News: 
Paragraphite

{Majik Punk} Read 13621 times

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
Re: {Majik Punk}
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2017, 06:50:49 pm »
This is just goof. This is Nystali drunk texting Elvan. I don't know why I did this.

preiztezz:
u up?

nitezoon:
Tali?
This phone is just for emergencies.
It hasn't been invented yet.

preiztezz:
Your balls haven't been invented yet
:p
loooool
burndt

nitezoon:
huh?
are you drunk?

preiztezz:
I can do what I want??
Hey come over
Elvan
Elvan
Elvan
</3
ELVAN

nitezoon:
I'm kinda doing something
could this wait?

preiztezz:
y don't you want to?

nitezoon:
why don't I want to do what?

preiztezz:
U know
U damn well know
If you come over I let you pull out
hahaha
loool

nitezoon:
let's talk about this later

prieztezz:
ok, wahteverz
You know who's sleeper hot?
Kougal
Maybe he's up?

nitezoon:
okok
I'll come
where r u?

LvNfan96has joined this conversation

LvNfan96:
hi guise what are you talking about?
 :unicorn:

nitezoonhas left this conversation
preiztezzhas left this conversation
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 07:17:38 pm by Verse »

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2017, 10:22:22 pm »
Oh my gosh. This as a modern/futuristic sci-fi type of thing would have made this whole situation much funnier.

THAT SAID: Aveline passed an easy wisdom check to recall Cougal's men yelling about summoning the horde. Tali failed at a perception check, but she's drunk so... cut her a break?

I left the mysterious stranger for you... I thought you'd probably like to dream him up. He's here to shut Tali up about the Steelbacks because he's part of the small, but growing, underground resistance and he doesn't want her getting into trouble talking shit. He's not a knight, but he's beautiful and still a good fighter. Aveline and Elvan can find her with this fellow in the bar, when they return. She's drunk-smitten and he identifies her as a Kin immediately (which, let's be honest, is just bonus points with Tali).

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2017, 09:41:36 am »
rougish (though he's more gambit-y if you ask me) character applied! He feels at home in rowdy places and takes to loose women with hearts of gold. It's a mommy thing, for sure. Maybe he also has an eye for something more untouched, eh? He enjoys a good duel and pummeling Steelbacks, and has a stash of ballistic magic buried somewhere.

Can't waaaait for drunken shenanigans.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 12:37:57 pm by Verse »

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2017, 10:43:46 pm »
I made the snap decision that the priesthood thing for Kin is kind of like old school virgin oracle stuff. As soon as your artifact is taken and you've been "deflowered" in that sense, you can't be part of the priesthood anymore. In Tali's case, she probably could have stayed around as a historian/lore keeper, but she wouldn't have been allowed to tend the artifacts as a priestess anymore.

Also, drunk Tali is so animated!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2017, 09:44:05 am »
Such harsh requirements! I love it. I can't wait for the drawing of their artifact! but there's so much goodness before that, haha.

I am always on the side of more tomfoolery, but if you want to you can move things along and break them up in pairs, either constellation works for me. I'm also okay with a bonding night of drunken adventures. Or a fight together against some steelback knights?

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2017, 07:01:34 pm »
Ughhh, I want more silliness but I feel like it'd be really weird for Elvan and Aveline to go binge drinking with a stranger the night before they're supposed to defend the city. Like, they only got the evening because Aveline said they needed to sleep?

To amend for this, I propose they have a legitimate, drunken evening after they return successful. Also, Nystali won't remember much beyond meeting Velfall by morning. I'm figuring to send her looking for him while the other two are out fighting, so that she can apologize/we can introduce the rebels.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2017, 05:46:41 am »
So like... is Ava/Vel going to become a recurring, frustrated fling? I'd like to think Aveline is probably too reasonable to go for a romp with a stranger the night before a fight, but I could see her being lonely and easy enough to convince into a little messing around. Could, at least, set her up for their post battle boozing. Hehehe.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2017, 06:58:00 am »
I think they're both on even  ground here, since he thinks physical closeness is medicine, the way he grew up. After all, frustration does well to be dispelled. Post battle boozing! Whoho!

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2017, 06:31:03 pm »
Ok. I was wrong. Aveline is not super reasonable and lonelier than anticipated. Hah.

Also, bets on who's the wildest in bed? Honestly, my bet is on either Aveline or Elvan. I picture Vel as being more down for anything and capable of handling it. And Nystali is Nystali.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2017, 09:50:46 pm »
yuyuuuuu get yours Ave!!

Yeah, I'd put my money on Aveline for sure. Vel is like Bel, and when he's in it for himself, he's kind of an 80's sax kinda guy. I wouldn't count nystali out, but def not wild yet. I am still thinking a frustration/passion romp for Elvan and Aveline, that might end up meaning more to her than him, but maybe hopefully not because dang, her heart.

edit: Cougal would be a selfish beast. Or a super sub.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2017, 09:57:28 pm »
Sometimes you have a way of phrasing that has me wheezing with laughter, Verse. 80's sax kinda guy?? It's too perfect, and I have terrible sax music playing in my head now. I'm also picturing uncomfortable moustaches though, so, there is that. D:

Ughhh I keep wondering about whether I think it'd be great or awful if Aveline got a chance at Elvan. In my head, it's kinder to her if that's an AU fantasy only. But she was also written to be killed off so maybe I don't care if we're kind to her or not? I'm torn.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2017, 10:29:54 pm »
this is the only sax anime guy I could find

There's a sax scene in McGruber you should see when he's humping. Ara hates it.

I keep forgetting she's made to die even though we are leading her toward it. It's going to be so bittersweet. It'd be kinda sadder if she never got to hit that though, right? Who knows where the drunkeness goes!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2017, 08:58:54 am »
enjoying writing Velfall and Tali, not gonna lie.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2017, 05:55:02 pm »
Poor Tali. She's scared of man bodies. Velfall is going to give her a heart attack.

Question: do all knights have a gestalt? I had originally thought it was something Cougal had especially, but then Eizel had one and now I am wondering if I should write one in for Ava. Rather, I think I'll write one in, but hers is going to be very subtle due to her fighting style? I can change it if she isn't supposed to have one. If they all have one, is it presumably just something that comes with being bound to an artifact? Then Elvan should have one too, right, from Syn and Saevir working with him?

Also, I like Eizel. I would like to be his friend. He seems like the sort to be a good big brother.

This is the music i think of when I think of 80s sax, by the way. Ughhhh.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2017, 06:29:55 pm »
I figured not all artifacts have them but some do, depends on your artifact. I also feel like gestalts aren't common for artifacts put in the system. So she could totally have one. She'd control when it comes out, so that'd explain why we haven't seen it yet or why it hasn't been mentioned. I also think an artifact's strength isn't judged on whether it has a gestalt or not, since Cougal only has gauntlets while Eizel has the full thing, and that doesn't mean either would best the other. I think bets should def be on Star Blade. Usually a sign of a good bond between knight and artifact, but not a maker or breaker, right? You can revise all of that to your liking, though.

I will not give Elvan one, since Syn and Saevir like him, but mostly because they have the same goal right now, which is to protect Tali, but they're kinda on the fence about his wishy-washyness.

The sax wasn't that bad! I'm no connoisseur though.

This is how Elvan sexses, prob. Fateful, enthusiastic, but kinda sad.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2017, 07:02:57 pm »
Oh gosh, are we really providing musical accompaniment for sexual style here? I don't know if I should be proud or concerned.

I think I like the idea of Aveline having a "small" gestalt that suits her archery more than anything else, like Mariposa working with Valor to give her a little extra advantage at great distance. I like your take on Syn and Saevir with Elvan and I half-way want Nystali to like... become Elvan's gestalt someday. Like she dies in his arms once he's pulled their artifact and then she just kind of like... shatters into light and envelops him in the most bad-ass, multifunctional armor ever. Hahahaha. I'm kidding. Kind of?

Also, rolled an 18 for Ava before adding artifact bonus (rolled a 5 for bonus) so she pretty much trashed the little mob. Go Ava!

