Paragraphite

video games. [hell yeah] Read 18422 times

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
Re: video games. [hell yeah]
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2015, 06:33:08 am »
double posting for important reasons.

omfg there's going to be a remake of FINAL FANTASY VII. WHAT IS AIR? OMG CAN'T BREATHE. DYING.

#stillnothavingtifaonmyteam

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2015, 12:02:39 am »
Yo, Tifa was a powerhouse - Final Heaven was second only to Omnislash in terms of OP Limit Breaks in that game iirc. Besides, have you seen Advent Children? Her fight scene in the church is easily one of the coolest fights ever.

I'm right there with you on the FFVII hype though. My only hope is that the game will be released before I die, because if the rate that KH3 is being worked on is any indication, we won't see a finished product for a long time.

Other E3 wonders? Fall Out 4, The Last Guardian, Dark Souls III (!!!!!!), Dishonored 2, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Halo 5, Star Wars Battlefront, No Man Sky. The next few years are going to be awesome.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2015, 02:19:05 am »
pshhhhhhh. yuffie all the way. i had aeris/aerith whatever up till i found out she DIED. i was so mad when that happened. all that leveling up for nothing. i just don't like tifa as a character. she rubbed middle school me the wrong way, and i've never gotten over it.

and yes, i've seen advent. tbh, it just made me love vincent more. he's so cool. pretty sure i play the game just for him, which makes me wonder what they're gonna do with his limit break since he turns into all those monster things. it'd be awesome if they revamped those with some kick ass graphics since they looked kind of silly in the game sometimes.

dudeee and the new DS. it looks AMAZING. and you can play all the old nintendo games on it like POKEMON FUCKING STADIUM. yep, dying again.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2015, 10:45:10 pm »
Did you ever play Dirge of Cerberus? It was totally unlike the typical Final Fantasies in that it's more of a third person shooter, but you play as Vincent going around being a badass for Reeve (Yuffie is Vincent's partner too, iirc). They really expanded on his transformations in that game, using those top of the line PS2 graphics that blew my mind when I was 13, haha.

Well, his Galian Beast and Chaos forms, at least. Really fun game though, I wish they would remake it too.

Funny you should mention the DS, I just recently started playing the Pokemon Trading Card game one on my old school one. I might get a new one for the new Fire Emblem game though - I loved Awakening and Fates looks pretty cool too.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2015, 12:58:36 am »
omg i didddddd. i don't remember it very much though. it was a blur of hauling ass through it because i was crazy obsessed with it. i should replay it after i beat the shit out of rayman for the ps1. my friends and i started playing it again and remembered why it was the dark souls of its time.

how can something so simple be so damn difficult?!

not just fire emblem but EVERYTHINGGGGG. i want it ALL.

oh and did i mention unraveled? like holy shit that game looks adorable and AMAZING.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2015, 08:11:01 am »
OKAY. small minor rant mixed in with nice things.

firstly, my boyfriend and i bought bloodborne and holy shit it's amazing. it is also HARD AS FUCK. i have died so many times i've lost count and there's this giant fat bastard with an axe that i hope burns for all eternity in a pit somewhere.

this game seems endless and i love and hate that. also, none of the buttons do what i want them to do and i suck at this game and oh my fucking god where the fuck are the save points in this virtual victorian england hell?

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2015, 10:37:50 pm »
ahhhh Lightning, you have no idea how glad I am that you're playing Bloodborne, lmao. God I love that game. If you ever need any help, just shoot me a message on PSN and we can co-op and junk. There's no voice chat, but the gestures are fun to use anyways and I've beaten that game about twelve times now (I have a problem), so it wouldn't be too difficult at all. Sounds like you're still near the beginning if the fatty with the axe is trolling you, so let me know as you progress through the bosses! Father Gascoigne especially, I can't wait to hear what you think about him, lmao.

Oh, and the save points are the lanterns! But there are tons of short cuts that cut back on the traveling as long as you explore enough and open them. The trip to the first boss is ungodly long unless you open the gate near the first lantern, after all.

As for me, I've been playing a lot of the new Metal Gear Solid, which I'm kinda iffy on - I can't tell if I like it or not, lol. And Dragon Age Inquisition just put out their final DLC, so I started it last night and I'll probably finish it today.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2015, 03:02:51 am »
twelve times? twelve fucking times?!

omfg how did you even. right now, i'm hoping the scythe thing doesn't break. its durability is low, and we haven't made any damn progress (because we suck). also, i know of these lanterns that you speak of, i just can't find a single goddamn one and then Frank (bless his heart) comes at me with his uneven arms and his long axe thing and decides it's a good idea to slash a friend in the back, repeatedly. not cool Frank, not cool.

but Frank i can forgive. his friend with the giant fork though, can go fuck himself.

oh and the dude banging at the door cause he's pissy he's missing the bonfire, yeah he can keep his damn key. i dun want it.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2015, 03:15:19 am »
lmfao, sounds like you're having a great time with Frank and co. If it helps at all, the dude banging on the door doesn't have a key - but if you try and skip him, there's a very good chance he'll sneak up behind you when you're fighting Frank's friends upstairs later. He's not too difficult to parry with your gun - shoot him right as he's swinging at you (not pulling back, have to shoot him just as he's coming at you) and then you can teach him some manners by shoving your fist through his chest.

You won't find another lantern though in that area - you're very close to a short cut though (and the first boss)! I don't want to spoil anything, but remember your first friend you met in the game and how you so rudely interrupted his dinner? When you meet his two friends on an area that looks like a bridge, look for a door that leads into a dark building on the right side of the bridge. Explore through there and you'll find a shortcut back to the first lantern that will let you skip the bonfire party entirely.

Snorlax

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2015, 06:26:49 pm »
Recently obtained a 3DS, I'm now (mostly) caught up on 6th Gen Pokemon.

Currently enjoying Mario & Luigi Dream Team and trying to figure out which game to go for next. There's a few I'm interested in but after that I'm not sure which I'll enjoy so I'm not so interested in forking over 40+ bucks for them.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2015, 02:04:52 pm »
I'm rarely cool enough to be up to date enough with video games, but I make exceptions for a few. One of those exceptions is Fallout 4. My level of hype right now is off the charts. I'm picking up my pre-order tonight, might make my character, but then I have to sleep for work. BAH!

So who else here is hyped and getting Fallout 4 soon?

Oh, and who is else is nabbing the Nuka-Cola Quantum stuff?! I totally am.

It's all over but the crying...

I literally bought the PS4 just for this game...

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2015, 06:38:47 pm »
I'm pretty hype for Fallout 4 too, even though I've actually never played any of the Fallout games. I love Bethesda and I love open world games, so I think it's going to be pretty fun.

What I'm really excited for though is the Bloodborne expansion coming out in a few weeks. The Old Hunters looks so badass, I can't wait. Krystal, once you've had your fill of Fallout 4 (lol, who are we kidding, these games can entertain for hundreds of hours) you should give Bloodborne a shot.

On the fence about grabbing Assassin's Creed: Syndicate and Black OPs III too. I hated Unity so I'm super wary on Ubisoft games and I haven't enjoyed a Call of Duty game since MW2, but both are getting some pretty good reviews.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2015, 03:12:51 am »
Bloodborne, Dark Souls II, Dark Souls I...they're all on the back burner >.> when I finish Fallout 4, I have to return to playing through the Devil May Cry series. I just started it a little bit ago. Got to #3. Then...well, Fallout xD. I don't give video games as much time as I should...

HOW COULD YOU NOT PLAY THE OTHER FALOUTS THOUGH?! Go play Fallout: New Vegas. Go join Caesar's Legion. Do it~ . I admit, I never played the first two Fallouts, but I did fall in love with 3 and New Vegas. I'm so looking forward to this game. All set up to pick it up at the Midnight party at Gamestop ^-^

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2015, 03:23:23 am »
Haha, honestly, the main reason I haven't played the or you'd ones is solely because I don't want to go back to old gen consoles. I think 4 will be a pretty solid starting point though - if it's good enough, chances are I'll go back and play 3 and New Vegas. Kinda like I did with Oblivion - I played Morrowind back in the day, then went straight to Skyrim, but loved Skyrim so much I ended up playing Oblivion too.

You should add me on PSN, Krystal! Then you'll see how often I play video games, lol. User name is Empty_Logic.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2015, 03:26:52 am »
I didn't do that with Skyrim, even though when I read the story of Oblivion, I liked it a lot better. Not sure why I haven't gone to get Oblivion yet.

I do highly recommend Fallout 3 and New Vegas, especially New Vegas, though I am 100% biased in my reasoning.

Oh, also, Witcher III is somewhere on my list though I haven't played the others...it just looked good. I might go back and play the others if it is good enough, haha.

I'll add ya, Pride. Then you can see how much I don't play video games (well...when the Fallout craze dies xD). My user name ought to be ridiculously obvious. First, apparently, the PS4 has to update itself.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2015, 05:16:52 pm »
So the Bloodborne DLC came out and it is sooo good, I loved it so much, haha. I beat it in less than 24 hours unfortunately, but still, I loved the new areas and especially the new bosses. There was a boss that actually made me think of you Krystal, the kind of character I can see you playing in an RP - here's a link for her boss fight, if you don't mind spoilers.

Bloodborne drew me away from Fallout, but now that I've beaten the DLC 100%, I'm back in it again. I don't know how far you are in the main plot so I don't want to spoil, but I'm enjoying it pretty well so far - are you using any companions? I've stuck solely with Dogmeat the entire game and I love him so much, haha. I'm level 56ish and I'm fairly sure I'm near the end of the game, since I'm at the point where all the factions are legit trying to destroy each other.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2015, 08:04:54 pm »
I will check that video out when I get home, Pride. I never mind spoilers.

Just by level, I know I am not as far as you. Some of us do RP :p

I like Valentine, but I don't use him since I am playing an evil (read: cannibal) campaign and that means Dogmeat. I did use Cait and Valentine for short moments. Hate Piper though. As a companion in a good campaign, I will probably use Valentine.

How do ya like the city building feature?

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2015, 08:21:51 pm »
Haha, fair enough.

Have you met Strong as a companion yet? He's one of the few legit evil companions I believe, totally cool with canabalisn and murdering innocents. He's at the top of this huge radio tower, real close to Diamond City. You'll hear the distress call on your radio if you're in the vicinity. You'd probably like Hancock too, in Goodneighbor. He's a ghoul and he's so awesome, definitely one of the best companions.

I spent a lot of time messing with building settlements at the beginning of the game - my first play through is always to test the waters and learn the mechanics/consequences of certain actions, so I tried a bunch of different things, like building a wall around Sanctuary to keep our enemies (which doesn't work FYI, they just spawn right inside) and electricity to separate homes and stuff. Pretty fun, but my next play through (a super strong fist fighter, one of my favorite types of combat) I'm just going to build myself a fortress at the Red Rocket and let the Minute Men plebs have Sanctuary. What did you think of it?

How far in are you, plot wise? What have you been enjoying so far?

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2015, 08:27:47 pm »
Plebs xD

I just found out about Shaun and where he's been. Knew he was older.

I do like Hancock but I haven't taken him on as a companion yet. Love his sense of humor, and Kleo. Good neighbor in general. Met Strong, I just dislike Super Mutants, I don't want a "stupid evil" companion. That makes us look bad.

I do like the plot and story overall, a fresh game, with so much more involved. I've been gushing to one of my friends every day I play it about all the new discoveries.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2015, 08:55:59 pm »
They're absolutely plebs of the highest (lowest?) degree, so god damn needy and constantly asking me to go handle their problems. I mean, are those ghouls half way across the map really bothering you that much that I need to go exterminate them?

Sounds like you're at the half-wait point for the story. I'm curious to hear what faction you end up siding with - my first guy is going with the Railroad, then my fist fighter is going with the Brotherhood (which holy crap they're so cool as an organization and I love the whole military badass vibe they've got going, but Elder Maxson is such an incompetent piece of shit, I can't wait to murder him and steal his fancy coat).

Strong's fascination with Shakespeare made me laugh, but yeah, he's pretty dumb. I'm still flip-flopping on using Cait or Danse as my companion for my fist fighter, but I'll probably choose Cait. She seems like she's the kinda character that would make me laugh a lot as I play through.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2015, 10:47:51 pm »
I adore Cait. I gave her a flamethrower and never looked back, haha. She doesn't kill me with grenades, either, UNLIKE A CERTAIN SYNTH.

I will probably go railroad in this campaign. There doesn't seem to be a decently evil option unless Institute is available. We will see, though!

