Paragraphite

video games. [hell yeah] Read 18747 times

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
Re: video games. [hell yeah]
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 08:50:45 am »
shuweet. i'll add you asap.

yay, glad you like it. as for the privacy invasion stuff, there's some pretty weird ones and some funny ones too. there's one where all the hear is this guy's daughter going OMG DADDY YOU'RE SO PRETTY. and he's just like lol mommy won't like me looking pretty. and she just insists that the probably horrendous makeup job is totally gonna impress mommy. sadly, you never see them, only hear them talking. i also watched a dude talk to a mannequin on his couch like a real person and confess his love to her/it. that one was really strange.

lmao. i just run into them. i've learned not to care. if your car can take the beating, crash into em and push them out of the way. you could always take the train to lose people too. you just need to unlock the skill to hack trains. and, the more skills you unlock, the more ways there are to take out vehicles.

i love the hacking money thing. i never worry about spending money in that game. i've already bought all the clothes, most of the cars, and i'm working on owning all the guns.

as for bats, yeah, the new game is Arkham Knight. look up the trailer, it's kickass.

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 10:44:00 am »
i don't game, i like to watch other people do it, mostly.

i don't own a console apart from a PS2 hidden somewhere and a 3DS that i use for animal crossing and pokemans.  i do however like all the stuff that consoles are becoming capable of and i keep begging wintermute to buy a PS4 and then get the remastered version of The Last of Us because it looks amazing.

speaking of wintermute, he bought me a special edition of Limbo - i think i saw it when it first came out on tumblr or youtube and it looked absolutely beautiful.  it's a platformer, and i play it on the laptop but since i'm not that polished of a gamer the puzzles upset me. also the violent deaths, ugh.

this is limbo:

the dead island 2 trailer did make me laugh, Pride. i was too much of a wuss to play the first one past the hut things you find yourself in near the beginning. i don't like shock scares!

gta is amazing and y'all are broken.

also watchdogs and destiny is stupid and you're wrong Lightbutt.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 04:02:44 pm »
i also watched a dude talk to a mannequin on his couch like a real person and confess his love to her/it. that one was really strange.

Lmao, that one was one of my favorites. I've seen all 30 now, because I have this thing where I must complete all side missions available before progressing with the main questline. There were a lot of funny ones, though the biggest 'wtf' was probably the guy and girl in the hotel room smoking meth and getting off to playing Russian roulette.

I really enjoyed hacking the cToS towers, doing the whole AC/Batman stealth mechanic. There are a lot of funny/weird videos of people's homes in those server rooms too. I saw one though that was very Silent Hill-esque. Pretty disturbing. My only real criticism of the game so far is the lackluster graphics, though I haven't progressed the plot further than beating up the guy who was prank calling Aiden's sister.

Also, just watched the Arkham Knight trailer. Loved it. I'll be playing Arkham Origins after I complete Watchdogs in anticipation for it.

pink text and amusing gif

Haha, jump scares always get me too if it makes you feel any better.

I have a love/hate relationship with Limbo, in that it is a fantastic game but I am absolute crap at platformers. If you haven't already, you should see about playing Journey. I don't know if there is a PC port, but it is another really great indie platformer with a gorgeous art style. It's pretty short, maybe an hour and a half tops, but it's a great experience.

If you haven't played The Last of Us yet or had the story ruined for you, you absolutely should pick it up. It's probably my favorite game of 2013, made even better by the DLC with Ellie they released.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 04:16:10 pm by Pride »

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 08:16:30 pm »
also watchdogs and destiny is stupid and you're wrong Lightbutt.

and you're rude. go away. also, i'm like halfway done with the last of us and have been for the past like year or so. i'm probably never going to finish it. zombies stress me out yo.

as for the graphics, pride, there's been some posts on reddit about how to get the graphics similar to the level displayed at E3 last year. sadly, it's for the pc version, but i saw some pics online and it looked fantastic. i like to think that the ps4 would look better but i know it doesn't really. unless my boyfriend's tv sucks, which is probable. however, the upgrade is still only from 720 to 1080. and while that's a jump, it isn't a huge one. ah well. the game still got my dad to go "is that real people or is that the video game stuff?" silly old people.

hell yeahhhhhhh batmannnnn. you should totally play deathstroke in Origins btw. he's so badass.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2014, 04:31:08 am »
Well, just beat Watch Dogs. While the graphics were disappointing and the plot was eh, I really loved the gameplay. Aiden's personality was kind of boring, but all of the secondary characters like Clara and T-Bone were fantastic. Defalt is one of the most amusing villains I've seen in awhile.

Was it just me or did there seem to be some pretty heavy undertones of Lannister level incest between Aiden and his sister? It almost seemed like the writers intended Aiden to be an estranged husband originally and changed him to be an uncle last minute.

Silentslash

• The sky has fallen and I bare it's weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2014, 08:44:19 pm »
Consoles I currently own are sadly just an Xbox 360. My PC busted up a few months back and I'm not bothered to get a new one yet and all these Steam sales! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR anyways, I still have fun my with xbawks.

- Dark Souls 2 which is very fun game if you like a challenge and a game that kicks your ass left and right. Dark Souls is also a good one, very tough and merciless. It's not necessary to play the first to understand the second but oh boy does it help if you've never played a game like this.

- The Witcher 2. Terrific RPG, the next installment is another reason I will need a next gen console.

- Fallout 3 & New Vegas - Who doesn't like open world post-apocalyptic RPGs?

- Left 4 Dead & 2 - Probably one of the few games I play online competitively.

- Battlefield 4 - Nothing raises my blood pressure past extremes than this game yet I still play it!

GTA IV, Red Dead, Saints Row 3 and Dead Rising 2 is pretty much my fall back games if the ones mentioned above bore me.

I'm considering a Wii U for the new Smash Bros, MK8, the new Zelda, and a few other exclusives. I might defect to PS4 as well because the Xbox One is just not appealing to me at all.

Games I want to play are Watch Dogs, GTA V, MGS Phantom Pain, The Witcher 3, Arkham Origins and that new Mortal Kombat that I hope won't be a disaster.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2014, 09:00:10 pm »
Well, just beat Watch Dogs. While the graphics were disappointing and the plot was eh, I really loved the gameplay. Aiden's personality was kind of boring, but all of the secondary characters like Clara and T-Bone were fantastic. Defalt is one of the most amusing villains I've seen in awhile.

Was it just me or did there seem to be some pretty heavy undertones of Lannister level incest between Aiden and his sister? It almost seemed like the writers intended Aiden to be an estranged husband originally and changed him to be an uncle last minute.

god, i must be the slowest game player ever. i still haven't beaten the game yet. i'm like, just on act III. i do fuck around a lot though. i get easily distracted.

and yeah, they do seem pretty close. although, i totally wanted Aiden to get it on with Clara. then again, that'd prolly be too much like Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, who Clara totally reminds me of.

and silent, i've heard mortal combat is gonna have several new characters, which i'm unsure if that's a bad or good thing.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 09:32:27 pm »
Dark Souls 2 which is very fun game if you like a challenge and a game that kicks your ass left and right. Dark Souls is also a good one, very tough and merciless. It's not necessary to play the first to understand the second but oh boy does it help if you've never played a game like this.

Yo, sunbro. \[T]/ Did you hear about the dlc that's coming to Dark Souls II soon? I'm so excited, I can't even

god, i must be the slowest game player ever. i still haven't beaten the game yet. i'm like, just on act III. i do fuck around a lot though. i get easily distracted.

Nah, I just have a bad habit of blitzing the shit out of games I enjoy. I do the same thing with shows, anime, manga, books, etc, lol. 120% full steam ahead, then boredom until I find something else to occupy me.

Currently playing Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World. It's a sequel to the first jrpg I even played (and thoroughly enjoyed), but this one is a pretty big disappointment. It's more like a mixture of pokemon with the Tales battle system than anything else. Honestly, the last three Tales games I've played have all been let downs. I really wish they'd make them more likes Tales of the Abyss and the original Tales of Symphonia.

Don't know what I'll play once I beat this. I downloaded State of Decay on my 360 months ago and never played it, I might give that a shot.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2014, 11:12:11 am »
Nah, I just have a bad habit of blitzing the shit out of games I enjoy. I do the same thing with shows, anime, manga, books, etc, lol. 120% full steam ahead, then boredom until I find something else to occupy me.

you crazy, son.

anyways, holy shit, playstation plus lets you play destiny betaaaaaaaa. i gave them my $10 for a month sooooo fast haha. the game's fun though. i called up a few friends and we played on a team together. my periwinkle robot is a mean son of a bitch who kicks some ass with his throwing knives and fire grenade thingies.

the game is hella fun even if the beta thing is super repetitive.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2014, 03:53:40 am »
Minecraft on PS4?

Minecraft on PS4.

Snorlax

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2014, 07:07:01 pm »
Currently replaying Saints Row 3 for something to do while waiting to give Sims 4 a shot.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2014, 05:30:33 pm »
It's about that time of year again when all of the biggest releases are coming. Figured others might be as interested or excited about them as I am.

There are a lot of games I'm looking forward to playing in the next couple of months: Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4,  Dragon Age: Inquisition (!!!), the Halo: Master Chief Collection. Early next year is looking pretty sweet too, what with Bloodbourne, The Witcher III, and Evolve all slated for February around my birthday. Been seeing a lot of rumors that we'll be seeing a Persona 5 as well, which would be fantastic. Many are saying FFXV won't be released until Spring 2016, but it looks like FF Type-Zero is getting an HD release in March 2015, so hopefully that can tide me over.

For the past week I've been playing Lords of the Fallen, a really fun game with way too many glitches. Those who are avid fans of the Souls series like I am will probably enjoy it. Also spent a lot of hours replaying Persona 4 once I heard Persona 5 was coming out and had a lot of fun with it. I really enjoy Atlus games, especially the Persona series.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2014, 12:13:40 am »
i've never played any of the persona games, but i kind of want to. they look pretty~

i kind of want the new assassin's creed, slightly because the outfits look cool and more so because i saw this gif on tumblr where they showed the whole lot of them with backstreet boys lyrics.

in not console news, the DS HAS A FUCKING SUPER SMASH BROTHERS GAME. lets ignore the fact that i'm too poor/busy to get it and the new pokemanz. oh yeah, there's zelda too~

christmas srsly can't come soon enough.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2014, 01:54:33 am »
I need game suggestions.

I need a game, preferably for PC so I can play it while I'm stuck on campus, that is similar to Dragon Warriors III and Final Fantasy Tactics. In particular, I like the character customization aspect so far as classes and such, and all the min/maxing.

So...before I break down and buy Rome Total War II: Emperor Addition, what game should I really be looking at to satisfy my inner perfectionist, gamers of Para?

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2014, 03:49:21 am »
If you haven't played it Krystal, Dragon Age: Origins is absolutely awesome. I can't recommend it enough. It has everything you want, and if you play it on harder difficulties, then tactical playing is an absolute must. There are three main classes (rogue, warrior, Mage) but each has 6 different specializations so you can customize and min-max to the fullest. There are 6 different origin stories for your character (3 races, 2 different start points with each) and you can customize their looks. The character relationships are really flushed out (and vary on your dialogue choices with them, there are times when you may actually have to fight and kill long time companions if you make a choice that is really against their ethics). The story is full of important decisions you have to make that will drastically affect the outcome of the game.

Did I mention you kill high dragons? Because you kill high dragons. And it's awesome.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2014, 10:10:37 pm »
Haha, Dragon Age is the sort of game I think I'd get for a console. I'm not sure it'd be feasible to play it on a laptop >.> I don't think my poor thing could handle that game. That, or I'd go insane using the touch pad. I will put it higher up on my list of games to get for the console, though ^-^

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2014, 10:56:42 pm »
I played DA: Origins on my crappy laptop back in 2009, no sweat. But using a touch pad would definitely drive me insane, so I can understand that.

If you wanted something more turn based and old school like Dragon Warrior and don't mind using ROMs, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross may be more up your alley. The Persona games are similar, though are an even mix between dungeon crawling and a high school simulator. Legend of the Dragoon is a solid RPG as well. If you wanted something more tactical, maybe take a look for a ROM of Valkyria Chronicles? It's similar to Fire Emblem (another great series you might like) in that if your allies die in battle, they die for good for the rest of the game. It's much more fantasy-military than fantasy-magic though.