I'm kind of wondering if Elvan and Ava should get their moment during some near life-or-death moment... where like, neither of them ends up particularly hurt but they both think they're going to lose the other at some point and it's just... emotions run high in the aftermath. I'm bringing this up now, because of the Gattler and subsequent askwardness could definitely motivate some hearty binge drinking once they return to poor, clueless Nystali. But, of course, just one of many possibilities for your consideration.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2017, 08:28:07 pm »
I'll leave Nystali's prowess to you, then, haha. I wanna think classical music, but I feel there's more to her.

Nystali in gestalt form is so sad! And fitting. When that does happen, though, that's the end of our road with Elvan too, I believe, so it'll be his last suit, at least as far as our story with him is concerned. Raking my head as to what the artifact will be, it's gotta be meaningful and epic. No pressure, haha.

Nicely done on the dice! I'm kinda nervous, letting Elvan fail with the dice in this. I suppose he's new, still. It was awesome the way she got to mess the spawn up! Perfect.

I was thinking the Gattler, or the monster that has been clad with the legend of the Gattler, would be the beast to sink or swim Cougal's overtaking of the Steelbacks, since his spire in the Star Blade is meant to control it. It doesn't really mean anything, other than that this will most likely just be a massive fight against spawn that can't conclude with the death of Gattler unless we want that to be the fade out to the thread. Could be a failed attempt at killing him, though? If you want some lighthearted drinking after ward, then it could just be a brush with Gattler's fire, or a non-meeting. Maybe they can end up believing Gattler isn't even involved? Could also be a drink for the fallen. I could easily see Eizel retreating to save men but then brooding about it afterward.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2017, 08:57:06 pm »
I kind of like the thought of a failed attempt, where Eizel is forced to call back the men. Perhaps he realizes how disadvantaged they are if he clues in on Cougal's involvement. I would even be game for a more direct confrontation in which some of the men are lost to the side of the Steelbacks, out of fear of their growing power. The Gattler they meet could be a swarm of fire-inclined Spawn, even, that travel together in a mass as one greater beast. The knights could find some success against the individual Spawn, but quickly find little traction against a hive mind. I don't know. I was going to follow your lead on what, exactly they are facing.

But yea... if the Gattler is tied to Cougal's rise to power, it might be best to "fail" this time. I could see a second clash with the creature that results in Ava's death down the line, only to find that the Steelbacks have something even more horrifying waiting. Just to make her sacrifice a bit futile, if honorable. It might be good to establish the Steelbacks more publicly as the bad guys now, in this encounter? Then it becomes like a known dominating force ruling with fear and give the rebels a bit more traction to move forward? Dunno.

Again, I'm going to follow your lead on this one.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2017, 09:20:48 pm »
Love the cluster-being idea! Would like a big boss at the end though. That could totally be it for this mission. Could be the struggle within Steelbacks is tipped by whatever this campaign yield and Cougal will have to be more open about it.

Futile Ava death... ah, you break my heart, but that is beautiful! I think, to lend credence to it, we should hype the powers against them on this campaign. Eizel will be heartbroken when his men leave to take refuge with Cougal.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2017, 09:24:55 pm »
Yea, I think this is my one issue with this whole thing. Eizel is a wonderful cinnamon roll that should never be made sad, so... this is hard. Hahaha.

But yea... definitely a mega beast for final boss. I'm on board with cluster creature for Gattler!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2017, 09:30:51 am »
Vel is so growing on me. If you had a more assassin's creed brooding in mind for him that's coming too, I think.

things are happening!

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2017, 03:18:15 am »
Ok so, Ava got a 19 on dex and 25 on strength. So...  almost good enough dodge and pretty good attack. I'm treating these Dusk Spawn as 20s... I forget if that was right. I'll look back in the OOC and adjust for the rest of this fight if I remembered wrong on that difficulty.

I'm aiming for Tali to kind of begin pushing for a greater revolution with these Cretse folks, so we have a reason to kind of edge Elvan toward becoming a more focal hero as things roll south. Ava and Elvan should have known better than to just assume  she'd be quiet and do nothing while they were gone. D:

But, I guess they didn't have a choice. Womp womp.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2017, 11:41:50 am »
Gave Tali an in to become sort of a beloved symbol of the revolution. Maybe helps Ava and Elvan too. Your call.

I rolled a 19 so that's why Elvan is kicking aaaaarse right now, with the artifact booster, that is. What is the gameplan with the giant Gattler? Kinda thinking it gets a lot of the knights and then maybe Cougal 'steps in' while obviously serving his own agenda.

