness with Tali and Vella, but you can take it anywhere you want with her. Will keep Cougal out of this for a while. He should know his place as villain and not as fun hangaround guy.

Ava is perfectly tragic, so she'd wear guilt well.

Haha. Nystali is just Eizel's taste, so she wouldn't meet a lot of resistance. His heart's sore enough after the day he's had. Could also see Vella helping out to make it happen, since he's worried about her. What a web we weave.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2017, 12:06:50 am »

Gemma. Vel's sweetheart. They met at a town harvest festival, dancing in the square. She works at a brothel out of obligation to its owner. Her continued employment there keeps her gambling father from meeting a rough end. The brothel is located a half-hour's ride from Cretse's west wall. In town, brothel's aren't acceptable, so the establishment she works at draws most anyone from Cretse looking for a pretty girl's company. She uses her job to get information for the resistance for Velfall, as many Steelback soldiers frequent the establishment. Technically, she's Harbor Kin, but her artifacts are hardly worth taking.

She and Vel have an odd relationship, very obviously in love but shying from physical intimacy. Gemma has mixed feelings. For her, her body is a tool to work with. When Vel buys her time and visits her, they pretty much just lay around together and talk, or he sneaks her out into town. For Gemma, that tenderness is infinitely more than bedding Vel would ever be. At this point, their self-imposed chastity has probably gone further than necessary, but neither seems willing to risk what they've built with each other.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2017, 06:47:54 am »
Wooooow, Gemma is a pearl! Her connection to Cougal is exquisite! It could be a thread of its own! but then again, all the character interactions her could, haha. She also makes me wanna write Cougal even more.

edit:

added some stuff with Cougal because of course! I'm thinking he's pretty loose with what he's said, since he doesn't think much of her, or that she has other information to pieces things together. Valuable for the rebels. Maybe this can even dictate the timeframe for the next attack?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:47:22 am by Verse »

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2017, 06:37:09 pm »
So... maybe we go towards like... Cougal causing Tali some shit, and Elvan having to go after her? Maybe Vel and Eizel can try and help Ava. There can be that dramatic like... oh no somebody is going to take Tali's artifact (could be Elvan or Cougal?) and then Aveline basically throws herself into the Gattler to destroy it.

Cue like... Gattler screeching and semi-imploding and careening out of Cretse.... hooray the day is saved but Ava is dead. And then she/Mariposa returns as part of Gattler later in the final battle?

Also... thoughts on Cougal uncovering Ava kind of "undead" in the Gattler? Could be a torture kind of thing to force her corruption so she fuses better with the Gattler. IDK. Just spit balling. Also, angry, semi-abusive Ava/Cougal. Amiright?

We decided there was going to be some big other final creature, right? Gattler wasn't going to be the big boss?

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2017, 06:48:21 am »
Perfect! Elvan will very likely see if Cougal wants the artifact and try to stop it, both because he's seen its potential, and because you know, he's kinda possessive about that part of Tali.

And OF COURSE we have to do the avaxcougal thing! He could probably find Gattler in the woods, see its damage, and then use her to rebuild Gattler, making it stronger, and taking pleasure in it.

I don't remember the other big bad we decided on. I figured with the addition of Cougal into Gattler during the final fight, odds would be dismal, world-threatening, and that's when Elvan finally takes the artifact from Tali. Cue sad Chinese lute music during explosive slow motion action.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2017, 04:56:13 pm »
I dig it. So should I have Gattler kind of consume Ava into it, or do we want her to like. Die in Elvan's arms. It's not like Cougal couldn't take her body later or something like that. I dunno. You tell me.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2017, 07:08:55 pm »
Auuugh! Die in his arms. I mean, things are gonna get shitty for Elvan, but damn, I want that scene.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2017, 03:44:22 pm »
Daaayyym. It is hard writing in a way that does justice to our characters at this critical juncture. I left a few things open, and if you need me to change or if you need to ignore some of the choices I made, just go ahead or tell me.

