News: 
Paragraphite

Stuff that makes you smile Read 2372 times

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
Stuff that makes you smile
« on: August 06, 2015, 08:30:17 pm »
When I sent Verse an email telling him I wanted him to make coleslaw this weekend and I recieving THIS in reply:

Order taken.

Thank you for using Verse InCorp Ind for your slawy needs.

We always deliver on time*

We know you have a choice concerning your slawy needs and appreciate you choosing Verse InCopr Ind.

Signed (though not personally, this is a form letter, after all)

Verse VEO VIP CEO BEAU of Verse InCorp Ind

*provided you, the costumer, provide ample reminders and all the ingredients as well as kitchen space

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that makes you smile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 10:10:15 pm »
The PM I just received from Ara:

Okay.... so, I finished it already. I finished it hours ago actually. I was ten minutes late getting back from lunch because after I sent you that pm I was like "okay, you can read a little bit of chapter 27". And then after I finished that one and was back to work I was like "okay, well you can read the last chapter tomorrow!". And then I pretty much, no joke, hid in a broom closet (I had my work phone with me if they needed anything) and I finished your book. I just had to! And it was before you pmed me back!

Warms my heart that people are reading my book in broom closets no less.  Love you!

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 11:04:10 pm »
When my hubs orders things on amazon and picks the option to have it shipped economy so I can have credits to buy music ^_^

Oh and awesome libraries and their Super Hero Summer reading program and activities

Also... not gonna lie, feeling a little Jealous Ara got to read the rewrite of the end of your book! But I will be patient and wait until I can buy it.... ^_^

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 11:20:17 pm »
And I smile over another volunteer.  Mwhahaha.....be careful what you wish for.

It's still (as they say in Clue) - Hale did it by the barn with the detonator.  Give me until the weekend and I'll send you the new draft Chapter 28.  I need to rework the last scene.  You can help me with the "eloquent writer closing lines"  I need to wax philosophical....

I also need music.  I got $90 in change I just put in the coin star, so now I have I-tunes credits....Gonna raid the music thread and add some stuff to my I-pod since I'm sitting at work doing powerpoint....

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • A Tempest Must Be Just That
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 03:03:02 am »
This, as my friend Jason has discovered, is the one sure way to make me smile of late:

Drugsy the Owl.

I listen to this on repeat.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 10:55:40 am »
Verse's vein-y hot dog cucumber. Amirite, every cavity in the human animal ever?

EDIT: VERSE! How could you? I left my computer for like five minutes to put laundry in. YOUR laundry! And there's no getting you back since you have no shame! Imma think of something... someday! I'll never forget!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:06:02 am by Ara »

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 11:23:01 am »
Verse's vein-y hot dog cucumber. Amirite, every cavity in the human animal ever?

EDIT: VERSE! How could you? I left my computer for like five minutes to put laundry in. YOUR laundry! And there's no getting you back since you have no shame! Imma think of something... someday! I'll never forget!

This made me smile, lol.

Thunderstruck

• Loitering Fool Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 05:46:41 pm »
last night on youtube I found the full length classic muppetshow episodes. That made me very happy.

That and the coldplay sky full of starts video.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 11:34:48 am »
Gail Carriger books. I don't know what her trick is but I usually laugh out loud (for reals not lol style) when reading her books. All of her books make me laugh at some point.

Candy. Candy also makes me smile.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • A Tempest Must Be Just That
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 01:36:01 pm »
Severe thunderstorms at night. Severe thunderstorms with the threat of tornadoes (but no tornadoes). It's so soothing, and I have great dreams I can't remember.

Also, overlarge sweaters make me happy.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 04:09:20 am »
Severe thunderstorms at night. Severe thunderstorms with the threat of tornadoes (but no tornadoes). It's so soothing, and I have great dreams I can't remember.

Also, overlarge sweaters make me happy.

i don't think there's words to describe how hard i agree with this. so emoticons it is.

:unicorn: :angryflower: :greycat: :ninja::charizard: