Paragraphite

What the hell! Read 2579 times

Ryuujin

• I Am 1337 Yet? Guise?
    • View Profile
What the hell!
« on: May 29, 2014, 02:07:39 pm »
Hello.

Ryuujin from RPGC. Real name is Remy. I figure there are quite a few transplants here, so if you know me .. uh... good.

I'm excited to get some writing in. Smaller group here, but looks like you're all pretty active - which is huge for me.

P.S. - tried to register with Ryuujin but I never got a confirm email, so re-registered this UN with a different email. If an admin could see to correcting my username to Ryuujin, that'd be cool. If it wont be possible, I can stick with this.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
Re: What the hell!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 02:35:28 pm »
Super welcome! Is that Smaug on your avatar? I'm not a literary Tolkien fan yet, but I like any other sheep, love the movies!

What do you like to write, Ruy?

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 02:36:46 pm »
hello~

it's always fun to have more peeps but how on earth did you find us? also idk about name changes here, hopefully Mi or Ara will let you know what the go is on that front~

:birthdaycake: :bluetea: :choco:

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 02:37:37 pm »
*struts through welcome thread*

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 02:40:37 pm »
Hey Ryu and welcome! I deleted the unactivated Ryuujin account and switched your name so you should be good now. And is your real name really really Remy? Because that's an awfully great name!

If you have any questions, don't be shy!

Ryuujin

• I Am 1337 Yet? Guise?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 02:43:50 pm »
@Verse - I went on to photopin (free stock photos ftw) and typed in "badass dragon" and that avie is the first thing I got.

@Jill - Made some waves (with other players, not admins) with a blog post over at RPGC and Krystal Itzume shot me a PM with a link here telling me she agreed with my post. I figured a more active board would help me kill the dead times between threads there.

@beau - lawlz0rz

@Ara - Thank you! :)

And yes, my real name is really honestly Remy.

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 02:46:49 pm »
I didn't think the blog post too dramatic.  Don't sweat it.   We're big fans of drama here :)  Meaning we all swarm on the welcome threads and then to go back to our small corners and write.

This RP is just starting up - Verse's question about what you like to write is probably just reverse marketing.

http://www.paragraphite.com/index.php?topic=194.msg4687;boardseen#new

Also - random thought before coffee - name change and logging in - hopefully that's not going to be an issue for you.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:50:51 pm by Beau »

Ryuujin

• I Am 1337 Yet? Guise?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 02:50:38 pm »
I didn't even see that question!

I like to write Horror, Modern stuff, supernatural stuff heavy with symbolism (particularly christian) and judeo-christian roots. Some older/period stuff, some sci-fi space stuff (but not too much of either), I hate vampire/werewolf/paranormal romance shit -it's boring to me. I like western stuff.

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 02:53:42 pm »
You'll hopefully find what you want, here, then - even though there's only a few of us we pretty much have the spectrum covered in terms of what we like to write/read.

Also emoticons.

:unicorn: :pinktea: :mlprainbow: :mlprainbow: :crown:

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 04:18:36 pm »
Yo. I think we did a few battle arenas years ago, iirc. Welcome to the site.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 04:43:08 pm »
I would be one of the last to welcome you here, haha. Welcome aboard, Ryu, glad to see you got all the issues with e-mail sorted.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 06:57:55 am »
Howdy and welcome! I'm slow to the band wagon since I was out of town and away from the technologies for the most part.

Always nice to have more "faces" about and more writing to be done or enjoyed through reading. =]

Ariel

• Where she walks, no flowers bloom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 08:55:06 pm »
Welcome to the site! :)

Snorlax

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 08:32:14 pm »
@Jill - Made some waves (with other players, not admins) with a blog post over at RPGC and Krystal Itzume shot me a PM with a link here telling me she agreed with my post. I figured a more active board would help me kill the dead times between threads there.

I almost want to go back and check out what you said, but I made myself a promise never to return.

Welcome aboard and hello again.

Ryuujin

• I Am 1337 Yet? Guise?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 10:53:55 pm »
I said that the only reason people don't post is because they're lazy. If you're not posting because you can't find some sort of ambiguous, intangible, ephemeral "muse" then the problem isn't your creativity: It's your technical knowledge.

You just aren't a good writer.

A good writer understands how to write regardless of how they feel. I related it to my friend John who can write beautiful music despite lacking "inspiration" 90% of hte time because he's spent years studying music theory. He understands what makes music good, and he understand that writing good music doesn't have to come from a fleeting "feeling".

Anyway. I need to find a thread here to jump in to. Any recommendations?

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 10:32:39 pm »
As was pointed out, Verse has a thread out, there's an OOC thread titled Benign, but there's a link here provided by Beau. I think that's the only thread "open" and active right now, though I could be wrong.

I think most of us tend to plot with a few others on the board before putting anything up, or that's what I've seen. If you have ideas, you could put up a recruitment-type thread yourself, or start brainstorming with some of us via PMs and such.

Pach_Work

• prone to imagination spasms
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 09:58:15 pm »
Oh hey!

Sorry for the late welcome, but I'm glad you're here! Looking forward to seeing ya around.

MyDiorama

• Architect
  • tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 09:23:22 am »
I also want to say welcome! I'm mostly a lurker that hopes to be able to fix things when something on the site needs updating and such. ~
Welcome onboard! :flycat: