Paragraphite

Chained to the sky [OOC] Read 35781 times

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
Re: Chained to the sky [OOC]
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2014, 07:46:22 pm »
Quote from: Iorveth
so. do the Falinian's view the marked as more important people.. sort of like a chosen by god sort of thing
not saying theres a religious thing but is there something that elevates them above anyone else

I wouldn't say elevated, as they can come from any social class, more along the lines of valued. I think it is such an ingrained part of their society that they aren't exactly set above, but set apart. I think maybe they had more opportunities allowed them- more contact with gen-zero ships certainly- than regular Falinians.

Maybe there was a mentor type process when a Mark showed up? Adam was already "upper class" so there wasn't much he didn't have. Beau- you're playing a Falinian Marked, what did you picture?

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2014, 09:28:14 pm »
If 57% of the population was marked then they couldn't have been that special really.  If it were less, then I could see them being special, but that's the majority of the population...so...

I guess they were just talented.  Perhaps revered outside - sort of useful?  I don't know.  I wasn't planning on using my powers for the betterment of humanity.  Mac isn't the type you'd put on a pedestel. *chuckle*

He's sooo misunderstood.  Seriously, he's been pretty plain with Andy.  That baggage is heavy.

What planet are we heading for?  Will Prides post foreshadow our next stop?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 09:35:53 pm by Beau »

Pach_Work

• prone to imagination spasms
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2014, 10:14:07 pm »
Might be cute for Mac to teach Georgia how to cook. Would give Andy more reasons to hate her, hah. Beau, you didn't mention Mac noticing Georgia's intrusion, so I assume he'd be oblivious to the face that she knows he is a Marked?

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2014, 11:04:17 pm »
Well... we can certainly make it a smaller portion of the society if folks were picturing less. I don't mind either way honestly and I want things to mirror how folks see it.

Lightening and Pach if you aren't averse, I was wondering if we might do a little bit of round robin joint posting?  After Lightening gets a chance to let us all know what Raleigh has been up to- flying the ship, neglecting the ship, drinking, sleeping... spying on Georgia. You know, whatever ^_^

As for where they are headed, I figured they would stop on one of the planets to do some repairs that need to be done before they push out past the core to meet up with Rochester. I was thinking theh planet with the sentient/mind readers.

In between now and getting to Rochester we can do anything really. Did you have something in mind?

*EDIT* Beau, just read the IC post, and wanted to make sure you knew, even if Mac didn't- that Andy said the thing about being quiet to Anne. I figure it works either way.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 12:30:56 am by Peregrine »

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2014, 01:17:39 am »

*EDIT* Beau, just read the IC post, and wanted to make sure you knew, even if Mac didn't- that Andy said the thing about being quiet to Anne. I figure it works either way.

Yes, I got that from your perspective.  From his though if he thought you were talking to him then it explains why he doesn't paw you while you work.  Because it could really be like a three-some there...maybe a foursome.

In other news if the marked were 7% then I would see them being more rare.  On the other hand mass genecide with the ships sort of accomplishes the same thing.  So, either way we have rare in present day who then might be more something to fear than to be revered.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:19:57 am by Beau »

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2014, 01:29:20 am »
Because it could really be like a three-some there...maybe a foursome.

Bahahah, nice.

Also- not so much the face tattoos, but this is how I picture Andy

And with blue eyes instead- present day Adam (He has black hair and blue eyes- an anomaly-  from some relative that was part human. Used to have a ponytail before he got snatched up, kinda like the other avatar I had for like five seconds:/ )

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2014, 01:30:27 am »
Lightning and Pach if you aren't averse, I was wondering if we might do a little bit of round robin joint posting?  After Lightning gets a chance to let us all know what Raleigh has been up to- flying the ship, neglecting the ship, drinking, sleeping... spying on Georgia. You know, whatever ^_^

i assumed Raleigh would be flying the ship, as he thinks Andy is getting her wounds treated. i didn't really see a point in making a post about that but i can if you all want. it won't be much though. as always, i'm down for some joint post action anytime.

i can also do this flipping out thing that i believe was  mentioned earlier. i'm not really sure when and where though...

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2014, 02:57:26 am »
That is pretty accurate to how I had been picturing Andy, Peregrine. And woah, Adam's a stud. :heart:

This is how I imagined Georgia, before her blond roots grew ridiculously long. She'll look like this again soon. I think I like the blue hair.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2014, 07:09:41 am »
Thank you Lightning and Pach! You were both delights to work with! I think it turned out and now Georgia is one of the crew... at least for now. =]

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2014, 10:42:22 am »
It was a pretty epic joint post. Lightning and I have one coming up soon!

I think it's pretty cool how complex we've all made our characters. It'll make for some great moments in the plot.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2014, 05:55:42 pm »
I enjoyed reading your round-robin post. The three of you did a great job, it was really interesting.

I'm still working on my post. I don't want to throw up just a wall of Nine/Orion interaction, so I'm trying to fit some relevancy in there.

Also, I've been meaning to ask, but is lightening a different of way spelling lightning outside of the US? I know some places like the UK have different spellings for certain words (color, colour), so I was curious if that was the case with lightning too.

