News: 
Paragraphite

HP thread! Interested? Read 4204 times

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
HP thread! Interested?
« on: January 05, 2016, 02:54:25 pm »

I want to do a Harry Potter thread! Okay, but minus Harry Potter himself. I’d like to do it prePotter, if that works for anyone else interested. I'm thinking Victorian Era!

I imagine it'll be mostly character driven school drama but I think every story needs some antagonists so one of my ideas for this is to have a secret and evil society lurking about the school with student members. I’m going to call it the Society of Teeth and members have predator totems, sometimes wearing them in the form of rings or cuff-links or whatnot to distinguish themselves to other members—but of course students and teachers not in the society wouldn’t recognize them as anything special.

Of course, things have to get out of hand. So maybe the society has particularly volatile plans this term or someone finds out about them—getting suspicious—and they go to terrible lengths to keep their secret.

Ideas are welcome!

I've already been working on some characters.

Sound off if you have any interest in joining and I'll start tossing up character sheets and we can pan out the details together!

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
Re: HP thread! Interested?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 10:22:02 pm »
i'm totally down and so into this being in the victorian era~

edit: because jill insisted i should ask, i know most of the wizarding families are hella racist against muggles, half-bloods, and muggle borns so i'm just wondering if they'll be sexist as well since this is set in the Victorian era.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:09:25 am by Lightning »

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 12:00:50 pm »
Hmm... I'd like to think the wizards would be more power and snob oriented in their discriminations so I'd lean toward no? Unless sexism suits someone's plot ideas in which case--what would you like?  :goldenflower:

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 06:04:37 pm »

Nero Hiva Dinaskas

Seventh year. Gryffindor. 18. Head Boy.

Comes from a long line of Slytherins but was placed in Gryffindor. Has convinced the entire school that he is a kindhearted young man forced to live with a family of villains. Always available to help out a fellow classmate or teacher. Dedicated student and accomplished quidditch player.

Secretly evil and plotting against the weaker bloodlines.

Head of the Society of Teeth. Wolf totem.

Demetria Mathilda Dinaskas

Sixth year. Slytherin. 17

Conflicted over her position as a Slytherin legacy and her brother's deception of the school. Had a friendship with a Hufflepuff her first year but over break her friend was cursed--no longer able to speak. It's a common rumor in Hogwarts that Demetria cursed her former friend, confirmed by her brother Nero. Not many suspect otherwise but no one suspects Nero did it himself.

Isolated by the strategic rumors her brother has spread about her over the years, her only friends are other Slytherins who believe and approve of the things she's rumored to have done. Trying to embarrass her roll in Hogwarts and her family, choosing to come across cold and disinterested, but drawn to meddling in her brother's plots before anyone gets hurt.

I left the roll of her former friend super vague in case anyone wants to use it. He/She would be mute from the curse, maybe with some people still trying to find a way to reverse it? They could either have been threatened by Nero into not telling who really cursed them or made to forget. Not sure how wand work would go without a voice but it could be interesting, or they could have had to focus on other fields of study?

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 09:24:56 am »
either or works for me~ they could or could not be sexist, i think the wizarding world at the time could lean either way. it would make sense that they weren't though, they did have female house founders.

i'm working on a sheet, just split atm between ravenclaw and gryffindor.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 10:48:10 am »

Nathaniel J. Turner
sixth year. ravenclaw. prefect.

Sixteen and a chaser on Ravenclaw's quidditch team, Nate constantly strives to prove himself to be a capable wizard. Born from muggle parents, Nate often has a difficult time with the pure blood wizarding families who often find him and other muggle borns to be lesser wizards.

Nathaniel is studious and patient, often working with his father as a laborer during breaks. He often hides his cleverness with polite and friendly words, knowing it can be sometimes difficult to make friends at Hogwarts given his family background.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 09:24:56 pm »
Love it! Want Nathaniel and Nero to be friends? You know, different class years and houses but still, they could be casual friends maybe or Nathaniel could be in a higher level class and they could have met? Of course, Nero will probably be plotting Nathaniel's doom and hating him but that'll all be on the inside. On the outside he looks very charming and not at all insane.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 10:14:51 pm »
sure, i don't mind, they can totally be friends~ prefects do a lot of stuff together too. they patrol the halls and they even have their own private bath. that and they're quidditch rivals~

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 04:52:33 pm »
Oh! Nero could plot something terrible for Nathaniel, either for him to take the blame for something or maybe endanger him and Demetria could have to warn or save Nathaniel!

Jill says she's taking the mute character and she's going to also have been cursed to not remember that Nero took her voice so he will now be wooing her because, well, he's evil and that seems like the natural choice.

