The Last Watch OOC [Closed]
« on: June 04, 2016, 06:04:56 am »
For discussions and stuff and junk... ^_^

Penfighter

• See You Space Cowboy...
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Watch OOC [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 04:16:50 pm »
Seems legit! I'll get a post up soon. :)

Penfighter

• See You Space Cowboy...
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Watch OOC [Closed]
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 05:43:38 pm »
POSTED

I am basically as in the dark as you guys as to exactly what is going on. Basically, Thomas has a new lead in the investigation into what happened to his wife a number of months ago. This has everything to do with the "Wild Hunt" premise, but exactly what that is remains a mystery to me.

I don't want to reveal what his "powers" are yet as I'd like to keep that knowledge to myself until his abilities are basically "unlocked". But his wife, I can tell you a bit about her. She's got a really cool and fun power that allows her to see into other people's past lives. The catch is, she can't see her past lives and remember who she used to be before reincarnating. This is really cool when she meets someone who lived a previous life that knew her in a previous life....talk about drama!

Anyway, her being taken has something to do with her power as it would allow anyone capable of manipulating it (or her) to investigate the past lives of anyone they wanted. Maybe someone associated with The Hunt is trying to find a certain person or people? I don't know, but it seemed like a good thing to toss in there.

I look forward to your posts!

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
A breif History of the Lock(e) & Keye
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 05:40:49 am »
History of Lock and Keye

Mel's great-great-great-great grandmother Emily Clarke, an emigrant and a witch, was one of the original "Mercer Girls" brought to Seattle to help increase the population of "eligible women" for the male settlers to marry.

She really was running from witch hunters in England and was getting as far and as lost as possible. She married quickly, but her haven and her happiness wouldn't last, as many Clarke women tend to find tragedy not many years after finding happiness in love.

After her husband died, Emily retained her maiden name and she and her two daughters were left to fend for themselves. Emily, with the money she was left from her semi-successful businessman of a husband, opened the original Locke & Keye in Seattle's business district.

Her oldest daughter Melody took it over in her early 20's and saw it rebuilt atop the old building, just like much of the district, after the Seattle fires of 1889 that also claimed Emiliy's life. It was at this same time the Locke and Keye began to be more "mystical" in it's clientele and in it's services. It kept most such activities below ground for the next 50+ years, continuing to be passed down from mother to daughter, though generally under less tragic circumstances than Emily to Melody.

It was in the 1960's after the world's fair, under Emiline Clarke's care that the Lock and Keye began to protect and guard against the entrance of most "mortals" and be a refuge for those of the mystical variety.

The bar has been quietly successful since and was passed to Mel at the age of 19, after the untimely death of her mother, Eliza. Mel's grandmother Mary offered to come back and care for the place, but Mel insisted that she remain happy and retired.