Also, L: The new Assassin's Creed was meh. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't spectacular or anything. And the co-op gets really repetitive, really fast. I wish they had kept in the competitive multi-player.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:01:37 pm by Pride »

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2014, 09:56:25 pm »
Also, L: The new Assassin's Creed was meh. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't spectacular or anything. And the co-op gets really repetitive, really fast. I wish they had kept in the competitive multi-player.

disappoint. ):

i'll probably just play Destiny over the holidays then. and POKEMANZ. oh and super smash (c'mon santa let's make this happen).

my character for Destiny is at a disappointing level 9 and all my friends are like 25 or something. i haven't even finished the storyline that's not so much a story line as a what, that was it?

if there's anything i've learned from Destiny so far it's that it would be awesome to cosplay it. those costumes on tv look soooooo cool.

oh yeah, i forgot to add, there's BORDERLANDS THE PREQUEL. i want that too. gonna play the annoying robot and kick some asssssss.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 09:57:49 pm by Lightning »

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2014, 03:18:16 pm »
I'm pretty much in the same spot Destiny wise, L. I have a titan and a hunter to about level nine, but the entire lack of plot in the game really turned me off to it. I mean, I wasn't expecting the most epic story line ever conceived, but at least something - anything really - would have been nice. The closest thing to plot I've seen was the head honcho at the home base saying something along the lines of  'I could tell you why this happens. I could tell you how this works. I could tell you what your motivation for going forward is. But I'm not going to do any of that.'

Tales of the Borderlands just came out recently I think too, another Telltale games in the vein of the incredibly popular Walking Dead series with Clementine. And another Telltale game based on Game of Thrones comes out in December. I've never played any of that company's games myself, but I've heard nothing but good things about them. I might pick up the Game of Thrones one.

I am still playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. Man, this game is so good. They took all the best things from Origins and all the best things from Dragon Age II, combined them with some Skyrim like huge open exploration areas, and has Mass Effect level interesting companions who you can't bully into loving you by buying them copious amounts of gifts like in the previous Dragon Ages. This is the first game I've faced that has legitimately tough decisions to make and doesn't have Bioware's classic secret-third-best-of-both-worlds option that almost all their other games offer for those rough pivotal moments. If anyone is on the fence about this, I cannot recommend it enough.

Also, I've heard Far Cry 4 is an improvement on the great game that was Far Cry 3 in every point except plot, which is a bit disappointing. I have a had time believing any villain can compare to the masterpiece that was Vaas, but I might pick it up and see for myself after I've exhausted myself on Dragon Age.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2014, 07:50:35 am »
ughhhh why does Destiny have to look so cool and be so frustrating?

oh, i've seen pics of tales of borderlands. i want it mainly cause the characters are awesome and the game is just fucking hilarious. my favorite is the assassin, zer0, he talks in haiku. it's fantastic. man, i want too many things haha.

hmmmm, i'm on the fence about dragon age mainly cause i think whitley really likes it and final fantasy has made me think all characters need to look that pretty. also, i'd probably go crazy trying to make my favorite (if i find one) like my character to the point of possible insanity.

solution, make the boyfriend get it. he should stop playing LoL or whatever anyway.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2014, 07:44:17 am »
double post yayyyy.

so, i started playing dragon age: inquisition, and i've realized i have a problem. i've made three characters already and i'm tempted to make a fourth. it's so just so much fun making them, and i can't decide who i'm committing to just that one of them better get cassandra cause she is awesomeeeee.

yeah, i'm probably making a fourth character. elves ftw.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2014, 11:14:19 pm »
I know that feel, yo. I started three different characters before I settled on my first one through. I'm done with DA: I for now, but when I pick it up again I already know exactly what my warrior character is going to look like. Smashing!

Beat Shadows of the Colossus. Was meh, liked how it ended though. About to start up Far Cry 4. I doubt any villain can match Vaas in Far Cry 3, but here's to hoping.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:15:51 pm by Pride »

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2014, 01:02:12 am »
i like my first one, but his face is wonky sometimes during the cut scenes and it drives me CRAZY. so i'm fixing him as my fourth one. i learned not to touch the cheekbones and jawline unless i really know what i'm doing with that, which i don't.

also, the voice samples suck and do neither voice justice. but i do love that the hair for both men and women is basically the same if not for a few differences.

and hahahahahaha. i thought of making one of the elves legolas, but then i realized i doubted i would be the first to do that.

i've never played any of the far cry games, not sure if they're my cup of tea. as for shadows, i think journey or something (i forget its exact name) is a better game. i like the little character you play.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2015, 03:03:53 am »
Bloodborne finally releases in 26 hours.

Not that I'm keeping a countdown or anything.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2015, 08:40:03 am »

i want it solely because of that fucking gif. it looks SO COOL.

ugh, why don't i have a ps4.

please let me know if it's any good so i can convince boyfriend to buy it and let me be better than him at it.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2015, 03:26:52 pm »
please let me know if it's any good so i can convince boyfriend to buy it and let me be better than him at it.

...I'm having a really difficult time finding the words to express to you how amazing this game is. I was up until 3 am last night playing it (with work at 7, lol) and all I'm doing at work is thinking about going home to play it some more, lol. Mini rant here, forgive me - I'm so excited about playing this game more, haha.

The atmosphere they've made in this game is so fucking cool, the bloody Victorian England gripped in a single night of madness they call The Hunt. This game is wayyyy more Demon's Souls than Dark Souls and that's a really good thing imo - the combat system is a thousand times more fluid too now that they've taken away clunky shields and improved upon evasion. The storyline is subtle, but it's absolutely there and the whole idea of the 'Hunt' is really awesome to live in. The Hunter's Dream (your base of operations, basically) and the Doll (hard to explain who she is, in every Souls game you get a female companion who levels you up and provides 'support' in an indirect way) are such cool mediums to tell the story through.

Have I talked about the combat yet? Fucking. Brutal. Not in an over the top, dumb way, just very visceral and real - you feel like you're actually fighting werewolves and monsters and crazy people. The health regen mechanic is super awesome too, rewarding riskier play for higher rewards in a way none of the previous games did. They turned the Souls series on its head with this one in the best possible way. If you intend to play, I strongly suggest you get used to backstepping and rolling like a boss - thank god that's exactly how I played every Souls game so far, so I'm not having too difficult a time yet. That said, I stopped after I killed the second boss last night (WHO IS FUCKING AWESOME BY THE WAY) so I have really high hopes that I haven't hit the real difficulty yet.

And oh man, that feeling when you first extend your trick weapon is just...wow. I don't normally talk to myself when I play games (unless I make a mistake or die, in which case I berate myself endlessly) but watching the animation of the hunter's axe turning into the 2-handed executioners axe for the first time brought an instinctive 'Holy fuck' to my lips, haha. It's so badass. And your gun? You parry motherfuckers with it. That werewolf about to slice you into ribbons? Time your shot like a boss, put a bullet in his head, and watch him reel. And while he's stunned, walk up and tap the attack button to do a brutal riposte animation where you basically shove your weapon through their face. It's awesome, haha.

That said, the weapon in that gif (which is really cool) is the cleaver. I used the axe like I said (starter weapons are a sword-whip cane, cleaver saw, and hunter-executioner axe), but I plan on trying out the other weapons later.

Bloodborne is everything I was hoping for and more. You should absolutely grab it if you can! We can co-op if you ever need help with stuff thanks to their new 'Watchword' system.

Can you tell I'm excited yet? I can't wait to get home and play it some more, haha.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:51:40 pm by Pride »

Jill the Ripper

• pause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2015, 06:38:54 pm »
daily reminder that you guys are dorks, as if you would play vidya, 0/10.

go outside and hug a tree plebbitors.

:jill:

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2015, 08:20:07 am »
stfu, jill.

and omg, pride, i soooooo want this game even more now. boyfriend has agreed to buy it too, which is excellente. unfortunately, i won't get to play it till this summer because i have stupid law school things. i'm also super tempted to just buy a ps4 for myself as i just found out i can probably afford it, but my grades will probably suffer so....

it just needs to be summer already, srsly.

on another note, people have been kicking up a huge fuss over FFXV because there's supposedly no playable/main female characters in it. i took a look at it and was just like oh there's that dude that was supposed to come out in the FF series like a million years ago and still doesn't have a game yet. still, the reviews sound pretty promising and the game is supposed to be really pretty, so i'm possibly down for playing it for a ridiculous amount of time since all FF storylines take forever for me for some reason.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2015, 02:58:09 pm »
Haha, I completely understand. I've pretty much 100% complete Bloodborne at this point, but I'm still making new characters and having fun with all the different weapons. I really enjoy this game.

Did someone say FFXV? Because this video is the reason why I'm so excited for it.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2015, 09:52:22 pm »
that video was pretty freakin' sweet. i didn't know you could summon in that game~ not that i've ever done much summoning in games where you can though. i think the most i ever did was FFX, and that was because i think they kind of made you do it. although, i loved summoning the fuck out of stitch in KH and mushu, he was fun to summon too.