I'm getting so excited about this!

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 09:55:15 pm »
yasssss i'm totally down. i think putting him in some kind of danger and having Demetria save him would be cool~

Pach_Work

• prone to imagination spasms
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 01:28:16 am »
I'm definitely involved in another one of these...but I somehow still feel like I'm missing out if I don't join.

I'm in!  :ronquid:

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 12:21:18 pm »
Pach! You are super welcome to join. I have crazy work this week so I won't be working on the starter until next week. So you have plenty of time to come up with a char. And we have lots of emoji things for inspiration.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 01:18:12 pm »
Alright, so I'm thinking we'll start with the start of the year? Classic? I'll start working up a first post tomorrow!

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 02:23:21 pm »
Thread up!

I just jumped in. I figure we can develope it together as we go. So, late 1800's, Hogwarts. Go!

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 03:01:40 pm »
Estelle Magnificia Grey
Hufflepuff.  Sixth Year.  Sixteen.

Once easily expressive, the first to laugh, Estelle is almost a ghost of her former self.  She remembers nothing about the loss of her voice, only that now her heart hurts every time she sees her one-time bosom friend Demetria. 

Her best subject is Potions, though she's been trying to master wordless spellcasting, without success.  In the warm, lively hum of the Hufflepuff common room, she writes letter after letter home, the pages thick with things she cannot say aloud, anymore.

Waifish, pale, with bundles of golden brown hair and big, sad gray eyes.  She has a small plump smile, however, and beauty marks, both under her left eye.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:20:20 pm by Jill the Ripper »

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 03:19:12 pm »
i just wanted to say that the first post is absolutely lovely, Ara, and i adore it.

Also, we should do one great big messy love tangle.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 03:47:40 pm »
Dare I even ask what a "bosom friend" is?

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 09:24:23 pm »
Friends that have bosoms? Or friends that smoosh bosoms? Haha I think it's just an old term for close friends. Bosoms in this case being hearts?

Beau, are you joining!? Did you want to be Jill's bosom friend? We can fight for her..

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 01:55:06 am »
Beau and I are going to be twins (bosom siblings?) We are currently plotting out our characters. Also waiting on Light when she has time to make me pretty pictures like you all have.

Loved the opening. I'm so excited to start!

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2016, 03:47:00 am »

Elizabeth Claire Wood
"Betsy"
Sixth year. Gryffindor. Prefect. 16.

As a witch with an allure for the exciting and dangerous, Betsy would undeniably go out of Quidditch the first opportunity she had, especially with a deep family history in the sport. Her imagination and creativity often lead her into risky situations that sometimes end up fun...or potentially fatal. She doesn't make a terribly reliable Prefect. The appointed duty is easily the first overlooked while maintaining her high marks in class and keeping up with practices.

A detailed Hungarian Horntail tattoo on the back of her neck is one of the visual results of her sometimes impulsive behavior. Some of her classmates are often disapproving of this but she remains proud of the bold decision. Dragons captivate her, and she aspires to meet one someday.

Quite plain-spoken about almost anything, Betsy has had her foot-in-mouth moments. But there is one outstanding secret that she doesn’t dare speak of to anyone, not even to her twin brother.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:02:57 am by Pach_Work »

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 08:29:52 pm »

Benjamin Kyle Wood
Benji
Sixth Year, Gryffindor Prefect, 16

The quieter, more thoughful of the twins, he plays Keeper for the Gryffindor team, and maintains a protective air about most things and people.  He has a love for both flaura and fauna - perhaps preferring them to the people around him - which explains why he sometimes slips out of the castle late at night when he should be patrolling.  The forbidden forest has almost as many secrets as Benji.

He's reluctant (if not afraid) to challenge the authority of the headboy.  Indeed he believes the rumors told.  He's secretly always admired Estelle.  One day he'd like to present her with a "cure" which could be the reason he spends so much time making notes and experimenting in the dark night.

(I do hope you all weren't waiting for me.  My posting prowess has not been much of late....)

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2016, 11:27:26 am »
Betsy and Benji! Cuuuuute. And no one should be waiting on anyone to post in the IC thread. You're all welcome to jump into that whenever.

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2016, 03:00:17 am »
So I have a post to kick us off in Potions class. I wanted to ask and see if you had a professor in mind or should I just wing it? :3

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 07:33:59 am »
Wing it! Exciting!

MyDiorama

• Architect
  • tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2016, 10:37:48 am »
Oohh. a Harry Potter thread!
I will proably not write, but I'm looking forward to read it! :D  :hpchibi: :errol: