Paragraphite

The Year That Once Was [Finished] Read 11790 times

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
  • Don't Leave Me In This Heaven Alone.
    • View Profile
Re: The Year That Once Was [Closed]
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2014, 08:19:33 am »
Andrew and forwardness did not generally work well together, not even with women. He shook his head at the question of a crime, but found he couldn’t quite answer whether or not Julio was. Cute wasn’t the word that Andrew would have used, but he also knew he shouldn’t be thinking that way. Andrew was very deep in the closet—so deep that Angelus had figured it out, unfortunately, though he’d not told Andrew as much.

“S-sorry,”Andrew managed, “I’m not used to such attention. The people in London aren’t like you.” That much was true, and certainly not at any of the places he’d ever gone. Of course, most were intimidated by Angelus.

He could scare with a smile. He’d seen him do it, too.

He imagined Angelus had done just that when he returned with three drinks carefully balanced, and a wad of cash,
“Did you just rob the clerk?!”

Last he knew Angelus didn’t do such things.
“Yes, that’s totally what I did. Robbed the clerk. Call Maya and let her know she's going to have to post bail again.” He handed Andrew his beer, offered the orange juice and cash to Juls, “Andrew’s cool,” Angelus agreed. “Good at paintball, though he doesn't look it. Is there a place to play here?” He hadn’t found it yet. He wanted to get back into playing it as soon as possible. It was good stress relief. “Do you play?” He added as an afterthought.

Andrew shook his head. That was how he met Angelus. He was just recruited onto the team when he came to examine the arena in London. He hadn’t been prepared at all.

Bleu

• E•MER•GEN•CY
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2014, 08:43:29 am »
‘People aren’t like me? Am I weird?’

He didn’t ask, but Julio was quite intrigued by what Andrew had meant with it. Of course Julio knew that he was weird. He thrived on that fact, actually.

“Don’t worry,” said Juls, realizing that he would get nowhere that night with Andrew. He still liked him quite a bit, so he would not postpone his pursuits forever. “I’ll stop teasing you so you can drink your beer in peace.”

He turned to Angelus who delivered to him the cash that he had quite easily given the bartender. Juls smiled and took the cash into his hands. “Drinks on me, then? I’m buying, boys.”  He chuckled before looking back to Andrew, his flirtatious intents now hidden behind a friendly demeanor.

“Paintball, huh?”

That certainly did make Andrew appear more attractive than before, though he didn’t let his eyes linger overlong on the blond.

“I can’t say that I’ve ever played, though I used to go to the shooting range back in the day. Pretty good with a gun.” He had gotten a deep addiction to the thrill of it, but when he moved away from his parents, he just didn’t seem to have the need for it. What interested him now was something more exotic, like archery.  Still, he was sure that he would be excellent at playing paintball. “There’s a multipurpose sports park on Main. It's all vandalized on the sides, but it's not too shitty on the insides. Best you'll find around here.”

He drank from his designated drink.

“So what brings you both to thrilling Bristol? Y'all just moved in, huh,” he spoke, though not as a question, “well that’s good news to me. I would have been a hell of a lot poorer had you not decided to venture into this bar. I’ll drink to that.”

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2014, 02:09:31 pm »
Angelus shook his head a bit at the ‘offer’ to buy drinks. He listened for the information about paintball. “Maybe you could play with us one day.”

“Didn’t Jasmine want you to stop inviting people without team approval first?”
Jasmine hadn’t been pleased when Andrew was dragged onto the team.

Angelus shrugged,
“Dunno.” The answer was yes. He had only dragged Andrew, and Jasmine ended up approving of that choice. Save for Saxon, he was usually good at judging people. “You’ll have to show us that place on Main.”

The boy drank his orange juice, asked what brought them here. There was no good reason for choosing Bristol over any other place, Angelus had just liked how it sounded. It was also the first name that came into his head when he was trying to think of what to do.
“I picked a name at random,” he answered Juls, “Just seemed right. I didn’t want to be in London anymore. London sucks.” Sure, he could have fixed all the problems by staying in London. The city was big enough.

He smiled at his comment,
“You shouldn’t try to bribe people lest you have something that can hold them to the bribe. I prefer blackmail.”

“Since when do you blackmail people?”

“Apparently since I rob them,”
he laughed. "So, you haven't answered my question. What are you doing here?" Angelus didn't like to frequent places that let in kids. They tended to draw the police.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 04:01:07 pm by Krystal Itzume »

Bleu

• E•MER•GEN•CY
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2014, 07:42:50 pm »
The cash was placed back into the young blond’s pocket.

“I’ll own your asses,” Juls joked about playing paintball with Ange’s group. Though he did have half a mind of showing them where the sports park was – it wasn’t hidden but it also wasn’t near. His attention was redirected from talk of paintball to one of Bristol. Apparently they had picked a place to get away from London.

Juls liked London, one bar in town specially, but he didn’t say it right then.

“What can I say, I’m weak,”
he excused himself when confronted about his bribe, “I’ll make sure to dig some good dirt next time – make his sorry ass pay.”

The question he didn’t want to answer was thrown his way again, but Julio’s spirit did not waver. Was this man really concerned about him being underage? How did he even know? Julio took another sip from his orange juice before leaning against the table.

“You have to buy me a drink for that,” he referred to the question left unanswered, but then he chanced a look to his orange juice. He smiled, for he had dug his own grave. Now he had to answer. “Oh wait, I guess I was trying to find a handsome blond,” he admitted, and he had found one, though they knew that much already. “I won’t bore with the details, but I had a fallout with mum and dad, and now I’m here. Been here for about a year.”

He wasn’t sad about that, though, it was simply the truth. It had bothered him before, but not in a way that made him feel like he was wrong. He was just heading in no real direction, but that had been fixed recently. He needed love, and although he may not have found it with Andrew yet, he would keep trying. He felt like he was right where he was supposed to be, after all.

Not even the crash of thunder outside hindered the idea that he’d find what he was looking for.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2014, 09:04:34 pm »
Angelus smirked at the comment. ‘Sure you will.’ Angelus had years under his belt. His team was well-trained, too, for a variety of circumstances. He was planning to enter competitions soon. ‘We’ll see if you’re good enough.’ He needed a fifth anyway.

When Juls told him he had to buy a drink, Angelus tilted his head up, and glanced to the cup of orange juice just as Julio did. It seemed he realized a drink had been bought for him, so he confessed his reasoning. Andrew flushed pink and Angelus clapped him on the back. The rest of the man’s story was familiar, except Angelus hadn’t had the fall out, and it was only with the mother.

Even so, they were both escaping some sort of life that was disagreeable.
“Well, you at least found the blond. Sorry about the strife with your parents,” half-smile, “I hope that gets better.”

Then, thunder crashed.

Angelus looked to the window, frowned as rain began to fall hard.
“Andrew, do you know the forecast?”

“No,” he hadn’t checked.

Angelus grumbled, took out his phone,
“One sec,” and dialed Maya. “Hey, what’s the weather?” He asked when it was answered. That answer came easily. “Really? Tornado watch? All right, I guess I’ll be heading back. What are you and Jas up to?” The answer made him smirk, “Are there any that aren’t hilarious?”

Her answer caused him to laugh,
“Leprechaun, in the Hood? That is a thing?” He shook his head, “Ok, but there are some serious ones? Cool. I might be bringing a friend.” The suspicion that laced her tone at that caused him to explain in the worst possible way, “Some underage kid I met at the bar looking to score, who decided to hit on Andrew. I bought him a drink.” Silence, for several seconds, then a statement. “Love you!” And he hung up. He turned to Andrew and Juls, “So, we’re under a tornado watch. I’m gonna head back before things get too bad out. Juls, if you want, you can come along.”

Andrew arched a brow, finding Angelus’s invitation strange, and yet not. He did tend to just bring people along.
“You probably won’t score, but there’s horror movies, and I’ve been commanded to pick up snacks.” Mostly hot chocolate.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:07:43 pm by Krystal Itzume »

Bleu

• E•MER•GEN•CY
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2014, 09:46:06 am »
“I have found the blond,” Juls agreed and raised his drink, as if toasting the accomplishment. He gave a smile to the comment about his parents, but commented not on it.

The thunder seemed to have caused enough doubt in Angelus that he had to call someone to confirm the severity of it all. Julio knew that the pair of them would depart well before the conversation had even finished. He drank the rest of his orange and contemplated going back to his place, wondering whether or not he would see them again.

Perhaps he could show them the sports park some other time, that way he could have another go with Andrew.

Julio was surprised, however, when Angelus mentioned to the person on the phone that he might bring a friend. At first he didn’t quite connect the dots, but after a brief and hilarious description, Julio could only smile in response. That would be one hell of a story to share in the future.

With a smile, Julio turned to Ange and let out the laugh he had been holding in. “I need to say, mate, that you described me so perfectly that you deserve an award,” it was a joke, it was clear and genuine appreciation. “Well since I won’t score,” he risked a look to Andrew, “at least let me buy the snacks,  and I’ll make a treat for you and your mates.”

Poi.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2014, 03:48:04 pm »
The offer was taken up. Angelus’s grin widened. “Should I call and let Maya know there’s going to be a mess?”

“She would let us die in a tornado,”
Andrew noted.

Angelus laughed. He didn’t believe that for a second.
“Ok, a surprise, then. Sure, you can buy the snacks. Gotta get hot chocolate, though. Everything else,” he shrugged. He had few preferences. His sister would try just about anything once, and Jasmine wasn’t usually picky. He chanced a glance outside again, “In fact, you can lead us to where we want to go to get snacks.” Angelus had no idea where was the closest place. He and Andrew hadn’t chosen a place too far from their apartment to explore as a bar option.

After all, they wanted a bar that they could easily walk to. This wouldn’t be it, though Angelus wasn’t displeased they’d come here.

Bleu

• E•MER•GEN•CY
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2014, 05:18:47 pm »
A heartfelt chuckle emerged as a mess was predicted in their near future. Julio wished that he would spend enough time with Angelus, and maybe Andrew, for him to realize just how clean Julio was. His apartment, though quite inferior to the way of life he was used to, was always clean and always organized. Such a thought made Julio oblivious to the fact that he was already forming a closer bond with Angelus than with Andrew – a bond unlike the one he was looking for in the beginning.

“Is Maya your sister?” Juls was curious, but was quite certain of it, actually. He didn’t know why, but it just seemed that way. “Yeah, all right,” he knew of a good mom and pop store nearby that might have everything that he needed to make his delicious pudding.

A hand addressed the counter to make sure that nothing had been forgotten before Juls turned and led the way out of the bar. It wasn’t the best of bars, but it had already served its purpose. The sky was blackened, and the streets were prey to strong gusts of wind. Juls put his hands in his pockets to seek warmth, since it had gotten colder than it had been in a long time. The light, but quite stylish, white jacket that he wore was not nearly warming enough for the situation.

Juls lead them in the direction of the store, which just happened to be down the street. It was a small store, but everything inside seemed to have been handpicked for the night. There was hot chocolate, as well as everything (more or less) he needed to make his treat.

He paid for all of it, including a couple of other things to snack on, and settled everything into several brown paper bags. “Here,” he said to Andrew, “since I’m not getting lucky tonight, you get to help me with the bags.”

He smirked playfully, allowing himself to now be lead to their destination.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2014, 06:33:39 pm »
An inquiry about Maya. Angelus nodded, “Yeah, older sister,” he didn’t have another sister, of course. Just the one sibling.

Julio was good with this idea, at least. They trekked out into the rainy, windy world. Angelus wrapped his arms around himself. He hadn’t considered a jacket. Andrew had been smarter. Angelus bowed his head against the wind and followed along. The store wasn’t far away. He shook off the water from his hair once inside, earning a glare from Andrew who got hit by stray drops.

Angelus picked out the hot chocolate, a dark chocolate brew that Maya would love, as well as simple milk chocolate with marshmallows, for himself. He wasn’t a fan of dark chocolate. Juls paid for it all, and Andrew was given the bags.

“His reasoning is sound,”
Angelus offered when he didn’t initially help Andrew.

However, once they were outside, he took one of the bags. It took him a moment to orient himself to where they were, and then he went off in the direction of the apartment.

It took a few minutes to get there, and once there, Angelus knocked rather than dig out his key. Jasmine was the one to answer the door. She was curious about this ‘friend’ Maya mentioned.

She was rewarded by having a bag thrust into her arms from Angelus,
“Here you are,” he said and slipped inside. Maya had a DVD case in her hand and was reading the back. “Are we watching something serious or funny?”

“Serious,”
she answered without looking up, “Fits the rain.” And Andrew was fun to scare. She looked up then, looked by Angelus as Andrew entered to see who the strange friend was.

Jasmine had moved with the bag to dig the snacks out. This one had the hot chocolate. She’d have to work on that. 

Bleu

• E•MER•GEN•CY
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2014, 07:34:36 pm »
Juls carried the bag that all he needed to make his pudding, trying to recall the recipe in its exactitude so that he could do it as quickly as possible once he’d arrived. Thankfully he was not to walk very far in the cold rain before they found Ange’s apartment, though he had been more or less soaked by that time. Despite a distant memory where his parents encouraged him to always carry an umbrella, Julio never did. He had always been a stubborn kid.

A very pretty chocolate skinned girl opened the door for them, and Ange hurried in. Julio cleaned his feet on the mat outside and stepped in right after Andrew, sharing a crooked smile with the other girl before switching his eyes to meet those of the girl he suspected to be Maya, also very pretty. He walked in casually, demanding just the right amount of attention that allowed him to be himself yet also perfectly polite.

Julio had always been good with first impressions, at least those in person. It seemed to have worked with Ange, anyway.

“I’m Juls Bauss,” he said, his crooked smile turning into a friendly grin, he waved with one hand while the other held on to the brown paper bag. Even though he was younger than the rest of the group, Julio was tall – his golden moist hair falling to the sides in subtle waves. Where a man might not have noticed his choice of clothing, a woman might tell much more about Julio from what he wore - organized, clean, and simple complementing colors, yet classy all the same. “I hope you don’t mind that I’m crashing your party, but I would much rather take my chances against a rabid tornado inside – despite my strange obsession with disaster movies.”

He closed the door quietly behind him and looked towards the kitchen before chancing a look towards the kitchen. “May I?” Julio wanted permission before allowing himself into the kitchen. “As a thank you, I’d like to make you all some poi. Got everything I need right here!”

A chuckle.

In a crowd, Julio was quite similar as he was in the bar. That certain element that made him outgoing was the same, and although his eyes were also teasing and flirtatious, Julio adapted well to different types of groups. In the apartment, he just seemed fun and approachable, whereas he had been so straight forward in his pursuit of Andrew back in the bar.

The subtleties were different, but Juls was the same. His essence untarnished.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2014, 08:25:11 pm »
They were all soaking wet. Maya disapproved of it, but had expected it all the same. Jasmine went to the kitchen, Andrew set things down and then seemed at a loss. Andrew didn’t cook. Cooking duties usually fell to Maya or Andrew, because Andrew had managed to ruin macaroni and cheese one night.

The ‘friend who tried to score’ smiled. Maya gave him a once over, before allowing her gaze to return to his. Her friends were now all certain she was one of the best ‘readers’ of other people after the Saxon ordeal, and it was true she could get a good sense of a person. He dressed well, not overdone, but likely classier than what others had worn at whatever bar Angelus ended up at.
‘Doesn’t seem so bad.’

