News: 
Paragraphite

Dilemma help! Read 1014 times

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
Dilemma help!
« on: April 09, 2014, 03:21:55 am »
So, I have a dilemma. I'm attending a FanX (Similar to a Con, but geared toward tv and movies as well as all the other stuff) next week.

One of the days I'm going as Kaylee Frye from Firefly since both Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin are going to be there.

I am for sure going one other day, but the third day is a bit up in the air because we have appointments to check my little's ears, and she's going to get knocked out, so we don't know if she's going to be up for doing much after that.

Here is the dilemma- I have three other costumes I am trying to pick from, in case I only get to attend one other day.

So I need help deciding between
*Supergirl
*Tsunade- from Naruto
*She-Ra Princess of Power

They all need a little bit of touch up, but nothing major that couldn't easily be done between then and now.

Anyway, I am a total geek, I know this. But... Help me decide anyway?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 04:42:16 am by Peregrine »

Pach_Work

• prone to imagination spasms
    • View Profile
Re: Dilemma help!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 08:59:47 am »
Omg this is such a hard decision...I was going to reply with a total obvious answer but the more I think about it the harder it becomes. I guess if I really had to choose I would pick She-ra? IDK this is so hard! I've never gone to any events like this, but I've made plenty of costumes in my lifetime (sorority parties...I know it's not the same thing...)

Btw, how is your little one doing? I have a friend who is in school for Audiology right now and I feel like from his knowledge that I have some lol :P Just kidding, but I am concerned to know how she is. Hopefully doing better?

Sorry if I am no help. I feel like you can't go wrong with any of these choices!

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 04:11:40 pm »
My first inclination was She-Ra, too, so I'll just go ahead and add my voice for that one ^-^

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 07:15:46 pm »
That seems to be the general consensus with everyone I ask. Though Supergirl has gotten some good votes too from some folks I've asked.

The little from what we know so far, can't hear, or can only hear in limited ranges. She failed what is called and OAE test, and it isn't fluid build up behind her ear drums like we hoped. We were able to get an ABR (Auditory Brain-stem Response) test done one one ear while she was asleep, but she woke up and wouldn't let us do the other ear. Those results were abnormal so they are having us do a sedated ABR test and an MRI. We're still crossing our fingers its something that can be treated/fixed, or that she can at least be fitted for hearing aids so she can have improved hearing function.

Thanks guys, it really is great to have such awesome support! 

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 09:46:10 pm »
I hope the tests give you good results, and it's such a fun idea to have her go to a con/x in conjunction to the tests, so she'll get the good with the stressful. Way to think ahead!

For the costume, She-Ra is more geeky, so I like that. I love supergirl but she has lots of different costumes. Is it the new 52 one? Because if you can pull that one off, it'll be even more geek-tastic than She-Ra. So I vote supergirl, if its new 52.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 12:03:10 am »
Alas, I'm too body conscious  for the new 52. I have the classic 1980's skirt and long  sleeve shirt, billowing cape thing going on.

Yeah, we are hoping she'll have a good time. I'm whipping up Elsa and Anna Frozen costumes for my girls. They were Wonder Woman and Supergirl at our last con with them. Her older sister wanted to do Frozen this time, even though I'm a bigger fan of the comic book characters, I try and let my kids have their own choices. *shrug*

I think She-Ra is going to be the pick if I only get to do one of the two. =]

Pach_Work

• prone to imagination spasms
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 04:51:33 am »
Poor baby >.< I hope the tests give you good results as well! I know she can't enjoy what she has to go through at so young. Kids need to be kids, and going to the doctor takes away from kid time.

The only thing you may have to be careful with She-Ra (and little ones) is her WHITE DRESS. If you're like me and spill stuff on you every time you eat, you should wear the cape in reverse if you guys go eat anywhere, lol as if it's a bib XD