Re: {Majik Punk}
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2017, 09:41:20 am »
posts will gradually become shorter I promise hahahahaha I have a problem help

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2017, 03:49:07 pm »
It's ok. I'm going to struggle with keeping things short on this thread in general too. Hahaha. Also, haven't read your post yet but... thoughts on ceremony for broken artifacts? I think it would make sense for there to be one. Also possibly a ceremony for acquiring a new one.

Did you have thoughts on his next artifact? Should he carry non-artifact weapons until he's forced to take Nystali's? Should we give him something from the temple?

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2017, 04:01:10 pm »
I think a send off for broken artifacts would be cool, especially for that kind of temple. Usually, when the kin passes with the weapon, the ceremony would be one and the same, but since this artifact did some stuff after, it should have some recognition, right?

I think, since he's tasked to protect the town, he might need something stronger than normal weapons, but I am very fond of the idea of forcing his hand. So maybe he's not supposed to have artifacts, but she "lends" them to him secretly anyway, but he doesn't always have them.

Also I want to wish for

him not taking an artifact from her is instrumental in him falling short in protecting other people at some point and in a fit of frustration or even anger over his meandering she reminds him of this. May or may not be a dramatic slap moment, whether from her to him or vice verse, in his case because he knows she's right and it hurts him.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2017, 04:30:47 pm »
I like it. Tali probably doesn't get to vent her frustrations often so that could be a major sticking point. Drama!

I'm kind of up for whatever in terms of giving Elvan an artifact, because I think it wouldn't matter what he takes... nothing is going to match the weapon he could have from Tali. If he takes another artifact for a while, it might even start to make her feel like he doesn't see her as good enough or something.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2017, 05:46:55 pm »
Soooo I rolled for Wisdom as a check for Tali hearing the argument in the square.

Rolled a 5 on an easy (10) check so we're off to a good start. Big ol' fail. Whoohoo!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2017, 09:10:21 pm »
That's why we're co-op, partner. I just rolled a 12! even with my -1 we land over the easy 10.

But... Thomlin rolled a 15 for charisma so... whatever that earns him. Thinking he's pretty low to start but damn, that boy can roll.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2017, 09:26:19 pm »
Bahahaha, poor Aveline! The fates won't be kind to her, will they? I rolled for her and she got a 4. So I guess she's obligated to be a little flattered. Not that we have a system in place for NPCs rolling against one another. But hey, it seems in line with Ava's lack of control over her future.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2017, 09:49:22 pm »
I am so not rooting for Thomlin! Maybe we can kill him off against a high strength beast. Welp, there's our chance element, anyhow, haha.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2017, 09:34:18 am »
good news: I rolled a 4 in charm for Thomlin, yay.

I also rolled a 4 in strength for Elvan so that's why he's flung. I imagine Cougal's strength and dexterity with his partial Gestalt and the Star Blade is over 9000. Also, if you want to leave it up to the dice whether there's any result to this forceful prodding, rollf or that. Pleeeease don't give him an artifact. Rolled 16 in charm for Cougal so I guess the crowd isn't too angry with him yet.

Roll a wisdom for Ava to detect the coming hordes of medium beasts.

getting a hold on this dice thing, I think.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2017, 04:40:18 pm »
Since I'm rolling for her now... and she's a little more important than a standard NPC....

Aveline Marrik

Strength 15 | Dexterity 13 | Constitution 13 | Intelligence 9 | Wisdom 12 | Charisma 10 

Aveline is Elvan’s childhood friend and Nystali’s confidant. Her easy-going personality and sincere, forward demeanor leave her difficult to dislike by most. Aveline obtained her knighthood in Orpha, after participating in a campaign to eradicate a large coven of Spawn on Jor Orpha’s Western border. During the campaign, she was badly wounded, but obtained her artifacts from two knights who fell during the same battle and made it back to the capitol.

She was sent to Salynus to recover after her Ceremony of First Blades. It was a convenient transfer, as the town and its small temple needed stationed knights and Aveline needed time to heal. Beyond that, the rising tide of the Steelback group in Orpha was hungrily vying for a controlling foothold and keeping Aveline out of the way would only serve to continue simplifying matters. While she had not been a vocal detractor from the group, it was evident her silence on the matter was indication that she had no intention of supporting them.

Aveline has fully healed, but has decided to remain in Salynus for the time being, happy to be reunited with Elvan. The two of them have remained close, despite periods of separation, and Aveline has never hidden the extent of her affection for the knight in training. However, both a sense of professionalism and the realization that their hearts are not quite in the same place has led her to maintain an expressly friendly relationship with him.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2017, 06:31:25 pm »
I am in love.