He had a pleasant, casual air to himself. Friendly. Not the sort Angelus usually gravitated towards, that was clear. Andrew was reserved, and Jasmine, while outgoing, was a bit more severe. She returned a smile,
“Not at all,” she answered his statement about crashing the party. “No disaster movies, though, unless fog is a disaster.” She held up The Mist.

Andrew actually cringed,
“Another King movie?” Maya had a problem, enjoying King novels and movies to a fault in his opinion. Of course, the horror genre seemed to be her favorite, so it was no surprise these things tended to be on the line up.

Maya just grinned.
“Heard the ending is pretty messed up,” Jasmine said, stepping aside as Angelus gave permission for Juls to move into the kitchen. “I’ll handle the hot chocolate,” she told him, just as Angelus tossed her the can of whipped cream. She stuck it in the fridge. “What is this poi?” She looked to Maya.

Maya shook her head.
“The only poi I know is not something I’d want to eat.” The poi she knew and had were tools she used in certain forms of dance, LED balls that really made raves fun, just like glow sticks.

She put the DVD into the player, but didn’t plan to start the movie until everything was prepared.   

Bleu

• E•MER•GEN•CY
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2014, 09:36:44 pm »
Juls had heard of the movie, though he hadn’t seen it. He did smile though, “Horror is a very close second for me, always has been” he admitted, but noticed Andrew’s reaction as he slipped into the kitchen. Apparently he didn’t like horror movies. Juls wondered how the boy would fare at the Haunted Houses that were often put up on Halloween.

At the other girl’s wishes, Julio steered away from the hot chocolate. He took out all the ingredients out of the paper bag and organized them as they would be needed.

“So you like raves, huh? I’m familiar with those, too, back when my hair was pink.” Julio engaged Maya in conversation when she spoke of an entirely different poi, and one that he was equally acquainted with. “No, this is an entirely different poi,” he said, “or you could just call it pudding. I had it one time when I went on vacation, and I thought it was gross. Trust me, though, it isn’t.”

That had been an excellent vacation. Hawaii and all its beauties.

“Andrew,” he said trying to fight back a smile, “you can cuddle with me if you get scared. I don’t mind.”

He had to try anyway.

In only a while’s time, the poi was ready and done. It looked like chocolate, but the flavor was a lot richer.  Though traditionally served with fruits, Juls made sure to place all sorts of other things for the pudding. It went surprisingly well with salty things, like crackers and other snacks. The tray in which he carried the poi had the pudding in the center, with mixed fruits and crackers all around.

As he exited the kitchen, everything had been neatly thrown away and the counter cleaned. Just as he often left his apartment, everything was spotless.

“Let’s get our horror faces on,” he said with a smirk.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2014, 10:06:01 pm »
Maya approved of Julio’s genres, but was more interested when he seemed familiar with the poi she knew of. She gave a nod to his inquiry about raves. She did indeed enjoy them. ‘Pink hair?’ She wanted to see that. She drew closer to the kitchen to observe the process of poi being made.

Jasmine continued to make up the drinks. There were just enough mugs for them all, surprisingly enough. She laughed aloud when Andrew was offered a cuddle buddy.
“I-I’ll be fine. Can’t be any worse than Ringu.” Angelus had to cover his mouth. “You’re a jackass, Ange!”

He whispered,
“Seven days,” in as creepy a voice as he could manage. Andrew punched his shoulder and Angelus winced, not hurt, but pretending.

“Sshh, everyone knows Andrew is the nice virgin boy who is second-to-last to die, and he can’t die until he gets a girlfriend, so we’re all safe.”
Jasmine quoted the rules of typical horror movies as she knew them, and watched Andrew turn seven shades of red. “The rest of us are screwed when he does get a girlfriend.”

“Sibling rule.”

“That doesn’t always work,”
Jasmine noted.

Angelus shrugged. He was still banking on it.

The food was eventually made up. Jasmine introduced herself as she handed Juls a cup of hot chocolate,
“Jasmine Russle, by the way,” she realized belatedly she hadn’t done so. It was easy to forget in the home environment. Maya was just pleased he’d cleaned up. “She’s Maya,” she hadn’t been introduced, either. Not officially.

