News: 
Paragraphite

Hello Read 1884 times

Runic Blade

• View Profile
Hello
« on: July 23, 2014, 10:09:32 pm »
Hi,

My name is Matt and I have been RPing for a long time (years) on and off... mostly off.  I started becoming interested in writing again recently after reading some detective stories.  I read those detective novels to pass my time at my boring day job.  The stories made me feel more creative and I remembered how I used to be into RPing.  So, I then decided to start writing again in RPs.

Anyway, Krystal invited me here and here I am.  I like the forum's name, it's goes well with the writing theme.

I play most RP types - past/present/future, magic or not - it doesn't really matter to me!  My name is "Runic Blade" because I was really into viking mythology at one point so I just keep using the same name.

My other hobby is that I am learning to draw and paint, although I am still a bad artist at this point.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 10:12:32 pm »
Practice makes better! Keep painting, you will improve and it will be awesome.

Glad I could get ya to come over here! I hope you find some RPs you like, or start up one ^-^

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 10:12:49 pm »
Welcome Welcome!

I'm excited to see another Mystery lover. I had one other here interested in a murder mystery type thread, but since there were just the two of us, it never got off the ground.

Anyway, always nice to see more faces and talent around here to be enjoyed and shared. Welcome and  :rainbowsheep: cause it's my new favorite. ^_^

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 10:16:29 pm »
So excited to see you here Rune! Super welcome!

And how would you propose doing a detective thread if indeed you would make one? It's hard to make mysteries with interactive writing, yes? or would you simply micro manage it yourself, as the thread starter?

Either way, very welcome! Expect a punny mail from me soon!

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 10:19:54 pm »
Yo, Matt. Welcome to the site.

I'll be looking forward to seeing you around.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 10:24:19 pm »
Welcome to the site! Were the detective novels a series you got into?

I've always wanted to get into drawing and painting but I'm only good at imitating other pictures and even then, it's about once a year that it works.

We've got a section for solo work if you ever want to show us your new art! Looking forward to rping with you and seeing you around the forum!

And Pere had a bunch of potential ideas for mystery threads! I was her other with interest.

ps. Pere, I love that bouncing sheep too.  :peppertech:

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 10:25:26 pm »
Meow

*does honorary strut through welcome thread*

Pach_Work

• prone to imagination spasms
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 12:38:20 am »
Welcome to the site, Runic Blade :)

I love painting and drawing as well! Started off in school as an art major before changing to advertising. You should take some pictures of your work and post them in the Solo Art thread. I'd love to see your style! I bet it's awesome.

:paint: :canvas: :paintbrushes:

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 10:04:06 am »
sup dude. welcome aboard.

i'm with pach on the art deal, i'd love to see your work. post ittttttt.

Runic Blade

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 09:38:03 pm »
And how would you propose doing a detective thread if indeed you would make one? It's hard to make mysteries with interactive writing, yes? or would you simply micro manage it yourself, as the thread starter?

Good question...

Suppose you had one person who is a murderer and another player who is a detective.  If there are more than two players the other players could be acting as a police department.  The murderer character would be played by a person who knows all of the story (person 'M').  I think the other players could ask the player M questions and then go investigate his house and such.  But then what?

A detective player would be like, "Hmm, I wonder if the butcher knife in the sink has human blood on it or if it is just bloody from last night's steak dinner?"

I guess then they could take the knife back to the police station and the person M could act like the "voice of god" and write "the butcher knife was tested by the lab and the blood was ordinary cow's blood..."  Player M could actually play multiple characters... like if other people need to be interrogated, etc...

Did you ever play the video game L.A. Noire?  That is what I am thinking about, except as a RP.

I never saw a RP like that before but maybe it is possible if all the players are good at going along with it.

Were the detective novels a series you got into?

Not really.  I read a few by the same author, Ross MacDonald.  I also read one by Raymond Chandler which was good.  I never read that type of book before, except when I was a kid I read some Sherlock Holmes book.  Mostly I have read sci-fi/fantasy.

i'm with pach on the art deal, i'd love to see your work. post ittttttt.

Here's my deviantart gallery: http://mpcash.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ariel

• Where she walks, no flowers bloom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 07:22:18 am »
Hello Runic Blade! Welcome to the site. :)

I hope you're enjoying your time here on Para!