News: 
Paragraphite

Private Message Issues Read 1775 times

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
Private Message Issues
« on: April 27, 2015, 06:30:56 pm »
For the last few weeks, I've been having an on and off problem with my PMs being sent - or maybe being received? I'm not sure, but on multiple occasions with multiple people, I've written messages and sent them (leaving a copy in my sent box), but the recipient never actually gets the message. It only seems to happen in about 1 of 10, but it's still pretty frustrating and I'm not sure what could be causing it.

Suggestions?

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Private Message Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 10:00:58 pm »
Wow. Well, that's a new one. I can definitely see how that would be frustrating! Does it give you any sort of sign or send you off to another page like those "timed out" issues we were having a while back when posting?

Anyone else having this sort of problem?

I'll talk to our resident tech about it and see if she has any suggestions. Sorry about the glitch, Pride!

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 10:12:04 pm »
Nah, nothing like the old time-out issues. It shows the green box saying it was sent like it normally does and when I check my sent folder, I can see my copy of the PM chilling there. That said, there have been a few times where my message didn't go through and I didn't get a copy in my sent box, but that is rarer than the former and usually only happens if I leave the PM open for too long (an hour +, generally).

Running the latest version of Google Chrome, only using Adblock, Google Dictionary, Hoverzoom and Streamus extensions, if it helps.

MyDiorama

• Architect
  • tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 08:55:36 pm »
I've let our support know about this and we're gonna look into it!

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 10:49:39 pm »
Thanks Dio, I appreciate it.

Shadow

• I was cool before cool was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 07:38:21 pm »
Over the weekend I ran into the 'timed out' issue - can't say if it's continued as i haven't tried private msg'ing again after the four 'warnings' I received

**update** tried posting this and got a 'timed out'....will try again, if you see this msg then I guess i didn't get another haha

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 10:27:25 am »
Alright, so initially tried to reply to this on my phone last night and got the timed out message.

Sorry about the trouble and thank you for letting us know. Keep us updated and we'll look into it!