"She's not here, she's a figment of your imagination, but we humor her existence anyway."

Maya just smiled at that.

They arranged themselves variously on the furniture in the room. Maya ended up sitting on an arm of the couch besides Angelus, who had Andrew sit next to him. The poi was tasted, and Jasmine immediately fell in love with it, preferring fruits to the salty things, though she gave it all a try.

The Mist played on, and Andrew flinched multiple times.

Bleu

• E•MER•GEN•CY
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2014, 10:48:45 pm »
Andrew did seem like the nice virgin boy that was often portrayed in horror movies. However, Juls did not believe that Andrew would find a girlfriend anytime soon. It was quite obvious to Juls that the boy was quite confused about his beliefs and his emotions. Julio knew how to spot people like that, and he really did want to help him. As the movie began to play, Juls took a seat next to Andrew. He had teased him sure, but he did not get so close to him lest he really make him uncomfortable.

Juls took the hot chocolate and gave Jasmine a smile. “It’s nice to meet you, Jasmine,” he believed that the two of them would get along just fine. “And you, Maya,” he said giving her a slight wave, “though I knew that already. I heard Ange mention you, and I just assumed you were his sister. I can see the resemblance,” perhaps not physically, but the relation was quite evident.

Even though Juls had been paying attention to Andrew for the earlier part of the evening, his thoughts soon drifted towards Angelus. The connection that he felt with that man was a lot stronger than any intention Juls night have had with Andrew. It was so strong that nobody could deny it, and yet, it was so subtly hidden. Juls played off of Ange, and Ange did the same in return. They were so different, but they thought similarly. They seemed to enjoy the same parts of the movie, and they found hilarity in similar things – like Andrew’s winces throughout the movie.

Julio felt comfortable having him around, and because of that, he felt just as comfortable with the others. Jasmine, Maya, and Andrew all the same.

When the first movie ended, Juls volunteered to change the DVD and put on the second movie. It was a classic, The Poltergeist, and Julio got real excited real quick about it. It was an older film, but no less scary than the film that had just finished. He set it up, did another round of hot chocolate for whomever wanted more, and then sat back down next to Andrew.

He had a feeling that it would be a night to remember.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2014, 11:43:00 pm »
All things remained chaste on the couch, fortunately. They all flocked to it as well, with Jasmine occupying the other arm rather than sit on her lonesome. She, too, jumped now and then, but always seemed amused with her own horror. The three stalwart ones were the Porters, and the new face, Julio.

Hot chocolate and poi were enjoyed by all. A second movie was put in as it seemed no tornado was going to come bursting through to kill them all. It still continued to rain, though, hard and fast. Angelus was pretty sure he saw hail when the lightning illuminated everything. The guest acted more like a host in fetching things.

“Well?”

He whispered it to Maya as she leaned against him.

“I like him.”

Angelus nodded. He hoped the others felt that way, because despite it all, he had a good feeling about Julio. He liked him, immediately, the way he had liked Andrew immediately, and Jasmine, too. He was starting to question his own judgment after the Saxon incident, but came to the conclusion that only reason his radar had been off was because he never met Saxon personally. Surely, if he had met the man, he would have known.

As the movie came to an end, it was still raining heavily.
“How far do you live from here, Juls?” Angelus asked, concerned about having him leave the apartment in this storm if it was too far.

Bleu

• E•MER•GEN•CY
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2014, 12:05:17 am »
As the second movie came to a close, Julio looked over to his watch and decided that it was time for him to head on out. He didn’t work the next day, but he still had some errands he needed to run. He rose and stretched, satisfied by the second movie just as much as he was with the first one. “Excellent movies,” he said, “I’ll have a party going to bed, tonight.”  The rain still poured outside, but that hadn’t stopped him before. He had walked to his job before in similar weather, and although his employer had not been so pleased with him, nothing bad really did come from it.

The blond was unaware of the hail, though.

“Oh don’t worry about that,” he said, “I live on Woodstrings,” he secretly hoped that they didn’t know where that street was. It wasn’t exactly near, but Juls was confident enough in hoping that neither of them knew their way around Bristol just yet. “I’ve found my way home on similar weather, I’m a tough cookie.” It was true enough, though never this harsh.

He did smile as he scratched the back of his in thought. “I do wonder if I could bother you for an umbrella, though?” He chuckled. If they didn’t have one, well, he could always just buy one down at that mom and pop store. He didn’t know why he hadn’t done it before.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2014, 12:30:17 am »
Woodstrings. The name was unfamiliar to all but Jasmine, who immediately shook her head, “You can’t walk all the way to Woodstrings in this,” she motioned out, “It’s hailing!” An umbrella wouldn’t save him.

“Are you going home?” Angelus asked.

Jasmine shook her head,
“At night, in this sort of weather? No, I’m crashing.”

Two bedrooms, three beds, one couch.
“I can stay in Maya’s room, Juls can have the couch.” It was no problem for her. “I can drive you back in the morning, I have to leave early anyway,” she had some things to with UNIT that were going to keep her busy for a few days. They were still searching for evidence of the Toclafane that Saxon had. A blueprint had recently surfaced, and she was called to check it out.

“We’ll have a good breakfast in the morning, too.”
Angelus promised.

“Pancakes.”

Angelus nodded,
“Pancakes, fruits, sausage, bacon, eggs, tea—the works.” They didn’t often feast. Most days it was just cereal, because none of them ever felt like being morning people and making a meal. Maybe omelets. This would be worthy of feasting though.

Bleu

• E•MER•GEN•CY
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2014, 01:05:47 am »
Juls hunched his shoulders and frowned upon being found out, for Jasmine seemed to know just where Woodstrings was. In that moment, it was evident that he was younger than the others. He would have suggested walking even if he had known it had been hailing, but in that instance he would have known that something else would have to be arranged. He didn’t know how he felt about spending the night at a place not his own, and with people he had just met. He couldn’t place why he felt the concern, but the truth was that it had never stopped him before.

When he used to live with his mum and dad, he used to go out and meet other people, partly to spite them. One boy in particular had caused quite the commotion with his parents, but that had been purely experimental. He never liked the boy, and yet back then he had no problem staying over. His parents thought that they were dating, when they hadn’t really. His first real, genuine, relationship had been with another. A girl.

Staying at Ange’s place felt different, and rightly so. It felt, beyond anything, right.

“Well alright,” he said, giving an embarrassed smile in defeat. “Thank you for letting me stay,” he had never had anybody ask him to stay genuinely for his wellbeing. It could have been that had been hanging with the wrong crowd, but it felt strange.

He would have no problem going with Jasmine the next day.

“Not coffee people, huh?”

It wasn’t a question he expected answered, but one that made him think anyways. He wanted to get to know them, and to please them. Angelus especially.

Krystal Itzume

• Caesar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2014, 01:45:48 am »
Julio gave in, and Angelus nodded in approval. The boy would be safe in here, and he’d have a ride safely back to his place in the morning. “No problem,” he said to the gratitude.

At the question of coffee, Jasmine noted,
“I like it, but they’re all heathens.”

“Satan, thank you.”

Jasmine rolled her eyes.
“Heathens,” she stuck by that. “They only drink tea.” Jasmine could drink tea, and she enjoyed it all right, but she preferred coffee. She also knew where to get the best cup, and it didn’t come any store. Now and then she liked to sneak into Torchwood HQ for no reason other than to get a cup of coffee.

“Anyway, I’ll go get a pillow and blanket.”

Jasmine nodded, “Good night, Juls.”

Maya inclined her head,
“Good night. Good to meet you.” Angelus followed them part way, paused at the door to the rooms by touching Maya’s shoulder. She looked up and he quietly placed a kiss on her forehead, before walking into his own room.

“Rest well, Juls,” Andrew smiled, though it wavered, not to anything unkind but to something confused, before he followed Angelus into their room.

