News: 
Paragraphite

video games. [hell yeah] Read 18768 times

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
video games. [hell yeah]
« on: April 15, 2014, 09:54:30 am »
i noticed a distinct lack of video game related conversations going on and i need to get more of my nerd on.

so yeah, mention anything you've been playing, have played, loved, hated, want to play, etc. except candy crush. leave that on your phone, don't bring it here. ew.

and with that out of the way...

i've been playing my pokemanz y as of late. i'm poorly attempting to complete my pokedex while realizing there's some more storyline stuff that happens after you become champion and so on. btw if anyone has this game WE SHOULD TOTALLY BE FRIENDS. /creep

i'm also addicted to red dead redemption. that game is so kickass. except for the sneak cougar attacks. fuck those.

and has anyone seen the game play trailer things for watchdogs for the ps4? IWANTTHATGAMESOBAD.

dark paradise.

• put ur love all over me
    • View Profile
Re: video games. [hell yeah]
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 03:04:50 pm »
i need to play pokemon, i'm still on the first white version. ;c

i beat dragon age: origins, and i've been trying to play dragon age 2 before inquisition comes out, which i'm really excited for.
and omg, i haven't played red dead redemption in forever, and i should because i'm still really curious as to what caused the zombie outbreak on the dlc.

by the time i beat dragon age 2, i'll probably replay both star wars: knights of the old republic and kotor 2, then the mass effect series again. i just need to find the time. /sobs

:catstomp:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:07:37 pm by dark paradise. »

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 06:05:42 pm »
I have Red Dead downloaded on my 360 from when it was on sale for like 10 bucks, but I never got around to playing it. I've heard only good things about it though. If you guys recommend it so strongly, maybe I should dust it off and give it a whirl.

I see you're a fellow Bioware lover, dark. /high five! Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and especially the KOTORs have been long time favorites. I also can't wait for Inquisition.

I haven't played pokemon in over a decade, lol. I know there was a lot of excitement about the different evolution paths they have in x and y. Is it worth it for an old hand who hasn't really played in earnest since the days of red/blue? Unless Pokemon Stadium counts. I played the shit out of Pokemon Stadium.

My biggest obsession in the last month has been Dark Souls II. 250 hours and a platinum trophy later, I've moved on to the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remaster. I'm loving playing through X again as it was my favorite of the final fantasies (tragic love story ftw) but I probably won't touch X-2. I hated that dressup nonsense. X was really the last good final fantasy game, imo.

Also played a bit of Kingdom Hearts 1.5. Watched all the cutscenes for 358/2 days or whatever, that game they never made a port for on an actual console. I am beyond excited for a KH3. I will likely buy a ps4 solely to play it.

Still have zero reason to buy an xbox one though.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 07:34:22 pm »
Excited about mgs! Oh I love snake so much! I loved him when he was young! remember when snake was young and then not himself but actually the original him who also eventually wore an eyepatch oh the symmetry everything connects hideo!

Serial. ps4 is a must buy. As it looks now I might end up buying it for my cousin in a wedding gift before I buy it for myself.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 11:24:27 pm »
I'll end up buying a PS4 one day. My brother has been talking about FFX since he started replaying it. Ugh. I want to play it again, but I only have time for one game presently and that is Dante's Inferno. I'm writing a paper on it, though, so that's why I have "time" for it.

It is the only game that has made my brother walk out of a room and claim "they can't do that", but other than that, Dante's Inferno is a simple hack-and-slash that satisfies my rage because it lets me kill Marc Antony and Cleopatra. Just a shame I couldn't "save" Judas. Or Brutus. I would.

---

Otherwise, I'm a pretty big fan of Fallout and Resident Evil. Also, Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts...once.  I don't think I will be picking up any game made by Squeenix ever again. That's a topic I won't get in to here, though.

Um...Pokemon. Yes. I played that last summer. Usually ends up a summer thing. I know nothing about X and Y, but I do want them.