I just realized both these main girls are awesome and ill-fated (by us) so... RIP my heart.

Can't wait to see her scars.

edit: if I didn't make it clear, Cougal only has the gauntlets when the Star Blade is active. Obviously Tali can roll to fight him off if she wants.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2017, 06:56:19 pm »
Oh my gosh. So. Lots of rolls:

Ava rolls a 4 against Thomlin's 4, so she remained a bit flattered by his efforts but not smitten.
Ava rolls a 19 on perception against a medium (15) environmental check. She definitely realized the Spawn were coming.
Nystali rolled a 9 on Charisma against Cougal's 16, so she wasn't super convincing with her first try at being brave/intimidating.
Tali rolled a 10 on Dex, against what I'm assuming is at least a medium(15) challenge from Cougal, so she didn't get away when he went to grab her.
BUT! She crit with bonus for 21 on Charisma for attempt two at standing up for herself, defending her artifact! Woohoo!
Ava has rolled a 20 (yay for strength bonus) so she'll at least make it back to town without too much issue, even if she encounters a beast along the way... I'm assuming we're not dealing with really big baddies yet!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2017, 09:10:47 pm »
roll to realize there is danger because Cougal keeps his armor. and then you can roll for Ava, if the strength roll wasn't enough. We should reunite them soon, with the horde coming to Salynus. Would love to put the artifacts in Elvan's hands.

Exciting!

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2017, 11:04:35 pm »
Tali with the high rolls! 19 on wisdom.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2017, 06:57:20 am »
Maybe roll for Ava to hear the last bit, but it's pretty cut and dry what's happening here. Now there's only battle left. Pretty sure things aren't going to go well.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2017, 06:51:54 pm »
Didn't roll to hear the guards, because I figured it was kind of a given she'd at least catch a bit of it even if she couldn't confirm it.

Rolled for:
Constitution > 12 - doing ok after running back to town.
Dex > 3 - she ran out of arrows

Strength > 16 - landed a decent hit against the boar (I'm calling him a 20), but not enough to bring him down. I rolled him at 2 +5 modified to give 7. I'm going to take the difference and use the 20 as his "hp" and say he's down to 11. I'm making this up because I don't think we really had a mechanism for determining when a monster is dead in a fight with multiple rolls. So... yea. I dunno.

Dex > 4 - against a 13 for the boar, so she wasn't able to dodge his charge.

I also rolled a d10 to see how many larger Spawn might be approaching Salynus and I rolled a 10. So. Uhhh... granted, we can assume the townsfolk and Cougal's knights might take down some, so I rolled again and got a 3. So, I say we assume the other guards and militia take down 3. I also rolled a 6 and a 2. I think we can assume Cougal and his men take out at least 2 on their way out, if they are deciding to leave Salynus to its fate. If they are staying and helping Salynus with the assumption of subjugating them later, I think perhaps we can assume they at least take part in taking down 6. Either way, I'd say Aveline and Elvan aren't going to have a great time. I'm just suggesting things, by the way, because letting the dice decide is sort of fun. Play it however you like, of course.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2017, 11:04:26 pm »
assuming your 10 roll was for all beasts coming, there are only 1 small/dawn category beasts left. the dice said so. There are 3 medium/noon category coming. Dusk category though... there's 6 left now according to your roll. I think they're effed in the A. Especially since Cougal fled due to his news.

Rolled a 20 when attacking the Dusk beast though!

What should we have them do? Feels like the town is doomed, which is kinda sad. Well, awesome plotwise, but you know, sad, unless they can push thorugh.

edit: my math was all off. fixed it.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2017, 11:08:37 pm »
also

thought that's the double blade look of Syn, but the supporting blade is almost the same length as the leading one.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2017, 11:42:29 pm »
Ah, Nier... I'm still holding off on playing it so I can work through some other games first. I ran the demo though and 2B's blades are legit.

With your rolls, we can just assume militia takes down the small enemy and two mid. Cougal & friends deal to 1 mid and 5 of the dusk. Elvan and Aveline have 1 dusk to handle independently, but I'm thinking they'll need to come in behind Cougal & friends. If Cougal & friends let some of the dusk beasts pretty much destroy the town before taking them down... the aftermath would basically be Steelback control and a heavily crippled Salynus, which plays toward their goals anyhow.

