Paragraphite

Spread the Sunshine- Random good news Read 11528 times

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
Re: Spread the Sunshine- Random good news
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2015, 03:44:06 pm »
Haha, wouldn't that be nice!

Hubs out of town for work and two active little girls, keep me moving whether it's good for me or not unfortunately. I'm wearing a brace, trying to stay off of it when I can and praying for a miracle that nothing gets worse while we're away at a wedding this weekend.

I am trying to see the positive in a cruddy situation. Like the insurance stuff, and the fact that I'm not crazy or just a wimp about knee pain when I refused to "push through it" during work-outs and stopped, so I might have saved myself some damage.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • A Tempest Must Be Just That
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2015, 11:57:00 pm »
Some of you know of my agonies and struggles on the job front.

I found a job that was supposed to be full-time as a barista, but wasn't. So I've been searching again. Today, I went in to an interview and killed it. The job was offered on the spot, full time, customer service rep. I have an interview tomorrow for a similar position that will pay a little more, so I asked for a bit of time to consider.

Either way, I get to leave this miserable excuse for a cafe, so I'm satisfied.

And RenFest is soon!

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2015, 01:47:49 pm »
Woot! Congratulations! This is great news!

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2016, 10:10:56 pm »
“That’s not what’s supposed to happen when you quit a job, Krystal.”

People haven’t posted here in a while, so I thought I would since I have a slew of good news.

1.   Quit my job, last day was yesterday. Got a call from the woman who had originally been running the project this morning, and she offered me a job on her team of 3. It’s a promotion, higher pay, no regular overtime (I was putting in on average 5-6 hours every week with other job), full benefits. Me, a lowly temp before—not sure what I did to impress her to get this offer, but I’m feeling pretty smug. This is how smug:

Formation (Rap/Hip-Hop Warning)

2.   Naka-Kon, the anime convention, is this weekend. Vergil costume is already finished and I am ready.
3.   My new go-to for Cosplay Costumes is hyped to help me with General Hux and Kylo Ren—and Kylo Ren’s lightsaber is soon to be acquired, once the job is solidified (I have the money for it in savings).
4.   Next week is birthday!
5.   Got my nails done for the first time in a couple of years. They look gorgeous. They’re designed to go with Vergil’s coat (see: Nails Pic )
6. Finally growing hair out again. I feel I've got a handle on it now.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 10:21:52 pm by Krystal Itzume »

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2016, 11:42:47 pm »
Grats, Krystal! For all of them across the board, but especially for the promotion - hard work pays off, an extra 5-6 hours a week is rough. Nice choice of song too.

To contribute, I'm getting married in April. Moving into my new apartment in ten days. And most importantly, I captured all 151 pokemon on the original red version.

<insert appropriate song here>

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2016, 11:47:12 pm »
Bit late on the Pokemon thing ~_^

But congratulations on the marriage! I hope the day is wonderful for the both of you, and I'm glad for the good news from ya! I also hope the new apartment works out. How exciting for ya, two major events so soon!

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2016, 08:50:18 pm »
Congratulations, Krys! Go you, getting a job for quitting a job! Who else could pull that off? Let us know how the new one goes.

Your nails look nice! Can't wait to see the new cosplay pics!

And congratulations Pride! Your soon to be spouse is crazy lucky to have you!