Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
winchester. [80's horror]
« on: October 01, 2016, 06:01:31 am »
Winchester, New York

Dance into the fire.
That fatal kiss is all we need.

Winchester High, the first and the only high school in the small town of Winchester, New York. Famous for their winning football team, state champs last year, and their Hallows festival, a town favorite tradition where the locals sell a variety of goods, have a parade, and end the festival with an impressive bonfire.

Things are generally quiet in this suburban town till a girl dies in 1985...

They said it was an accident.

Dance into the fire.
When all we see is a view to kill.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
Re: winchester. [80's horror]
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 06:19:23 am »
WELCOME TO WINCHESTER HIGH.

Everyone should be playing a student, grades 9th -12th, ages 14-18.

Remember, this is set in the 1980's so no cellphones, no internet, not much digital of anything really. It's also horror, going with the serial killer/thriller vibe. Someone is offing people in Winchester and no one knows who or why, the only real question is who is next?

The setting is mid October, right in the midst of fall, leaves changing, chilly winds, all that bit. Everyone is super excited for the Hallows festival, which typically everyone helps out with, people dress up, party, etc. It's a huge event and a big deal for the town.

Feel free to play multiple characters if you like, and keep in mind, characters can and WILL die. You're more likely to be a target if you're inactive though. Also, if you'd like to offer your character as the next one on the killer's list, I will definitely not be against it.

If you've got any questions, just let me know!

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 07:51:10 am »

Chase Masters
stay gold.

Seventeen

Tall and broad shouldered with dark blonde hair and grey-blue eyes. His skin has tanned over years of playing football, but it often fades with the cold winters of New York. Classically handsome with an athletic build, Chase is well aware that he's not bad to look at and makes use of it.

A football star in his own right, although not captain of the team (for reasons he never explains truthfully but flashes a smile every time), he's scored enough touchdowns and made enough good plays to guarantee him a ride to almost any college with a decent football team. His grades are also good enough alone to get him into college but that's something he keeps to himself. Charming and well-liked, by most anyway, Chase thinks high school is easy and has no reason to think otherwise.

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 07:23:43 pm »
I wanna play the attitude-y bff.  profile to come~

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 11:59:30 pm »
all the way in!

first character's probably I wanna get killed early. Lemme hash.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 02:10:21 am »
Ooooh! I wanna play! Probably going to come with a fleet of side characters for killing. I do so love horror threads!

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 03:31:31 am »
Yayyyy. Glad to have y'all aboard, this is gonna be fun~

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 07:29:58 am »

If I knew from the start,
why am I falling apart?

Former cheerleader.  Prefers to keep her long, dark hair in a ponytail.  Collects pins and never wears them.  Life used to be a lot better before her  Dad became a drunken cliche after losing his job the year before.  Her mother now does nightfill at the supermarket while her Dad stays out and drinks, leaving Sadie alone in the plasterboard shed they call a house in the Winchester Heights Trailer Park.  She liked their old home better.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 01:51:06 pm »
Destined for the pole. Working on changing her fate any way she can.

Seventeen.

Jamie Clark was an adorable, well-adjusted little girl until age seven when another kid in class told her that her mom was the town whore. After that she came to realize that the whole town thought she was destined for the pole just like her mom.

Ripped jeans, rock band t-shirts, and a leather jacket that one of her mom's Johns left at their place when she was twelve. Jamie is the girl that only smiles when she's being mean, trying to hide how pretty that face can be. Blonde hair and long limbs. She's the one behind the bleachers selling pot at the football games.

Seventeen.

Kyle Hart looks like trouble. He can usually be found smoking behind the gym with Jamie and the other burnouts. He shows up to class regularly but he doesn't talk and the teachers have stopped asking him questions years ago. Grew up in the trailer park with a druggy mom and zero adult supervision. Been hanging out with Jamie since they were nine and got over their fear of cooties.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:10:09 pm by Ara »

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 09:34:51 pm »
Maiser Thomlin.

Artist. Dabbles in graffiti but does most of his arts on large canvas. Has a stubborn attachment to charcoal and lets it take over with paint visibly loosing ground in his pieces. The school lets him use the studio after hours where he's precariously close to rickety ladders and knives that sharpen his materials. You'll often see him in a bandana for his long, dirty blond hair, and oversized cotton basics. He's one of the few who has a ticket out of town, with his gaining popularity. Known to be aloof, and that in turn is known to be rather endearing.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 09:24:42 pm by Ara »

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 03:03:37 am »
ic is up.

loving the characters thus far btw. they're perfect~

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 09:55:00 am »
Posted.  It's mainly Mary filler.  Filler is a bad habit but I like this particular lot.  I've taken liberties.  Fight me. 

:ninja:

:bluecat: :birthdaycake: :pinkteapot: 
:mlprainbow: :crown: :pinkteapot:
:jill: :jill: :jill:

:bow:

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 08:45:21 pm »
I posted again! But Jill did it first and messed up the posting order sooooo....

