News: 
Paragraphite

Do you get notices? Read 2676 times

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
Do you get notices?
« on: June 18, 2015, 07:29:35 am »
I'm looking for a raise of hands sort of thing here. I haven't been getting the email notices for threads I'm subscribed to and it turns out neither has Verse. Anyone else not getting them?

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
Re: Do you get notices?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 08:07:48 am »
I don't get those or the notices for PMs about 80% of the time. I just figured it was the site's personal vendetta against me though since its been that way for months. I didn't realize other people were having the same issue.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 08:11:02 am »
Ha! That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. It's been a while but I'm on here every day anyway so I just checked on my own. Oddly enough, I got a notice about this thread being posted in. Maybe the site knows we know... dun dun dunnnn!

Okay, so this is a problem..

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • A Tempest Must Be Just That
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 08:13:44 am »
Are you certain they're not in spam folders?

I don't subscribe to threads here, but I do get e-mails for PMs. Usually if they don't show up in my inbox, I find them in my spam folder. Just a thought in case it wasn't checked ^^; I never bother subscribing to threads since I'm on here so frequently anyway...

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 08:19:13 am »
Mm, I'm certain. I've tested it by sending PMs to myself. 2 of 10 send emails as they should, while about three of the 10 eventually send an email notice about three days later. 5 just don't show up at all.

As for thread subscriptions, I only really subscribe to the art threads since I can't see those when I lurk. Most don't update often - your's the natural exception, Krystal - but even then it's rare I receive a notice of any sort.

MyDiorama

• Architect
  • tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 09:56:43 pm »
Hi All!
Could you check (or send each other some PM's) and see if you get notifications now?
I'm hoping the changes I've done have fixed the problem, but I won't know until you guys try it. So please do and let me know if it wokrs or not! :)

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 07:52:16 pm »
I am getting the site's notifications (that pop-up telling me I have a message), but my e-mails are still AWOL.

I use yahoo, if that helps at all.

Edit\\ I've received eight pms since I posted this, but only the most recent one has sent an e-mail notification. That's about par for the course in my experience, but I'll let you know if anything changes.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:27:04 pm by Pride »

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 10:00:38 am »
jesus prido, seriously, eight?

saying that, i changed my pm settings so that i'd get the email alert after you posted, Dior - andddd I got notifications for the first two PMs i received, and then nothing after that that, and i've been messaging pretty seriously. 

MyDiorama

• Architect
  • tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 04:43:32 pm »
That's so weird!

One thing you could do is to add admin@paragraphite.com as a trusted contact. How you do that is different in different email accounts. But that's at least one step to make sure nothing gets in your spamfolder.

At least you're getting your PMs right? Or is there ever PM's missing?

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 07:43:33 pm »
I never even thought to check my spam folders! I'll have a look.

And yes, for the most part nothing has gone wrong with receiving the PMs - I've only had a problem twice, and once was when for some reason, a copy didn't save to my sent-box (the recipient got theirs, though), and then another time when i sent one and the recipient did not get it.  but it didn't save for me, either, so i'm thinking that both of those were just... mistakes on my part.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 07:21:22 pm »
As of the last day and a half, I have been consistently receiving e-mail notifications for PMs. I have no idea what brought this change about, but I'm very happy about it. Here's to hoping it stays that way.

Thanks for taking a look into it all, Dior.

MyDiorama

• Architect
  • tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 05:31:46 pm »
That's great!
Just let me know if something happens again! :)