Paragraphite

Monster-of-the-Week [Closed] Read 5993 times

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster-of-the-Week [Closed]
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2016, 07:42:26 pm »
The blonde woman followed to the bar and even took a seat on stool. She was silent as Seth began to blend his drink, so obviously perturbed. So loud. It amused her greatly. The hunters of this time were brash...or perhaps it was an American trait.

They were rebellious, those colonists. Never mind that she was born American this time. "No, but thank you," and the uncouth man proceeded to drink straight from the blender, still unclothed, still ridiculous.

The Yuki Onna was well and truly dead. 'And no other.' Which meant this was not a lead Vastien had followed. Still, Seren would have to ask. A part of her wondered if it was her demon who inspired all these brash hunters. "You will get one question, so choose it wisely, Mister Sterling," she said, voice smooth. She wouldn't react to his anger. She was never intimidated. "I only have one more for you, and then I will leave. You may ask Artemis what you like," though Seren had no ties to her. "I simply need to know if you had help or hindrance from a man in dealing with the Yuki Onna. I am looking for him." She couldn't offer a description. In truth, she wasn't sure if Vastien had started to wear a female guise...or if he could.

All she knew was that he had been male, and he got involved with hunting. A trail had led her here...but so many turned up cold lately.

Silentslash

• The sky has fallen and I bare it's weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2016, 05:33:36 am »
Help? The only one who helped him kill the Yuki-Onna was Artemis, she also mentioned hindrance from the same man? Who would want to prevent a Yuki-Onna from being killed? He could only assume the man she was searching for was a hunter. Artemis was the only one he knew of.

"I apologize for the rudeness, unannounced visitors asking about someone who died in my home sounds like trouble no matter which way you look at it. I had to know if you were a cop or not. As far as your man, no it was just Artemis and I. Luckily I am a man with many resources, perhaps we can be of service to each other."

He took the towel and wiped the sweat off his face and began patting his body dry from the sweat. "I assume this man you're looking for has a name. I'll keep my nose to the ground and I'm sure he'll turn up eventually. As far as my question, who are you and no lies please, I've been lied to enough lately."

He failed to mention his father's contacts all over the world, all Seth had to do was put the word out with a hefty reward and somewhere someone will have to have seen the man she was searching for. The question was how important was he to her?

Favors and keeping people in debt were a powerful tool.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2016, 05:55:33 am »
The blonde woman kept the smirk off her lips as this stranger immediately tried to offer his services to her. ‘We invented the game of debts and gifts.’ People often forgot what a powerful tool it was—at least today. They grasped at whatever they could take hold of. The rich and wealthy also seemed to expect to receive more than they gave.

The world had twisted.

At least this man had some idea. She could hear it in the way it was offered. “There are two truths to your question,” the woman answered. There was the name given to this body at birth, and there was the name of her soul. “Pick a number, one or two, and you’ll get that answer. I don't lie, Mr. Sterling, not for the one question you get.” If he was clever, he might be able to follow the name this body was given, but that would take quite a bit of resources.

She had the Agni covering those trails.

“As for my man, he does have a name, but I don’t know which name he’s using, either, so it won’t do you much good. I’d rather not have you asking Artemis about him, either,”
her smile was coy, “It would get you in far too much trouble, I assure you.” She wasn’t really protecting him, and she was certain he’d see through it—but he might catch on that Artemis would know the name.

Any good hunter should…and if he picked the right number, Artemis might even know her name. And then call him crazy.

Silentslash

• The sky has fallen and I bare it's weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2016, 12:03:42 am »
Seth's eyebrows raised as she spoke, there was something interesting about this mysterious woman and how she spoke in riddles and her cryptic demeanor. Two truths was ridiculous, one was a lie. Who she is and who she presents herself as are two different things. Which would he choose though?

He wouldn't let her answers stagger him. He simply smiled coolly and looked down for a moment, contemplating what he would choose. Whichever name he would get would go into his extensive database and he'd find out more in-depth.

His eyes flashed up and looked at her for a moment, it was all of web of lies and mystery with these hunters and supernatural savvy folk.
"Number two and I hope you don't take as means to feed me bullshit."

As far as the name of the man she was looking for, he felt her caution for him not genuine. He wasn't backing down the more he could know about these people the better. He played it cool nonetheless.

"Tell me the name you know him by, you do not know the extent of my resources or how I can be of help to you. Also, I do not fear Artemis and you need not worry about me, I can take care of myself as you can see."

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2016, 12:45:24 am »
Most picked “one”. The blonde never changed up the order, either way, and she would not cheat the man out of his answer. He had chosen the truest name, but one that would lead him to little. That name was dead.

He’d likely be confounded.

“Neither name is bullshit, I assure you,”
she answered, “The name then, is Seren Vesper,” perhaps he’d know it, but she doubted it. There was no reason to, his family too new blood to care for English aristocrats.

She rose then, the smile remaining on her lips, “I’m afraid, Mr. Sterling, that you did not ask for his name as your question, and so you will not receive it. I learned a long time ago not to trust humans,” those pale eyes seemed to glitter as the smile became a smirk, “It was good to chat with you, however. One day, when you’re wiser, you may figure out the right question to ask to find yourself as a contact of mine, but I’m afraid that right now, I could not care less about either you, or Artemis.”

They had nothing for her, and her reach stretched far wider. Pride would always be Seren’s sin of choice, but she was also cautious. She did not need her name, and Vastien’s name, on the lips of anyone, in the same breath. At least, no one she knew.

And she did not know Sterling yet. “If you’ll excuse me,” she gave a short curtsy, pulling at the hems of her dress in the mocking gesture, before she turned around and headed towards the exit with a certain flounce to her step, almost a skip, as if nothing discussed had mattered in the least.

She’d leave the way she came, if she was not stopped.