News: 
Paragraphite

Chained to the sky [OOC] Read 29359 times

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Chained to the sky [OOC]
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 04:10:57 am »
Pride, I really, really liked your post.

Question though -- did your character kill the crew, or did you just happen on them and pick up the reward money? I'm looking to understand exactly how coldblooded you wanted to be.

Peregrine -- are we going to go shopping together?  OR do you want Mac to handle that, and you worry about the cargo pick up.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:16:00 am by Beau »

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 04:19:12 am »
Thanks. And he killed them straight up, yo. Contract was to eliminate the Alliance captain defecting to the rebels and bringing a stolen AI and prototype ship with him as tokens of trust.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:38:43 am by Pride »

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 06:10:39 am »
Kudos all of you, very nice posts.

Beau- I'd say a mixture of both maybe? I would like a low level of action/violence this first time around. I think Andy and co are tough, but even combined I can't decide if they could take on Orion/Jon, not just yet at least.

It might be a couple days before I post here or anywhere though (for those waiting in other threads), I seem to have caught the mother of all stomach flues and I can barely sit up and write this. Blurgh.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2014, 06:59:55 am »
I would like a low level of action/violence this first time around.

Agreed. I was thinking maybe a minor chase scene near the end of this bit on Falinia, concluding with Orion arriving at the dock just in time to watch the Queen take off into the atmosphere.

I hope you feel better soon, Peregrine. Being sick sucks.

Pach_Work

• prone to imagination spasms
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2014, 07:05:35 am »
Feel better Peregrine :( I hardly ever get sick but when I do I'm miserable. Hopefully you'll make a speedy recovery!

I was debating on ideas of how I could get on board the Anne. Should she sneak, enlist help from the Captain? Maybe try her hand at seducing one of the male crew mates?  I'm up for suggestions, guys. XD

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2014, 07:11:00 am »
My vote is you offer your services in some way - that can be done overtly (hey, I'm a pretty good XYZ) or you could appeal to someone's sympathy.  I think Lightenings character might be an interesting target for you.  Even Andy - woman to woman - might be worth convincing. 

Another option would be to pay for passage

A third would be to stowaway.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2014, 10:44:24 pm »
get well soon, p!

hm, can't say Raleigh is very sympathetic. he does like to drink though, if that helps in any way. a drunk Raleigh could prove easier to work with.

I think anything would work, really.  especially since this crew doesn't seem to mind sticking it to the alliance.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2014, 11:10:16 pm »
I sort of like the idea of drunk Raleigh bringing home a stray cat (or maybe the cat helps you home and moves in) and then having to explain to mom why she has another mouth to feed.  Drama.

Of course Mac gets the litterbox to scoop since he'll figure out the marked to marked thing once he puts two and two together with the chase scene.

All figuratively of course.

Oh, and yeah - feel better soon P.  etc. etc.  I'm happy plotting for now.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:12:14 pm by Beau »

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2014, 04:48:26 am »
All of Beau's cat references and then the little kitten in an American flag bucket is too much for me :'D  :catpile: But I like this idea too. Conversations with drunk people are usually entertaining, and seeing the sober counterpart grow impatient with the drunkenness is always funny too.

We could always do a joint post if it comes to that, Lightning. What do you think?

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2014, 08:17:44 pm »
I'm down with some joint post action.

And on the note of the USA and alll... we're advancing to the next round in the world cup. Hell yeahhhh.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2014, 08:46:38 pm »
Okay, back on my feet! Wahhoo for feeling better!

As for getting on the ship, I'd say Raleigh or stowing away is your best bet. At this point I don't think Andy is going to be a super sympathetic captain, since she already has one marked crew member and is flying a semi-legal ship.

Once she's on... well that's another story.

I was seeing the whole chase thing getting mixed up as either Andy thinking they are coming after Mac, or her ship, or both- Pride I have some thoughts I'm going to be PMing you to see what you think.

I'll try and get a post up today/tonight to at least get us moving again. Thanks for the patience!

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2014, 11:10:31 pm »
I'm just gonna be bringing your crew a whole buncha trouble, ain't I? 

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2014, 06:40:54 am »
I present to you The Queen Anne's Reveng. I've been keeping an eye out for one that I thought felt right for how I pictured her. It isn't how I originally pictured it, but this feels right. =]

Big enough to be able to have some "personal" sized ships, small enough to fly under the radar type deal.

