News: 
Paragraphite

thread with a video game world flavor. [interest check] Read 6695 times

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
thread with a video game world flavor. [interest check]
« on: December 23, 2015, 10:22:48 am »
i know i'm infamously terrible with posting buttttttt i'm on break and i'm super hyped up on ffVII and things soooooo...

i'm thinking game world rp with some awesome fantasy, kick-ass, modernish style.

i haven't decided if this will be one of those omg, we were playing this game and now we're stuck in it how do we get out thing yet, or if it's just people playing a game, or if it's just a world that seems really gameish.

obviously, this is final fantasy inspired, but it does have flavors of the multitudes of other games, books, animes, etc. on the subject. honestly, i just think game worlds are fucking cool and i like having classifications for characters so yeah, let's just go with that.

anyways, before i go into the world building, i'd like to see if there's any interest in participating in such an rp or what it would take to garner interest. i'm pretty flexible on the world and classes of characters, classes being things like warrior, thief, mage, etc.

i'd like the world to have fantasy elements like magic, unusual creatures, monsters, etc. with some modern elements like guns, trains maybe, and glittering cities because i like them.

but everything is pretty much on the table, i'm really just interested in seeing if anyone else wants to play~

:ninja:

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
Re: thread with a video game world flavor. [interest check]
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 03:28:09 am »
I'm extremely interested - how could I not be, haha? It would be an excellent opportunity to try some suggestions a friend has been making about my own posting habits...which I'm pretty sure are even worse than yours, lol.

If you'd have me though, I'd love to play.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 05:56:47 am »
if i'd have you pshhhhh like you even need to ask. of course i'm thrilled to have you aboard! let's both fix our terrible posting habits.

i'm also really tempted to rip off part of the plot line for log horizon for this, given i've only seen like two or three episodes, but i liked how it was done and the classes as well~

and oh look picture spam:

« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 06:07:44 am by Lightning »

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 09:08:04 am »
Sounds good to me, I've seen both seasons of Log Horizon (big fan, like it way more than SAO, which I still liked a lot) and I have an embarrassing amount of experience with MMOs. Rip to your heart's content, yo.

Those pictures are amazing too - that last one seems really familiar, but I can't put my finger on where I've seen it. Is that an SAO city? Actually, looking at it again, it seems much more Final Fantasy in style...? God damn it, this is going to haunt me.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 09:24:19 am »
i googled .hack and got that. i kind of sort of watched it, but cartoon network/adult swim was terribly out of order with it and i got confused and i mainly just watched it cause the art was pretty.

also! i'm settling myself on a bit more plot to get an idea where this is going.

i've decided to go with the whole oh noes we're trapped in the video game that we play what the fuck do we do now thing. which is totally log horizon shhhhh. i really liked their idea of that your character in the game isn't necessarily what you look like in real life, which, lets face it, is true with EVERY game. unless it's the mii characters, mine looks just like me~

so yeah, because game you and you irl aren't the same, it could make shit weird and awkward since you're basically in a body you didn't live in for all of your life and now suddenly, bam, you are. so this could mean some fun training sessions/walking/living in the new bod. there's also the whole not playing your same gender or species (beast people!!!).

also, for added drama, if you die in the game you DO NOT come back. you are not revived or anything of that sort. i want the characters to find this out, however, which means we'll have to have a semi-important npc die. meaning he/she was part of the team, friends whatever, is killed and then doesn't come back and everyone basically flips their shit or whatever.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 09:37:27 am »
Oh, .hack! Man, I haven't seen that show in almost a decade. I played all four of their games on the ps2 a lot too, lol.

Sounds perfect to me! I'm all for perma-death and trapped in the mmo world. Would they still be referred to by their usernames? And is this game brand new, with everyone still learning how to play when they realize they can't log out a la Sword Art Online, or is it like Log Horizon where the most recent expansion is what traps them?

On the bodies note: it's been a little while, but didn't the bodies in Log Horizon change a little bit too? I remember the short ninja girl actually being a tall character at first, then she gets shrunk down? Maybe I'm just misremembering. Either way, I actually prefer the idea that they're stuck in different bodies that force them to adapt, haha - my characters never look anything like me either, so that would be really interesting.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 09:48:09 am »
yeah, i'm not sure if i want to go with new game or the expansion route so we'd have a mix of veterans and newer people. there's nice things about both, although i think doing it with an expansion might make perma death a lot more dramatic.

i didn't think about the username thing, good catch! hm, it'd probably be best to go with usernames/whatever name they gave the character since the body of the character could be considerably different from the person outside of the game.

and yeah, in log horizon, the main assassin chick had a character that was a dude and was extremely uncomfortable with that for obvious reasons and had the main guy help her out with having a rare potion that allows you to change the appearance/gender of your character. (this was one of the few episodes i did watch).

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 10:11:47 am »
Oh, it was a potion! That makes sense. I knew they couldn't have all completely reverted, since that badass cat guy was still, ya know, a cat.

Expansion works for me. We can semi-skip all the lame starting abilities and have some actually interesting combat that way too, once they've had a chance to adjust to their bodies.

Username/whatever name they have the character works for me too. It's a lot more fun coming up with those kind of makes anyways, haha. Any ideas on what you want to do for your character yet, class and gender wise?

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 10:27:30 am »
to be honest, i have no idea what i want to do character wise yet, especially considering there's a shit ton of options. i'll probably need to form a list of classes and what the abilities, pros, and cons of each class are and then go from there.

so far, i know there needs to be a knight/warrior type, a mage/summoner type, and an assassin/thief type since those are usually the main three, but the rest is kind of up in the air. a healer/cleric type is probably good one to have too.

i also need to develop the world of the game itself, including a name for the damn thing (i suck at naming shit). although, not gonna lie, i may get super lazy and rip some shit off of final fantasy or something mainly cause their game worlds are awesome and hella pretty.

so yeah, i'll probably work on that stuff over the next couple of days, if you've got a suggestion on a class let me know and actually any other ideas in general, you seem to be catching stuff that i keep missing.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 10:38:20 am »
Sounds good! No rush of course, just hit me up if you want to bounce ideas. And like I said before, rip to your heart's content - I love all those things, so you won't hear any complaints from me.

I'll probably make my class whatever best compliments what you choose. If it helps, in most MMOs, there are three basic types of characters: tanks, healers, and dps. They all have various subcategories, but if we're looking to have a party of characters going forth and killing shit, that's the holy trinity of mmo gaming. so pretty much like you said: a knight/warrior to protect the others, a caster as the healer/spell slinger/support, and a more agile type focused on doing a lot of damage. There are a ton of classes that really blur the lines between the two as well.

Naturally though, we don't really need to follow that model at all.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 10:54:25 am »
yeah, i wanted to kind of construct the setting up of characters like a video game but then, once they become trapped in the game, the game itself takes on more of real life applications, which will be a bit of a challenge for the players who were use to playing it as you know, a game.

basically, they've become their characters and now they have to figure how to utilize their skills, techniques, etc. by means that aren't pressing a button. i hope that makes sense.

i also know almost nothing about mmos and i'm basing all my knowledge on rpg games and anime/manga. i'm probably gonna toss the mmo rules out the window, mainly for fear of ruining them anyway.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 10:58:56 am »
Nah, it absolutely makes sense, no worries - I'd rather it that way, honestly. It's much more interesting your way.

I'll be looking forward to seeing what you decide on.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2015, 11:34:26 am »
Character Class List (may change)

The Knight Class
-This class specializes in the usage of swords and shields.
-Has higher defense stats than other classes
-Above average attack stats as well
-Slower than other classes due to protective gear/armor
-A bit of a steeper learning curve that can be slackened by apprenticing.
-The only class that can have a rider subclass. Knights can become incredibly skillful at riding horses and using them in battle. All other classes merely use horses for travel.
-Knights are considered the masters of swordsmanship and can learn various arts with the blade. Some discard the shield in order to prefect their sword techniques.
If a Knight wishes to wield a two-handed sword, they must also sacrifice the usage of a shield.

The Pugilist Class
-This class specializes in hand-to-hand combat
-Above average attack stat
-Above average speed stat due to a lack of heavy armor/protective gear
-Below average defense stats due to the lack of heavy armor/protective gear
-Can improve various stats by learning various martial arts or other hand-to-hand combat techniques and styles
-Skillful in counter attacks, with impressive reflexes. In the pugilist class, the entire body is a weapon.
-Most gear focuses on protection for the hands and feet. Most pugilists wear gloves to protect their hands from blades and also enhance physical strength. They usually wear footwear with similar applications.

The Dualist Class
-This class utilizes two weapons usually two swords or axes
-One of the highest attack stats
-Average speed stat, may be raised or lowered depending on the gear, although lighter gear is preferable for best use
-Average defense stat, can vary also depending on the gear
-One of the most well-rounded and formidable classes that requires great skill. A Dualist is not only proficient offensively but can balance the usage of either weapon for defensive purposes as well.
-The Dualist class is also proficient in countering.
*This class has a very steep learning curve and the leveling up requirements are harder to satisfy. Not recommended for beginners.

The Hunter Class
-This class utilizes guns with bullets or a bow and arrows that can be influenced by magic
-Bullets with magic may contain various elemental effects or supporting effects
-Average attack stat, can vary depending on the types of guns used
-Higher than average speed stat, light gear is usually worn for this class
-Average defense stat
-This class is greatly influenced by the guns the character possesses. It can be good for long-distance and/or close combat.
-It is important to note that supplying for this class can get pricey.
-The hunter class also has impressive eye sight and is proficient at tracking animals and or people.

The Assassin class
-This class utilizes knives, poisons, and a variety of tricks
-The assassin is a skilled information gatherer and scout. They have the ability to blend in with the shadows and are practically silent in their movements.
-High attack stat
-One of the highest speed stats, wears the lightest of protective gear
-Lower than average defense stat
-The assassin class can become a jack of trades with weapons, but is rarely a master of any of them. They are also the only class with a thief skill.

The Mage Class
-This class utilizes magic, mainly elemental magic
-There are four mage subclasses: fire, wind, earth, and water. A mage usually masters one of these subclasses. It's extremely difficult to master more than one.
-One of the highest attack stats, however, spells that deal more damage take more time to conjure, while spells that deal less damage can be conjured quicker.
-One of the lowest defense stats. Due to a low defense and a possible high conjuring time, mage classes often do not work alone.
-Average speed stat

The Summoner Class
-This class utilizes magic to summon beasts/gods to its aid. Summoning can vary in length, dependent on the power of the being that is to be summoned
-Some summoners can keep a beast/god summoned constantly, however, this will deplete mana at a constant rate as well.
-Attack stat varies on the thing summoned.
-Average defense stat
-Below average speed stat
-Summoning knowledge must be obtained to summon various beings and can be found through books usually

The Healer Class
-This class utilizes magic to heal and treat wounds, thus it is more of a supporting class
-Their magic, however, is incredibly effective against creatures of dark magic
-One of the lowest attack stat
-Higher than average defense stat
-Average speed stat
-The healer class CANNOT bring anyone back from the dead
-This class has the easiest learning curve and characters with this class are usually impervious to poisoning or dark magic that is weaker than their own. They are often fighters of the undead because of their special properties and abilities.
-A healer is usually recommended for all parties.

these are the classes i've come up with so far, just to give an idea what each class is capable of. of course, given things will have more real world applications, things are prone to change since it won't be so strictly game formatted anymore but that's something for the characters to figure out.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:00:52 am by Lightning »

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2015, 01:02:29 pm »
Looking good! I like the diversity.

Maybe a few unique touches to each one to make them really distinct? Assassin and Puglisist seem similar at a glance, but the poison and variety of weapons makes the assassin stand out a little more. Maybe Pugs are good at counters? Their damage is above average typically, but they excel at dodging an attack and striking back in the moment of vulnerability, letting them do high burst damage if skilled enough? So the Pug edges out the Assassin on power, but the Assassin wins in terms of overall speed?

Which in my mind would translate to high risk, high reward when death is a very real possibility if the pug messes up his or her timing.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2015, 12:56:38 am »
If you need another body I could probably recycle past character and a mage/summoner for you -- assuming it doesn't step on any-ones toes.  Procrastinators unite!

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2015, 10:15:14 am »
Pride, you're a genius. I'm totally gonna do as you've suggested and add some more unique features. I was totally lazy and just went with the basics but adding on would definitely be a plus.

Beau, you can totally reuse your character. I doubt you'll be stepping on anyone's toes.

On another note, happy holidays guys!

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 10:37:37 am »
so, i added on some stuff and i've also basically melded the archer class and the marksman class together to create the hunter class (yes, i totally ripped it off of destiny but i don't care). if you guys think the classes could use more info, i can definitely add on or feel free to just add it on yourselves in posts/character sheet whatever. i just wanted to give kind of a basic idea of what each class is like.

also, about the world~ i've decided to call the game Skyonline, with its newest expansion pack, Horizon! Horizon adds on an all new country, Ouranos, with its major capital city being called Horizon, which is a beautiful city in the sky. Ouranos has a modernized fantasy setting, like much of Skyonline, however, Ouranos is more futuristic in that the technology is more advanced and cities do not have castle like structures but rather skyscrapers. HOWEVER, Ouranos is full of abandoned castles full of treasure and monsters to tempt adventurers from all over.

With the addition of Horizon, the level cap has been increased, however, its limitation is currently unknown. As it stands, no one knows if anyone has reached the new level cap.

Now, about Skyonline itself. Skyonline consists of two major countries, Terra and Oceana. These countries had been at war previously but are currently at peace.

Terra is full of mountains, dense forests, and deserts. Much of it remains undeveloped and many of its villages and towns have not adapted to or accepted the technologies available to them. Terra is full of grand castles, located in its major cities which have more or less adapted to current technologies. Terra is also known as land of the warriors, as many great knights, pugilists, dualists, and other fighters have come from Terra.

Oceana is a smaller country with multiple lakes, rivers, and forests. It's a flatter land with various plains and hills. Oceana is also littered with caves that invite adventures to explore and find what lies hidden within them. Oceana is a more modernized country with more cities rather than villages, and it is known as the land of magic, as many great mages, summoners, and healers have come from Oceana.

For the most part, players explore both countries, usually in parties to level up, find great treasures, and spread their name across Skyonline. There's also various missions to be completed, however, this depends on interaction with npcs, fame, and the members in your party. The more impressive players develop clans and lead them, often creating their own towns and bringing in their own revenue. Having a successful clan is very difficult and running a town even more so. It is not an impossible feat but it also has not been succeeded by many. Those who have succeeded are usually known throughout Skyonline.

However, although Terra and Oceana are at peace currently, tensions are high and there's a rumor that the new expansion is really a lead to a war between the two countries as Horizon interrupts the currently tender balance in Skyonline.

i'd also like to note that none of this is set in stone either. there's probably holes all over it because i just cranked it out so please let me know if i should add on to it so it'll make more sense. also any other ideas are welcome!

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 10:53:58 am »
Looks solid to me! I love the sound of Horizon particularly.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2015, 11:04:56 am »
awesome. now i need to work on that character sheet thing. i might have the character sheet be two parts, one for the player irl and the other for the character in the game.

also, everyone is totally welcome to play as many characters as they can handle.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2015, 11:06:11 pm »
double post on the same day for serious reasons.

i completely forgot races!!!! /shame.

Humans
Have the largest population in the world of Skyonline. Humans have developed much of the technology now present in all three countries. Humans are the most adaptable of all races and are able to learn a variety of skills.

Beast People (i might give them a fancier name later idk).
They prefer to live in their own communities, however, there are many, especially of the younger generations that have mingled and now reside in human cities and towns. These people resemble humans in the shape of their bodies, however, their appearance is more reminiscent of various animals. They are typically physically stronger than humans and other races.

Elves
Elves are rare and usually live in the forests of Terra in secret cities that are rumored to have been untouched by human hands. Elves are a bit more common in Oceana and some live in the cities there as they feel more accepted as Oceana is a city of magic. They are often educators to mages. Elves are an elegant race with delicate features, long limbs, usually light of skin and have pointed ears. They are quick and often more skilled in magic than other races.

Dwarves
Dwarves are more common than elves and reside mainly in the caves of Oceana. They are skilled weapon makers and have forged many legendary weapons. Dwarves consider themselves to be great warriors and often hold tournaments welcoming all races to participate. Dwarves are short of stature, with a sturdy build and thick skin. They can tolerate a variety of temperatures without much adverse effects.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2015, 11:22:48 pm »
We should start soon, or break will be over.....

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2015, 11:28:32 pm »
We should start soon, or break will be over.....

shhhhhhhh.

i know~ i need to write out the character sheet thing so we can get this party started.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2015, 11:49:01 pm »
Are all the races playable? Or are humans the standard?

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2015, 12:05:12 am »
all races are playable and all races can be any class~

and now.... the long awaited character sheet.

Character Sheet

The Player
Name:
Appearance:
Personality: (just to give a general idea what the player is like, please mention if how the player acts online is different from irl)
Bio:

The Adventurer
Username: (most characters are referred to by their username, so keep that in mind when creating a username)
Race:
Class:
Level: (1-100) (there's a new level cap but it's unknown atm)
Appearance:
Gear:
Personality: (how the player acted with the character online)
Bio: (a background history for the character, not required, use as you will~)

you can totally add on to the sheets as you want, but the info here, other than the bio for the adventurer, is required to be mentioned in some manner. also, for the sake of the plot, all our characters will be a part of the same party. this doesn't implicate that they're all friends but it does mean they've played together to some extent and are at least a bit familiar with one another.

i'll post my sheet soon~ i'm currently split between playing a hunter or a pugilist.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2015, 01:04:00 am »
Renee (Ren) Woodard
twenty

college student/ part timer at a cafe
slender and petite, with copper hair cut into a pixie cut and blue-green eyes. fair of skin with a soft touch of freckles that she often hides under makeup.
clever, although she often speaks before she thinks and has offended more than her fair share of people. she's a bit impatient and hides it behind forced smiles when working at the cafe. in the game, she has the opportunity to be more careful with her words and tries not to offend those she plays with as she believes it'd be difficult to form another party.
Ren is currently attending university and resides in a small apartment about twenty minutes outside of the college. she got into skyonline after watching her younger brother play it at her parent's home and eventually give up on the game. seeing an opportunity, Ren took over her brother's character and now plays for him in skyonline. she enjoys the game extremely as it's different from her normal life, and she believes she has friends here that she would have never made otherwise. before skyonline, Ren was not a gamer and pretty much didn't see the point in these games, but skyonline was so beautifully designed (and her brother so stupidly bad at it) that she couldn't help but want to play it.

Halcyon
human, hunter, lvl 84

tall, athletic build, with short copper hair and dark eyes. he has a tanned complexion and sharp features.
as a hunter, Hal carries a pistol for close combat and a rifle for combat from a further distance. his protective gear is rather light and colored deep green with dark, rich leather. he utilizes the colors to blend into the forests and will change his gear dependent on the country his party is currently in. he uses a variety of bullets, mainly ones with magic from lightning or fire. he assists his party in combat offensively and through support magic, usually having a supply of bullets to boost stats, heal, and confuse the enemy.
Hal seems quiet and careful. he keeps to himself most of the time, but appears to be quite loyal to his party. Ren kept him quiet mainly because of her habit of offending people and kept him a bit distant because the character wasn't originally hers, and she's afraid that her brother's friends in the party will find out it's not him anymore.
unfortunately, Ren is about to extremely regret her decision of taking over her brother's character. fortunately for her, players can change their character's appearance through a rare and expensive item that Ren does not have.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2015, 01:49:08 am »
Awesome, I think I'll go with a Beast Man Pugilist then. I only have my phone available to me for the next few days (still at my in-laws on the east coast), so typing up a sheet will be a little slow - it'll be up sometime tonight.

Also, since we're adapting to our online bodies - does that mean I'll need to adjust to some beast habits/characteristics too? Like if I decided to go part wolf, would my character have to adjust to a higher sense of smell? Or if he's part cat, will he be particularly distracted by laser dots? Or do they, for all intents and purpose, function the same as a human, just with some additional animal appendages?

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2015, 02:02:38 am »
pride, yep, beast people have more animal like tendencies, and they do have a better sense of smell than most other races do as well. the cat beast people also really like boxes, like more than their beds sometimes.

and i can't wait to see y'all's character sheets so we can get this rollin~

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2015, 05:42:51 am »
Alan DuBois
Twenty Three
Remote IT Consultant

Medium height and leaning on the scrawny side of things, his unruly black hair mocks him by dangling wherever it pleases. A pair of rectangular glasses frames a pale face and amber eyes.

Bookish, quiet, and more timid than he had any right to be, feeling distinctly out of place in his own skin. Online however, is a different matter entirely. He thrives in the virtual world, confident and proud, and has no problem cracking jokes and making friends. With the harsh looks and judgmental stares of others locked away behind the monitor, he was finally free to speak his mind.

Thanks to a well paying job that allowed him to work from home and a general discomfort toward the world at large, Alan rarely found the need to ever leave his respectably sized apartment. Even some of the inevitable trips to the grocery store could be avoided thanks to a nosy little sister who was always needlessly worried about his health, dropping by regularly to make sure he had real food on hand and took the occasional breath of fresh air.

An avid video game player his entire life, Alan picked up Skyonline when a lot of his online friends migrated to it. As always, he created his character as the version of himself he’d always wished he could be, and used his experience with mmos and rpgs to quickly make a reputation for himself as a skilled player. It wasn’t long before he’d established himself a group of friends he could reliably party with, and with Horizon fresh off the shelves, he was excited for the chance to slip away from his pathetic reality and take on the form of a real hero.

Valiant
Wolf Man, Knight, lvl 86

Tall, broad and powerful. Dark hair buzzed close to the scalp, with a rather distinct set of wolf ears placed prominently along the top of his head, covered in a light gray fur. His skin tone is of a similar, ashen quality, though it is muscled flesh rather than the soft fur that his tail, long and white-tipped, and ears had. With a strong jaw and wolfish grin, it is only his golden amber eyes that gave any hint of the player behind the knight.

A knight of great skill, Valiant is capable of both unwavering defense and unending offense. He prefers to stick with sword and board tactics, whittling down the enemy with patient efficiency, but would not hesitate to discard his shield and take to the attack when called for.

As the tank of the group, Valiant is at the front line of every battle, drawing the ire of enemies and keeping his friends safe from harm. He dons a full suit of silver plate armor, custom fit for his tail and ears, carved with intricate protective runes to ward against basic mal-alignments and lessen magics.

A pack animal at heart, the wolf man believes strongly in a unified group and ensuring everyone was safe and healthy. Quick to joke and even quicker to laugh, he does what he can to ease tensions and keep spirits up. He feels responsible for the well being of every person in his party – he may not have many friends in the real world, but he would be damned if he allowed any harm to come to the precious few he did have online.

Unfortunately, he would soon come to learn that there were some things even the mighty wolf knight couldn’t protect people from.

--

sorry it took so long, writing posts is so painful on an iphone. decided to go with a knight instead because it fit better with the character i had in mind. let me know if I need to change anything!

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2015, 08:42:16 am »
it's perfect, Pride~ i love them, Valiant is a great addition to the party. looking forward to yours, Beau.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2015, 05:33:25 pm »
The Player
Name: Beau Winters
Appearance: 5' 11", brown hair, blue eyes.
Personality: Too bright for his own good.  He has a strong sense of responsibility and will cover for the mistakes of others for the good of the department.  He'll work through the holidays so someone else can take vacation (he likes the quiet so there is something in it for him). Currently bored at work, and decided his long term relationship wasn't going anywhere either, so he broke up with his girlfriend right before Christmas.  This has given him some extra time to escape on-line.

The Adventurer
Username: Jordon
Race: Beast Person (fish/serpent/mere)
Class: Mage
Level: (1-100) 81 
Appearance: Fair hair, oversized blue eyes, his skin has a greenish tint and there are gills on his neck.
Gear: Some sort of body armor with a metallic hue.  Knife.  Pouch of magic stones and runes. Experienced with water spells.  (I'll update this later)
Personality: Scholarly.  Thoughtful.  Doesn't talk much - so there is an air of mystery.  Gets down to business, plays and leaves without saying goodbye.
Bio: Distance fighter and strategist.  Recruited because he "plays well" but doesn't clutter the game with chat about personal stuff.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 01:46:30 am by Beau »