News: 
Paragraphite

goals/accomplishments Read 7840 times

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
goals/accomplishments
« on: July 08, 2015, 04:29:31 pm »
I needed a way to remind myself not to get too bogged down, so here, have a thread Para.

Basically, if you have any goals that you want to share (or accomplishments), or just want a place to remind yourself of what you're aiming for, this thread is for you!  Umm -- it can be for anything~ 

Mine are:

:bow: write at least 500 words a day, for the next three months.  failure to do so should ideally result in seppuku.
:bow: stop drinking coca-cola jill.  STOP IT.

Current tally:

:bow: 0/45000 words
:bow: one glass of coke. 

/sobs

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
Re: goals/accomplishments
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 06:26:47 pm »
I miss coke. Is it called coke in aussie land? You have slang for it right? shaaaare it.

I want to edit at least 50 pages in to my story. That's a goal.

Lately, in trying to get published, I have gone ont oa train of "what do they want to read" instead of "what do I want to write" and I would like to change that.

Snorlax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 07:53:19 pm »
I've been trying to get my hands on anything Fantasy (More High/Epic than Modern/Urban) to get the creativity flowing. I've only had limited success in finding things that catch my interest though.

Lately I've been able to get some scenes in my head written out, along with attempts to form them into something useful like a potential RP(It's only been years since I did that) or just a simple short story.

I actually managed to write some 2200 words the other day, or at least that's what it came to after my obsessive(anal) need to go back and start over from this place or that when things got off-track.

Last time I tried setting a words per day quota I set the bar a tad high from the start, trying to go for 2000 a day. 500 is a rather good amount to ease into the habit.

My more unusual goal would be finding a way to socialize more.

Difficult Phone Edit: Fresh Accomplishment! Ending 4 year unemployment with a job starting Friday.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 10:09:53 pm by Snorlax »

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 12:00:19 am »
1) revise chapters 27/28 of my novel by Sunday
2) Send one query letter (selected recipient) by 7/15
3) Start editing Royal Series --- again -- -Aug 1

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 02:11:42 am »
for this summer (i don't even want to get into my fall semester shit lets not go there).

1. work out bitch. sitting on my ass for 8hrs a day at work is NOT HELPING.
2. finish that game of thrones book thing.
3. finish this raptor drawing that i started that i realized was a huge mistake. (i'll post it if i doooo)

oh and not quit drinking coca cola. good luck, jill. i'm not strong enough.

and good luck to the rest of you, see how none of my stuff is writing things? can't do it so i shall live vicariously through y'all.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 10:49:31 am »
Goals? Why yes, I have those.

:goldenflower: Get published. Yeah. I said it. That's a goal, for reals.

:goldenflower: Finish editing books 2 & 3.

:goldenflower: Write something else. Maybe a horror.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • A Tempest Must Be Just That
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 05:43:12 pm »
I have a ridiculous number of goals right now. Given, most of them are on a "2 years to achieve" thing, but there's a lot. To give you an idea...

Writing Based

• Edit and rewrite trilogy
  • Death Short Stories
  • Supernatural Encyclopedia (lifetime goal. Got a couple articles written)

Other

• Get a job. Figure out career.
  • Watch all of Doctor Who. Literally, all of it.
  • Get a well-toned body.
  • Develop the exercise/energy habits for life
  • Get over fear of spiders
  • Figure out how to make "fake tuna" that tastes like real tuna, before I forget how real tuna tastes. Also learn to make sushi and lattes.

The "Get a Job" one has presently been consuming my life, because I can't really do any of the others if I starve to death. Heh.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 05:51:14 pm »
I was hesitating to post here since my goals are pretty paltry compared to most of you, but I suppose since I already posted my slew of distractions, I should contribute what I'm actually being distracted from too.

• Finish Grad School
  • Find an affordable, comfortable apartment
  • Write something I'm satisfied with
  • Get revenge on my uncle for eating my leftover pizza
  • Buy post-its to put on my food in the fridge

Descending level of importance, naturally.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 04:03:04 am »
Yikes... I am so not a goal setter. I should be... so... let's try it.

• Bake husband's Birthday Cake
  • Finish cleaning out scrap cloth and dejunking office/craft room
  • Come up with a pattern and sew as "Stormfly" costume for my 6 yo, and Astrid for the 3 yo for the Con we are attending in Sept
    • Cut and sew the Buttercup and Dread Pirate Roberts for self and the hubs- also for Con and Halloween
    • Attempt to write the 3 scenes from Chained that are stuck in my head, but I fear to write
      • Do the assigned daily at home PT and then some so I can get in better shape so my freaking knee doesn't need surgery
      • Tackle Laundry mountain and hang up hill- blech.

Figure how how in the heck the "List" function works >.<

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 02:44:48 am »
this shit says accomplishments too and i've got oneeeeee.

so i slaved over this thing after finals because my school hates me. basically, i had to write a ten page paper and edit stuff that i'm sure the people who made it had laughing fits over (the mistakes were ridic), all so i could get on this magical law school thing called a JOURNAL.

and i fucking made itttttt. they called me this afternoon to offer me an invitation. it took me all i had to retain my somewhat adult composure and not say hell fucking yes on the spot.

best day everrrrr.  :unicorn:

oh and i got this class that i really wanted that i had been waitlisted for, which was the nice cherry on top~

Thunderstruck

• Loitering Fool Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 11:44:42 am »
Goals: Finish school (yes I finally went back), buckle down on that novel, get my photo company up and going, master using IR filters, figure out how to carbonate coffee.

Accomplishments: I've started selling prints on a fairly regular basis, including the odd company or two.
I figured out how to take quality lunar shots with an evf camera, without using a filter.
I finally got my medieval weapons collection down to my most used items. Found a budding collector to take the rest. Mrs. struck is so proud of me.

I gave up soda completely. Now it's strictly coffee, and seltzer for me. I figured out I wanted the carbonation, but I didn't want everything else in soda.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 03:55:53 pm »
Woot! Accomplishments! I'm glad someone had a couple of those to toss in.

Thunder, do you seltzer your coffee? Because carbonating coffee would be a pretty intense love of carbonation.

Thunderstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 12:14:02 am »
I don't no. I'd like to try it, though. If I can find a not too expensive home carbonator (they can be quite pricey), I'd like to find a way to make a line of carbonated coffee, that could maybe be the next big drink thing.

Only thing is I like my coffee, like I like my tea. Unsweetened. So I don't know how that would go over in the states where the general populace is obsessed with sugary drinks.

I forgot to mention in the goals, section, I aim to take another crack at quitting smoking soon.

also, accomplishments: I have created my own functional diffuser, which can double as a snoot. I will stack it against any of the high buck products on the market, and mine didn't cost me a single penny.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:43:54 am by Thunderstruck »

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 08:28:29 am »
Carbonated coffee sounds horrible! And like it would probably be crazy popular.

I like my tea unsweetened but, I admit, I treat coffee like a dessert.

Short term goal- Successfully make Verse's birthday cake this weekend. My cakes tend to be visual disasters. They still taste great but... yeah. Hopefully this one will turn out pretty too!

Thunderstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 06:27:45 pm »
So make it a themed cake. The theme could be Pompeii, post volcano. Then since it's supposed to look like a disaster area, you can just tell everyone you nailed it!

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 08:46:14 pm »
One of them was named the Rainbow Avalanche cake. It was multicolored insides with marshmallow topping. Half the cake collapsed almost immediately.

The cake turned out okay! Not great, but okay. Matcha pancakes with banana chunks turned out great though! MATCHA ACCOMPLISHMENT UNLOCKED!

Thunderstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 09:49:59 am »
May I get that cake recipe from you? It's sounds delish!
The banana thing sounds good too, but I don't dare keep bananas in the house. Mrs. Struck is deathly allergic.

Goals: I have a 3 days weekend, starting manana. I'm going to study hard, and take my two exams I have coming up at the end of july this weekend. Then I am good for a while. Likewise, I'm going to study the drivers manual I have ,and finally get my NC license. I have one, but it's TX, so if I got a car, here I'd still have to take time off of work, and go all the way back to TX, to plate it, and then wait the two weeks for the plates and tags to arrive in the mail, and then drive all the way back here, and it's just not worth it.

Accomplishment: I successfully purged time wasting games from my life. For now at any rate.

Enchanted Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2015, 06:07:08 pm »
Well you wonderful people have inspired me to actually really start writing. I have decided I am going to start with two short stories I thing. One for each of my characters just their back stories and what brought them to the lives they live. Not going to put any sort of time frame on it and not sure how I am going to write it. Not sure if I am going to write it here and post as I go or do it by hand wich means I need to get some new note books.

Thunderstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 08:23:51 pm »
Glad we could inspire you. *dips into the warm fuzzies bin*

By notebooks I presume you mean paper notebooks. I remember those! I think I saw one just the other day. I thought it was a huge coffee cup coaster. (I kid, I kid)

My latest goal is to get this blessed house cleaned up TODAY. I need to generate workshop space for school, and besides the end result of my pirated dvd ripper, is that I have dvd's strewn about the living room. I need to get those picked up.

MyDiorama

• Architect
  • tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 07:02:29 pm »
 :seaturtle:  I have a goal to clean and sort my wardrobe before I start work again. Which is next week.
I really need some order and not mix gym and work clothes together. Also I am going to sort and hide everything I haven't used in the last say.. three months. Eventually I can give it away, but storing out of site for a little while feels easier.

:seaturtle:  Another goal is to clean my desk before I start work. This means sorting the pile of paper on top of the printer and the tray of necklaces and other random things that sits in front of my keyboard, blocking me from writing correctly.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 12:02:38 am »

Other

• Get a job. Figure out career.

The "Get a Job" one has presently been consuming my life, because I can't really do any of the others if I starve to death. Heh.

My dearest of dear friends, my Agrippa, scored me a job today by hustling his ass off. So, that is now accomplished.

Enchanted Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 07:58:13 am »
Well I had a huge accomplishment today. Nothing with writing or any thing but I managed to ask a girl  at work that I have a crush on out.  Maybe not a big accomplishment for most but we'll it is huge for me hahaha. Didn't get quite the reply (msgd her on Facebook...) I wanted but she said I seem cool and we could go to a movie or somthing as friends. Hahaha sorry had to share I am just really kind of excited about it hahaha.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2015, 02:37:32 pm »
Congrats,  Krystal! It's so hard to find a job these days. Good on you for getting one.

As far as accomplishments for me go, after two years of being told I needed my wisdom teeth removed, I finally did it. And now I get to eat ice cream all week. Yay.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2015, 04:20:13 pm »
Updating this because life updates itself. Everything from the previous list stands, this is just the new stuff:

Other and the Short Term Stuff

• RENFEST TIME BITCHES; MAKE IT RAIN LIKE CASTAMERE (first paycheck not in budget).
  • Cersei Lannister Cosplay and Lady Reyne Cosplay.
  • Create budget after RenFest. Weep.
  • PS4 and Fallout 4

Thunderstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2015, 11:48:54 pm »
I'm in the process of fixing an old xbox, after which I'll likely sell it and use the money to get me some fallout 4.

Then again I might keep it. I never did play fallout new vegas, or finish fallout 3.  *looks directly at Krys* I was in the process of finishing three, when I had to go underground back in oh ten.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 04:06:29 am »
brag time.

my partner and i were finalists in this law school competition that involved pretending to be in a professional negotiation. we placed second and we're hella proud. we also had to speak in front of a shit ton of people, which was fucking terrifying (i don't remember that whole bit very well).

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2015, 06:13:31 pm »
1) revise chapters 27/28 of my novel by Sunday
2) Send one query letter (selected recipient) by 7/15
3) Start editing Royal Series --- again -- -Aug 1

UPDATE

1) All but last three pages of Chapter 28 are done.  Might finish this weekend and send to Ara and Pere
2) I did 4 last weekend, figured out how to do a 5th, but needed a printer so, I'll say 4.5 down.  Working on more today.  If I get to 10 I get to write post for Pere
3) Massive fail.  Halloween is new target.  Too much going on at work to really focus....

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2015, 11:43:07 pm »
Ah! I'm so excited, Beau! Both because you're agent hunting AND because you're almost done with the latest edits!

Good luck and keep us updated. You are amazing!

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2015, 12:20:52 pm »
Goals? Why yes, I have those.

:goldenflower: Get published. Yeah. I said it. That's a goal, for reals.

:goldenflower: Finish editing books 2 & 3.

:goldenflower: Write something else. Maybe a horror.

Okay, so, I edited book 2... and, that's about it.

New goals!

Some short term goals:

:goldenflower: Go get a new ID card. Mine expired last month..
 :goldenflower: Read Beau's revised last chapter.
 :goldenflower: Read Jillibean's latest chapter.
 :goldenflower: Finish this round of editing on book 3 so as to send it to Dior.

Luckily, these are all things I want to do, it's just a matter of getting the time to do them. The only one that's a pain is the ID card. Really. Couldn't they just send me a new one when they knew it was expiring, like with my bankcard? Monday! Monday, I will go to the police station and get my new ID card! That is happening.

Long Term Goals:

:goldenflower: Get published.
 :goldenflower: Be published.
 :goldenflower: Publish a book.
 :goldenflower: Oh yeah, aaaaaand get published.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2015, 12:27:44 pm »
Alright! I've done all of my short term goals with the exception of editing book 3. Soooo, next week, book 3! And, you know, the getting published goal remains as usual.