News: 
Paragraphite

Confessions Read 6076 times

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
Re: Confessions
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2015, 01:28:52 am »
ara bb you're thinking of macarons, which excuse you are trendy and cute and french and delicious.

Macaroons are biscuits with baked coconut and are disgusting and for old people who were there to see the seventies in person.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2015, 11:28:10 am »
 OOooooh! We have the coconut lumps here in Sweden! They usually have chocolate dipped bottoms. Those are a thousand times better than macarons. Which taste like nothing.

Jill, you even call that a biscuit? I thought cookies were biscuits? Does a lump of coconut flakes count as a cookie? ...I need to ponder the parameters of cookies..

:ninja: truth ninja. Despite having eaten both of these things, I somehow did not realize that they basically have the same name.

Thunderstruck

• Loitering Fool Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2015, 08:28:01 am »
I'm really envying Verse right about now. In Ara, he's got himself a veritable coconut Dr. Frankensteina.

At work we sell these coconut pies, They are expensive for what you get, but oh so good. So sweet, and moist inside, and I could eat them all day, if I had the money, and cared nothing about my waistline.

I like Bryan Adams too. Back in the days of cassettes I had everything he had ever done, up to the greatest hits. I've sort of forgotten about him over the years. Other bands rise up to prominence in my mind.
Now that you've said that, Ara, I'm going to have to surf the deal sites on some Bryan Adams.
In addition to the greatest hits, you need (if you don't have them already) the Reckless, and Waking Up The Neighbours, and Cuts Like A Knife albums.  They have good songs, that are worth having, that aren't on the greatest hits.

Thanx Jill, I was made in the 70's.

And I dunno what a Macron is, but given that it is French, it would have to pass my high level of both scrutiny and suspicion, just by being unfortunate enough to be French.

I still say macaroons are delicious, and I am no where near old.
In the states, macaroons are either cookies, or close to candy bars, but not quite.0

Though I would try a coconut biscuit. (This is coming from someone who hates biscuits, as a general rule.)
I had to go to m-w.com to learn the correct spelling of coconut<---  and there it is .
I have to admit, that I still hate school. I thought the enmity I used to feel would have passed, now that many years, have gone by, but no, I still don't like it.
Don't get me wrong, I love gaining/upping skill sets, and I enjoy discovering new things, but the second a grading system is attached to it, I don't like doing it.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2015, 01:40:37 pm »
What's wrong with the seventies?

Sorry.   Did Jill say something?   Hum

I'm older than most of you think I am.   Hard of hearing and forgetful.   I should probably be checked into a retirement home.   In Italy.  Preferably Florence. 

I've been watching too much International House Hunters lately

Thunderstruck

• Loitering Fool Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2015, 09:08:13 pm »
Beau, I never made any assumptions to your age.

It is generally assumed, that because I don't act mine, that I am in my 20's somewhere. Hardly that. I left those behind, a while back.  Coming up on Four Oh, in a couple weeks, actually.

Confession.

I Called American xpress, today to get my new serve card (a prepaid version) replaced. 

Call me crazy, or stupid, I don't care. Being a religious man I am adverse to having a card with 666 as the 3 digit # on the back.

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2015, 04:45:41 pm »
oLD PEOPLEEE.

when i am depressed about something, without fail, i will go to the Calarts website and read through their application requirements.  it has always, always been a pipe dream to study there -- and for some reason it's the one i automatically default to regretting never doing anything with, when i feel like stuff is going wrong.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2015, 07:40:20 pm »
I'm not as strong as I usually am these days. Still shaking a cold. I run out of steam earlier than I'm supposed to in the gym. Feels like something's been taken away from me. I'm longing for my better self, but also tempted to wither into a pretty, anemic anime bish with fainting spells after mundane, heroic acts like shielding the protagonist from splashes of water.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2015, 11:13:36 am »
As delightful as being sheilded from splashes of water sounds, I'm going to have to vote against you becoming an anemic fainter. I don't think I can catch you.

And Whit, buy an art history book, leaf through it, and then go back to doing the amazing stuff you do just the way you do it. Speaking of which, I've already thought up paintings I'm going to want from you in the future. Verse and I had a whole discussion about things we want you to paint.

:ninja: truth ninja. I am crazy excited about my 8 hour train ride with Verse today and I have a bucket of candy in my purse.