News: 
Paragraphite

If Read 6075 times

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
If
« on: October 05, 2015, 05:11:43 pm »
If you could live in a fictional world, not of your own creation, which world would it be and why?

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
Re: If
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 06:46:52 pm »
This may be cheating, but I'd live in the world my friend created for a Vampire: the Requiem tabletop (still ongoing story) with Victor Vallenfort, Olivia, and all the others. Naturally, I'd have to be a vampire there, Daeva En, and then I could be as corrupt, rich, powerful, and eternal as I've always dreamed of being (and as I still daydream of being). I'd have a demon, I'd get to say "Have you met my father?" like an arrogant child, and I'd get to live forever assuming my enemies didn't kill me first...but they wouldn't...I mean...they've met my father. -snickers-

Ah, Victor, my favorite villain and GODDAMN MY DM FOR MAKING MY CHARACTER HATE HIM.

I'm looking forward to Chapter Three...

I'd still probably like to end up in any Vampire: the Requiem world, because it can all become so beautifully corrupt, and oh, the powers if I were a Daeva En~ the minions I'd have!

...and I bet most of you thought I'd say Doctor Who.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 12:58:53 am »
...and I bet most of you thought I'd say Doctor Who.

in the words of shakira, "the posts don't lie, your threads feelin' the doctor." or something like that.

also, ara, i notice a distinct lack of you answering your fabulous question, i request an answer asap.

as for yours truly,

i'd probably go with the shadowhunter realm thing that stupid cassandra clare made because while she is terrible and ruins everything by making all her boy characters love her stupid main, the world is AMAZING.

kickass demon hunters with angel bloodlines and tattoos, vampires, werewolves, warlocks, fairies, and demons. it's also set in modern times (mainly new york, but i think there might be shit in london too). naturally, there's magic and tragic romance potential is at its fucking PEAK. honestly, i just like the idea of being a fucking badass that whips out knives and shit while covered in tatts while kicking demon ass.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 08:14:01 pm by Lightning »

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 05:50:25 pm »
My automatic knee-jerk is Harry Potter. The whole Hogwarts allure and a world of magic has always been very appealing to me, ever since I started reading them when I was a kid. The number of times I've almost started HP rp threads is very high.

Being a super hero in the DC comics world would be pretty cool too though. I've always liked the idea of having powers/abilities. That and I'd totes be bffs with Batman, Superman would be mad jelly.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 08:01:18 am »
Krys, that is sooooo close to your own world but not quite, so good luck in Vampire: The Requiem! Knowing you are there would be reason enough for me not to choose it. Not that I don't adore you, just that I know you would kill me.

Light, for someone that rants about Clare a lot you manage to fan her world even more..

I might choose Harry Potter world too, Pride. It's just so cute before it got all depressing and awful. If I happened to be their during the dark years I might just go into muggle hiding. I do appreciate a world where I could just live my life as usual if I wanted. Oh! Or, I might choose the world from this Tanith Lee book I loved when I was younger called Biting the Sun. Basically scifi world where you live forever and get to swap your body for a new one every so often, redesigning it however you like.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 02:19:28 pm »
Krys, that is sooooo close to your own world but not quite, so good luck in Vampire: The Requiem! Knowing you are there would be reason enough for me not to choose it. Not that I don't adore you, just that I know you would kill me.

-cough- Yeah...yeah I would. To be fair, I'd pretty much kill anyone in that world, though.

And Lightning, I've tried to sing that to the lyrics, and failed every time. I've either forgotten how that song goes, or it doesn't fit >.> not gonna listen to it to find out.

Pride...somehow I knew you'd say Hogwarts. I think the first RP I ever did with you was a Hogwarts one, ages ago. It didn't last long, of course.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 06:20:13 pm »
Krys, it doesn't fit but I'm not a musician so what do I know?

Ara, I hate Clare's characters. Most of them are stupid, their romances are dumb, and she avoids or cops out of anything that could be really damn good. So I'd take her world,  add some actual decent romance that doesn't involve self hating all the damn time and add tragedies that don't have a cop out.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 09:05:38 pm »
Light, you would intentionally add tragedies into the world you're choosing to live in? And you don't get to rewrite the world! It's a world. You only get to try to interact in it. I think it's crazy how many of Clare's fans hate on her while loving her world. I've even seen article about it. You may not like her characters and story, but obviously she did something you love so the woman deserves some kudos, right? I tried to read her books but couldn't get into them so I don't have much of an opinion about her work other than that it didn't grab me, but it certainly has a lot of people reading.

Krys, I know I should totally try to be useful to you in a Reqiuem world in order to survive, but I feel like I'd have to try to back stab you to give you that awesome moment of betrayal and then brutal triumph, you know? You're my friend. I owe you that.

I've never been in a Harry Potter thread! Pride, if you ever do one, you have to let me know!

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 09:32:53 pm »
I dislike these rules for the made up things.  :ninja:

Anyways,  Clare had stuff that could have been sad but the end had dumb cop outs, that's all. It was perfect till she threw that in at the end. I like angst and I like development and I feel like she skips out on it so everyone can have a happy ending.

But I digress, being in the shadow hunter realm, I'd definitely be bffs with most of her side characters and hate the mains, which would probably make me a villain but I'm cool with that.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 09:38:37 pm »
I suspect a lot of us would become villains in these worlds. Let's face it, we know how to make a story happen and the villain always gets to do the most steering.

A lot of authors struggle with endings, I've found! And fights. I have a pet peeve about authors that set up battles and then don't do them or find a way around writing it.

Alright, a new IF question...

If you could be any fictional character, which character would you choose? No, you can not pick one you've made or one that has been made specifically for you.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 09:39:44 pm »
Night Shift Nurses by Milky. I'd be sure to have an ailment or two every now and then.

Also, I think I'd like to be in one of those long runner animes based on mangas, like Naruto or Bleach, since no one ever dies but they get to have a pretty good adventure. Of course, if I was an Ensen then it doesn't matter what universe I'm in.

I've always had a fixation with primordial times, but that's geological and not made up.

Also The Matrix! Trippy or boring, either way, can't loose.

And MY Little Pony Universe! It gets dark at times but for most part my chances are good in landing a nice pony life.

Edit: If I could be any fictional character I'd be Raiden from MGS universe, because we're both Snake fanboys. I'm hoping to come across something like him in V, but fat chance, tempo-wise.

I also kinda like Britney Spears in her cartoon MV's.

Akira from Co-ed Sextacy. My idol for a while.

Muraki from Descendants of darkness, because he did White Bish first, in my opinion.

Batman, because then I could finally fight Superman and die pathetically to end all the debates.

Right now I'd also take Truth Ninja because then I'd get to hang out on para all day.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 12:16:05 am »
Krys, we did a HP thread together? Man, my memory is so terrible, I can't believe I didn't remember that. Was it the Quidditch one? I bet it was my fault it died too, isn't it? It's usually my fault when good threads die early, I'm such a flake, qq.

I'm right there with you L, authors who cop out on perfectly good tragedy annoy me to no end. Kinda goes along with what Verse was talking about with those never-ending series, where important characters almost never die - so annoying. But back to the mortal instruments (?) I read the first...two? maybe the first three, I can't really remember anymore. I remember thinking that I bought them because I liked the cover art. Also, I liked a guy named Simon and how he deserved better, but that's pretty much it. How many books does that series have now? Has it finished yet?

Absolutely Ara. I'm way more of a joiner than a creator for threads, but if by some miracle I get some semblance of original thought and the willpower not to be sucked away by distracting RL stuff, I'll make a HP thread for us to have fun in.

Any fictional character? See, now I have a problem, because all of my favorite characters have had something really terrible or tragic happen to them, and as much as I love reading about that kind of devastating emotional conflict, I'm not sure I'd be able to handle that kind of trauma. But assuming I could...

Batman's pretty up there - speaking of which, Verse, you're killing me mang, everyone knows the Bat is superior to the Boy Scout.

Kvothe from the King Killer Chronicles is a good one too, though I won't know until the next book is released exactly what kind of tragedy changed him so drastically. I'd much prefer to be the younger one that the shell of a man he is running that tavern.

Sherlock Holmes, maybe? I've always wondered what it would be like to be that brilliant, always on adventures and doing the impossible. The whole tumbling off the falls thing is a bit off putting, but I can just robert downy jr. it I'm sure.

Oh, is it too late to talk about fictional worlds we'd like to be a part of? I just remembered Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, I'd love to have my own daemon and shit. That would be awesome.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 12:36:57 am »

Krys, I know I should totally try to be useful to you in a Reqiuem world in order to survive, but I feel like I'd have to try to back stab you to give you that awesome moment of betrayal and then brutal triumph, you know? You're my friend. I owe you that.

Ara, I would love you for that. Hate you, and love you. Also, I think most of my friends would try to do that in Requiem xD because they know how I "play", and that if they aren't useful, they're going to lose their very souls to me.

And Pride, we did. It was created by SunshineGreen, though I think it was under his first name on Chat. I actually left that thread, so I could have caused it to end, too. Wasn't having much fun in it. Been hard to stay interested in HP threads for some reason...

As for which fictional character? Heh...Doctor Who's infamous "Master", of course.

That, or Neil Gaiman's "Death", because I want to be like her in so many ways anyway. Might as well just be her!

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 01:04:24 am »
And Pride, we did. It was created by SunshineGreen, though I think it was under his first name on Chat. I actually left that thread, so I could have caused it to end, too.

Found the thread and it turns out we dropped it roughly at the same time, lmao. I'm amazed you remembered that though, almost five years ago now. I didn't think we wrote together until much later for some reason.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 01:07:04 am »
The only reason I remember it so well is because of you, actually. Your writing there intimidated the hell out of me back then xD

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 04:55:56 am »
A lot of authors struggle with endings, I've found! And fights. I have a pet peeve about authors that set up battles and then don't do them or find a way around writing it.

omg, me too. i hateeeee it. it was like, wait, that's it? THAT'S IT? I READ TWENTY CHAPTERS FOR THAT?!

pride, there's like 8 books? idk there's like the main series, then a prequel series, and she's making another series that's basically the two mains from her first one gender switched (stephanie meyer apparently beat her to it). and i loved simon. he was great and then clare ruined him by sticking him in the worst love triangle i've ever read. and it is SO HARD to mess up a love triangle!

hmmm as for which fictional character i'd be... i loved kiki from kiki's delivery service. being a cute witch with a giant red bow and a talking cat would be sweet.

black widow/natasha romanoff is pretty fucking cool too. female assassins are awesome.

oh and because i rp dudes all the time, definitely going for spike from cowboy bebop. it's hard to pass up the opportunity of being a space cowboy.

Thunderstruck

• Loitering Fool Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 10:19:28 am »
Hmmm. That's a bit a thought provoker.

There are several worlds I enjoy reading, but reading, from the safety of my house, and actually living there, and being myself subject to the often life threatening hazards which exist there, are two totally different animals.

Let's take the H.R. Giger inspired world of Aliens. I love the world, but I can't say I'd actually want to live in it.

Now if having considered, and accepted the myriad potential dangers, and hazards of a certain particular world, the next question is, do I find myself there, as myself, or do I get an upgrade of skills, body, race, etc?

I would love to live in Forgotten Realms Toril, on the continent of Faerune. However I would want to be physically modified first, so that I'd have a chance. 
Allow me to expalin. My eyesight is poor. Without my glasses I'm fucked, in my present, relatively safe environment. In Faerune, if I lost my glasses, I'd be fucked x110. Additionally, I cannot competently fight with any melee weapon, nor can I shoot a bow, and I don't consider myself intelligent enough to grasp the Arts Arcane, even if they did exist in this world. If this remained my personal constant in Faerune, I'd likely have the life expectancy of a caterpillar in a black widow's web. (Red Back, or Katipo for Jill's sake).

I could go with a zombie apocalypse kind of deal, where it wouldn't matter that I am myself, but again my over all lack of battle skills would likely make me a hot lunch in very short order.

So. If I could get a physical/mental upgrade I'd surely go with Faerune. 
If not, I'd take the world, and time frame of either Star Wars, or Dune, whereby, I might have the opportunity to get the appropriate training, and better eyes I'd need to compete in that world.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 11:23:20 am »
Ooooh, Pride, Sherlock is a cool choice. I might just keep copying your answers on this. I might also go with Lestat, he has immortality, the love of his author, and usually a pretty wild time. If I could pick an animal, I might go with a raptor from one of the Jurassic Park movies. Those things always look so happy.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 04:54:32 pm »
Pridu, even by manga logic, provided we concider Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent to be equally handsome, Clark is taller, which means he would be the dom in that yaoi relationship.

And I have to add Casshern to my list of who I'd wanna be. From Casshern Sins of course. I feel as though he does a lot of thinking on the relationship of sentience, man and robots. I'd like to be in that head when he comes to a doubtlessly emotional conclusion. Also, I believe I could rock that melancholy.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 08:27:35 pm »
Nah V, Bruce is a power-bottom, that's all. He just lets Clark think he's the dom.

Star Wars is a good one Thunder, it always makes me wonder where I'd fall if I was force-sensitive. My friends are overwhelmingly of the opinion that I would be a Sith Lord lmao and the Sith do appeal to me, mainly because I love the concept of how each significant Lord focuses on one 'emotion' that becomes their primary source of fuel/power. While Darth Revan is the baddest sith to ever sith and looked like a total boss while doing it, Darth Malgus is probably my favorite because his source was his 'love' for his dead wife (who he himself actually killed, because he knew she was his greatest weakness).

So on that note and tying it back to the most recent question, I'd love to be Darth Malgus. This was the dude that Vader himself idealized. The guy was an absolute monster of a warrior, but he was a man of principles too and followed a strict code that he believed in utterly. While the rest of the Sith were dismissing Aliens as inferior creatures, Malgus called bullshit on their pretensions and said he didn't give a shit what race they were, their ability and competence were all that mattered. When the rest of the Sith disagreed with them, he started a rebellion and would have wiped the floor with them if he hadn't had to deal with the Jedi at the same time. He was Lawful Evil to his core and I resonate with that so much, haha.

Edit because I'm a Darth Malgus fanboy:
Malgus becoming a Darth. He's the pale one.
Malgus fighting along side his wife, the twi'lek.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 09:24:35 pm by Pride »

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 11:01:41 pm »
If you could live in a fictional world, not of your own creation, which world would it be and why?

I looked at my bookshelf, but I have mostly contemporary fiction and what I would label as "one shots" not exactly fantasy or sci-fi series stuff.  So its hard to say there is a world out there that I lust for beyond this one.

The only "fan fiction" I've really written is Battlestar Gallactica, Harry Potter and X-1999.  So, I could be Starbuck, or Sorata.  Being a student at Hogwartz would be cool - but all the adults in the wizarding world have serious issues, so I'm not sure I'd really want to live there long term.

(edit) -- I went to my son's bookshelf.   I could totally do Percy Jackson's world and be a demi-god. I'd have to think on parentage though, but that would sort of be cool to be questing all the time...

If you could be any fictional character, which character would you choose? No, you can not pick one you've made or one that has been made specifically for you.

Indiana Jones

or Rick from Casablanca, or Sam Spade --- I like Bogart.  He's a survivor, great come-back dialogue and snazzy dresser.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2015, 06:57:18 am »

Little late to the party, but I think it would be really adventurous to live in one of Brandon Sanderson's worlds- Elantris, or Steelheart- though that one would be difficult unless a few things which I don't want to spoil in case someone decides to read them.

I'd also really like to live in Sharon Shinn's 12 Houses world- Gillengaria, post end of series, and be a mystic of some kind, I'm not sure which because I liked too many of the Mystic's abilities- probably like Senneth though because she rocked hard core and could do sooo much.

I also really like the comic book world DC or Marvel I don't discriminate. I LOVED X-Men growing up, so being a Mutant would be cool, or being an Amazonian from Themyscira would be pretty cool too. I'm totally a Bat's and Wonder Woman shipper, even though I love Superman because- Christopher Reeve=Childhood and Dean Cain=Preteen/teen (*cough*Adulthood*cough*) crush.

Man, there are too many good ones out there!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2015, 07:47:02 am »
I do feel as though Clark would get into letting Bruce powersub, but he'd do it ironically.

What fictional object would you like to posess?

Thunderstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2015, 08:00:54 am »
Beau, I'd love to be Indiana Jones too, but I don't feel cool enough to pull it off.

Pride, in the Star Wars universe, I'd like to think I'd be a self stylized pirate, force sensitive or no.

Unfortunately, if the inherent irony of Murphy's Law is a meta-universal constant, I'd probably end up a clerk some refueling port, on some backwater planet, or a lowly dock worker on Coruscant, or something.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2015, 05:44:43 pm »

I'd take pretty much anything created by H.G. Wells --- specifically the nautilus or the time machine

Or, thinking bigger, I'd like my own personal Enterprise.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2015, 07:59:06 pm »
^^^^^ That! The Enterprise! Oh my gosh! I would just live on it by myself. I'd sit in the captains chair in my jammies.

I also liked that little necklace gadget from Harry Potter that rolls back time. That could be cool. I would just use it to be at home and sleep or write while other Ara is at work or grocery shopping.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2015, 08:16:01 pm »
The enterprise with a holodeck and a food synthesizer.  Magic wand - beat that!

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2015, 12:36:26 am »
So, Ara, here's a "non-cheating" answer about where I'd like to be: A Song of Ice and Fire world. I think I could absolutely play the game of thrones, or die epically.

This also goes into my idea of someone I'd like to be...either Tywin Lannister or Margaery Tyrell. They're both BAMFs, really. Ollena Tyrell would also be fun to be (and in reality we all know I couldn't be Tywin because he doesn't have a sense of humor--I'd rather poke fun at him).

Also, I think I'd like to be Lucifer Morningstar of the Sandman/Lucifer comics, because I could totally be him. I'm also noticing most of my answers are men...of course, I also wanted to say Octavius and Antony from HBO's Rome, but that's quasi-historical, so... xD

As for items, though, this has been difficult for me. My gut reaction is TARDIS, but I'd have to be a Time Lady for that (and then be in the Doctor Who world, and probably the Master).

So, I tried to think of other items that would be fun to possess, but so many are quasi-historical (Holy Grail, Longinus's Spear/Spear of Destiny, Excalibur) so I'm not sure if they count since some people fiercely believe they're not fictional. And then of course there's all those RP items I'd love to have, like Desiree's sword...

So long story short, I want either Death's Ankh because I think it has some epic powers associated with it, or Lucifer's Wings of the Sandman series, because they clearly have epic powers associated with them, and that would definitely lead to me meeting Lucifer, which, I mean...I'm down with that.

Edit: Or a keyblade >.> 'cause...yeah.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:51:37 am by Krystal Itzume »

Thunderstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2015, 07:04:02 am »

I'd take pretty much anything created by H.G. Wells --- specifically the nautilus or the time machine

Or, thinking bigger, I'd like my own personal Enterprise.

I'd like to have my own hybrid of a Klingon Bird of Prey, crossed with the U.S.S. Defiant. That way I could have the cool weapons, but still cloak.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2015, 12:50:24 pm »
If you could shapeshift into an animal (existing animal, not extinct or fictional) which animal would it be and why?