The Green Month's Challenge Read 934 times

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
The Green Month's Challenge
« on: February 27, 2014, 04:53:43 pm »
Theme of themes: Utopia, Paradise.

Words to use: Green, Fear, Dinosaur(s), Overt.

Length: Just write~

This prompt brought to you by:

March, the Green Month.
The Toclafane, Fiddler and Green.
Firefly: This Land
And finally, Julius Caesar, warning you to avoid inevitable betrayals by killing them before they can kill you!

March is my birthday month, make these entertaining for me! xD
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 04:57:28 pm by Krystal Itzume »

Q

• Drinking tea. ('cos that's what we do in England)
    • View Profile
Re: The Green Month's Challenge
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 03:18:03 pm »
((Challenge accepted. An early Happy Birthday to you K))

The last thing I remembered wasn’t anything worth noting. I must have had a fair too few bevvies at the local.

Rubbing at my temples, I sat up with a groan; blinking, only to have to shield my eyes from blinding sunlight.
It was *way* too bright.

I reached for my duvet, confused as to why it wasn’t there. I just wanted to go back to sleep, the headache swirling in my head informing me that from now on Tequila was not such a good idea.

I cursed and moved to get out of my bed. The covers were probably now a part of my ever growing floordrobe.

It was only then that I realised, I wasn’t even in my bed. I was in fact sat in green, mossy downs. It was so soft and plush; I couldn’t believe I had thought this was really my bed!

I was going to kill my friends when I found them. This was probably another of their stupid pranks. I reached blindly for the phone in my pocket, which had conveniently decided to choose this moment to die.

Grumbling and muttering to myself under my breath, I got to my feet, brushing a hand through hair which had long since lost its gel and was now probably a wild, untamed, bedhead of mess.

I had no idea where I was.

Walking didn’t ease my worries. In fact, the more I walked, the more the growing wariness I was feeling was turning to something akin to fear.

This… was no place like home.

Looking out onto the horizon; nothing at all seemed familiar. Had I stepped into Wonderland, or perhaps Oz?
Everything was so bright and colourful. I half expected an entourage of Munchkins or playing cards to appear at any given moment. My tired brain was not helping by suggesting that I attempted to remember exactly why a raven was like writing desk.

Of course, as I stepped into the next ‘grove’, I was greeted not with Lions or Tigers or Bears, or even White Rabbits and strange Tea Parties, but with a vision straight out of Jurrasic Park.

Low; before me, were a herd of Dinosaurs.

Now, I’ve never been that good at remembering all the names of Dinosaur breeds… or types or whatever the hell the sub categories were, but… these were eating trees… so, you know, that was a good sign in my eyes, but I sure as hell wasn’t sticking around to find out.

I turned and began to walk the other way.

Suddenly I was running.

I didn’t know why I was running. I could hear the roar or shriek or growl of something I could only imagine was *not* a herbivore.

I fell; tumbling down a hillside. Peering up to the top, I saw a visage of the one Dinosaur I probably *could* name, but right now… really Did. Not. Want. To.

And seconds before the ghastly prehistoric lizard could toss me into its mouth like a pancake, my eyes snapped open.

Heartbeat racing and shivers running through me as though I had run for miles; I realised that it had all just been a dream.

Groaning, pulling the covers back over my aching limbs, I swore to myself “I am never drinking again.”

((P.S... I only realised after  wrote this that I totally ignored the theme. Oops. Ah well. I'll give it another shot later. I got the words in. This makes me semi-content))
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:19:54 pm by Q »