Paragraphite

Star Wars: Rise of the Sith [Closed] Read 4792 times

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Rise of the Sith [Closed]
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2016, 07:37:38 am »
Manx only offered a cursory nod of acknowledgement to Master Corvainus. He had no words for him, and kept walking. They would head off Ergas before the quorum and give Dawn and Alec time to converse. “He is here for Dawn’s quorum,” he spoke to the air and to Dreven. “If you want to catch up with him later we will see if he has time.”

He knew he shouldn’t truly get in the way of his padawan growing. Even so, he wouldn’t let Dreven visit with Corvainus alone.

The topic shifted to Ergas. “Just be honest, Dreven,” he said softly, voice lowering a bit. “Formal, but honest,” Dreven would be blunt otherwise, and Ergas would not appreciate that in the least. “Tell him what happened as it happened. I will be here to back up your story.” And his own weakness.

As they walked up the rocky stairs to a part of the main campus where Manx sensed Ergas, he noted Dawn and Alec not far, heading to the waterfalls. He didn’t question it as he walked out onto the quad and saw Master Ergas rushing from one building and towards the docks. No doubt, he’d sensed their arrival. A conversation must have delayed him.

Manx lifted his hand, and the eyes of the cerean man fell to him.

If there was worry, it was muted in his approach. “Where is the infant?” that was the first question from the Master, who looked at how injured the two were. “Dawn…?”

“Knight Jinn has gone with Master Corvainus. The infant is not with us. We have a much larger problem than angry parents, Master.”
Manx said.

There, Corvainus did look truly concerned. He looked between Manx and Dreven, and then fixed his blue eyes wholly on Dreven when Manx made a gesture to him, understanding the young padawan was to explain the situation.

~***~

Dawn could barely manage to smile at the mock-offense that her master played at, and as she wrapped her arms around him, she did roll her eyes. She might have said something, but his whisper caught all her attention. ‘Ah.’ Deception was the name of this game, then. They were being watched.

It was as serious as she feared, then. Ergas was out for her head. ‘Try.’ She wouldn’t be ousted from the Order so easily. She was getting a Consular’s seat before that ever happened.

As they parted, she made of show being exasperated with him, but hooked her arm in his and stepped close, “Why aren’t you retired yet?” She joked, but walked with him. He was not so old to need her assistance, or anyone’s. He was strong enough in the Force, but he didn’t let that rule him. He trained all aspects of himself, as much a fighter as a diplomat, and Dawn had always respected that.

A true Jedi was one who focused on everything. Holistic.

They walked to the waterfalls, an area she had always favored, and one she knew would drown out their conversation to others as the waters rushed near them and acted like a white noise machine. It was there everything changed, and Dawn listened.

“There isn’t—”
she grit her teeth on the outburst and took a deep breath, pressing the anger down. It was easier to feel around him, to be honest. She wasn't afraid that he would reproach her for it, even if she didn't think he bought into her philosophies.

How many times did she have to say it to be heard? ‘There is no dark side!’ Another breath. “I am not the Sith. We met a Sith on Tython, and Manx let him get away,” there was bitterness. Dawn was still certain if it hadn’t been for Manx’s decisions, the Sith would have been disposed of on Tython. “I’m not Sith,” she stated. “I’ve taught Ergas’s padawan things he wouldn’t approve of, but not because I want to turn him from the Jedi.”

So-called dark side talents.

She’d be honest with Alec, though. She wasn’t sure if he accepted her philosophy or not, but there’d be no hiding it from him. Not that she really hid her philosophy. 

Silentslash

• The sky has fallen and I bare it's weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2016, 05:41:19 am »
Dreven nodded as Manx spoke, 'we' though? Master Alec had given him advice secretly and Dreven never told his Master. It was actually useful and had helped him calm his mind. 'Remember your rage is temporary but your inner peace is permanent.' He was aware of why the quorum was so important. Even Master Corvainus was going to be present in person.

Formal, he could do that but for how long? He sensed something. He knew it was other Jedi but the power from both individuals was overpowering. Master Ergas' pull was also felt, as he and his Master climbed the stairs. Dreven kept his cool and smiled and bowed when he was Master Ergas.

Those blue eyes were piercing. Dreven bit his lip and stepped forward, sticking out his chest and standing straight. He was much taller than Master Ergas and looked down.
"Master, when we found the child, the parents and the locals were reluctant to allow the child to leave. We tried reasoning with them until they became hostile and started firing at us. Then a hooded man, a--" He looked at his Master, looking for encouragement. "A Sith Lord, Master. Master Manx had gone to reason with the parents while Knight Jinn and I engaged the Sith. I charged at the Sith and he countered me."

He looked down and sighed. "When I came too, I had been kidnapped by one of his bounty hunters or mercenaries. I was in shackles and I was used to be traded for.. for the child." The guilt was genuine and Dreven looked to the side, truly hurt from what his rash and aggressive behavior had caused. "Forgive me.. Master."

"Haha now there's an idea, I could do with some vacation." He laughed out loud for those watching, as far as they were concerned, Dawn and himself were catching up by where they used to meditate. When he explained himself, he noticed what was a premature protest, she masked most of it. Not good enough. "There's that temper again."

His hand quickly had grabbed her wrist and his thumb was resting where her pulse went off. "Good.. completely gone in less than a second. Your anger may brew like a storm in your mind but your body must be like a lake. Stagnant and still."

When she was younger, her pulse beat faster and sooner when she was angry. His lesson was to secrete that anger but utilize and conceal it with complete calm. Calming herself down after an outburst should be done in an instant. She had become extremely adept, add that with her extreme sensitivity to the Force and you had a powerful Jedi.

Alec awaited and even became anxious at what she could truly become for one day she would have to kill him or she would die. It wouldn't have been the first time Alec would have to have taken down one of his apprentices. If they couldn't kill him at the end of their training, they deserved to die. What use could they have?

Still, he listened to her and did not interrupt. His grip on her wrist was loose and only his thumb searched for irregularities in the rhythm of the pulses. He also watched her body language to formulate an opinion. This was nothing new, he did this when he used to train her. Alec was a master of deception and thus he was good at spotting it, he knew all the tells. He taught Dawn how to spot falseness in someone's speech vs their nonverbal signals and behavior.

He feigned surprise for learning of Buun.
"I am familiar with your philosophy, an interesting idea. I am a believer that there is no one truth to everything. Alternatives exist for a reason. You must realize how this looks but remember that the truth is and can always be manipulated in your favor. What favors you from what you have said and what I can infer, you all fought a Sith and now the child is not with you. Ergas wants your head or for you to be exiled. Neither will stand with me, Dawn."

He held out his hand for her to grab as he looked into her eyes. Attachment was his one fault out of the few he had that were visible. Here stood the little girl he rescued all those years ago. She was in tears and embraced him when she saw him. Alec had begun his descent away from the Jedi when he met her. His lover had been pregnant with his daughter and his cover he had to have as a Jedi interfered with his ability to visit her. He always saw Dawn as the daughter he never had. When he first embraced and dragged her away from her home, her wails for her mother broke his heart.

He certainly wouldn't blow his cover during the quorum to save Dawn, as much it would hurt him. He would be struck down. However, when he finally turned, he would assure that Ergas would die by his lightsaber. He hoped it wouldn't come to that though.

"I will defend you as much as I can, depending how this quorum goes, it will open up a whole new world I have yet to teach you. Seek me out for the last half of your training." There was an ominous tone to his voice but it had the possibility of being something completely innocent.

"What may save you is the Sith that interfered, this may turn attention from you to that. I do not believe you are Sith nor have steered from the way of the Jedi and I will support you until then end."

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2016, 12:04:31 am »
Manx let Dreven speak first, and when the look came, he gave a nod. ‘State what we saw. State the truth.’

Manx caught Ergas’s eye when the word ‘Sith’ slipped from Dreven’s lips. He expected surprise, but it was not what he saw. No, the cerean Jedi hooded his eyes and seemed…suspicious? It was almost as if something had been confirmed for him, and Manx did not like that look at all. He’d seen it too many times as a padawan under Ergas, and it never meant good things.

Usually, it meant they were going to crash some event and arrest someone.

‘Dawn….’

He let the thought drift and then pulled back to the present. “You left the Sith to Knight Jinn,” that seemed to be what annoyed Ergas as he fixed his eyes on Manx.

“Yes, Master.”

There was a short, bitter laugh. There was a shake of the head. Then, “You left the Sith to the Sith!” It came as a startling snap that had Manx’s eyes widening.

“Dawn is—”

“Dawn is a Sith!”
Ergas didn’t bother holding back. The quorum was soon, and he would see her hanged now. “She must have used her apprentice to take this child from the Jedi Order…this one was strong in the Force,” stronger than most to be causing such a stir on Nox.

Manx’s head was still reeling, but he managed to say, “She was the one who wanted to fight on, to—”

“Kill? Well of course,”
he snapped, “That’s what Sith do. She knew of your attachment to your padawan, though.” He gave Dawn credit—of course, he had to. She was a Sith amongst Jedi, and this trial would see an end to that. Yes, the Jedi didn't kill--indiscriminately. Trial would lead to execution if necessary.

“Is this—is this what the quorum is about?”
Manx still couldn’t quite get his head around it, couldn’t believe it. “Master, she’s not a Sith!” His eyes were now almost wild with a renewed panic for Dawn. He, too, had attachment issues as his Master just stated, and he threw a wild-eyed look to Dreven, as if he could say something that might help.

~***~

‘I am human.’

It was always what Dawn wanted to say, always what pulled at the edges of every moment of emotion.

But, the Jedi did not like her philosophy, and she was all too aware she was meant to be more than human. To be ‘above’ emotions. She had calmed, but it was still seen. Both criticism and approval fell from her Master’s lips as his hand took her wrist and felt her pulse.

Yes, she could calm it, but the emotion didn’t vanish. She could make it seem as if it wasn’t—which was what he was checking for—but it was still there.

His grip remained there, and Dawn did not struggle to remove it. To hide. From him, there was no point. He was only ever looking out for her—even then. He believed her. He humored her philosophy. “He will accuse me of being the Master of the Sith,” which, flattering though it was, couldn’t be further from the truth. If Ergas wanted her head, though, it was bound to happen that way. She’d deny it. She’d have to hope the others in the quorum believed her, or believed Alec.

Whichever.

She shut her eyes as he spoke of a new world opening up, of defending her. The rage was stilled with little racing of her heart this time, but then they fluttered opened as he mentioned other teachings. ‘I have learned….’

Dawn did not question it. Not then.

She had learned all the things required of a padawan to become a Knight.

That did not mean she had learned everything, and so she nodded, mute. ‘Seek me out…?’ It sounded as if she might go away. It sounded as if the battle was already lost, and that was what her mind focused on. The idea of seeking him out, as if it might be a difficult thing to do.

She stepped into Alec’s bubble again, and wrapped her free arm around him, leaving the other in his grip, where his thumb still pressed on the vein. “Thank you.” What else could she say? He was willing to put himself on the line to defend her. If she was exiled, or executed, he would be looked at differently.

Silentslash

• The sky has fallen and I bare it's weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2016, 06:23:36 am »
Dawn a Sith? There was no way, sure he was aware that she was very powerful with the Force. She usually stood out o Dreven when she was nearby, but the power that Buun had.. it was unlike he had ever felt. As Ergas went on, Dreven could see how the whole situation looked bad but he was certain Buun would have killed them all if he had the chance.

What was very peculiar was how they had been intercepted by the Sith and his bounty hunters just as they were retrieving the child. It was too much to be a coincidence which could only mean someone had to been feeding the Sith information. Could it be Dawn?

It was one of the few rare times he had ever seen his Master lose his cool. The crazed look eye in gave Dreven chills. He looked at Master Ergas as if he could say something to convince him.