Open for battle inside Gattler if you need it, but it can all also be told when it returns, probably infused with Cougal since he needed to save it now that Aveline did so much damage/killed it. He could basically have resurrected it with the starblade, if we want her sacrifice to have counted, and in raising it, he caught her soul.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2017, 05:39:36 pm »
I'm SORRY I went totally off in a completely ridiculous direction on my own. Hahahaha.... I figured Tali's connection to the artifacts my let her find Aveline in her dream, as she's fused with the Gattler's core, and allowed her to like... try and give Ava peace as she passed. Mostly because I couldn't think of a good way to let Ava die in Elvan's arms and make him suffer. Haha. So now like... I guess if you'd like him to experience her departure in a dream, either dozing at Tali's side or when he finally drags off to bed, that works.

Also I'm figuring Cougal was able to find the Gattler's core... now lodged in dead Aveline... and in going about reviving the Gattler he's also reviving her, since they're fused. I was thinking it left space for some fun Ava bondage so I shamelessly left her to Cougal for appropriate corruption before "reassembling" the Gattler's body of Spawn. I figure like... she's a knight and all, so Cougal is going to have to mess with her for a while and try and force whatever corrupt parts of her soul exist to rise to the surface, so the Gattler can be brought back under his control. I leave you to decide how that happens.

I can totally change things if you hate the direction I went. Again, I'm sorry. It just kind of happened.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2017, 07:59:00 pm »
You had me gnawing my own knuckles for the duration of that post! I'm glad she didn't die in the end! This is of course more hopeful, and at once, more fun, given the possibilities you left Cougal. Ava and Cougal, eh? We never even considered this pairing! Makes sense though, looking at it. And like I said, this is so hopeful! Imma have lots of fun with this.

Turns out we don't need dice to let the story go its own way. I'm glad, like the axe blade, there is a sliver of hope for the girl, after all.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2017, 08:01:31 pm »
psh, you give me too much credit. She's totally dead. Basically. And we're gonna force Elvan to make her dead-dead, right? With Tali's artifact in the final battle. She'll probably be begging for it, at the center of Gattler's Spawn swarm. Hahahahaha

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2017, 07:59:21 pm »
"Here's some hope, Verse. Have it with some tea and enjoy it. Relax, everyone's safe. LOL jk she death enywaiz." - Ven

And I tried to play nice in my post because you were so nice handing me Ava all tied and torn up, but... I'm playing kind of a bastard, so. Seriously, this is me thinking plot over gratification, though, it could have been way worse.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2017, 01:58:04 pm »
Skipped ahead to evening. Not sure this is the timeline we were going for. Could have spent ten posts just torturing Ava, but I feel as though Cougal wouldn't wait, right?

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2017, 04:21:44 am »
I kinda backed up a little, cause I wanted to let Tali have her moment. I figured she's gonna die soon, too, so like... you know. Even if she goes as a pure little virgin priestess, she should get to let out a little of her pent up whatever with Elvan? You can always make your post super duper short (particularly if you just want Elvan to shut her down and then I'll just catch up to your previous timeline in my next post.

I kinda assumed it would take a while to corrupt Ava and I was totally setting you up to have your fun torturing her, but I can be on board with a quick turn into the final run here. Hahaha. I'll pick up with Ava's return and Tali sensing it in my next post unless you tell me otherwise!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2017, 09:44:09 am »
Any chance she'll not be all that pure? Now I'm of course thinking of what that kind of dalliance could strengthen the artifact in her.

If you think I'll say no to Tali's affection/release of frustration with Elvan AND continued fun with Ava you got me all turned, Ven.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2017, 09:48:40 pm »
Oh, purity isn't requisite for Tali. You know she's been waiting for this for like. Ever.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2018, 01:15:27 pm »
Can you believe I started this intending it to be sword extracting all the time?