Paragraphite

Happy New Year! Read 1289 times

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
Happy New Year!
« on: January 01, 2015, 02:56:31 am »
Happy New Year!  :redheart:

Any great moments or accomplishments of 2014 you want to share?

Resolutions?

As far as moments of 2014 for me it would have to be my mom's visit and Verse proposing. It's been a good year and I have no complaints.

Would really like to get something published in 2015. I think that would be my great goal of this new year.
 :goldenflower:

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • A Tempest Must Be Just That
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 03:02:07 am »
Happy New Years!

2014 I made fantastic friends. I am now spending New Years Eve in the hospital, hoping that one gets out of their surgery all right. Appendicitis.

I started my second Master's program. So I became a Master in 2014. I need to insist on being called by that title more in 2015, haha.

I also saw the God I once believed in on screen in the movie Exodus, which was both shocking and hilarious. I always imagined the deity as a child, and it was done so perfectly!

That ties into my resolution for 2015, which is to read the Bible in full. I've done it before, but not so studiously. Myself, Bleu (last I knew xD), and three other friends are all going to do it together, so it should be quite fun!

Ara, I wish you luck in the publishing field. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Loreth

• In my own little world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 03:41:25 am »
Happy New Years!!!

This year has seen a lot of challenges, losses and gifts. I went from being a lowly advisor at work to being promoted to the position I wanted. My husband's grandfather passed away but I will be given a second nephew! A real roller coaster but not done yet as the wheel continues to turn.

Next year we are hoping to get a house and are lining things up for that even now. As well, we're hoping to take a trip north to see his remaining grandparents while I'm hoping my sister can come out to visit us. Family all over the place!!

The only personal resolution I have is to keep with my trips to the gym. The doctor said I needed to lose weight and the mirror agrees so here's to a more confident me!! Finishing my current story project is on the list as well, since I love to multitask ^^

Blessings to each of you in all you do! *waves flag* You can do it!!

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 10:55:34 am »
This past year has been unbelievably challenging, more so than I've really been able to admit to others or myself really. But, sprinkled on top of the mountain of difficult has been a lot of really great things and experiences.

In the next year, I'd like to be more active and loose some weight- I'll be celebrating my 10 year wedding anniversary this coming year and I'd like to get closer to the body profile I had, and not just to look that way but to feel better and be more active for my kids.

I'd also like to keep learning a lot more Sign Language, go on a family vacation before my daughter has Cochlear implant surgery, and also get back into journaling and generally get back to a more spiritual place through study, meditation and prayer again. I used to do it a lot more and it seemed to help me unwind as well as let go of some of the pent-up emotions and stresses.

I mostly hope for the new year that things can go smooth and successful for my children and that we can all deal with the coming transitions and therapies and travel for doctors appointments and such with patience and grace for one another.

(Krystal, just curious, are you reading the Bible together to discuss and study or just to do it? I've never read all the way through the new and old testament, but in High School I read most of both and read parts of it frequently now.)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:57:16 am by Peregrine »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • A Tempest Must Be Just That
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 11:09:16 am »
I once knew the entire alphabet in sign language. It isn't the most efficient way to communicate with the deaf, but I got to use it a couple of times. I've forgotten some of the letters now...I ought to refresh my memory. Good luck in the endeavor, Pere! And in relieving yourself of stresses through relaxing activities. Also, congrats on soon-to-be 10 years!

To answer your query, it is a mix. I'm doing it mostly to refresh my memory of all that is in it. In conversation with some of these people, I've found that they haven't ever read the text in full...so since I was going to do it, I challenged them to do it with me so we could discuss and study it, too, and in the case of one I hope it helps him with his faith, since he's been struggling.

If you want to join, Pere, by all means ^-^ I have a link to a site that assigns the readings for the day.

Lorrie, good luck with all of your housing endeavors! It is...well, it was not fun or smooth for me, so I hope it goes much smoother for you.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:13:18 am by Krystal Itzume »