News: 
Paragraphite

Chained to the sky [OOC] Read 32483 times

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
Re: Chained to the sky [OOC]
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2014, 05:18:26 am »
Almost done with the joint post with Per, who is kindly waiting on me since I've been unexpectedly busy the last couple of days. I'll have free time to finish up tomorrow. Sorry for the wait.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2014, 05:48:29 am »
I'm a little busy tomorrow during the day/afternoon, but the evening I should be around.

Everyone have fun! As long as we're all still interested, there isn't a problem with gaps and pauses and waiting while the real life good stuff goes on. =]

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2014, 02:54:14 am »
I'm stuck in a hotel with a boring training class all next week -- and I'm going to have no one to play with...

*pouts*

*goes to look for cake*

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2014, 06:35:03 am »
Hey hey! I'll be here...

*pouts as she is considered "no one"*

*rummages around for a twix bar and some ice water to console her no-oneness*

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2014, 07:05:39 am »
 :tart:
 :cup:
Party

And we will finish pretty paper. 

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2014, 08:22:07 am »
Yay! I'm not a no one!!

Party!! :rainbowsheep:

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2014, 05:39:17 pm »
Posted. The final count was roughly 25000 characters, so I had to split it into two posts. Looks like we had a little too much fun, haha. Sorry about that.

Pach_Work

• prone to imagination spasms
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2014, 10:01:25 pm »
Awesome action post you two! Love the ending of it with the AI haha!

Posting tonight! Also I'll have something in Evanescent as well, Pride. Yay!

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2014, 08:06:31 pm »
Good job Pach! You made a great transition post with all the stuff that Pride and I threw at you. Hope you have fun at your camp next week! ^_^

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2014, 07:14:35 am »
damn, y'all are fast.

i'm super tired but i'll try to have something up tomorrow.

edit: i lied. the internets have kept me from sleeping and have allowed me to post. it's not much but it should move us along somewhat i suppose.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 09:59:35 am by Lightning »

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2014, 01:52:05 pm »
I owe a post, and have part of it, but I'm in class today so it will have to get done later.  If Peregrine beats me to posting she knows where Mac is.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2014, 04:09:42 am »
Been a busy hectic day. I got a post up elsewhere, but still have a few things to do and we're having a really awesome thunder/lightening/down pour right now, so power is iffy.

I actually wouldn't mind waiting. I have a semi-brain plotted post, but I don't think it will form up until after your post Beau, so I'll most likely wait... unless my brain strikes lightening and the physical lightening doesn't knock our power out.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2014, 06:18:03 am »
Okay.  I'll keep it simple and post something tonight

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2014, 04:47:14 pm »
Looks like I'm up to bat. Where do we want to go with the plot next? I intend to write Orion returning to the Erebus, but I'm not sure what direction I should be pointing him in now.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2014, 07:50:55 pm »
I'd say he gets some information about Rochester- who's sort of an outer rim barren type deal- he has a lot of power on several planets and colonies.

He could also look into Andy, Georgia, and the Anne more now that he knows they are together. I figure Andy and the crew have been careful about not getting caught, but that doesn't mean they haven't left a trail or contacts along the way. They have to be getting their jobs and deliveries from somewhere, smuggling brokers and what not.

I figure Andy will be gathering her crew soon to inform some of them of the danger they are in. I don't know if Georgia will be outed for a Marked just yet, as I think it would be more dramatic if they had another run in or two with Orion before everyone knew, though Mac might figure it out pretty quick.

Maybe they have to set down at one of their "safe harbors" just outside or just inside the inner core, for repairs that Mac didn't get to do.

I think there could be all sorts of things- They run into the former Pirates that Andy got Mac from. Someone from Raleigh's more recent past pops up that could stir trouble? Would Georgia need any kind of medication to keep her stable since she had her genes and such all mashed up? They pick up a side job someone hears about and Orion catches wind of it, or he set a trap maybe?

I'm just spit balling here. Anyone else have any idea they want to see happen/pictured taking place? Let's do those too.

Iorveth

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2014, 12:19:21 am »
It should be noted that I have joined this Rp and will be jumping in shortly, I have spoken with Pere and Pride and we have something worked out for a new character

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2014, 12:33:57 am »
Very cool!   Adam perhaps?  At some point we need that complication (assuming he's still alive).

I have a post in my head, and might go and insert it (since it's brief) just for flow.  But I don't want it to look like I'm hogging the plot, so I'll think on it a bit tonight first.

Iorveth

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2014, 12:56:41 am »
lol no its not Adam,  but possibly connected ?   Who can say

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2014, 03:23:41 am »
Now I want to post :P I guess with everyone in kind of groups it won't matter until the time we all need to come together again...

Ack... I might be able to resist.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2014, 04:17:59 am »
Fight. Fight. Fight.

We'll joint post it out and then not share it....

Mwahahah 

Iorveth

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2014, 05:52:14 am »
Well i intro posted Dominic.. hunter of the Gen-Zero ships. decorated admiral of the alliance.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2014, 06:25:35 am »
Well i intro posted Dominic.. hunter of the Gen-Zero ships. decorated admiral of the alliance.

and speaker of RED.

sorry, the joke was too good to pass up.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2014, 09:39:56 am »
I'll be working on a post tomorrow, though it may not be up until Saturday, depending.

Since we have basically three groups moving in different arcs at the moment, don't worry about waiting for me to post. If we want Orion to get involved directly with either the Anne crew or Dominic's forces, just let me know. For the moment, I'll follow Per's advice and have Orion do some recon on Rochester while flushing out his relationship with Nine a bit more.

Also, for better to worse, I believe I'll be playing the role of Adam. The flashback potential is real.

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2014, 04:12:22 am »
I'm baaaaaack!

I'll try to post tomorrow if I can get myself in the right mindset. It was a rough week for me and right now all I can think about is sleeping. :'''D

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2014, 08:14:16 am »
Welcome back Pach!

Sorry things were rough! Hope you get some sleep. =]

In the land of insomnia here.

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2014, 05:26:21 am »
Thanks ^^ and welcome to the new guy! I'll be posting soon, almost done with mine. And yes, I had planned on having Georgia experience "episodes" though I had imagined them to be rare. She could be on meds for that. Maybe an injection of some sort. She knows she has to take it, but she doesn't know why.

I'm going to PM you with details, Pere, just to be sure what I am thinking is allowed (and makes sense).

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2014, 05:29:37 am »
yay! I'm sure it will be fine, but I totally love an inside scoop ^_^

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2014, 07:37:56 am »
Posted! Uh oh...what just happened?

Hehehehe

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2014, 04:20:52 pm »
Ah, this is the trouble my character gets into when he takes his shirt off.   *smirk*

Okay, I figure Raleigh has guessed Mac is marked because over the course of the year of bunking together he's probably seen something.  Pach knows and so does Andy, obviously, but the rest of the crew should be relatively oblivious to the type of ship and crew.   Everybody has their secrets.

As for Pach's character I figure Mac can wander into the kitchen and try to teach her how to cook for some comic relief.  He won't know she's marked, that will have to come out in some other awkward moment. Mac paying attention to a third woman should make things rocky, particularly if Raleigh likes her too.

In fact, Raleigh should go all 'big brother' about Andy at some point.   We need a fist fight or something...maybe some heavy duty drinking (which Mac never does).   Then he could reveal that the Anne isn't his first.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 04:25:56 pm by Beau »

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2014, 07:00:25 pm »
Okay, since I've gotten several questions about it via PM's and I totally didn't make it clear... well anywhere and I've been discussing things with multiple people so I'll just put the culmination of it all here for everyone and probably add it to the "info" post at the beginning of the thread.

The War
Grumblings and small fighting started 15ish years ago when Marked Falinian's started to go missing. Not all Falinian's are Marked, though roughly 57% of the population at the time was. Non-marked Falinians cannot bond with gen-zero ships. THE WAR started 10-12ish years ago when the Resistance was really formed and battles broke out on multiple planets in the verse to fight against Alliance control and genocide.

Andy joined the Resistance at 17 when it broke out, but didn't get into the fighting until 18 when she could officially enlist. She lost Adam at 19, and I figure she met Raleigh not to terribly long after that. She was there when he lost his arm I believe we decided?

The fighting lasted until 5 years ago when General Doom *cough* excuse me General Dominic killed/captured/destroyed (leaving this up to Iorveth) 10 passenger carriers full of Marked/and or their families. They had gathered on Leaimatia moon to strike out into the outer core and resettle, and it was kept very quiet, but Dominic found out and was waiting for them. After the newly introduced AI ships, and being vastly outnumbered, and the devastation and loss of so many, the Resistance General - Simon Frye a human-  with the support of his command negotiated the terms of surrender and is assumed to have been executed or imprisoned. His wife and children were marked on the transport ships.

Some of the main terms of the surrender was that all Falinians become tagged and a genetic profile drawn. Any marked Falinian born now to non-marked Falinians (which is rare but happens) is taken into custody of the Alliance. Falinian's are still about the verse, but they are closely watched. Any Falinian found to not be tagged one year after the war can be imprisoned for failure to comply. Any and all non-Falinian Resistance fighters were processed through Allied disarmament camps at the end of the war and their Allied file reflects their time of disloyalty. If they showed to much aversion to being integrated back into Allied life, they were jailed.

The Alliance spun the yarn that the ships were attack vessels, but anyone involved with the resistance knows better. Among those left that fought for independence for the Falinian Marked Dominic is known as the "Red Ripper" and his ship is known as "The Bloody Mary", neither of which will be said if they don't know all in present company since it shows where their allegiances lie. If the Alliance catches any old reintegrated Resistance fighters doing anything questionable they jail or kill them.

Anyone can make up any battles and where they took place, ground or space. Make up a unit they fought in, a place that was bombed or retreated from, or what have you. Anyone can make up chain of command down from General Frye, etc. It was an interplanetary war, mostly fought on the edges of the core and just outside it, so there is a LOT of area that can be covered.

Thoughts/Ideas/Comments are always welcome and appreciated. ^_^ Hope this clears things up a bit.

*EDIT* On a completely other note- I think it would be super fun to have Raleigh freak out at Mac for Andy's sake, maybe just for the fact that she isn't stitched up yet and is now in an emotional state he hasn't seen anything similar to in since he lost his arm and almost died?

I figure Andy is going to go after Georgia, interrupting whatever Mac was saying/or not saying/or doing to clear up whatever. Andy, after some sleep most likely, isn't going to take as easily to the idea that she has brewing that he only kissed her to get access to Anne.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:16:17 pm by Peregrine »