Iorveth

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2014, 08:05:41 pm »
 the way the name is spelt usually would refer to brightening something up,  as in  to lighten something,  making something lighter in colour.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2014, 05:15:26 am »
Sam is right. My problem is spell check. I get typing fast and write it wrong and select the wrong "correct" word from the red squiggle drop down list.

Sorry Lightning, I do try and get it correct. &_&

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2014, 05:32:25 am »
you have! i noticed the change in spelling awhile back and i appreciate it. for some reason, any username i have tends to get misspelled. i'm beginning to think i should stick to something really simple haha.

also, pach and i are almost done with our joint post, i think. should be up soonish.

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2014, 05:51:09 am »
Don't feel bad. My username is constantly spelled "Patch." It's actually kind of embarrassing, because I am sure y'all thought I just misspelled patch >> But it's just a nickname I've had since junior high on my tennis team when my teammates shortened my last name.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2014, 10:19:32 am »
i was always wondering what the origin of your username was, pach. i'm pretty use to spelling it as pach, btw, but this may be because you've had the same username for ages, even on the site that shall not be named.

also, the post is up and has been up for a bit now~ sorry for the late update.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2014, 05:21:35 pm »
Oh, I see. Thank you for the clarification.

Pach, I've never really have any issue with your name because you started a thread wayyy back in like...09, I think, that I really enjoyed. I was sad when it didn't pan out, probably because of my flakiness, but your name always stuck out to me afterwards.

I'm working on my post at this very moment. Ior, I intend to leave off with Orion contacting Dom about the situation with Georgia and Andy. If you want to extend that conversation, shoot me a PM. If not, feel free to make of it what you will.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 05:27:29 pm by Pride »

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2014, 08:15:49 pm »
Wait, now I know why that AI suggestion seemed so familiar to me! YOU were the one that included the idea in my old thread back then!!! Ahhh, that's right Pride! I totally remember now! What was your old username? It's been bugging me since we all moved over here.

GEMINI was one of the only successful threads I started (meaning people were interested in it, hah.) I have always thought about trying to start it up again but I am a terrible thread leader. I have anxiety about no one joining.

Guys, I'm so old. I've been a member of that site since 2004.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2014, 09:26:47 pm »
Posted. I hope it's suitable. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything I should edit.

And haha Pach, I had completely forgotten that my character in GEMINI had an AI companion until you mentioned it just now. Five years later and here I am thinking I'm doing something original, that figures. Her name was Libra, iirc, to go with the zodiac theme. And my username was Emarka.

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2014, 12:02:09 am »
Ooh behind the scenes villain work. Love it!

I found the old thread and read it while I was bored at work. We really didn't make it that far >.< And I only remember the AI companion because I wished I'd thought of that. I was super original and made my character's companion a kitten. I was 19 in 2009...you would have thought I was 6 with that idea.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2014, 03:40:45 pm »
*tries not to walk down memory lane*

Anyway, are we going to do a time jump to breakfast the next day on the ship?  Do we want to have dinner together instead?  What's the relative plan/timing.  Pach and I talked about meeting in the kitchen but we need some input from Light and Pere about action on the ship.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2014, 07:18:32 pm »
You actually read my late night musing Beau. I'm working on a time jump post.

As for the plan, I was figuring that they would need to stop somewhere to do some repairs that can't be done while flying. It could be another planet/moon in the core or a space station of some sort or what not.

I thought that Orion or Hyatt could have put an alert out on the coretex for Alliance officials to be on the look out for their class of ship, because obviously Andy doesn't use real paper work or ID scans for the Anne, it would give them some time before they were figured out. I figure Nine was too advanced to not be able to read through the fake IDent stuff, but other places wouldn't be.

I figure they also need to pick up the long range wave(message) from Rochester on where they are meeting to deliver his cargo.

These are just ideas, mind, if anyone else has something they had brewing/really wanted to do next, let's do that.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2014, 03:43:17 am »
Pach and I will put together a quick making breakfast post.    Setting down sounds good.  They could even be on the planet when another ship does a flyby.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2014, 07:15:40 pm »
Just letting everyone know that Ior and I are in the process of making a joint post. It'll likely conclude with their moving to find Rochester from his last known location and the beginnings of Adam's involvement to bring the Anne out of hiding.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 07:52:56 pm by Pride »

Iorveth

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2014, 06:27:50 am »
yeah pride sorry about the delay in posts.  I've been working some pretty crazy shifts at my restaurant, I'll get you something ASAP

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2014, 07:00:57 am »
posted a little something. it's mainly filler stuff but i had fun writing it~ the interacting part is the last bit aka the important part.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2014, 10:16:36 pm »
Lightning, care to joint post Raleigh and Andy discussing Orion and Dominic? Give a chance for folks to eavesdrop or interrupt or what not.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2014, 08:12:55 am »
i'm down for some joint post action. let's get in onnnnn.

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2014, 07:34:40 am »
Sorry y'all I was gone for the weekend. I'll add my bit after you post the joint. I figured I'd have Georgia eavesdropping as well, but it seems like the post is almost done so it'd probably just be easier to add my bit in separately.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2014, 07:50:00 am »
haha. i love how private, isn't private anymore.

also, super late on this train but, i finally found an image to suit Raleigh.

fuck yeah Richard Armitage.

i was too lazy to remove his tats and yeah just toss in a fake robot arm thing too.