Anyway... I was excited so I shared. =]

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2014, 07:41:58 am »
i like it~ wicked imagery going on there.

also, i've posted~ Raleigh kind of sort of bumped into your guy Jon, Pride, if that's cool~ i figured he's kind of unavoidable lol. it could also possibly be a reason to not notice Georgia, if you needed one btw.

pach, i'm ready for some joint posting if you need some. Raleigh's just gonna keep drinking till the day seems better, which possibly means never.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2014, 03:27:06 pm »
Cool with me. And yeah, that's a convenient excuse not to notice Georgia immediately; he probably won't realize she's in the restaurant  for some reason I'll figure out eventually until after she's talked with Raleigh. Maybe he'll only notice once the two are leaving, maybe when Georgia's hat falls off accidentally or something?

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2014, 06:18:11 pm »
Hey fellas, the only thing I'd be aware of is that I tried to set "the crew" time table back those couple of hours so that there would be an opening for Georgia to get on the Anne before Orion caught her and the crew could pick stuff up with some haste, but not on the run so to speak.

Not saying we can't change the time table, I just went off of Prides "10:00 AST" and set it back a bit for the rest. Suppose it would be more drama if they were hanging out around each other for that time though?

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2014, 08:17:31 pm »
Hey fellas, the only thing I'd be aware of is that I tried to set "the crew" time table back those couple of hours so that there would be an opening for Georgia to get on the Anne before Orion caught her and the crew could pick stuff up with some haste, but not on the run so to speak.

Not saying we can't change the time table, I just went off of Prides "10:00 AST" and set it back a bit for the rest. Suppose it would be more drama if they were hanging out around each other for that time though?

omg, you're totally right. dang it. sorry about that. i know i read the whole time bit but then i forgot cause it was like one in the morning when i posted. i can change shit around if need be.

i am always one for more drama though....but that's just me.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2014, 08:22:16 pm »
I'll roll with whatever you guys want to do. I'll work something out either way, no worries.

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2014, 09:07:52 pm »
When I get a chance to, I'll send my reply to you Lightning. I have a feeling when she spots Jon/Orion she'll look for the next-biggest guy in the bar. Just because safety reasons...

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2014, 02:23:07 am »
Just wanted to check in with everyone.

Beau and I are working on a joint post and it looks like Pach and Lightening as well?

Pride, did you want Orion to be the dude that got bumped into, so he's prowling around? Or did you have something else you had in mind? Maybe there are two or three similar cafe/restaurants so he has to search for a bit? Or Maybe Georgia really is just that good at evasion. ^_^ That'd be good too.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2014, 03:25:03 am »
currently working on a joint post with pach. i'm just waiting on pach at the moment.

and i think intended/pride said it was okay that the dude that was bumped into to be Orion, unless we changed that, which i'm fine with, of course.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2014, 04:13:06 am »
At the moment, Orion is indeed the bumped upon man. I am open to any alternatives though. Whatever you guys think would be best for the story.

Once L and Pach have their post sorted out, I'll work on mine.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2014, 04:33:31 am »
No, I'm good with whatever was decided as long as everyone is happy.

I think having them all converge on one another is going to make for some interesting posts!

Yay! I'm glad that things are quite because stuff is going on behind the scenes and not for other reasons. =]

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2014, 04:46:58 am »
Sorry for the delay guys, I was at a family reunion this weekend. Lightning I'll get you my next response in a jiff!

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2014, 08:34:52 am »
Ahh! It was all worth the wait!

I love it!

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2014, 05:19:08 am »
Working on my post and this song came on -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8WLa6umgdw

I figure Mac actually looks a bit like the lead singer, so I've decided this is Andy's song.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2014, 05:38:11 am »
hahahaha! Beau I love it!!

Awww... Andy's not mean though... she's complicated and messed up and stoic and.... okay, she's pretty mean.

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2014, 06:00:48 am »
Love the song Beau, and I love that its about Andy :P The video is pretty cute too.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2014, 11:43:39 pm »
thought i should let y'all know i'll be out of town starting tomorrow for a wedding and i should be back monday. i will be without a computer but i can use my phone to check out basic stuff/pm if needed.

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2014, 05:09:56 am »
I'm gonna be gone next week too to a camp I work at. I'll try to have a post up before then if the order permits it! Hopefully I won't delay us too much.