"Master Ergas, when we were arriving, Dawn and I felt something. The Sith had to of been suppressing his power on purpose as to not be detected. Supposing Dawn is a Sith and retrieving the child was her objective, why would her apprentice wait for us to arrive to try and steal her away? I am certain we were followed to the location of the child, why would her apprentice got through the trouble of fighting us and bringing three bounty hunters with him assuming that was the objective? This Sith was very powerful and nearly killed all three of us, I can't see any of this being staged."

He didn't know if that would help, if he could throw even some doubt in Ergas' mind, perhaps that would help Dawn no matter how little.

He shook his head when she mentioned he would accuse as being Master of the Sith. How little they all knew. The Master was right under their noses and it wasn't Dawn. He made no comment towards that, he preferred to dwell on it.

"Come now, we do not want to be late. I want them to see us go in together so they all know you have my support. Lucky for you, your old Master has a lot of pull with the Council." he mused as he usually did. He had a lot of hands to shake and quick recaps to have with the members of the Council and other Jedi who would be present.

What would her reaction be when he would reveal what he really was? Would she reject him and try to escape? No, if it came to that, she would have to die. He couldn't risk her knowing his biggest secret and not be loyal to him. However, he doubted such an outcome, Dawn had always been loyal and he was sure she would embrace learning more.

He would ease her into it, perhaps exercises on how to defend against the Sith which would progress into how to use their own abilities against them. There were so many ways but she would have to survive the quorum first.

"Remember you have the upper hand here, you are innocent and Ergas and the rest of the Council must be the ones to bring forth evidence of your wrongdoing. Clear your mind and remain calm, they will want to turn public opinion against your favor."

Alec said this softly, tightening his arm against her as they climbed the steps to the temple.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2016, 03:39:04 am »
Master Ergas scoffed at what the padawan had to say, adding only, “The Sith are emotional and unpredictable beings. With the rule of two in play, it may have been in this Sith’s head to off the Master then and there.”

Emotional beings indeed, but Jedi were not deadened or heartless. The cerean looked to his former padawan and let out a sigh, “I will not let my own emotions cloud my judgment. Neither should you, Manx,” he reached out to put a hand on Manx’s shoulder, “Search your feelings,” a phrase Manx had always found odd, “You must know there is something amiss about Dawn.”

If Ergas was expecting an answer, he did not get one. Manx did search his feelings. He did know that to be true.

He would not say it.

So Ergas took his hand from Manx’s shoulder, “In any case, you both need to focus more on controlling your feelings. Your attachments run too deep.” And with the Sith threat, that could mean those emotions would be used against them. Turn them. Already, he could imagine Manx falling from sorrow. Dreven falling from anger.

He did not want to see it. “Go. We’ll discuss this matter more in detail, and I will present it before the quorum,” it may damn Dawn or it may save her, he did not know. Much would hinge on Dawn herself, and her own, former Master.

Manx gave a nod, and with a look to Dreven, started to walk away. They would both need to work on this – and he intended to head to one of the reflection pools where they would have an easier time, apart from distractions, even if Manx’s worry would be difficult to leave behind.

~***~

Clear your mind.

Innocent.

Dawn controlled her breathing as they walked up the steps towards the temple, a steady pace. Yes, she was innocent of being the Sith, but there was much else she was not innocent of. How much would Ergas know? How much would she need to answer for?

‘The blood.’

At the top of the steps, with the temple in sight, Dawn froze, “Master, I cannot go in like this,” perhaps the blood on her outfit would show that she fought with the Sith, opposed a Sith, but a secondary thought sprang to mind.

She wasn’t bleeding.

Wasn’t wounded. Had not been treated in a bacta tank. What she’d learned, what she’d done, was not Jedi-approved use of the Force. Not at all taught by them. It might not be denied by them – there were books that spoke of how Jedis in the old days used to help with Agriworlds – but she had learned this from Sith lore.

If she had to explain it, she could lie, but she wanted to do as little of that as possible. “I need to go change first. I can meet you back here.” He wanted them to go in together.

Did not explain why she needed to change, hoped it would be seen as simply a need to appear put together. Poised. If he started asking…he might soon learn what else she’d learned from studying the lore of the dark side. Might doubt her innocence. That was the last thing she needed right then.