Soooo maybe Aveline and Elvan see the Steelbacks kind of half-assing things and step in to save what's left of the beasts that have gotten in. This would also give reason for Elvan, Ava, and Tali to be exiled from the town for heretical claims against the savior Steelbacks. Salynus falls and our trio is sent out into the world to see what's come of Jor Orpha and mount a resistance.

But, uh yea. The town was always kinda effed, right? Hahahaha. Right. It's sad though. Like you said. But plot devices!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2017, 11:51:15 pm »
I like your plan but, my post ruins some of that. We could still assume there's just the dusk ones to deal with though, and I suppose the town could be more decimated for it and there'd still be reason for them to be exiled because elvan said not to trust the Steelbacks to begin with, or there can simply be almost no townies left.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2017, 12:04:21 am »
Eh, not ruined really. Just read it. I think there are enough Dusk beasts coming in that we can just assume Aveline and Elvan are kept busy with the next one for a little and it basically ends up running them back into town where we see all the other dusk Spawn tearing things up.

I would say a combination of Elvan being outspoken against the Steelbacks and very few townies left would give them enough reason to leave town. Salynus obviously won't have enough money to keep paying the Steelbacks, but they owe them now... maybe the townies half-way kick out Elvan and Aveline as part of the agreement for keeping Steelback security. Cougal could assume the dishonor of being sent away by their own town would be enough to take away their credibility if they spoke out against the Steelbacks. Tali would obviously follow because, well, otherwise she's stuck with Cougal.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2017, 12:06:17 am »
Also, dumb nerd me thought you'd like this vid of Aveline's glaive fighting style. Vindictus is one of my old faves to return to for "nostalgic" pc gaming. I was a late bloomer in the video game world, I guess. Anyway. Ignore the Miku getup of that Lynn, but. Them animations, right?

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2017, 12:17:06 am »
I like you plan. Busy with beasts, return to mayhem. I think they should do a last ditch effort to protect the temple and therein somewhere end the battle. I don't know if we wanna move fast toward town, but it'd be nice with some bonding during the battle, since they've never fought alongside with artifacts before, at least not on equal footing.

Then exile time!

The girl in the vid was awesome, and the the technique is legit! I know like, a handful of girls who think they're this girl. Hats off for her fashion sense.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2017, 06:25:15 pm »
I think the two of them fighting together would be nice. Aveline took 3 rolls to out-roll the boar and finally take him down. Hence the missed strikes. It works. Either way, she and Elvan can tackle this big Dusk dragon together and it can keep trying to move in toward town, bringing them closer as it goes. Chaos when they return... and at this point, possibly needing to get Nystali out of trouble depending on what she gets herself into. Hopefully the dice are kind. Sorry not sorry? Hahahaha.

Salynus is decimated and they have some form of last stand at the temple. I kind of see that as being against the Steelbacks more than the beasts, at that point? Cougal can force them to give up the temple and its artifacts as he's running them out of town. Basically, holding the well being of the remaining townies over their heads? Or do you want beasts trying to destroy the remaining artifacts? Either could work. I'll follow your lead.

I feel like I owe you an apology for the thread kind of exploding from your contained story idea... but I'm really enjoying it. Heh. 

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2017, 09:49:10 am »
I don't think you should apologize for expanding and enriching a thread.

TENTACLES!

meant to avoid them with Syn but failed, Saevir became his salvation instead. Hit Hard on the scale so it's toast.

You should probably roll dexterity to avoid the lances.

Salynus town, here we come!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2017, 12:37:39 pm »
next beast. we're not gonna make it. RIP Salynus.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2017, 10:09:40 pm »
For the record, I was throwing super sucky dice for this one, like, even with the from Syn and Saevir. Please win this. Or stall.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2017, 10:20:13 pm »
Ahaha... I was actually wondering how your rolls were so good! I hadn't been applying any bonuses for the artifacts and rolling the Dusk beasts with a +5 bonus for being "20s" was wrecking me mostly. So... I haven't read what you've written yet, but my rolls have historically been worse than yours. I can't promise this will end well. bahahaha.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2017, 10:37:46 pm »
well then add stuff for the artifacts! at least on this one, haha

pretty good you took down spawns basically without an artifact.

VenomousEve

• Crunch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2017, 10:41:41 pm »
hahaha... how much of a bonus have you been giving to your rolls? I can add the same for mine. Also. Aveline is supposed to die anyway, so, ya know.

I'm kidding. Sort of. She shouldn't die yet.