Angelus returned shortly thereafter with a pillow and blanket for Juls,
“You sleep well, mate.” He found it odd that he had the same urge to place a kiss on Julio’s forehead, but he resisted. It was too strange, for he didn’t do that to anyone but Maya, his seal of protection. He didn’t always do it, but now and then, when his own thoughts disturbed him, he did.

Protecting those close to him gave him some peace of mind, even if he wasn’t sure what against.

He retreated back to his room to find Andrew already in his bed.
“We’re keeping him, aren’t we?” Andrew whispered into the night. Angelus shut the door behind himself.

“Yep,” Angelus answered, sitting on the bed, “I think he’s all right, just…ya know, young.”

“Tch.” Andrew rolled onto his side.

“You could just tell him you’re straight.”
Though Angelus knew it wasn’t true.

Andrew didn’t answer, except to say,
“Good night.”

Angelus went to his own bed after throwing his shirt on the floor, followed by his pants. Clean, he was not.
“Good night.” He slept, that night, quite peacefully even though usually company kept him paranoid. He had no dreams at all.

In the other room, Jasmine set herself up on the floor, and looked again to the violin,
“You know, I’m glad you’re playing again.” She had been worried. “Maybe you should talk to that guy in the morning. He probably knows when a rave is.” She hadn’t been dancing, either.

Maya sat on her bed, considered it,
“Maybe….”

“I’ll ask,” Jasmine sighed. “You need to start doing things again, Maya. I'll ask him about the local theaters, too.”

‘I’m not sure I like those things.’
She’d been more or less forced into music and dance her whole life. “I know,” she consented. “Ok.” She’d at least humor it. “Good night, Jas.”

“Good night, Maya.”

Maya laid down. For the first time, in many, many nights, she slept without a nightmare.

Bleu

• E•MER•GEN•CY
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2014, 02:30:37 am »
“Goodnight, and thank you again,” he said to them again as they each went their separate ways to retire for the evening.

By the time that Angelus came back to the living room, Juls had already cleaned the counter and put what little belongings he carried with him on top, organized. The young one met Angelus as he came out with a pillow and a blanket, taking them in his hands with great gratitude. This appreciation Juls couldn’t quite covey in words. It was right then that he realized just how important that day had been – not because of Andrew, but because of Angelus.

All of them, really.

“You too, Ange. Goodnight.”

Julio’s hand absentmindedly waved as Angelus walked away, and once he was in his room, the blond remained still for just a moment. He looked down at the sheets that had been handed to him, smiling at just how differently that day had turned out from how he had expected. He contemplated this with a smile as he placed the pillow and blanket on the couch, removed his shirt, and folded it neatly on the counter. Juls slept in his undershirt.

He sat himself down and looked at the blackened TV screen, the rain pouring harshly against the window. Julio let the darkness sink in all around him, for some reason finding it different than before.

The darkness felt familiar, and it suggested that Juls should be feeling afraid, hopeless and lost. It was as if something had bothered him about the darkness, like he’d remember something horrible. The whole evening had been devoted to movies that had shown death and loss, and the darkness should have made Julio afraid. He should have been thinking of how his life had spiraled out of control, just as he had for the past year. He should have been thinking of the sobs that tormented his dreams.

But he wasn’t.

As he rested on the couch, he felt quite different. He didn’t feel like he was lost anymore, and he didn’t feel like the darkness would bring unwanted memories or nightmares. He felt comfortable and protected, shielded from a life that was clawing at him. He had spent his whole life running, desperately seeking for something that could make him feel happy. Something that had almost seemed impossible to find.

He had left his parents in this pursuit, and he had at last found it. He had found a family, and not where on when he had expected it.

Juls eyes became heavy and he drifted off to sleep.

Instead of falling asleep to the echoes of sorrowful cries in the darkness, Juls fell asleep to the image of Angelus handing him a blanket and pillow; to the smell of poi and hot chocolate; and to the perfect feeling of finally finding a place he wouldn’t want to escape from.

End Thread.