News: 
Paragraphite

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, PARA! Read 1484 times

paris

• i might leave in a bodybag, but never in cuffs.
    • View Profile
HAPPY HOLIDAYS, PARA!
« on: December 25, 2013, 03:04:57 pm »

everyone at a Para, please have a very very very happy holiday, and thank you for being such an awesome community!

for anyone celebrating Christmas today, let us all know the favorite gifts you received and the best gifts you gave this season!

Verse

• blue in nothing
    • View Profile
Re: HAPPY HOLIDAYS, PARA!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 05:07:07 pm »
Thank you Paris and right back atcha!

Let me tell you all the tale of my gift's this season!

In sweden we open presents on the 23rd. We like to do all the things in the "eves" instead of the "days" here.

So, Ara and I are moving to a more northern place in sweden (yes, I know it's like moving to a warmer place in hell, but I digress). Anyways, I am the oldest son in an asian cultured family and while I relented my big brother rights to respect from younger sibling because my younger brother is a selfish bum-hat who, like myself, only use our cultural and traditional heritage when it suits him, I am still very babied and pampered. My gifts consisted only of house-warming gifts that are practical (unlike the ones Ara and I've received from friends, which have been various degrees of both practical and fun) and the red envelopes of money that accompany most gifting opportunities in our household. Both categories will save my life up in a place that Krystal Itsune affectionately has named DOOMTOWN, and were very welcome.

Now, I love how mom and dad dote on me, and how happy they are about me getting this job, but they do tend to be, shall we say, overly involved in what I should bring to new places. They made sure me and Ara have everything from a table top oven to copious amounts of toilet paper. Ny dad even re-taught me how to make ramen. It involves MGS, here, so now I know that. This new, cold place causes them to worry and there have been many controversies over me having all too many fancy jackets and not enough warm ones. They have spoken to me in-depth about long johns and padded vests under padded outwear. I thought it was odd that they never mentioned gloves. In fact, my sometimes involved brother and MyDiorama who is also a concerned person in swedish matters (and cold is a swedish matter) refrained from mentioning anything about gloves altogether.

Come midday on the Eve, my and ara's first opened a package was a multipack of thin gloves each. I then received another wrapped, soft present, that turned out to be snow-board grade gloves. Both of these were from mom and dad. My brother laughed under his breath and told Ara and me to open his gifts to us next. More gloves. And more gloves to wear under gloves.

When it was my brother's turn to open his gifts, he became the happy owner of a pair of arctic style gloves from either Dior or our parents, and then a pair of wrist supporting gym gloves from me and Ara. At the end of it, I do believe my father got away with a pair of gloves as well.

We should all have coordinated our presents better but it was a very joyous and hilarious present opening event at our house. I think we would have been better off filming all of it. My father ended up screaming "Gloves!" before a new present was opened. It was the most fun I've ever had wishing from the same thing from everyone.

Have an awesome end of decemeber, everyone!

Q

• Drinking tea. ('cos that's what we do in England)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 06:11:35 pm »
Generally, I am not overtly a huge fan of Christmas, or the time preceeding it.
This is frequently due to it being my birthday the week before and many previous plans for celebration have been somewhat ruined by Christmas work parties and the same songs filtering into the airspace at the same time I just wish to have some... normal music to dance the night away to.
This may have made me a little bit of a grouch when it comes to Christmas celebrations, and I know exactly how selfish that sounds.
Last year I joked that I would move my Birthday to June.

This year however, was made extra special for me.
I was lucky enough to have two Christmas celebrations.

My boyfriend and I agreed to celebrate Yule together on the 21st, by which we gave each other presents, turned on the fire and sat next to it with a guitar, singing carols with the lights of the Christmas tree shining brightly.

A couple of days later, we travelled south to visit my family, and the best gift I could have possibly been given was how my family reacted to the first time I've ever brought a boyfriend home for Christmas. They made him so welcome, and even went to the extent of buying him gifts, despite us having only dated for over a month.
Their extended love during our early Christmas (which we celebrated yesterday due to various people working today) was heartwarming and made my Christmas very special indeed.

Ara

• Fantastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 11:53:49 pm »

My hat! Dior gave it to me and I love it! I'm going to wear it everywhere until summer and since I'm moving up to the Arctic Circle next week... that means that I'll be wearing it forever!

I had a great christmas with cocoa and cookies! I hope everyone else had a great time too!

Beau

• I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 01:35:15 am »
I got gift cards/money.  Not much fun to take a picture of.  Although I also got a gag gift of footy pajamas (which I won't ever wear...)

That said, the kids made out like bandits.  Video games, nerf guns, legos.    Our house is gaming central at the moment.

Happy holidays.

I can't believe its already 4:30 PM here.  Where did this month go?

Pach_Work

• prone to imagination spasms
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 01:48:55 am »
Hope y'all had a happy holiday! I got some nice things (the best one was a new car!) My family that traveled is still hanging around, and we are having another big dinner tomorrow for when my Aunt and cousin get in from VA. A lot of my time has been spent job hunting, now that I've graduated college and all. Wish me luck!

Hope everyone has a special New Years! :heart:

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 04:52:34 am »
happy holidays and a happy new year!

two hours till 2014 here. wtfomgwheredid2013go?

christmas was wicked sweet. santa delivered a trampoline to the kids and by santa i mean, we lifted it to my uncle's yard because they built it secretly behind the shed. it was pretty much the only work out i got all year.

i also go my pokemanz. it's awesome. #teameevee

if any of you have a ds, let's be friendsssss.

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 09:55:17 am »
happy holidays and a happy new year!

two hours till 2014 here. wtfomgwheredid2013go?

christmas was wicked sweet. santa delivered a trampoline to the kids and by santa i mean, we lifted it to my uncle's yard because they built it secretly behind the shed. it was pretty much the only work out i got all year.

i also go my pokemanz. it's awesome. #teameevee

if any of you have a ds, let's be friendsssss.

Ahh Lightning I have a DS that I play pokemon on! Be my friend!

Also HAPPY NEW YEAR PARA! Hope this year is even better than 2013 was! Yayyyy! ~

Lightning

• dying with style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 10:06:51 am »
Ahh Lightning I have a DS that I play pokemon on! Be my friend!

um, hell yessssss. my friend code is 0834-2233-0042. i seriously just figured out how this shit works. haha.

that code is totally up for grabs for anyone else here too. be my friend~

Pach_Work

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 10:09:49 am »
Not sure how it works, haha I just wanted to be friends~

What do I do?