If that excuse doesn't work then I'll try the "fights happen fast, that girl needed a knuckle sandwhich!".

What are our school colors? And have we decided on what sort of murderer/serial killer/group of killers we're being hunted by yet? I elluded to someone creeping but we can write it off as nothing if it doesn't suite the plan, Light!!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 08:59:30 pm »
like yall haven't hugged someone good-looking's jacket and smelled it and then worn it as a skirt and danced until you got your sweat all over the quilted lining and logo. In a rain poncho. Feel like there's a lot of prejudice here.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 03:33:15 am »
Blue and yellow are the school colors. We're the Winchester Blue Jays.

As for our serial killer, I have an idea in the works but it's not solidified yet. Unfortunately our killer probably would not be sniffing sweaters outside in a black poncho, as cool and creepy as that is.

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 04:54:39 am »
posting order is a bad habit used in lazier forums.  besides, we're fighting!! we gotta get it done quick or they'll be stuck in a loop of it forever.  is it okay if Sadie headbutts Jamie, Ara? 

:pinkteapot: :jill: :bow:

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 07:32:19 am »
All right, then poncho dude can be Mary's dad or something all crazy with grief. Light, when you've decided on the killer, are we going to be taking part or are you planning to play him/her/them?

Jillibean, have at it! Butt that head, scratch that face, pull that hair, whatever you want!

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2016, 09:54:30 am »
hehehehehehehe.  I listened to Maniac while writing my post. :jill: :jill: :jill: :jill:

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2016, 03:22:11 pm »
Found 80's pictures and redid my banners!!!! Had to. No choice. Pictures.

ps. Verse that teacher would be on my serial killer list if I was in charge of serial killers in this thread..

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2016, 06:23:12 pm »
I vote John the John too! But Maiser is also up for grabs.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2016, 08:30:54 pm »
you guys can totally take part in the killer once i'm set on it. i wouldn't like to hog all the fun haha.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2016, 09:56:18 pm »
December Athilla

Dec likes to escape reality. His senses are afflicted with astral wanderlust. Most of his stock are in other worlds so he holds his possessions in this one (mostly his body, wide necked shirts and sweaters) pretty loose. Speaks like it, too. If you don't fall for his playfully morbid disregard, he has a raspy voice and big smile underneath all that pretty decay, too.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2016, 12:26:00 am »
sorry for the delay in posting guys but i finally posted~ also, i like dec, verse. he's a nice new addition~

btw, totally ripping this off stranger things, but what do you all think of having some kind of school assembly/memorial thing for Mary?

i was also talking this over with whit awhile back but i was thinking maybe our killer starts off with killing animals before he/she goes for more people? i'm thinking they set out food for strays that's poisoned and pretty much lets the animals kill themselves by eating it. it could be creepy finding random dead animals outside the school grounds or something.

let me know what you guys think!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2016, 07:12:51 am »
Motorbike! Woho!

I like the memoria thing! Will it be the day that we're in now? How fast does a school get those up?

And thanks lyte. Now I have to dig up what drugs he could possibly be into in the 80s.

As for killing animals, there should be dead blue jays somewhere, right, with it being their mascot.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2016, 05:21:00 pm »
Well, it seems like Chase and Sadie are leaving so if you want a Memorial Assembly maybe the next day? We could go with a Friday and then do some sort of party or bonfire thing that will gather them someplace in the autumny woods?

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2016, 08:39:21 pm »
yeah, i was thinking the memorial would be the following day. also, they should be helping out with the Hallows festival too (probably during the weekend).

i kind of want to avoid a bonfire, only because it's the main event of the Hallows festival. but i do like the idea of a forest party.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2016, 08:44:49 pm »
work on the weekend? That bitch Mary better be dead.

Tomorrow then!

When can we expect to find animals bodies? can we just sprinkle them in whenever?

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2016, 09:56:44 pm »
So we'll think of some reason for the not pep-squad kids to be at the school too for the weekend.. maybe stealing something? Or maybe just breaking in to some shed to hang out all small town bored like?

Also, I hate to be the voice of psychos, but where's the terror people? Is Mary going to have been murdered and everyone gets suspicious? Is someone going to go missing? Get found dead? Perhaps gutted? Skinned? Stuffed in a closet? I elect Mr. Beaumont..

Maybe the students have forest parties then? Like a special place they usually drive out to in the woods?

EDIT: because I hit send too fast... I get that you want this serial killer to start with animals, but that could take years... at least months. Can we at least have her death be mysterious to make it kinda creepy? Or maybe posts by the psycho thinking psycho things about people? We could take turns writing him.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2016, 10:39:18 pm »
Just putting this out here

she loves being the voice of psychos.

Most towns have a make-out place that could double as partying ground. Could be a good place for spreading rumors and/or finding dead stuff. Forest parties sounds so pagan! Maybe Elinor and Isabelle could make an appearance?

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2016, 03:37:36 pm »
Posted!  If people wanna post things or whatever and I'm holding things up don't wait for me, move Sades as you need~

:jill: