Paragraphite

Seven Steps to Corruption [Closed] Read 8002 times

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
Re: Seven Steps to Corruption [Closed]
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2015, 04:16:21 am »
Once Rik was a good ways away, Morgan dialed Kenny and leaned back against the wall by the door. Two rings, and he picked up. “Y’ello?”

“So…Rik Hereford.”

“Damnit.”

“Yeah,”
Morgan grinned a little, “What’s the story here, Kenny? His family’s rather infamous for fucking over other hunters.” Not that she was all that worried right now. Hell, she got into this business by surviving a surprise, she wasn’t too worried about something she expected.

Kenny gave a sigh, and she heard the noise of the area around him die down. No doubt, he was going somewhere more private to discuss things with her.
“He’s a good kid.” He told her, and she knew that really should be enough. However, she wanted more, and her silence insisted on it, “That boy, Rik, he’s more like his grandparents then his parents and some of their other children.” He told her. “I’ve watched him pretty closely, I always throw a bit’o holy water on him when he comes by just to make sure.”

“You do that with everyone.”
She pointed out. At least, she was pretty sure he did. Hoped he did. He always threw it on her.

“Sure I do.”

So he didn’t.
“Damn it, why me?”

“I’ve seen the shit you get into, and always alone. It ain’t safe, ain’t anyone around to pull ya out or make sure you’re cool—most the hunters out here don’t work alone for a reason.”
Morgan rolled her eyes. She’d heard this lecture a thousand times. “That’s why. I'm surprised you're still not a damn werewolf with the number of times you've gotten scratched by'em.”

“Fine,” she sighed. It made sense. Rik was walking back then. “Well, I guess I’ll work with this hunter and not flay him alive then. If he ends up backstabbing me, it’s on you.”

Kenny just said,
“He’s a good kid,” again.

“All right,” she said. “Anyway, I might swing by after this. Bye.”

“See ya soon.”

And she hung up and walked over to where Rik was waiting ever so patiently.
“Well, Kenny says you check out,” he no doubt expected that. “So, let’s finish up this case.”

Q

• Drinking tea. ('cos that's what we do in England)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2015, 12:42:34 pm »
She was still on the phone when he returned. Whenever he phoned Kenny they were never talking for long. Mostly it was just an attempt to get details about a job, if Kenny had any details; or a call from Rik for Kenny to get him out of some kind of trouble.

He waited patiently for her to finish up.

He had no doubt that Kenny had told her that he checked out. He guessed that the older man had sort of a soft spot for him; otherwise he doubted he’d still be a hunter who got given any cases. He didn’t mind getting the stuff that no one else would take, it made things interesting at least.

Kenny had probably given her the same lecture he always gave to Rik. The one about not having a partner for cases. She looked like she was normally a bit of a lone wolf too. At least Rik had a semi decent excuse for not having a partner. What the hell was hers? “You bringing the bike, or coming in the car?” Rik asked her, moving round to the driver’s side, not really waiting for an answer before he got in and buckled up.

The engine hummed into life while he waited, considering whether he should tuck into a twinky on their way to the cemetery. Instead, he started to program the GPS in his phone to take them to the grave yard while he waited for her to make her decision.   

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2015, 05:55:34 pm »
For some reason, Vince as an option didn’t even register when there was a person with a car. It seemed rude to ride Vince, but as soon as it was given to her as an option, she grinned. “I’m taking the bike,” she informed him.

She turned right back around and got onto her bike. There was no helmet. It had been destroyed in the most recent venture and she hadn’t bought a new one yet.
‘Find a Harley store after this town.’ There was such a store near Kenny, of course, but that was miles away. She told herself nothing would go wrong. This was a ghost confined to a house. It couldn’t possibly cause her harm when she was on her bike the way the damned werewolf had.

‘Worst luck with those things.’
She thought as the bike roared to life when she turned the key. She kicked the kickstand back and looked back to Rik. He clearly had the directions, she had seen him setting up his phone for it, so she’d be following after him.

‘And hope the cops don’t feel like pulling me over for no helmet.’ 

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2015, 06:23:56 pm »
Seems she decided to take the bike. Rik had no qualms with that.

Though after some consideration, he did feel it was a shame that he was taking the lead in the drive. No checking her out and getting comfortably distracted for the few miles it would take to get to the graveyard.
Damn, he really couldn’t wait to watch her ride away from him.

He shook his head at himself and started the car, pulling out of the lot. Occasionally, he checked his rear-view mirror to see if she was still following, just in case.

Luckily, by the time they got there it was dark enough outside for them to both go unnoticed as grave diggers. Bess was parked outside the locked gates, and he got out, opening the trunk for what felt like the thousandth time that day and dug out a couple of shovels.

“Hope you’re not a shirker of dirty work.” He chuckled. He was sure as a hunter she had dug up graves before, and at least now there were two of them, it would take less time and effort.    

He took a torch too and lead the way into the graveyard. “We looking for a mausoleum or just a regular tombstone?” He hadn’t thought to ask her earlier when she’d had the information at hand, but hopefully she remembered from looking at it on the phone.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2015, 06:51:21 pm »
No one stopped her on the way to the cemetery, so that was a relief. Morgan did quite like how it felt to not wear a helmet, but she’d learned too many times why it was necessary. The number of times a supernatural entity had tried to crash her bike was astounding.

They arrived with the sun setting, and Morgan parked her bike besides the man’s Swedish thing.
“I know,” she muttered to her bike under her breath. The Swedish thing just wasn’t right. Even so, she walked around it to the trunk to retrieve her own shovel, since it seemed he had more than one. She also took one of the gas canisters and salt, since he was carrying the light. “Tombstone. Should be buried next to other Grangers,” not that it would make things easier, but at least if they found that name, they would be in the ballpark.

She walked to the gate then, and dug in her jacket for lockpicking tools. She found them quickly. Like her knife, they were always at hand. She knelt down and took her time fiddling with the lock until it popped open. She unwrapped the chain that held the gate closed, smiling to herself as she remembered busting through one in a truck that didn’t last long at all, before she got Vince. She tossed the chain and lock off to the side and pulled the gate open for both of them, then picked up her shovel and the other tools and let Rik lead them through the graveyard.

Finding one particular gravestone was never a fun job, especially in a cemetery large enough to be gated in. She preferred small, country graveyards. No locks. No gates.

Soon enough, though, she noted,
“There it is,” with a relieved sigh. The name of Maria Granger was right besides the tombstone of Robert Granger, as expected.   

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2015, 07:14:43 pm »
She told him it was a tombstone and for that he was secretly thankful. He really didn’t like mausoleums; like basements, they were dark, dank and a little too confined for his liking. He’d never thought about it much but now that he did, it seemed silly for a hunter to be ever so slightly claustrophobic. He couldn’t even remember when it had started.

He hated looking for tombs too; especially in this type of place. It reminded him of those old Dracula movies that his granddad was so fond of watching; despite talking all the way through each and every one of them about how the lore wasn’t right, and shouting at the television set when the group decided to split up… again.

He shook his head. Damn he missed his Pops.

That man was everything to him. Fucking vamps had finally gotten the best of him… in the end.
Rik was just glad it wasn’t raining. It would make the dig that bit easier.

They found the grave easy enough with two sets of eyes. “Yahtzee.” He smiled, a slight chuckle in the word.
Then without another word, he started digging where it was necessary, the second gas canister placed on the ground near the tombstone before he began.

For a while it was just the sound of breathing and metal against dirt as they worked together to uncover the coffin.

The sound of the shovel hitting the wood brought another smile to his lips “And bingo was her name-o”

And yet, opening the box revealed…

They had come all this way here, put in all this effort… and the body had already been burned and salted. “What the fuck?”

What now?

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2015, 07:34:25 pm »
Digging was monotonous, endless, and for that reason Morgan did not like it. She could have started a conversation, but she knew better than that. It would eventually trail to her thoughts, and there was no need to discuss those.

In endless activity, her thoughts always drifted back to previous hunts and misadventures. Of deaths. Vince at least didn’t do that, but then, she always found some new scenery to look at, or the upcoming mission to focus on.

Out here, in the middle of a case, it was different.

Eventually, the digging was broken by metal on coffin, and Rik’s outcry. She hopped out of the hole so he could open it better, but once it was opened and she shined the light down on it, it was clear they weren’t the first hunters to take this job. Morgan’s eyes narrowed, though she said,
“Perhaps there’s something left of her in the house.” Which wasn’t a good option.

The house was already pissed at them.

“Hold on,”
she set the flashlight down and called up Kenny.

“What is it?”
Kenny asked, expecting a call at this hour when Morgan was on a case, meant a problem.

“Body of our ghost has been burned and salted, Kenny, but the ghost is still present.”

“Hum.”
She could hear him scratching his chin. “Well, two options come to mind. Either there’s a bit of her body still left in the house, or she’s some sort of witch. If the latter, that’ll just mean finding whatever object she’s most attached to, and destroying that.”

“Oh, that’s all?”
Arson was sounding like a pretty good idea. “We’ll see what we can do,” arson wouldn’t necessarily destroy the important object. “Thanks.”

“Be carefu—”
but he was cut off when she hung up and put the phone away.

“Kenny thinks she mighta been a witch.”
Morgan informed, “Or what I said,” body part left behind. Either one meant they were going back to the house.

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2015, 08:09:59 pm »
He shut the coffin door. It slammed just before she tried to call someone. He guessed it was Kenny. It was a good idea to get his thoughts on a subject like this.

One day he swore, he would call the guy up to ask him if he knew anything about dragons; just for the kicks and to laugh at the response.

While she spoke on the phone he had already started to re-cover the earth they’d dug up. If digging was boring, this part was equally boring… hiding the evidence that anyone had been digging graves. Sure there would be fresh soil where there had once been grass, but no one questioned that; an open hole would be questioned.

He listened to her between shovelling and when she was done, he looked up at her. “Great.” Sarcasm was thick in his voice. “Really didn’t want to go back to Hotel California.” He continued in his task and was surprisingly done quickly. It had taken way more time to dig the hole than fill it back in again.

He shrugged and headed back to the car. He really didn’t want to go back to that house. “So, time to go break some shit?” He asked her. He supposed in all fairness, he was really going to enjoy smashing those fucking horrible ‘retro’ mirrors.

He threw the shovel back into the trunk, and searched in one of the bags for salt ammo, switching out one of the two guns on his person with that instead of regular bullets. He may have been a bit superstitious about it, but the other gun never got anything but silver bullets. He wasn’t taking his chances that way.

Sliding the gun back into the holster on his hip, he grabbed another bag of salt for his pocket and the crow bar again, before shutting the trunk. “You sure I can’t just burn the place to the ground? I know Trish would never speak to me again, but I think I can deal with that.”

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2015, 08:27:12 pm »
Morgan helped tidy the hole back up, and then assisted in bringing back the things to the Swedish car. They were all packed nicely away. “It is time to go break some shit,” she concurred. $50 said it was the mirrors—but there were a lot of friggin’ mirrors in that place. Would breaking them suffice?

He asked about burning the house, and she shook her head,
“We need to make sure we get the ghost to go away,” and it would be obvious when they succeeded. Well, it normally was. The ghost burned up. This might be a bit different, but Morgan imagined they’d still see results when the ghost was put under.

He switched out his guns, and Morgan regretted that she rarely had iron weapons on her. It was just too much to try and carry on the bike, though.
‘There’s enough salt.’ Hopefully. And she had the rocksalt ammo, as well.

Morgan walked back to her bike and again got it started,
“I’ll see ya there,” at least she knew the way to the place on her own, even from the cemetery. She was always good with getting to places she’d already been. So, she just waited until she heard Rik start his car, and then she was off.

The house looked normal on arrival. All the lights were off. The door was shut. Morgan didn’t trust it. She parked her bike about as far away as she safely could, without it being on the street, and made the walk to the door.

It opened before she even touched it.
“Cute.” But she stepped into the trap anyway and pulled her phone out to use it as a flashlight. There was nothing abnormal in that front dining room, and it wasn’t all that cold, despite how the door had opened up for her. There did seem to be the sound of a female voice, though up above. Singing. 

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2015, 08:52:49 pm »
Yeah, $50 said it was the mirrors. If they broke all the freaking mirrors, he would bet that the one that was most haunted… or whatever was that frigging thing on the ceiling; the one that they’d both find difficult to smash without step ladders.

She got back on the bike, and finally he got his wish to follow behind her in the car. A content smile on his face the entire way… until she sped up.

He cussed as the car beeped at him about the gas he’d forgotten to fill it with. It would just about make it to a point just down the street from the house. Fuck it, he would have to leave Bess where she was. He could fill her up with the gas they’d not used at the graveyard later.

His car may have been a Swedish make which he got stick for, cos of that stupid tween emo mush that was Twilight, but it was built like a tank, it was easy to find parts for and to fix up himself when required… plus… he was pretty sure the boot could hide a body, possibly two if he really needed it to.

“Sorry baby.” He apologised to the car as he locked her up and left her at one side of the road, jogging to catch up to Morgan. It was just down the street a few yards. She’d be ok.

If she wasn’t… he was sure his good favour with Kenny would be pretty much extinct. “Shit.” There was way more riding on having a partner in crime than he had initially thought.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2015, 09:34:21 pm »
Morgan always overestimated the abilities of other cars, and underestimated her speed. When she looked back, she was surprised not to see headlights. ‘Really shouldn’t….’ But then, she always worked alone, so of course she went forward and further into the house. “Seems you’ve been a pain for a little while, eh, ghosty?”

The door slammed shut.
“You’re a bitch.”

Lighting came, but it wasn’t coming from the lightbulbs. Rather, it was coming from the mirrors. Morgan looked into them and saw, to her surprise, that Maria was moving smoothly through them, lighting candles and seeming to hum a tune to herself. It was different enough to make Morgan pause in wonder.

Then she noticed the design on the floor where she stood in the mirrors, and she moved quickly.

Her boot smashed one mirror to pieces as she slammed her foot into it, but it didn’t seem to disrupt what was going on at all. She broke the second in a similar way, only to notice candlelight flickering in the mirrors in the next room.
‘All of them.’ And the room within appeared highly decorated, in the 70s style. Her mind tried to keep track of the information as her body reacted to the danger she knew was being prepared.

Time limit. The witch was casting a spell, and there was only so much time before it was finished.

The third mirror shattered, leaving only one more on the wall. As Morgan turned to finish it off, she noticed the old trick of flinging glass was coming into play again. She reached for loose salt, but recalled she didn’t have any on her.

She dodged behind a wall and heard the glass shatter and pin itself into the nearby wall. She took her gun out of its holster,
“Please work,” she didn’t know if it would work when glass being flung by a not-even-visible ghost the same way it worked on visible-ghosts.

Either way, there was still one more mirror to break in that room.

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2015, 09:22:52 am »
When Rik finally got to the door of the house, unlike before when it had opened for him first time, this time it refused to budge.

He barged it with his shoulder a couple of times to no avail. The handle almost seemed as though it was jammed into one position, not allowing him to move it any which way.

He pounded on it. “Morgan?” Gods let her still be alive. He hadn’t given her any more loose salt. That was on him. But she had salt ammo… shit! Her only defence against this thing was salt ammo… did that even work on things that hadn’t fully manifested?

He couldn’t hear a response, but he could hear music, along with occasional splatters of smashing. It was faint though.

He frowned, looking at the window he’d smashed to get inside earlier that day. He shrugged and readied himself to go through it. He was met with resistance, an invisible barrier knocking him backwards. He groaned as he got up, taking the safety off his gun and firing it at the open window twice before charging at the space again, this time tumbling through the space. He rolled and got up quickly.

“Morgan?” He shouted again. He was distracted though.

“Hereford…” The voice was a sing-song, calling him in. It sent shivers through him. There was an eerie glow emitting from the room he found himself walking towards. How did it know his name?

Stepping inside, the door slammed shut behind him. His eyes widened as he checked his surroundings. Through the looking glass was another world, a world where Maria was casting some sort of spell.

He frowned, taking the crowbar up and crashing it into the first mirror he came to. If that was how she was getting through, then he was more than happy to destroy the retro vibe.

The next mirror smashed, shattering, shards on the floor rising around him as his heart raced and he threw the crowbar into the next mirror.

He dodged the mirror shard onslaught with a barrel roll, unaware of the small cut on his cheek from  a shard catching his skin.

Remaining low, he spun, aiming the crowbar at the next mirror.

It smashed and there was a flicker of the light bulbs. She was NOT happy with him.

He went for the door, again, finding it shut tight and not budging. He banged on it hard. Dammit, where was Morgan?

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2015, 02:58:17 pm »
Removing shards from a wall was difficult for the ghost, but there were plenty that had just hit the floor. Morgan turned back around with intent to destroy that one remain mirror to find those loose shards hovering in the air still. ‘No iron, and salt ammo. Definitely should have stopped at Wal-Mart.’ Till then, she’d have to play the game of dodging. “Well?”

There was a crash, and Morgan was fool enough to whip her head around to try and see where it came from. It was in mid-action she realized she looked away from the glass.

Hands covered her neck and she ducked, but felt the glass shred through her hands and graze her ears. Rik called her name, but she didn’t respond, too busy with getting revenge on the ghost. More of the glass had met the wall, and Morgan was quicker to react. She turned right back around and slammed her gun into the mirror, shattering it, before trekking on to the next room. Kitchen and living room were on the agenda.
"I'm still okay. I'll come find you in a moment," she called to Rik.

Of course, as she came to the kitchen island, she saw all the doors of the house shut. Apparently Maria didn't want her and Rik to unite.
“I can kick them down,” she reminded, before breaking the mirror over the sink. “You’re just delaying the inevitable,” tiny mirror magnet on the fridge. “Why don’t you just come out now and we can work this out like normal…oh hell.”

Her feet were stuck in the middle of the living room. A mirror told the story of why, but she couldn’t help but notice the room in the mirror was not the living room at all. She was looking at the master bedroom as it had once been, with the bodies of Robert Granger and the other woman in them. The ritual wasn’t on the floor, but on the mirror on the ceiling which was likely right above where she was standing, a floor above. Morgan looked up. That might be a problem if the seal was on that mirror and she was under it.
“I’m not a demon.”

And with that, she threw her gun at the mirror in the living room that seemed to hold the image. It shattered, and the gun fell to the ground. It did release her, which Morgan suspected meant she had a little more time before the ritual had completed. She ran to fetch the gun from amidst the glass, but recoiled in her attempt to grab it when the glass shot straight up at her.
“Come on!” Morgan shouted.

The ghost manifested behind her, feeling safe since Morgan didn’t have the rock salt gun in her hand. It could fling humans the way it could glass, and its power manifested to throw Morgan against one of the walls.

Of course, its hold over other things faltered. The ritual was put on hold.

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2015, 07:00:18 pm »
This ghost was really starting to piss Rik off.

More shards shot at him. He reacted just in time to dodge again, but not without a couple of shards slicing into his hand, making him drop the crow bar momentarily.

He dropped and picked it up, returning to trying to kick and barge the door open. Morgan had said she was fine, but she hadn’t said anything else. She’d just said that she would find him.

Great, all he needed right now was for her to go solo. This ghost was not something either of them needed to be messing with alone.

He rattled the door handle, looping and rotating between kicks to the door and its frame, barging the door with his shoulder and tugging and pulling at it.

There weren’t really windows of a good enough size for him to escape through in a flash, so that wasn’t an option.

Suddenly though, the door gave way and he tumbled through it.

He picked himself up quickly, reaching for his gun with a hiss as he caught his hand on the material of his jacket.

He raced through the house, trying each room finding her in the living room.

The ghost had seemingly materialised. He looked at the remaining mirror in there. “Cover.” He yelled the command, rushing to smash the mirror with the crow bar, like he had with the others. The ghost was too concentrated on Morgan to pay him any mind, even after him speaking his singular word.

He turned his face away as the mirror shattered and fired the gun in the ghost's direction.

More small cuts to his face, but he wasn't paying attention. "Up?" He asked, pointing as though they should head upstairs, offering her a handful of bloodied rock salt.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:57:33 pm by Q »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2015, 09:10:54 pm »
Walls had to be so frustratingly hard. Morgan struck it as Rik called out, but the ghost seemed to see her as the larger threat. He was, after all, going for a mirror and not her. She could turn her wrath on him after. Morgan felt the cold grip of the ghost’s telekinesis pull her up and cut off her air supply as Rik broke the next mirror, and then shot at the ghost.

The rock salt dissolved the creature, and Morgan slid back down the wall, coughing. She got a grip on herself quickly enough, and pulled herself back to a standing position. One hand moved to massage her throat, and she gave Rik an approving smile. He’d acted quick enough.

She took some of the rock salt. Despite what she’d seen reflected in the mirror in this room, she had seen the dining room reflected in the dining room. So, she shook her head,
“Let’s finish up down here while the ghosty recovers then head up.” She had a feeling all the mirrors were connected to whatever the ghost was trying to do.

Either way, she wasn’t leaving here until every single one was shattered.

She walked to the broken glass and picked up her gun from the mess, then jogged off to find the bathroom to bash in the mirrors there, before seeing what other rooms were left. 

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2015, 10:39:50 pm »
Apparently they had more work to do downstairs before they could tackle the wonderful ceiling looking glass.
Had this not been ghost related, he might have thought that thing was a cool idea for the future. However, now he was totally off put by the very idea of mirrors on the ceiling, despite the kink factor.

He sighed, shaking his head and heading off again to another room in the house.

The ghost was not happy at all about them being here. He was sure he could hear her growling behind him, the air around him growing chill and making his the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end.

He shivered as he smashed a mirror, then another, then… his body smashed into the third one, the ghost flinging him into it. He’d gone backwards and dropped to the ground face first, luckily the ghost hadn’t damaged his looks by smashing him face first into a mirror. ‘Cos that would have been a total travesty… ‘Chicks dig scars though’ He managed to think as he pushed himself up again.

The gun and the crowbar had both been knocked out of reach. He moved to grab them and they skid away, the gun turning on him, as though the ghost was wielding it. He chuckled. “Salt doesn’t hurt the living sweet cheeks.”

There was a scream of what sounded like rage and back against the wall he flew, dropping again. He was gonna have bruises for weeks.

He only just rolled out of the way of an onslaught of mirror shards aimed his way, using his boot to smash another mirror as he moved.

Sure… floor was good. He could stay on the floor a while… he could forget how much his ribs were starting to hurt on the floor.

Rolling again, the fourth and fifth mirrors in his room were smashed consecutively. The gun dropped to the ground and he slowly got to his feet. No more mirrors here.

Next room.

He groaned and headed off to find another room to demolish. He was getting bored of this now. This bitch needed to pass over and quick.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2015, 04:55:33 am »
Bathroom mirrors were destroyed. The following room she stepped into had already had its mirrors knocked out, and from the other room she heard the sounds of breaking, so Morgan headed up the stairs, jumping over the broken one which the ghost hadn’t seemed inclined to fix.

She didn’t head immediately to the master bedroom as Rik spoke aloud. She went into what appeared to be a smaller bedroom, and quickly dashed the mirrors to pieces. A scream followed, and Morgan wasn’t sure if it was her fault, or something Rik was doing. She didn’t stop, though. She moved into another small bedroom, and then the bathroom, before deciding to tackle the master bedroom.

The door flew closed in her face.
“We went over this,” she told the ghost.

One kick was, indeed, all it took. The door flew open to a candlelit room. It wasn’t just in the mirrors, though. Actual candles had been set up and were alight on the floor, which had a copy of the circle in the mirror above, on it. The ichor on the mirror was dripping down—definitely not typical blood, though considering its source appeared to be from bodies long gone, that might be why.

Though Morgan didn’t know it, the ghost’s powers were significantly weakened with the vast majority of the mirrors broken. She had retreated here, to resume the ritual she had been putting off to assault Rik and Morgan. In that room, however, within the circle, she had much more power. She had even manifested within the circle on the floor.

Morgan shot at her, but the salt didn’t appear to work or scatter her.

Maria Granger rose from the completed circle, fingers coated in the black ichor used to make the circle, and walked right up to Morgan.
“Doesn’t work on the corporeal, dear,” and she proved herself very much corporeal in that moment when she took Morgan’s hand. It had been unexpected, so Morgan hadn’t even thought to move her hand. The gun was swiftly removed from her grasp. “I thought I’d take over Trish, but I suppose you’ll do in a pinch.” She wanted form again. It was the only way she was ever going to be able to protect her mirrors, and thus herself, for eternity.

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2015, 05:00:54 pm »
The gun was picked up and holstered on his way out of the room. He made the careful climb up the stairs, he was sure he had heard smashing coming from up there.

He checked the smaller bedroom, before hearing Morgan speak. There was another voice too. He panicked immediately and headed that way.

The ghosty and Morgan appeared to be facing off. Casper’s evil aunt had hold of the gun, and of Morgan. Rik’s eyes were probably wide at this point. How the hell did the spook become solid? He knew he couldn’t get rid of her with the salt gun.

He remained quiet, drawing out the silver bullet gun. Better than nothing right?

He looked at the mirror on the ceiling. Did he shoot that or the ghost first? He was worried about hitting Morgan with the bullet should he aim at the ghost now though, and the mirror ritual needed to end.
He closed his eyes, hoping Morgan could see what he was doing without him having to say anything. Hoping that the ghost was unaware of his presence.

He fired the gun at the ceiling. The poor mirror shattered and he twisted his face away from the raining shards for the second it took for them to fall to the floor.

Had they broken all the mirrors yet?

Gods he wished he knew for certain what was going on here. It felt like they’d been at this damned thing for hours.  He turned his eyes back on the scene. He had a choice if the ghost was still around… silver bullet gun or his ever faithful dagger. And that was IF Morgan wasn’t capable of splicing the ghoul herself.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2015, 06:30:10 pm »
The ghost wasn’t unaware, but thought timing was on her side. She pulled Morgan, strength unnatural, and pushed her towards the markings on the ground. That was when the mirror was it, as Morgan stumbled under it. She was quick to pull up her leather jacket so it covered her head, as well as hold her hands above her head. The leather was the real protection—the glass didn’t puncture it. Her hands and arms were cut up, but not too badly.

The shriek of the ghost made enduring that pain worth it, and when the fall ceased, Morgan looked up to see the ghost shattering like the glass. The corporeal form faded and she resumed the incorporeal one to die and shatter. She smirked and straightened up, hearing the weight of some of the glass pieces fall off her back to join their friends on the floor.
“Patricia is not going to be happy,” Morgan commented as she rose.

Bloody hands did not drive a motorcycle well.
“Don’t suppose you have a pair of gloves in that Volvo of yours, do ya? I might need them to get to a hospital.” She was absolutely not leaving the bike here, but she probably needed stitches.

Just another day in the life of a hunter.

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2015, 12:10:26 am »
Apparently shooting the glass had been the right answer after all. Morgan hadn’t died, but the ghost-bitch had. He was sure he had been holding his breath when the corporal form became spectral again and then poofed, like the shards of glass, only, not ouchy ones.

He was glad to see that for the most part, Morgan was unharmed.

He let out the breath he’d been holding in a long exhale.

She asked him a question and he looked at her hands. “No gloves, but I’ve got a make shift first aid kit in the trunk.” He replied.

Make shift in hunter world tended to incorporate some sort of alcohol along with a pair of tweezers and some bandages if they were lucky. Rick didn't even know what was in that thing. Kenny had packed it a few years back and he'd never used it.

“We have two options here, you give me the keys and ride pillion, or we walk the bike to the car, cos I kinda ran out of gas about half a mile from here.” He chuckled lightly. “Shoulda filled up at the station instead of coming back to see if I could hear what Kenny was saying on the other end of the phone. I couldn’t by the way.” A genuine smile.

“So, what’s the plan?” He looked around. “And yeah, Trish is gonna be pissed, but you know what, think I’d rather deal with selling a house full of broken glass than a vengeful ghost.”

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2015, 08:08:17 pm »
Make-shift first aid kit would have to do. When Rik mentioned ‘riding pillion’, as he so nicely put it, Morgan smirked. No way, in a thousand years, would anyone else ever drive Vince. Morgan then shook her head as he expressed the problem, since his car had run out of gas.

“We’ll walk the car. No one else drives my bike,”
Morgan made that clear and started to walk towards the stairs with their single broken step. “I might let you ride bitch sometime, though.” Pillion was just too nice of a word for the secondary rider. She’d always heard it referred to as ‘riding bitch’.

Besides her bike wasn’t really made for an extra rider. It would not be a comfortable ride, no matter how short it was.

No troubles plagued her on the way out. The door opened without hassle, and she walked over to Vince, kicked the kickstand and took the weight of the bike into her own hands as she gripped the handlebar to keep it up. Walking the bike wouldn’t be fun, either. The blood made her hands slick, and the ribbed handlebars were quite uncomfortable when pressing against open wounds.

Even so, she tried not to grimace.
“Be good,” she told the bike, making a thousand mental promises to wash him later.

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2015, 12:04:55 am »
They were both cut up pretty bad on their hands, and Rik would have offered to help her push the bike if she didn’t look so damned determined. Hell, he knew how she felt about the bike. He felt the same way about his car. No one drove her but him; though saying that, he’d never met anyone who had wanted to.  No one liked the Twi-hard vibe it gave off.  He had briefly chuckled at her response about riding bitch.

There were no problems on the way out of the house and the short journey to the car was committed in silence, but Rik didn’t mind and apparently neither did Morgan; if she did, she didn’t say anything anyway, apart from to tell the bike to be good. It seemed she was as comfortable with silence as he was.

They reached the car and he opened the boot as she dropped the kick stand on the car.

He dug out the ‘first aid kit’. In fairness, there wasn’t much good left in it. It needed topping up, but he had kept putting it off and putting it off; procrastinating on the task. “I know it’s not much, but it’s all we got.” He offered with a small smile.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2015, 12:16:35 am »
Morgan pushed the bike on her own towards the car, not at all bothered by the fact that Rik didn’t assist her. It was, strangely enough, not uncomfortable. There was no need to fill the silence with nonsense chatter. In fact, the quiet seemed to assure Morgan that the chaos of the house was truly dealt with.

Victory was had.

Once at the car, Morgan set her bike to rest and walked over to the boot when it was opened. She looked down at the first aid kit, and shrugged. It was better than nothing,
“Just need the wound cleansed and wrapped. I’ll get to a hospital to have the serious work done,” hopefully nothing serious would be needed. She disliked stitches almost as much as she disliked the bill.

Q

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2015, 02:16:20 pm »
Ok, so apparently this was now officially his job. Rik would have admitted quite openly that he had never patched anyone else up before… he’d patched himself up a numerous amount of times, or he’d had Kenny help patch him up; since he hated hospitals, but he’d never fixed up anyone else. Never had a need to until now. He didn’t need to tell her all of this though. He kinda guess that she already knew. He did have a rep, after all.

“Alright.” He carefully opened the box. His hands were roughed up, but nowhere near as badly as hers were. Stupid glass.

He took out the remainder of the alcohol gel and wipes and a couple of misshapen wraps that looked like they were bandages once upon a time. There were some tweezers too. “Hand?” He’d have to do them one at a time, or, this was the opportunity for her to either offer to do it herself, or to give him the hand she’d have more trouble with doing herself so she could do the other one herself.

At some point, probably after she was long gone, he would have to call Kenny to tell him that ding dong, the ghost was dead. And then he’d probably find a hovel somewhere to rest until he got another of those phone calls; or even possibly just a text.