News: 
Paragraphite

404 Error and Posting Issue Read 2299 times

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
404 Error and Posting Issue
« on: February 15, 2014, 11:05:59 pm »
Fortunately, this hasn't been happening to me, yet. I'm hoping not to jinx myself.

But a lot of other members have been noticing a 404 Error whenever they try to load the site or post. The 404 is a foreign language (Swedish probably) so it's thought to be an error on those particular servers. If someone could look into this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Btw, I'm constantly experiencing a time out error when posting. It's easy to fix, I just refresh and reconfirm the submission, but it is something that's never happened before till these errors stated.

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
Re: 404 Error and Posting Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 02:23:29 am »
Similar to the problems we were having last year, it seems attempting to find the site through my AT&T cellular service keeps me stuck at the 404 error screen. But once I'm home and using my wifi (which incidentally is also AT&T), I am able to access the site normally.

Seems cellular service is the problem on my side.

Edit// That said, I am still getting the time out on my wifi.

Edit2// Also, like our previous problem, I am able to circumvent the 404 error by using a proxy server: proxy-server.at . Posting from said server however is proving to be a huge pain in the ass thanks to those timeouts.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:45:15 am by Pride »

MyDiorama

• Architect
  • tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 02:01:32 pm »
Hi!
That is weird i must say. I'll contact or webhost and see what's up.
could you take a print screen when it occurs?

Pride

• flash point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 09:59:54 am »
At the moment, I do not seem to be having any issues, even on my phone. If it occurs again, I'll screenshot it.

Though honestly, I'd be happier if I never encountered it again, lol.

MyDiorama

• Architect
  • tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 02:11:23 pm »
I'm glad the problem isn't there at the moment. I'd rather it'd go away too.
i've talked to our web hosting company and they couldn't see anything wrong with our page and they didn't know why the 404 showed up.

They said you can use this site and use "trace" so see how your internet goes from you and us. If there's something blocking the way it will show. (I don't know how it really works)
http://network-tools.com/

They also ditn't have any answer to why pages time out. If you ever get a time out please print screen this too. That way I can show them what's wrong.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 08:34:29 pm »
I get a server not found page on occasion.

I can usually still see the site by logging in via a Proxy Server, which I am doing right now.

I've also gotten the "timed out/expired" thing a couple of times.

This is what I'm getting right now without the Proxy

MyDiorama

• Architect
  • tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 09:46:16 am »
Thank you for our screen shot.
This proxy server you use, can you give me the link? I'd like to explain to our web hosting company how you manage to get around it.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 06:32:15 pm »
poxy-server.at

Beau gave me the site, I just know it works. =]

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 08:39:28 pm »

it finally happened to me. i reloaded the site a few times and managed to get it to work though.

Peregrine

• Alis Volat Propriis
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 08:41:36 pm »
Got this for the first time today, it went away after a minute and a refresh.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 08:45:22 pm »
So, me as well...

ETOIAMIAGV;

I mean.

It showed up as I tried to post this.

MyDiorama

• Architect
  • tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 09:38:59 pm »
Oh how annoying!
I'll call our web hosting company tomorrow and let see how they can explain this. I mean really, this should NOT be happening.
Thanks for all your screenshots! That's our webhost's "page do not exist"-page. And yes, as someone was guessing it's in Swedish. :)

I'll update you tomorrow when I've talked to them! (I've got your e-mails too in case there's something important I need to tell you).

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 02:12:32 am »
I've gotten the ones that the others shared.  It seems to fix itself after a few minutes.

I also got this one today (although I don't know how to maneuver enough in windows8 to find my snip/clip thing -- This looked like an Error 503.

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

And now this one:

Page Could Not Be Loaded

We're very sorry, but the page could not be loaded properly. This should be fixed very soon, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Debug Info:

Response: Service Unavailable
XID: 661218406

« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 04:08:39 am by Beau »

MyDiorama

• Architect
  • tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 12:10:16 pm »
Hi all!
I've just spoken to our webhosting company.

The problem you encountered just now Beau was because of a problem they had this morning. It should fix itself soon.

About the 404 page.
The yellow error page belongs to our company, therefore something's wrong. I've sent them your print screens and hopefully I'll have an answer today or tomorrow.

The white error page is most likely not something we control. USA is a very controlling country and they filter a lot of pages and since our page is based in Sweden it might sometimes be caught in the filter (also the fact that it's a forum might increase the risk of it getting caught in the filter). Sometimes the countries themselves have filters in their incoming routers, but it is also very likely that the network company filters it for you. That might be why it sometimes only works when using a proxy server.

So,
White error page = It's most likely blocked either by your country or your net provider
Yellow error page = somethings wrong with our web hosting.