Oh! And I have been playing Civilization 5 and trying to get Alexander to work with me. I'm so much better as Augustus where I just make everything Rome xD playing that way as Alexander doesn't seem to work so well.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:26:26 pm by Krystal Itzume »

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 11:29:42 pm »
i need to play pokemon, i'm still on the first white version. ;c

i beat dragon age: origins, and i've been trying to play dragon age 2 before inquisition comes out, which i'm really excited for.
and omg, i haven't played red dead redemption in forever, and i should because i'm still really curious as to what caused the zombie outbreak on the dlc.

by the time i beat dragon age 2, i'll probably replay both star wars: knights of the old republic and kotor 2, then the mass effect series again. i just need to find the time. /sobs

:catstomp:

lmao. i never played the white version. i went from fire red and made the major jump to pokemon y. i was like holy shit was is this omg i can pick clothessssss. on that note, pride, you should totally get pokemon x or y. i was one of the old timers and i definitely don't regret it. there is so much new shit to do and it's awesome. some of the new pokemon are a bit stupid though. THERE'S ONE THAT'S AN ICE CREAM. i named mine vanilla ice. it's a shame there's no ice ice baby attack.

AND OMG PLAY RED DEAD LIKE RIGHT NOW. i've got a major crush on the main even if everyone in that game is kind of butt ugly. he's just too cool.

and dudeeeeeee KH3!!!!!! i want it so bad. totally getting a ps4 for that and watchdogs and possibly destiny because it looks pretty.

verse, i have the hd set of mgs games although i have yet to play them. i've heard good things though~

dark paradise.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 04:18:16 pm »
I see you're a fellow Bioware lover, dark. /high five! Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and especially the KOTORs have been long time favorites. I also can't wait for Inquisition.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas! have a lot/hate relationship going on with them, but for the most part i ~love bioware~

lmao. i never played the white version. i went from fire red and made the major jump to pokemon y. i was like holy shit was is this omg i can pick clothessssss. on that note, pride, you should totally get pokemon x or y. i was one of the old timers and i definitely don't regret it. there is so much new shit to do and it's awesome. some of the new pokemon are a bit stupid though. THERE'S ONE THAT'S AN ICE CREAM. i named mine vanilla ice. it's a shame there's no ice ice baby attack.

i was trying to beat every game before pokemon x/y came out, i got up to white... i'll pick it back up eventually. but yeah, some of the newer pokemon are silly. i don't like the garbage one, trubbish. like why.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 09:39:52 am »
i was trying to beat every game before pokemon x/y came out, i got up to white... i'll pick it back up eventually. but yeah, some of the newer pokemon are silly. i don't like the garbage one, trubbish. like why.

i seriously think they just ran out of shit to make pokemon out of. i mean, there's one that's a freakin' sword too. and then, some of these legendaries....i just can't make sense of them. i do really love that pokemon amie thingy though. I GET TO PET ALL MY POKEMANZ AND GIVE THEM CUPCAKES HELL YEAH.

on another note, i started up borderlands 2 again for what's prolly the billionth time. that game is just too awesome though, and i really like playing co-op through the whole story line~

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 06:52:36 pm »
I don't think I will be picking up any game made by Squeenix ever again. That's a topic I won't get in to here, though.

Well now you've made me curious. I love the KH games, and though some of their depictions of the FF characters are not particularly good (I didn't think it was possible for Cloud to get any more emo than he was in VII, but I was very wrong), I didn't find anything too terrible.

Just started playing GTAV Online again now that it looks like Heists are in the relative future. Trying to save up some cash so I can buy all the nice, shiny things that will come out with that update. /vanityalldayeveryday

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 07:05:55 pm »
The new Pokemon are sort of...strange. Though, I've been thinking that since Ruby. They're either strange, or just an addition to the number of "useless" Pokemon you catch and store in the boxes, never to be heard from again.

Have they made a Pen or Paper pokemon yet? xD

~*

To answer Pride: It was a culmination of FFVII Crisis Core, the continuing saga of Kingdom Hearts, and the existence of FFXIII and its sequels.

The tl;dr version of what follows: they fucked up the stories as I understood them and I hate that and they made a movie into a game.

In brief and with spoilers: FFVII Crisis Core ruins FFVII by inserting the character of Genesis into the Nibelheim reactor scene. I was cool with Genesis existing, I was cool with the idea of prior experiments to Sephiroth, but that scene fucked it all up. No. Cloud would have remembered that. If Genesis was *this* big of a character, if he was the one who, more or less, *drove* Sephiroth down his path, then there should have been something in FFVII. I do not approve of them messing up that scene by taking advantage of a “black out” in the original game, and thus destroying the entire story of FFVII for profit.

For Kingdom Hearts: At the beginning, Tetsuya announced there would just be up to Kingdom Hearts 2. Now, I know things change, and I would have been fine with it were it not for Xion of the Organization, The Undying Xehanort, and the Keyblade School.

Mostly, the Keyblade School, because it takes away the idea that the “keyblade chooses the master”, and also, I think Leon would have known about this. Then, apparently, if you kill someone completely, it revives them, a~la Xehanort? Or that’s what I gathered—kill his Heartless, kill his Nobody, and it restores him to ‘big bad’ status.

FFXIII: I know Final Fantasy is a game with set endings, but this game was, as VG Cats put it best, a 30-40 hour walk down a long dark hallway. No NPCs to interact with. No shops, no exploration, just walking down a long, dark hallway. No delusion of freedom. I hated it. I beat it, but I hated it. I kept hoping it would get better, but it didn’t. That was the game where I swore off Squeenix entirely, because it was a “new” Final Fantasy and not a “sequel”, I was deluded into thinking it would be worthwhile. It wasn’t. It was more a movie than a game.

/rant.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:38:43 pm by Krystal Itzume »

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 08:33:12 pm »
/rant.

Haha, fair enough. I agree with you that KH's storyline has become needlessly twisted and the recent ffs have been lacking (like I said, FFX was the last good Final Fantasy). A lot of the KH plot seems entirely pointless, as if they were just making things up as they went along so that they could keep pushing the handheld games. That said, I really loved the two actual console games. I can understand why Tetsuya would have wanted it to end there.

Genesis was definitely a pretty heavy handed retcon, but I wouldn't say that it ruined the FFVII storyline. All it really did was substitute Sephiroth losing his mind over seeing the Jenova test subjects and coming to his own conclusions after reading the reports with Genesis flat out telling him that he's a monster born from Jenova. Genesis was gone even before Cloud arrived, iirc. I personally love Genesis' character - the obsession with LOVELESS was a fantastic idea, imo - and his malicious involvement felt more realistic to me than the calm and disciplined Sephiroth having a mental breakdown all on his own.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:37:56 pm by Pride »

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 08:51:34 pm »
I definitely loved the character of Genesis as a character. I especially loved LOVELESS, and if I weren't upset with Squeenix, I'd actually love a game and/or movie based off the story of LOVELESS itself!

I just hated what Genesis did, and what he and the continuing saga of Squeenix stuff has come to mean to me. It might have been that Cloud stepped out (I beat it and then never touched it again) but then that's even more of an abuse of the black-out scene. And then the extra boss Minerva and all that stuff...it could have been done well, and as a concept, I love it. I love the extra experiments. I had high hopes from Dirge of Cerberus's secret ending. This was just too much of a suspension of disbelief, for me at least.

I actually enjoyed FFXII, but my brother shares your opinion that FFX was the last good one. I didn't care for the combat system of FFXII, but I still had fun with it.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 05:52:19 pm »
I definitely loved the character of Genesis as a character. I especially loved LOVELESS, and if I weren't upset with Squeenix, I'd actually love a game and/or movie based off the story of LOVELESS itself!

That would be awesome, no doubt. Did you know the original LOVELESS was based off some Irish band's album the developers of FFVII loved listening to while they made the game?

On the Pokemon note, I just discovered that I can download a GBA emulator on my iPhone or iPad. Down the rabbit hole I go! For those interested: click.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 10:02:51 am »
On the Pokemon note, I just discovered that I can download a GBA emulator on my iPhone or iPad. Down the rabbit hole I go! For those interested: click.

you kids with your iphones and ipads. get off of my lawn.

i don't have an ipad nor an iphone soooo.... thank god i'm a loser that still has a GBA. i should play the silver version again. that one is badass.

on the ff note, i played FFXII for like, an hour. killed bunnies or something. i hated the battle system so much so i don't remember it at all. would only play it again for sky pirates and rabbit people.

as for FFXIII, i've owned it for years and i've never put the damn thing in the playstation. squareblahblah has kind of died for me as well. they've gotten utterly ridiculous. i've only touched one of their KH games for the handheld and i HATED it. that keycard bullshit system? ew, gross. i pretty much chucked it from then on. mainly storyline plz. DON'T FUCK IT UP SQUAREBLAHBLAH. just let me have stitch on my team and we're solid. forget that bullshit summon stuff, i never use it anyway.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2014, 02:04:38 am »
since we're on games in here.

Robot unicorn attack

It is an awesome online flash game. I feel like this is what being high looks like. Also, the music is great. I can play forever. If you're stressed out, this works.

Snorlax

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 06:21:49 pm »

This was me when Black and White originally came out. I bought White, beat the first three gyms and just lost all interest in the game. I'd played each generation from start to finish but with the fifth gen it was hard to like. I think it was their attempt to basically start over that did it. Throwing you into a new region isn't new, but giving you no old Pokemon to use until the post-game(or through the Dream World) seemed to hurt the effort more than anything, especially when you saw some of those new Pokemon. I hate Snorlax's pre-evolution, Munchlax(From gen 4, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum for those that skipped them) and always called it the Trashcan Pokemon, but then they came out with a literal Trash Pokemon.

Even though you're trying to beat each game, I'd honestly say skip White and pick Black or White 2 to beat instead. They did a pretty good job with the sequel games, old Pokemon "suddenly appearing" to be native to the region, well done story continuation from the previous games. I found it a lot easier to build a team in White 2, even filling it largely with gen 5 Pokemon I came to like.

I'd love to play X or Y, but I don't have and can't afford a 3DS, maybe I'll get lucky by the time they come out with XY2 or Pokemon Z.

I recently just completed Lego Marvel Superheroes, I'm a sucker for the Lego games.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 03:27:32 am »
since we're on games in here.

Robot unicorn attack

It is an awesome online flash game. I feel like this is what being high looks like. Also, the music is great. I can play forever. If you're stressed out, this works.

um. hell yeah. i have the second one on my phone. totally kick ass for killing time and shit. it's also simple enough that kids can play it so they'll stop annoying me.

snorlax, i recently bought black 2. it's fun, although some of the shit is a little weird. THERE'S A FOOTBALL STADIUM WTF. i've only beaten three gyms so far and working on getting the fourth one. i also need to find a fire stone. I NEED MY ARCANINE. i'm so lost on the plot line though, not that it matters i suppose. i also hate the main's hair, both for the boy and girl. pokemon y has spoiled me.

also, there's totally going to be a pokemon z, i can feel it. it's going to have that ugly zygoteorwhateverthefuckit'scalled on the cover and it's going to be emerald all over again.

Snorlax

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 06:38:39 pm »
snorlax, i recently bought black 2. it's fun, although some of the shit is a little weird. THERE'S A FOOTBALL STADIUM WTF. i've only beaten three gyms so far and working on getting the fourth one. i also need to find a fire stone. I NEED MY ARCANINE. i'm so lost on the plot line though, not that it matters i suppose. i also hate the main's hair, both for the boy and girl. pokemon y has spoiled me.

also, there's totally going to be a pokemon z, i can feel it. it's going to have that ugly zygoteorwhateverthefuckit'scalled on the cover and it's going to be emerald all over again.

I haven't and could never make myself try the sport areas in those games, I wasn't interested even in HeartGold with that Pokeathelon or whatever it was beside the Park. Character designs for the fifth gen were.. lame works as a safe term. I found the rival in Black/White 2 really annoying as well.

From what I've seen/read about X/Y, the Trainer Customization could stand to be expanded better for males.

dark paradise.

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 08:17:44 pm »
This was me when Black and White originally came out. I bought White, beat the first three gyms and just lost all interest in the game. I'd played each generation from start to finish but with the fifth gen it was hard to like. I think it was their attempt to basically start over that did it. Throwing you into a new region isn't new, but giving you no old Pokemon to use until the post-game(or through the Dream World) seemed to hurt the effort more than anything, especially when you saw some of those new Pokemon. I hate Snorlax's pre-evolution, Munchlax(From gen 4, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum for those that skipped them) and always called it the Trashcan Pokemon, but then they came out with a literal Trash Pokemon.

Even though you're trying to beat each game, I'd honestly say skip White and pick Black or White 2 to beat instead. They did a pretty good job with the sequel games, old Pokemon "suddenly appearing" to be native to the region, well done story continuation from the previous games. I found it a lot easier to build a team in White 2, even filling it largely with gen 5 Pokemon I came to like.

I made it through White! I thought it was okay. Going through White 2 now, I'm only at the second gym leader, though it does seem like it's a major improvement.

i also hate the main's hair, both for the boy and girl. pokemon y has spoiled me.

And Lightning, I think the main hairstyle is cute, at least for the girls. No comment on the guys. I see what you mean about the guys. Yuck.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 02:28:47 am »
I haven't and could never make myself try the sport areas in those games, I wasn't interested even in HeartGold with that Pokeathelon or whatever it was beside the Park. Character designs for the fifth gen were.. lame works as a safe term. I found the rival in Black/White 2 really annoying as well.

From what I've seen/read about X/Y, the Trainer Customization could stand to be expanded better for males.

i've got soulsilver next on my list. a friend lent it to me~ cyndaquil ftw.

haha, the rival. GETURPURRLOINANDGOHOME. and i'm starting to think black 2 is pretty difficult, well in comparison to the other games anyway, or it might just be that i don't know wtf half of these pokemon are and that fucks up the whole element thing. it's probably that. i need more dragons since fairy isn't a thing there yet. at least all the ice pokemon are pretty obvious.

well, didn't play a dude so....i didn't suffer through that. however, a friend of mine said the same thing. he said there aren't as many outfits or hair styles. i'm sure pokemon z or chromosome or xy2 or whatever will fix that.

And Lightning, I think the main hairstyle is cute, at least for the girls. No comment on the guys. I see what you mean about the guys. Yuck.

gurl, ublind? it's princess leia gone wrong, very wrong. but yeah, the guy is worse, much worse. pretty sure gamefreak was like, let's put a porcupine on his head, cover it with a hat, and call it done.

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 10:04:02 pm »
thinking of getting a vita or a 3ds.

Pros and cons, my hoes and mons?

edit: I am sorry for the offensiveness, couldn't resist the rhyme.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2014, 10:59:18 pm »
hm, never had a vita so i can't really say too much for it. however, i did have a psp and it was okay. i'm sure the game selection is better now. it was so limited when i had a psp and that made it kind of suck.

3DS is totally awesome btw. although, i almost never use the 3D function, it makes my head hurt and i have to hold my ds a certain way and meh, i dun wanna. the games are a bit more for any age group, unlike the vita which i think you can go from everyone to not so much everyone.

basically, i think it comes down to whatever games you'd prefer playing since even though the 3DS and vita are handhelds, they're super different. i'd look into what games each system has, see what you prefer, and go from there.

MAJOR EDIT: bahahahahaha, so apparently fuck pokemon z, it's going to be pokemon alpha and omega, of guess wut, reboots of sapphire and ruby. i don't know whether to call this laziness or genius, although prolly gonna go with the former.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:39:07 pm by Lightning »

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 07:08:01 am »
there seems to be more action rpg on vita, which is what I like. But I can't deny the sheer volume and fan-stuff that comes to 3ds, so yeah. I shall see if there's a game I'll buy either for.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2014, 10:13:34 am »
^ excellent plan mi amigo~

also, seriously, is the ps4 a good investment or not? like, i really want it because of the games and shit, but i also should probably get a new computer... the graphics do look fucking amazing though. i saw my friend's with call of duty or whatever it is (all those war games look the same imo) and it looked incredible. ughhhhhh why do i have to be so damn poor?!!!!

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 11:24:39 pm »
double post, yo.

so, i recently purchased watchdogs for the ps3 and it's awesomeeeeee. my only complaint is that almost all his clothes look the same, and i can't see what they look like on him unless i buy them.

i do love being able to steal money like crazy. never has it been so easy to acquire $200,000 to pay for my faux ferrari f40. oh and the lives they make up for all the npcs can be pretty hilarious. i watched one dude confess his love to a store mannequin in his apartment.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2014, 11:29:38 pm »
Definitely investing in a PS4 in the wake of all those E3 announcements. Blood Borne is really what sold it for me, though there are a ton of games to look forward to this fall. I'm replaying Dragon Age: Origins in anticipation for Inquisition. Not to mention the GTA V upgrade should be pretty nice, if only so I can have my badass online character terrorize people in brand new splendor.

I've been debating on getting Watchdogs, but I've heard it really hasn't lived up to the hype it got. Then again, what does these days?

And omg, Dark Souls II is already getting a dlc. It took 2 years for the original to get one, but it was phenomenal. I hope this one coming four months after release is the same quality.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2014, 02:36:56 am »
Definitely investing in a PS4 in the wake of all those E3 announcements. Blood Borne is really what sold it for me, though there are a ton of games to look forward to this fall. I'm replaying Dragon Age: Origins in anticipation for Inquisition. Not to mention the GTA V upgrade should be pretty nice, if only so I can have my badass online character terrorize people in brand new splendor.

I've been debating on getting Watchdogs, but I've heard it really hasn't lived up to the hype it got. Then again, what does these days?

And omg, Dark Souls II is already getting a dlc. It took 2 years for the original to get one, but it was phenomenal. I hope this one coming four months after release is the same quality.

man, i've tried getting into GTA but it's just too vulgar for me. i do think it looks pretty though~

what i really like about watch dogs is its similarity to GTA in combination with AC. sure, the free running isn't as good, i mean he isn't an assassin, more like vigilante hacker, but it's still there. like AC, the people are really conscious of the shit you're doing and they chew you out for being a bad driver, pushing past them, etc. oh and i love how much effort they took into making it look like chicago. it's pretty spot on.

anyways, it's a fun, entertaining game with a decentish storyline and shit tons of side stuff to do. i don't regret the purchase.

and i've never played Dark Souls. i've heard it's hard as fuck though.

also, i just found out your character in Destiny is customizable and can look like a Bionicle. god, it's going to take ages till i find my alien/robot/fantasy thing satisfactory in color and face combination.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2014, 02:59:57 am »
Well, you sold me on giving Watchdogs a shot. Just polished off Dragon Age and was looking for a new game to play. I'm waiting for it to finish downloading as I type this.

GTA is definitely really vulgar, no doubt on that. I played the story once, played the stock market until all my characters were billionaires, and have been playing the online with the personal character you create ever since. I look damn fine in my suit and faux Lamborghini, tossing C4 out the window and exploding other players in 120mph drive by's.

The only thing hard about Dark Souls is the learning curve. Once you know how to play, it's just patience and timing. It gets it's reputation because it is brutally unforgiving with mistakes.

Destiny is another game I'm really looking forward to. That, and Evolved. Both look really badass.

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2014, 04:13:39 am »
awesome! also, i just realized we should totes be friends on the psn. i have like, one friend and it's my cousin haha.

my s/n is rockyraccoonhaha. also totally up for anyone else wanting a new friend.

yeah, i can't stand GTA's story at allllll. that and all the characters are ugly. the watchdog's main, Aiden, he looks good as long as he keeps a hat on.

as one that makes a shit ton of mistakes and by mistakes i mean i spaz, press the wrong button and totally fuck shit up, i will probably not be playing Dark Souls any time soon. that and games are fucking expensive as hell.

i want Destiny sooooooo bad. the boyfriend and i watched a game play vid awhile back. it looks hella cool. i like how it's like scifi with some fantasy to it too. and of course, Bungie makes it look fucking gorgeous. i'm expecting some mad multi/coop play though, which, by the looks of it, is what we'll get.

i'm also just gonna toss in that new batman game cuz HOLY SHIT YOU CAN DRIVE THE BATMOBILE. oh and prolly play Harley Quinn, which would be pretty sweet.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2014, 04:11:05 pm »
Added you on PSN. Mine is Empty_Logic, for anyone else who wants to add me.

So I played about three to four hours of Watchdogs last night, and I have to say, it is pretty awesome. You were spot on when you said it's a balance of GTA and AC. Though is that home invasion stuff always so depressing? So far I've seen a guy get friend zoned, a bulimic girl berating herself as she throws up, a grandfather dead with a voicemail from a concerned and loving son, and a guy trying to move back in with his parents.

And wtf are the cops on in this game? They are absurdly competent drivers. It took me half an hour of doing the same car mission before I realized that there is no way to escape those assholes without using your hacks. The hack feature is insanely cool though. I have made 50 grand just running down the street and robbing people on their cellphones, lmao.

New Batman? I still haven't gotten around to playing Arkham Origins yet, because I keep forgetting I own the game, lol. I really love this series of Batman games though. Didn't hear about a new one.

Edit// Also, did anyone else see the trailer for Dead Island 2 and laugh their ass off? I loved the first game. I'm looking forward to this sequel.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 04:17:35 pm by Pride »