News: 
Paragraphite

"Timed out" Issue Read 1604 times

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
"Timed out" Issue
« on: October 05, 2014, 01:57:36 am »
Lately I've been getting a "Timed out, please reload and try again" type message, pretty close to those words, almost every time I try and post in the forum or send a message.

Not sure if it's just me, if it is, anyone know how to fix it?

I've also gotten the yellow language I don't know tape screen of 404 doom a few times too. Are my cookies or something messed up?

Any help from you wonderful powers that be would be FABULOUS!

(Also, thank you for the cute pumpkins! I <3 them!  :pumpkinheart: :pumpkinsmile: :pumpkinwink:)

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
Re: "Timed out" Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 01:59:12 am »
You are not alone. I let Dior know about this last week, and for a little while there seemed to be no issues...and then they started up again yesterday and today (for me). What I recall from the message she sent to me was that it seemed to be an issue the peoples were having across many sites, so I hope they're still working on it.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 02:58:29 am »
You're not alone, but when I tried to make a thread on topic I got:

Page Could Not Be Loaded

We're very sorry, but the page could not be loaded properly. This should be fixed very soon, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Debug Info:
Response: Service Unavailable
XID: 791151206

Also for the last hour I wasn't able to hit the site - it said server timed out.   Alerted Verse, so yes it appears our best minds are working the issue.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 02:41:28 pm »
Oh my. I know I've had the timed-out inconvenience before but that was at least a half year ago. Thanks for letting us know and hopefully we can get it straightened out soon!

Edit: And I got timed out when writing that..

:pepperhalf:

MyDiorama

• Architect
  • tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 06:48:15 pm »
I've tried to reply to this so many times now.. but I always get timed out.
I've notified our host and provided screen shots.
I hope it will be fixed soon!

Runic Blade

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 11:02:13 pm »
I am guessing that maybe the server thinks you've logged off.  If you hit reply and paste in a message quickly, it doesn't seem to happen as much.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 09:37:19 pm »
I've been experiencing this problem off and on all morning, an error identical to the one Beau posted. I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason to it. The only solution appears to be waiting patiently until the site decides it likes me enough again to let me proceed.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 09:54:09 pm »
Did you do something you weren't supposed to? Maybe Para puts people on time outs now. Kick anyone lately?

Seriously though, I had a timed out page this morning too but all I had to do was refresh it. Will look into it! Keep us updated on the problem- if it keeps on or changes or stops.