News: 
Paragraphite

All Time Favorite Movie? Read 1307 times

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
All Time Favorite Movie?
« on: November 03, 2014, 08:08:52 am »
I'd like to say something scary or cool or maybe even one of those movies no one has ever hear of, but it'd be a terrible lie.

My all time favorite movie, hands down, every time, is Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves with Kevin Costner. I've been in love with that movie since I was seven. I used to turn the volume down when Marion would scream because it was too loud for me when I was little.

What about you? No fibbing!

:peppergreen:

Ariel

• Where she walks, no flowers bloom.
    • View Profile
Re: All Time Favorite Movie?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 08:22:29 am »
I've seen that a few times but prefer the parody "Robin Hood: Men In Tights", by Mel Brooks. :P

My favorite movie would have to be... The Cabin In The Woods! Such a perfect movie; I recommend it to you all. :)

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 08:27:13 am »
snatch with brad pitt and jason statham and a bunch of other fucking awesome dudes. i love that movie. i've seen it so many times i can quote basically all of it. guy ritchie is da man.

"Who took the jam out of your dough-nut?" "You did, Tommy. You took the jam out of my fucking dough-nut."

the soundtrack for it is also awesome btw.

ara, not gonna lie, i've only seen the parody, but i will make a memo to myself to check out the original as i do love kevin costner.

ariel, i do like cabin's twist on horror movies. it's pretty original in that regard.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 05:47:14 pm »
I have a few, if I'm being honest, I have a hard time picking just one thing =/
Anyway the ones that come to mind are-
Ever After
Anna and the King
Iron Jawed Angels

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 08:15:55 pm »
Casablanca

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 09:49:06 pm »
This is already shaping up to be a good list of movies! I think the only one I haven't seen (or even heard of) is Iron Jawed Angels... For some reason my brain is trying to make up for that by crossing City of Angels with Jaws.

Lightning, do check out the original! Not the extended version though, that's just confusing. Seriously, it's great. I had it on VHS when I was a kid. I wore it out! It even had a Bryan Adams music video to the credits... *swoons* Everything I Do. (hint, my answer to favorite song ever)

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 11:25:46 pm »
Urgh, this is difficult.

Shawshank Redemption has to be up there, though. It altered my understandings of hope forever.

The War is another very influential film that I fell in love with the day I watched it.

10th Kingdom
, I have no shame, it's a glorious fairy tale story and I love it. I absolutely love it and I watch it often.

And finally, just because I never change the channel when it comes on, I, Robot. I don't know why I just haven't bought it yet, I clearly like it enough.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 12:08:13 am »
Princes Bride and Empire Strikes Back come in very close 2nd and 3rd.

Inconceivable!

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 05:57:06 am »
Krystal, I LOVE 10th Kingdom! It made mashing up fairy tales cool before it was cool... though I suppose Into the Woods did it before that... but still, great movie.

I also LOVE Princess Bride- I will admit, because we are in a safe non-judgmental space- When I was a kid I used to pretend pencils/plastic knives/etc were the dagger during the scene with Buttercup going to kill herself and I would totally act it out and pause it on Wesley's Face and kiss the TV before Buttercup could I still have an adult crush on Cary Elwes. .

*sigh* I sooo wish I would have had time to make the Dread Pirate and Buttercup this year! Alas... next year.

Ara- Iron Jawed Angels is a Indy-ish/HBO(?maybe) made movie about the later stages of the Women's Suffrage Movement in the US. It is powerful and emotional and I love it. ^_^
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 06:22:03 am by Peregrine »