Are we bringing in another spawn for the final boss or are we getting another iteration of Gattler? Either way I want Cougal to meld with it.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2017, 06:27:51 pm »
I think we should have both. Gattler returns and Ava dies. Big final boss later that forces Tali's artifact. But if Cougal melds with Gattler we'll have to come up with some reason why big final boss still shows up after.

Artifact boost is nice... that's how Ava hit her 25. 19 + a 6 on the d6 roll!

I'm thinking your plan is good, Gattler takes a bunch of knights. Cougal steps in or Eizel calls the men back? Elvan and Aveline have some brief and harrowing brush with the creature and realize it's a mass of Spawn?

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2017, 07:21:04 pm »
Gattler returns and Ava dies.

she says, like it's nothing.

Maybe Cougal melds with final boss then? Could be whatever final boss is was what frightened Gattler into moving. or it could be Gattler in solid form, maybe from the trauma of Aveline's last attack.

I like all mentioned things! near death brush should be pretty close in this fight, right?

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2017, 08:34:22 pm »
Mmmm can be near death, can just be like... sudden realization they could lose each other. I'm up for whatever.

What about when Gattler kills Aveline in its horde form and is defeated, whatever force was pulling them together infests Aveline? She could get turned into the final boss as a crazy Spawn beast. It would make Cougal merging with her a lot more, uh, difficult for Tali and Elvan to deal with. If you want. Gattler in some form of solid super beast as final boss sounds good though... like, all the effort to defeat the Gattler now and later end up just making things worse, in a way. Tali and Elvan's artifact could be the only thing that wouldn't just continue to empower it or something.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2017, 09:06:52 pm »
It'd be cool if either of them thinks they see the other one get killed, and then find each other again.

And it'd be pretty cool - heart wrenching but you're good at that - if Aveline defeats the second to last form of Gattler, and therefor its last form wants to use her, since it sees her as strong, even though its just her body. And then everything you said, Cougal gets in on that, and then the only thing that doesn't make it stronger, since the Star Blade has majik eating properties, is to completely overwhelm it, which is what Tali's artifact does.

I swear if this was a movie or a book I'd be bawling.

what should we call this world as a whole, by the way? does it have a name that  I missed.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2017, 10:27:32 pm »
I don't think we named it. It was a ferret... hahaha.... and then I have just been calling it "the world" and "the land." Jor Orpha is obviously the country within the land they're in but... no, no name for the world. Mustelidae or something? Hahaha I kid. I leave it to you to name it... it was your baby to begin with.

Oh man oh man what if Gattler's whole thing is it uses whatever it kills for the power, like you say... so all the Spawn it has are reconstructions, even now. And then like, you know, Aveline sacrifices herself to it in phase two and it ends up defeated and it decides that maybe power isn't from numbers alone or w/e so it starts using the monstrous and over-sized forms and faces of the knights that "defeated it." Like Aveline's face might show up at some critical point or something. Cougal decides to give itself to the Gattler to use in some creepy symbiosis thing too, and yadda yadda exactly like you're saying. But yeeeaaaaa Gattler consuming and using others for power is such a nice parallel to the Spire stuff. I love it.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2017, 08:09:40 pm »
Her face? Oh that's lovely, and will truly affect Elvan. Maybe it will mimic her somehow. I wanna give it some of her "ness" like, maybe it uses her voice. Like, if she had a battle cry or something before she did, or even if it seeks Elvan out, because he was still in her heart when she died. I dunno. Might be too corny. It also gives me a little hope that Ava might still be in there even though she won't be, which will defiantly lead Elvan to hesitate more. Probably a reason to eventually kill it, since he doesn't want her image to be a monster.

Also, word on how the knights were able to fend off gattler 1.0 should help our trio get some good press among the rebels.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2017, 04:59:27 pm »
Ohohoho yeeeaaah totally give Gattler her voice. Like maybe when it harasses Elvan it screams with different voices and stuff and notices that Aveline's shakes him. I mean, Ava could even be in Gattler somewhat still. She could literally beg to be killed at some point post Cougal-transfusion. I don't mind that level of dramatic-corniness. Hahahah