Edit: Watched the video. Yeah...I can agree with your belief, Pride. Blood magic, two swords, fire, and a wicked coat? Oh yeah.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 01:10:31 am by Krystal Itzume »

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2015, 09:03:52 am »
sorry to interrupt the fallout 4 discussion, btw i've heard it's a great game~

because...the fucking gameplay video/trailer for the ffVII came out and i am literally screaming. it looks insane and i'm so excited and barret is fucking jet from cowboy bepop and omgggggggg.

i have never wanted anything more in my life.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2015, 09:15:46 am »
Wow, I'm so glad you told us they had a new trailer out L, I had no idea and my life is now better because of it. Just watched it myself (link for anyone else) and holy shit you weren't kidding, everything about it looks so good. My childhood is being revived and improved before my very eyes.

I am genuinely shocked they've already put out a gameplay trailer, I thought for sure that little teaser we had at E3 was going to be it for a long, long time. Dare I even hope that it might be ready as soon as 2017?

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2015, 11:11:06 am »
god, i hope so cause that would be AMAZING. i just... i love it so much. it's like seeing what kid me saw back when the graphics were cubes and i didn't give a shit because i thought that was amazing.

also, because fVII is getting a remake, the future newest addition to smash is going to be cloud!!!! this will slightly sedate me as i wait in anticipation for possibly the greatest thing everrrrr.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2015, 01:53:11 pm »
=_=

I'm glad you two will enjoy it. I think the trailer just settled it for me that I won't be buying it. They took away my combat system, curse them...gorgeous as it looks, I'll just watch the videos online, methinks, and replay the old version, but we'll see.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2015, 07:01:34 pm »
I'm a little surprised to hear that from you, Krystal - the combat system seems very reminiscent of Kingdom Hearts, with the active running around and the access to a fight/magic/summon/item menu. It even has a special gauge that's probably used for limit breaks, just like Sora had for his transformations in 2. What is it about turn based combat you prefer more, out of curiosity?

I honestly can't wait to see Yuffie and Vincent in this, I wonder if they'll still be totally optional characters people can skip or if they're going to bake them into the main plot a bit more. Oh my god, and Cid Highwind - he better still be cursing up a storm. I wonder who they got for all their voice actors?

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2015, 08:26:53 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I loved KH's system...for KH. The game requires little strategy, and I never felt like Donald and Goofy were main characters.

For FFXII, which I loved, and FFXIII, which I hate doing, I find the battle systems repulsive. I feel like I'm watching a movie. I want to take the time to control and strategize with ALL my characters, not one. I loved the battle system for the control and customization via materia. It was fantastic, my favorite, besides Tactics...and since battle is a huge part, seeing this change just...ugh. I knew it would happen and I am still upset.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2015, 07:50:16 am »
I honestly can't wait to see Yuffie and Vincent in this, I wonder if they'll still be totally optional characters people can skip or if they're going to bake them into the main plot a bit more. Oh my god, and Cid Highwind - he better still be cursing up a storm. I wonder who they got for all their voice actors?

i kind of hope they're still optional only because i remember a younger me struggling to get them to be on my team, especially Vincent. then again, i kind of hope they're not only cause i love Vincent and Yuffie is adorable and they could use the screen time.

they better keep Cloud dressing up and pretending to be a girl though, i NEED that to happen.

sorry the battle system isn't to your liking, Krystal, but I feel you. It's so hard to play through a game when it doesn't play the way you want it to. i'm talking about you KH whatever for the GBA, a card system, really? the fuck was that?!

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2015, 09:36:52 am »
just gonna leave this here...

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2016, 12:13:41 am »
Pokemon rerelease on the 3DS had me for awhile. Finally finished my life long goal of catching all 151 pokemon in one save file - I know it's a bit late (thanks for reminding me Krystal! /sob), but honestly, what's 18 years to an accomplishment like being the Pokemon Master?

Dark Souls 3 releases April. I'm so hype that there are no words to describe. Been avidly avoiding all spoilers to the game so I can go in completely fresh and get that masochistic high that only a Souls game can give on your first playthrough.

Legion in September. Persona 5 sometime this year, probably? Final Fantasy XV supposedly this year too. Lookin forward to them all.